Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1735498 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hodusglobal(m): 8:26pm On Jun 28, 2015
What type of Visa did you applied, because the response from the VFS is too early...
holluwerjimmy:
Hello, please i need an urgent response, i submitted my visa application this Wednesday in Lagos and i got a message today that my visa has been processed and i should come for pick up, i hope there is no problem maybe with my application or something because i am expecting a text maybe after 6 days. Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kehnyshavin: 10:59pm On Jun 28, 2015
bisi16:

u sent me a mail request. how can i help?
Bros pls I would appreciate it if u could pm me your contact as I am in d dark on so many issues as it concerns saqa,the monies to be paid and the schools that are tuition free for post graduate studies. Any help rendered would be appreciated. Thanks and do have a nice day
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 5:02am On Jun 29, 2015
Kehnyshavin:

Bros pls I would appreciate it if u could pm me your contact as I am in d dark on so many issues as it concerns saqa,the monies to be paid and the schools that are tuition free for post graduate studies. Any help rendered would be appreciated. Thanks and do have a nice day
Unfortunately I know nothing abt SAQA coz I ddnt deal wit them. Neither do I knw any tuition free institution. I advice u share ur questions here so that those who hav d knowledge can advice u, and 4 others to learn as well. Cheers
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 1:55pm On Jul 01, 2015
Someone please, can I get a SA PR without staying 5years in the country??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 4:45am On Jul 02, 2015
Dear Nairaladers pls bail me out. My wife and I were offered admission to UCT to study MSc and PhD respectively for Jan 2016 and we wish to process our study visa with our two kids.Pls how do we go about this,most especially d one dat concerns d kids?i heard MSc visa application can't start now except in november,pls how true is this?We are presently pulling all d necessary documents together. Thanks

Felix

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 9:57am On Jul 02, 2015
Still on the DIY, Siyabonga and Dankie
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olanikemercy: 10:26am On Jul 02, 2015
So tired of this abuja vfs office.dropped my application since 21st of may and no message from them yet.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aspenjnr: 4:08am On Jul 03, 2015
holluwerjimmy:
Wow.. Thanks so much, i really appreciate!
how far about your application
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 05, 2015
Hello House,

I am a graduate of Electrical/Electronic Engineering. I recently had my Certificates evaluated by SAQA and got an NQF Level 8. I graduated with a Second Class Upper degree, a good one at that.
I tried applying for a Masters by Research degree at the University of Pretoria,to my utmost surprise I was asked by the Admissions officer of the department of Electrical Engrg, UP to enrol for their Honours program and that I wasn't qualified to be admitted for Masters directly.
I was so surprised and furious, and sent her a mail telling her of my grades and SAQA evaluation but she reaffirmed that UP can only admit me for Honours.

It's really annoying! I can't imagine myself enrolling for a South African Honours degree after spending 5 solid years to get my Bachelor of Engineering degree in Nigeria.

Please guys I need suggestions on reputable schools in SA where I can do a Research Masters degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tolma28(m): 5:26pm On Jul 05, 2015
elnino2015:
Hello House,

I am a graduate of Electrical/Electronic Engineering. I recently had my Certificates evaluated by SAQA and got an NQF Level 8. I graduated with a Second Class Upper degree, a good one at that.
I tried applying for a Masters by Research degree at the University of Pretoria,to my utmost surprise I was asked by the Admissions officer of the department of Electrical Engrg, UP to enrol for their Honours program and that I wasn't qualified to be admitted for Masters directly.
I was so surprised and furious, and sent her a mail telling her of my grades and SAQA evaluation but she reaffirmed that UP can only admit me for Honours.

It's really annoying! I can't imagine myself enrolling for a South African Honours degree after spending 5 solid years to get my Bachelor of Engineering degree in Nigeria.

Please guys I need suggestions on reputable schools in SA where I can do a Research Masters degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.

Thanks in anticipation.

Uni Pretoria does not accept direct admission into Masters from bachelors. it's there policy not to. and don't forget that you pay double the fee of the local student.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Saperp(m): 6:35pm On Jul 05, 2015
Good day,

I would like to ask some question, I have a IITPSA certificate and other required documents for critical skill work visa.
I have an appointment letter from a company in South Africa, I would like to know if I should submit it along with the documents to the embassy, The job was not advertise, i was contacted via email about the job, because I have work with the company before.

I work for the company in SA in 2014.

Filling the embassy for is my concern, where its requires if the job was advertised or newly created. That is the part to be filled by the employer.

Hope to hear gurus advice.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 06, 2015
elnino2015:
Hello House,

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 4:09pm On Jul 06, 2015
elnino2015:
Hello House,

Try UKZN.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 06, 2015
Shine1177:

Try UKZN.
Thanks, but I don't really like UKZN.
I'll try WITS and UCT instead.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 5:31pm On Jul 06, 2015
meagainstdem:
Dear Nairaladers pls bail me out. My wife and I were offered admission to UCT to study MSc and PhD respectively for Jan 2016 and we wish to process our study visa with our two kids.Pls how do we go about this,most especially d one dat concerns d kids?i heard MSc visa application can't start now except in november,pls how true is this?We are presently pulling all d necessary documents together. Thanks

Felix
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by danshedox: 5:52pm On Jul 06, 2015
Hello gurus in the house
I want to confirm maybe someone needs to book a flught ticket before he could collect his passport at the vfs collection centre?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 11:17pm On Jul 06, 2015
elnino2015:

May be yu try WITS but it's a standard structure for some courses that students must undergo a compulsory 1year honors program. You may experience a similar occurrence in WITS too or even rejected...

You may however try UJ...But I'm doing honours too n no regrets..

Doing a year Honors opens you to a number of opportunities including funding, experience n more
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iluvweed(m): 3:59pm On Jul 07, 2015
Pls does this means its ready for collection?

Dear Applicant,

Processed Visa Application Reference no. SAAB/XXXXXX/XXXX/XX has been received from the South Africa High Commission, Abuja as on 7/7/2015.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 5:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
elnino2015:

Why don't you like UKZN? If your proposal is not strong enough UKZN won't accept u .Work on your proposal and apply to 3 schools! Above all you have not been to UKZN already u dislike the school!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 8:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
samtol4:
Why don't you like UKZN? If your proposal is not strong enough UKZN won't accept u .Work on your proposal and apply to 3 schools! Above all you have not been to UKZN already u dislike the school!

Lol...Maybe he's going by University ranking Sir
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by scoobs: 10:02pm On Jul 07, 2015
samtol4:
Mayb the name isn't Sweet in to his ears.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 07, 2015
samtol4:

Not really sir, I just don't wanna study/live in KwaZulu Natal province. Just trying to be careful.

Thanks all the same.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:21am On Jul 08, 2015
scoobs:
Mayb the name isn't Sweet in to his ears.
Oh yes ....the name ...Like when you trying to woo a lady and u tell her "am a student of OFFA POLY or Ikot osurua poly
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zzzalexzzz: 9:05am On Jul 08, 2015
Good Day All,

Can anyone please confirm if the Abuja consulate is till giving out repratration fee refund after the Feb 14 or so deadline...I will only be arriving Nigeria from SA this August.

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Medora: 10:07am On Jul 08, 2015
Hello,

Please with my kindest regard, can anyone enlighten me on the possibility to apply for a SA Tourist Visa in Nairobi, Kenya?

Why Kenya? " Well I'm currently overseas now and I booked with Kenya Airways and I'm returning back to Nairobi as the arrival destination. But I'm going to spend some time in Nairobi, of which I'd like to visit South Africa and since I'm not going to make it to Nigeria then I'm wondering if I could apply for a Visa in Nairobi?

Please kindly share your thoughts guys

Namaste
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lobay24: 10:42am On Jul 08, 2015
hello my brother, Dont mind them. You can apply to University of Johannesburg. I went through the same thing. I am in south africa now. But Please y did u chose South Africa? is not a right place for now and i will advise you to go to Canada than SA. there is Xenophobia in everything now.
elnino2015:
Hello House,

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lobay24: 10:51am On Jul 08, 2015
Hello, firstly. I will advise you that you need to tell the company to make adertisement in newspaper or a supporting letter and also all other neccessary letters or documents. I am in South africa and i know how tough to get a job. please maximize the opportunity. I am also working here. am engineer too in a manufacturing company.ready to help
Saperp:
Good day,

I would like to ask some question, I have a IITPSA certificate and other required documents for critical skill work visa.
I have an appointment letter from a company in South Africa, I would like to know if I should submit it along with the documents to the embassy, The job was not advertise, i was contacted via email about the job, because I have work with the company before.

I work for the company in SA in 2014.

Filling the embassy for is my concern, where its requires if the job was advertised or newly created. That is the part to be filled by the employer.

Hope to hear gurus advice.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lobay24: 10:57am On Jul 08, 2015
please my brother is not true, if you are admitted and have a good supervisor you can support not FREE. PLEASE DONT LET THEM DECEIVE YOU.
Kehnyshavin:
Hey there guys, I am new to this, but would appreciate any help I can get. A friend of mine just told me about there being some skuls in south Africa that are tuition free for post graduate studies (i.e masters and doctorate degrees). I would first off like to know if this is true and the processes I need to follow to benefit from this deal. Thanks in anticipation
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Saperp(m): 1:36pm On Jul 08, 2015
lobay24:
Hello, firstly. I will advise you that you need to tell the company to make adertisement in newspaper or a supporting letter and also all other neccessary letters or documents. I am in South africa and i know how tough to get a job. please maximize the opportunity. I am also working here. am engineer too in a manufacturing company.ready to help

Thanks for the reply, what will be the content of the supporting letter, the skill is not tht much, is listed on the gezzate for the critical skills under ICT. The company is ready to give copy of pty certificate slabs SARS certificate. And I also have proof of resident of my apartment in centurion.

Hope to hear back from you bro.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tosol: 1:59pm On Jul 08, 2015
elnino2015:
Hello House,

Thanks in anticipation.

That's indeed annoying. May I advise that you apply to Wits University for your Msc by research. It is going to be well. Regards!

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 2:40pm On Jul 08, 2015
UCT, Cape Town is a good school for what you are searching for.

You could also get scholarships.

Try UKZN kwazulu-natal as well. Great prospects there

elnino2015:
Hello House,

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tosol: 3:12pm On Jul 08, 2015
samtol4:

Baba UKZN, I salute ooo!

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.