Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1734395 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 10:35am On Dec 11, 2012
baddiguy:

They remain intact. The idea is to get a fresh passport that does not feature any page with SA rejection stamp, just so eyebrows are not raised at other embassies. Usually, guys put in a police report for lost passport, go to court and then forward to NIS where about 15-20k and 24hrs would be the only obstacles to getting that fresh passport. But this is criminology, I guess. So I take it back and reserve my... no, comment my reserve grin
Will that stop him from using visa agent from which there are tendencies of likely reoccurrence of what has just happened?

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 10:53am On Dec 11, 2012
chelseabmw: Why will somebody want to use an agent when you have the likes of collinsfbi here undecided undecided undecided undecided

justwise: @collinsfbi

Job well-done! being very helpful here since the start of this thread.

Thanks guys, i have done nothing compare to yours. I am just glad i'm able to assist some with the info at my disposal. The beauty of life is never how happy you may be in life but how happy others can be because you.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 10:56am On Dec 11, 2012
Collinsfbi, nice work here man.

Got a question about studying a short course in SA.

Its a course in film making like 3 months.

So what type of visa is the person suppose to get and does
it go?

Personally, I need info about the Repartration fee now and if the Lag
embassy is stil good to apply (like delay ish)

Sheyi
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayostacey: 11:01am On Dec 11, 2012
Can you guys tell me if I can apply for a SA visa from Ghana? I am Nigerian citizen, but staying primarily in ghana. I dont have a resident permit here or anything, however. But was still wondering if i can apply from here? what are your thoughts on that? thanks!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by topsyking: 12:03pm On Dec 11, 2012
ayostacey: Can you guys tell me if I can apply for a SA visa from Ghana? I am Nigerian citizen, but staying primarily in ghana. I dont have a resident permit here or anything, however. But was still wondering if i can apply from here? what are your thoughts on that? thanks!!
Wat ur prob...how many times av dey answer ur Q?...d last time u ad a yankee wife living together in ghana...be serious n give oda pple chance to bear deir minds
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 12:18pm On Dec 11, 2012
ayostacey: Does anyone know if I can apply for a SA visitor visa from Ghana if I am Nigerian Citizen? I stay in Ghana, though not a resident or have resident permit or anything. I am going back to Nigeria to get my passport since I have lost mine last year. I was thinking I would like to get the passport in Abuja and then come back to Ghana and apply for the SA visa. Is that possible or would I have to do it in Nigeria. I know I could do it the same time I get my passport, but then I'd have to either wait around to get it, (which who knows how long that could take) OR I'd have to travel back to Nigeria again to get the Visa when it was ready (God willing)...Sooo, do you know if it's possible to apply outside your home country? thanks again for any advice

ayostacey: Can you guys tell me if I can apply for a SA visa from Ghana? I am Nigerian citizen, but staying primarily in ghana. I dont have a resident permit here or anything, however. But was still wondering if i can apply from here? what are your thoughts on that? thanks!!

No! Without Ghanaian permit on your passport you cannot apply for visa through Ghana. Since you are in Ghana now you can confirm what i have just told here:
High Commission of South Africa in Accra
Speed House
No 1, 3rd Soula Street
Labone North
Accra,Ghana
local: (030) 274.0450
international: +233.30.274.0450

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 12:32pm On Dec 11, 2012
suxes2005: Collinsfbi, nice work here man.

Got a question about studying a short course in SA.

Its a course in film making like 3 months.

So what type of visa is the person suppose to get and does
it go?

Personally, I need info about the Repartration fee now and if the Lag
embassy is stil good to apply (like delay ish)

Sheyi
Tourist visa (single entry) will be alright for that purpose and you can extend your stay if there is a need for that. Be prepared to pay repatriation and as for Lagos Application Centre, to me i don't see anything wrong with that centre though there may be a little bit delay in the processing of some applications which i think it's probably due to the fact that they accept more applications daily than Abuja centre (Lagos=200 applications daily/Abuja=100/120 applications daily).Aside this, i don't think you have to worry as long as you are applying with genuine documents.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 12:37pm On Dec 11, 2012
smiley smiley smiley
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pelumiv(m): 12:43pm On Dec 11, 2012
Collins, am just curious, is it possible to apply for a visa of Canada from SA, if you have work permit on your naija passport?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 11, 2012
Pelumiv: Collins, am just curious, is it possible to apply for a visa of Canada from SA, if you have work permit on your naija passport?
pls do ASAP 50million pple is too much grin
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2012
Pelumiv: Collins, am just curious, is it possible to apply for a visa of Canada from SA, if you have work permit on your naija passport?
It's easy to secure visa to any part of the world through SA if you are a resident holder of the following permits ; Study Permit, Work Permit, Temporary/Permanent Resident Permit as far as you have your money, I mean if you are financially okay.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayostacey: 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2012
topsyking:
Wat ur prob...how many times av dey answer ur Q?...d last time u ad a yankee wife living together in ghana...be serious n give oda pple chance to bear deir minds

what the hell are you talking about? nobody answered the question, unless im missing something somewhere. whats ur problem with me asking hmm? and YES i have an AMERICAN wife, and we live together in ghana...and what? who am i stopping from bearing their mind? take am easy o
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 1:31pm On Dec 11, 2012
topsyking:

ayostacey: what the hell are you talking about? nobody answered the question, unless im missing something somewhere. whats ur problem with me asking hmm? and YES i have an AMERICAN wife, and we live together in ghana...and what? who am i stopping from bearing their mind? take am easy o

Easy! Easy!! Easy!!!

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 1:59pm On Dec 11, 2012
I just received sms from them for collection

Processed Visa Application Reference no. SAAB/041212/xxxx/xx has been received at The South African Visa Application centre for collection,ABUJA for processing on 12/11/2012 1:05:48 PM.

Somebody pray for me
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stylz1: 2:11pm On Dec 11, 2012
chelseabmw:

When did you apply ? And how long till today did it take them at abuja to process, cos mine is taking too long now
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayostacey: 2:39pm On Dec 11, 2012
Sorry, another question (or 2)...If I deposit the 300K Naira into my bank account shortly before applying for visitor visa, is that going to look somehow? Or will that be acceptable to get the visa? Also, when dropping off the papers (visa app, flight info, bank statement, etc) is this when I also pay the 110K or do u pay that AFTER they approve your visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 2:53pm On Dec 11, 2012
chelseabmw: I just received sms from them for collection

Processed Visa Application Reference no. SAAB/041212/xxxx/xx has been received at The South African Visa Application centre for collection,ABUJA for processing on 12/11/2012 1:05:48 PM.

Somebody pray for me
Best of luck!

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 11, 2012
Hello what i want to know now is if i can get a fresh passport, is that possible? You guys shouldnt blame me, i have never done this travelling before and i believed what the agent told me that was why i went for him and the 300k i had was just deposited by my dad for my flight so he said its his work, i used all info except that statement, getting a new passport, does that works?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 4:07pm On Dec 11, 2012
@stylz:
chelseabmw:

When did you apply ? And how long till today did it take them at abuja to process, cos mine is taking too long now

I applied last week on the 4th of december
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by teetee123: 4:17pm On Dec 11, 2012
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 4:24pm On Dec 11, 2012
ayostacey: Sorry, another question (or 2)...If I deposit the 300K Naira into my bank account shortly before applying for visitor visa, is that going to look somehow? Or will that be acceptable to get the visa? Also, when dropping off the papers (visa app, flight info, bank statement, etc) is this when I also pay the 110K or do u pay that AFTER they approve your visa?
You don't lodge a huge amount into an account to process visa, you can still be denied by doing that and even if you will have to do that, you must attach a self explanatory letter to your SOC stating the source of the money if possible supported by any relevant docs and as for repatriation fee, the Embassy will call you and give you deadline for payment.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by teetee123: 4:31pm On Dec 11, 2012
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2012
teetee123:

I think the questions you are asking has been dealt with earlier on, can't remember the pages, go over the thread.
Most of your earlier questions are better answered at the high commission itself.
Go to the consular officer in Accra or just call the office. Their rules change every time. There are even lots of differences in their dealings between Lagos and Abuja not to talk of Accra. The advice been given here are just suggestions from past experiences. The situation may not be the same again. All the best
Immigration rules, visa requirements, processing procedures etc all these do change I don't dispute that but as far as I am concerned SA visa requirements for Nigeria remain the same no matter where you are applying from within the country. Let us know when you collect your study permit from Abuja maybe I will advise people to apply for study permit without SAQA at Abuja Application Centre.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayostacey: 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2012
collinsfbi: You don't lodge a huge amount into an account to process visa, you can still be denied by doing that and even if you will have to do that, you must attach a self explanatory letter to your SOC stating the source of the money if possible supported by any relevant docs and as for repatriation fee, the Embassy will call you and give you deadline for payment.

Gbamm over n out

Ok, thanks. That might be a problem for us then. We've been basically living out of my wife's account in the USA. My name could never be added to it due to the fact that I dont have a social security number in the US and the bank wudnt allow me to be added without one. We have the money, but for me to get the Visa, I read that I needed to provide a bank account with 300K and above, so my only option was to now deposit that money before applying for visa. As for the repatriation fee...if I've already left Nigeria to go back to Ghana, can someone go pay that fee for me? Do they only collect that fee if the visa is approved? Sorry for all the questions...its my first time.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayostacey: 4:56pm On Dec 11, 2012
teetee123:

I think the questions you are asking has been dealt with earlier on, can't remember the pages, go over the thread.
Most of your earlier questions are better answered at the high commission itself.
Go to the consular officer in Accra or just call the office. Their rules change every time. There are even lots of differences in their dealings between Lagos and Abuja not to talk of Accra. The advice been given here are just suggestions from past experiences. The situation may not be the same again. All the best

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've gone over the thread at least 5 times. All 16 pages. Trying to weed thru the student visas/medical visas/etc. I'm using info I read (like needing the 300K in an account) as references, but still need some clarification from the extremely helpful ppl (mainly, collinsfbi) on here. If you read a response to my last question, you'll see that I am in Ghana but can't apply from here, so the question was not geared towards the consular office in Accra. Lastly, have you ever tried calling any of these offices you mentioned? It's hard to get an answer, or email or anything from them.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 4:59pm On Dec 11, 2012
teetee123: Please has anybody received his\her study permit at the abuja end in the last one month ? There seems to be a problem in processing the permit in Abuja for now.
As of 1st week of December it seems nobody who submitted his\her papers in November has been given the permit while Lagos is giving it out in 2 weeks.
Please can anybody confirm or refute this information.
Mark my words today, though I don't know the course you were admitted for but your permit will only be granted if you satisfy any of these three conditions:
Submission of SAQA evaluation
Submission of HESA exception certificate
Or Your course does not require any of the two which is very rare.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stylz1: 6:05pm On Dec 11, 2012
chelseabmw:

I applied on the 30th of nov. Nothing yet from them, tourist visa for that matter, thinking of withdrawing it, did you still get the visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 6:12pm On Dec 11, 2012
@stylz:
chelseabmw:

I applied on the 30th of nov. Nothing yet from them, tourist visa for that matter, thinking of withdrawing it, did you still get the visa?

Have you tried to call them? Yours is really far....... Am going to abuja tomorrow for collection and i will update you guys...... I dont wise you withdraw now
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stylz1: 6:23pm On Dec 11, 2012
chelseabmw:

No one is picking up there phone, can you help me with a number to reach them directly? Thank you, I wish you all the best tonmorrow.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayostacey: 6:33pm On Dec 11, 2012
chelseabmw:

I applied last week on the 4th of december

Chelsea, yours was approved very fast. Can you share the specifics..was it a visitor visa? what did you supply them when you gave your documents, did you have above 300k in ur bank account as suggested? How long did you say you'd be in SA for? Are you a first time applicant? You said you submitted on the 4th, at what point were u asked to pay the 110K? thanks for your help!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by teetee123: 6:46pm On Dec 11, 2012
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2012
Collinsfbi and co are you guys tired if me so quickly? I want to go quickly, what can i do as they've declined? Should i re apply, i need to get this done b4 christmas ends, may be resuming school back by january....

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.