Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727429 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 11, 2012
Horladortune: Collinsfbi and co are you guys tired if me so quickly? I want to go for a medical trip in sa and my dad paid the doctor already, what can i do as they've declined? Should i re apply, i need to get this treatment quick b4 christamas ends, resuming schook back by january....

nna bros whish level? do u want to be spoon-fed? read the posts made on your issue and decide what's best by yourself. you asked again if it's possible to get fresh passport, but that was talked about, and i put down the process. you're asking if you should re-apply, but folks have told you that it takes months/years to pay the penalty, and i even suggested an alternative. what else do you want bros?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 10:13pm On Dec 11, 2012
ayostacey:

Chelsea, yours was approved very fast. Can you share the specifics..was it a visitor visa? what did you supply them when you gave your documents, did you have above 300k in ur bank account as suggested? How long did you say you'd be in SA for? Are you a first time applicant? You said you submitted on the 4th, at what point were u asked to pay the 110K? thanks for your help!!

When I get home I will respond to this message..God bless you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 11, 2012
chelseabmw:

ok na we are eagerly awaitance your responsilobia muhahaahaha
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 11, 2012
baddiguy:

nna bros whish level? do u want to be spoon-fed? read the posts made on your issue and decide what's best by yourself. you asked again if it's possible to get fresh passport, but that was talked about, and i put down the process. you're asking if you should re-apply, but folks have told you that it takes months/years to pay the penalty, and i even suggested an alternative. what else do you want bros?

but I was told that UK ban but they said south africa does not, can I give it a trial again? Not gone waste the non refundable money paid to the doctor!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Jim241gidi(m): 10:42pm On Dec 11, 2012
Hello house please i will like to apply but i dont know where to start from,and i will like to know if its good to apply through school or something thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayostacey: 11:08pm On Dec 11, 2012
chelseabmw:

Thank you!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 11, 2012
Horladortune: but I was told that UK ban but they said south africa does not, can I give it a trial again? Not gone waste the non refundable money paid to the doctor!

the SA embassy warned applicants not to make conclusive arrangements before visa approval. you/your agent got it all twisted. you should ask the doctor for a refund.
PS: I too cannot say definitely that SA bans. But what do you think, that they will embrace you with open arms next time you apply after you used a forged bank statement? As I humbly suggested before though, if you have the time/energy/money to burn again, you can try a fresh application with your real bank records, attaching a very-well written explanation that oozes sincerity, and put the blame on the agent. If your composition is believable, then you'll have a better chance of not having your application thrown out right away.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 12:41am On Dec 12, 2012
@stylz:
chelseabmw:

No one is picking up there phone, can you help me with a number to reach them directly? Thank you, I wish you all the best tonmorrow.

Okay i will get a number at the VFS tomorrow to reach them.God bless you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 12:47am On Dec 12, 2012
ayostacey:

Chelsea, yours was approved very fast. Can you share the specifics..was it a visitor visa? what did you supply them when you gave your documents, did you have above 300k in ur bank account as suggested? How long did you say you'd be in SA for? Are you a first time applicant? You said you submitted on the 4th, at what point were u asked to pay the 110K? thanks for your help!!

Yea i was approved really fast which was just within 5 working days.I submited just six documents and they are as follows

1: International Passport
2: Hotel Reservation
3: Evidence Of Flight Ticket
4: Bank Statement ( 300k inside my account )
5: Yellow Card
6: Letter of Identification/Incorp of my working place( This letter shows that am going for vacation for less than a month..Duely signed by my MD.

It was a visitors visa.When i applied i stated that i was going to spend just 9days.Yes,this is my first time of applying for a visa.I wasn't asked to pay any 110k.I was only sent that text message for me to come pick up my passport..If you have any further question please ask

4 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 2:12am On Dec 12, 2012
teetee123:

Thanks for all your useful information. They actually have original copy of my SAQA. I never needed SAQA for my course which is PhD at Stellenbosch but obtained SAQA cert because I applied to other univ who requested it. Stellenbosch never asked for it.
Who are you referring to with the word "They", your school or the Embassy. One thing you need to understand is this, since you have SAQA evaluation certificate why don't u include it at least to show that you have done your evaluation even if your school did not require SAQA for admission, who knows the embassy may demand for it most especially if your master degree is not from RSA but instead of doing that you left Lagos for Abuja for submission just not to include SAQA and quick processing. I know of some even from this thread who applied through Lagos and got their study permit within 2 weeks. You make me laugh when you said all what we do here are mere suggestion, anyway, we shall see how fast Abuja will process yours. Best of luck.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 2:20am On Dec 12, 2012
chelseabmw:

Yea i was approved really fast which was just within 5 working days.I submited just six documents and they are as follows

6: Letter of Identification/Incorp of my working place( This letter shows that am going for vacation for less than a month..Duely signed by my MD.
congratulations on ur visa and ure lucky it was treated within such short time. had i known would have gone for submission at abuja. i submited at lagoz since the 23 nov and still under assesment up till now.
It was a visitors visa.When i applied i stated that i was going to spend just 9days.Yes,this is my first time of applying for a visa.I wasn't asked to pay any 110k.I was only sent that text message for me to come pick up my passport..If you have any further question please ask
congratulations on ur visa and which was treated and approved within such short time. had i known i woulda thrown it at abuja.i submitted mine at lagos since 23november and still unda assesment up till now.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayostacey: 2:57am On Dec 12, 2012
chelseabmw:

thank you and enjoy your visit to SA!!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 5:23am On Dec 12, 2012
chelseabmw:

Quiet fast, anyway best of luck and let us know the outcome when you are back. I have a feeling of something as regards your application but I pray you are granted.

@All, Pls note, 300k is not the exact minimum balance you must have in you SOC, so try and use your initiative when applying most especially if you intend to stay longer than a week, you should know that 300k may not be enough and you can be denied based on insufficient fund. So try and get more money into your account if you are likely to spend more than a week in RSA.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 6:20am On Dec 12, 2012
opsy4real1: congratulations on ur visa and which was treated and approved within such short time. had i known i woulda thrown it at abuja.i submitted mine at lagos since 23november and still unda assesment up till now.

As at when i went to submit my application at abuja vfs i was staying at ibadan......i just preferred to go apply at abuja over lagos cos of the stories i get about lagos vfs
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 6:36am On Dec 12, 2012
collinsfbi: Quite fast, anyway best of luck and let us know the outcome when you are back. I have a feeling of something as regards your application but I pray you are granted.

@All, Pls note, 300k is not the exact minimum balance you must have in you SOC, so try and use your initiative when applying most especially if you intend to stay longer than a week, you should know that 300k may not be enough and you can be denied based on insufficient fund. So try and get more money into your account if you are likely to spend more than a week in RSA.

Gbamm over n out

yea 300k should not be a fixed amount of money for ur application. But i have already paid for my flight,hotel accommodation(9days) and also the 300k(17k rands)...My account shows that from the past six months,there is always a large amount of deposit ie meaning that since august this year my account balance shows from 630k to 800k...i only withdrew money out of my account cos of the trip(flight ticket n hotel reservation//PTA).................. i just pray it comes out,i will give you guys feedback later today
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stylz1: 5:46pm On Dec 12, 2012
Chelsea:

We are still waiting for the good news from you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by P406: 5:54pm On Dec 12, 2012
hello guys please what is the exchange rate from naira to rands and a good place to get rands. Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 7:55am On Dec 13, 2012
P406: hello guys please what is the exchange rate from naira to rands and a good place to get rands. Thanks.
Btw 20 to 22naira

Gbamm! over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by topsyking: 8:54am On Dec 13, 2012
Don't gbamm over n out kan kan
Its 17naira to 1rands..
Check www.coinmill.com
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bobbyhenry: 9:05am On Dec 13, 2012
topsyking: Don't gbamm over n out kan kan
Its 17naira to 1rands..
Check www.coinmill.com

baddest boy......you made me laugh loud!!!!!

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 10:02am On Dec 13, 2012
topsyking: Don't gbamm over n out kan kan
Its 17naira to 1rands..
Check www.coinmill.com
You seem to know to well but what you have just displayed is a mere internet conversion rate which does apply when dealing people who trading currency in the physical (not even bank will give you the exact internet rate) even as at today, 1rand = 18.2156naira http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert/?Amount=1&From=ZAR&To=NGN which is almost 19naira but for the fact that currencies do not have stable exchange rate at the foreign exchange market, that doesn't mean you will get it exchanged for that 1rand = 18.2156naira as of today trading. The least you can get it is from 20naira - 22naira for 1rand because those that will exchange for you will also make money for the service render to you.

Gbamm! over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by STENACO: 12:51pm On Dec 13, 2012
Mr friend got his 3yrs Visa to SA yesterday without SAQA and HESA evaluation and exemption respectively. I am waiting for mine I hope it will come soon as well.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 4:00pm On Dec 13, 2012
STENACO: Mr friend got his 3yrs Visa to SA yesterday without SAQA and HESA evaluation and exemption respectively. I am waiting for mine I hope it will come soon as well.
Good news for those who will apply for study permit through Abuja since Lagos is requesting for such. Good luck on yours.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by biolabee(m): 5:22pm On Dec 13, 2012
Nice thread

Is there anyone interested and would like to visit for the AFCON 2013.
Just applied for my visa 2 days ago. Hope for good news tongue
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stylz1: 6:57pm On Dec 13, 2012
Chelseabmw:

What's up man, I hope there was no problem at the vfs office?, still waiting for your reply

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 13, 2012
Chelseabmw is MIA sha o...
I wonder how SA Embassy treated him. Hmmm
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tzetzefly(m): 7:49am On Dec 14, 2012
[b][/b]
biolabee: Nice thread

Is there anyone interested and would like to visit for the AFCON 2013.
Just applied for my visa 2 days ago. Hope for good news tongue

All the best in your application...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 8:58am On Dec 14, 2012
today makes it the 15th working day my application was received at the south affican lagos embassy and still under processing. this is nothing but absolute bullshit. i suppose they shoud ensure they operate within the maximum timeframe. administrative laxity! i planned to travel all things equal on da 10th dec. and plans getting affected already
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by rooney11: 9:05am On Dec 14, 2012
Pls someone got a miss call or fail to a pick frm VHS or south africa embassy may be they want to tell u to go and pay repatration fee and u can't call the number back. What can the person do. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stylz1: 9:37am On Dec 14, 2012
Southafrica embassy is a mess, I am withdrawing my application on monday....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 10:00am On Dec 14, 2012
@stylz:
Southafrica embassy is a mess, I am withdrawing my application on monday....
when did u apply yours?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.