Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1737789 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bimsebony: 10:18am On Aug 27, 2015
yinksob002:
You can book any hotel of your choice within the city u intend staying during your visit.

Secondly, its not mandatory that you pay for all the 11 days. You can pay for just two days out of the 11 days while the balance is paid when you eventually travel to SA. All the best.

Thanks yinksob002. So far I have been checking hotels in Johannesburg and the least payment they are requesting is 50%. That's abit high. What if my plans change. I will lose all that? Please so you know of any hotel in Johannesburg that you can recommend I book thru that will all for one day payment. Thank alot. I submit application next week.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bimsebony: 10:34am On Aug 27, 2015
sovpounds:
For flight reservation use the South African Airways website to make a flight reservation for free.

For hotel I usually use Garden Court Hotel, Sandton, Johannesburg. They are under the Tsogo Hotels Group. On their website there is the option to book, give them your debit card details and your card would only be charged when you check in. If for any reason you are refused a visa or you are issued a visa but you dont travel make sure you cancel the reservation before the check in date if you dont, your card would be charged for the first night.

I hope this info is okay for you.

God bless you sovpound, you just answer my question. Thanks so much
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 12:14pm On Aug 27, 2015
Go through agoda.com and book any of the following hotels: Euro prime hotel and conference venue, Garden court hotel, sandton or protea hotel. Whatever the case is, go for the cheapest option of the three hotels.

For flight reservation, just go to flysaa.com and reserve your flight without any payment. Thereafter, you can print out the ticket reservation sent to your e-mail and attach to your application. I will advise you do this a day before you submit your visa application.

However, ensure you book an hotel that gives you a cancellation option so that you can cancel your reservation and get your money back in case your visa application is refused.All the best
Bimsebony:

Thanks yinksob002. So far I have been checking hotels in Johannesburg and the least payment they are requesting is 50%. That's abit high. What if my plans change. I will lose all that? Please so you know of any hotel in Johannesburg that you can recommend I book thru that will all for one day payment. Thank alot. I submit application next week.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ironheart(m): 2:42am On Aug 28, 2015
FeyiDOT:
Good house, pls I got an email today that , the processed application is ready for collection. Does it mean that my visa is approved cos I submitted last week wednesday. Any one with any idea please
have you collected your passport? was it approved?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by brightooooo: 7:50am On Aug 28, 2015
I love what you guys are doing here, God Bless always, pls house, i want to know if a family who is applying for a SA visa will go to the application centre with all the persons applying for visa, or can the husband submit for everyone? Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 9:07am On Aug 28, 2015
It's advisable that you go with all members of the family to avoid being turned down and save yourself unnecessary questioning as well as clear any doubts. All the best
brightooooo:
I love what you guys are doing here, God Bless always, pls house, i want to know if a family who is applying for a SA visa will go to the application centre with all the persons applying for visa, or can the husband submit for everyone? Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by brightooooo: 9:30am On Aug 28, 2015
In my own word, i think 80 percent of why pple now gets visa easily is the type of advise you guys give, Thanks so very much.
yinksob002:
It's advisable that you go with all members of the family to avoid being turned down and save yourself unnecessary questioning as well as clear any doubts. All the best
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bimsebony: 10:56am On Aug 28, 2015
yinksob002:
Go through agoda.com and book any of the following hotels: Euro prime hotel and conference venue, Garden court hotel, sandton or protea hotel. Whatever the case is, go for the cheapest option of the three hotels.

For flight reservation, just go to flysaa.com and reserve your flight without any payment. Thereafter, you can print out the ticket reservation sent to your e-mail and attach to your application. I will advise you do this a day before you submit your visa application.

However, ensure you book an hotel that gives you a cancellation option so that you can cancel your reservation and get your money back in case your visa application is refused.All the best

Thank you so much. You have been so so helpful. God bless you plenty.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samhest: 6:21pm On Aug 28, 2015
Hello nairalanders, its great to be on this forum.please when can I apply for undergraduate study permit at SA embassy in Lagos. I got an admission letter from UJ today.
Secondly, what are the other likely requirements for the permit.
Lastly, pls does the sponsor has to be direct relative or anyone would do. Thanks for your kind responses
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:07pm On Aug 28, 2015
For study permit, you apply directly at the South African embassy in November provided your admission is for 2016 academic year. The address is 24, Molade Okoya- Thomas street, Victoria Island.
The requirements are:
- Valid International passport
- Completed visa application form with two passport photographs
- Yellow fever vaccination card
- Letter of admission
- Proof of sufficient funds (i.e Sponsors bank statement and any other support document in this case)
- Proof of registered health insurance scheme in SA
- Medical and radiological (x- ray) report from any govt hospital in Nigeria
- Visa application fees
- HESA evaluation certificate (Since you are pursuing undergraduate studies)
- Evidence of arrangements made regarding accommodation during study
- Letter of introduction from sponsor indicating his/her relationship to you, readiness to sponsor your academic pursuit and his/ her work status.

The sponsor need not be a direct relative.

You can visit the embassy for further clarifications just in case there might be any addition to the requirements stated above. All the best.
samhest:
Hello nairalanders, its great to be on this forum.please when can I apply for undergraduate study permit at SA embassy in Lagos. I got an admission letter from UJ today.
Lastly, pls does the sponsor has to be direct relative or anyone would do. Thanks for your kind responses

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kazytoti: 12:25am On Aug 29, 2015
PLEASE HOW MUCH IS SOUTH AFRICA VISA FEE FOR VISITOR
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 3:20am On Aug 29, 2015
N20,600.00
kazytoti:
PLEASE HOW MUCH IS SOUTH AFRICA VISA FEE FOR VISITOR
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kehnyshavin: 10:52pm On Aug 29, 2015
Pls sovpounds, yinksobs002 and gurus in the house. I would like to apply for my masters in south Africa cos I heard postgraduate studies in schools like DUT is free. I went to DUT site and I didn't see something with respect to that on the site. I know of saqa and everything with respect to evaluation. I just need clarification on whether DUT or any other school is turion free. Thanks in advance gurus
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sovpounds(m): 12:04am On Aug 30, 2015
I'm sorry I dont know anything about student visas to South Africa. I only know a bit about visitors visa to South Africa.

Kehnyshavin:
Pls sovpounds, yinksobs002 and gurus in the house. I would like to apply for my masters in south Africa cos I heard postgraduate studies in schools like DUT is free. I went to DUT site and I didn't see something with respect to that on the site. I know of saqa and everything with respect to evaluation. I just need clarification on whether DUT or any other school is turion free. Thanks in advance gurus
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sovpounds(m): 12:09am On Aug 30, 2015
Its slightly higher, I paid 20,750 naira on Friday, August 28 at VFS in Lekki.

Breakdown; visa fee 8,600 naira and VFS service fee 12,150.

yinksob002:
N20,600.00
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 6:51am On Aug 30, 2015
OK.
sovpounds:
Its slightly higher, I paid 20,750 naira on Friday, August 28 at VFS in Lekki.

Breakdown; visa fee 8,600 naira and VFS service fee 12,150.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bigolly(m): 7:41am On Aug 30, 2015
pls how do one get that yellow card for south african visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tariy: 8:04am On Aug 30, 2015
Bigolly:
pls how do one get that yellow card for south african visa
You can get it Nigerian port health by international airport toll gate for #1000 only....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kehnyshavin: 9:44am On Aug 30, 2015
Sovpounds and yinksob002, I asked if it's true DUT and some schools in south Africa are tuition free for postgraduate study. That's what I would like to find out pls. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kehnyshavin: 9:57am On Aug 30, 2015
yinksob002:
OK.
Boos, please I need to know the truth or otherwise in weda schools in south Africa are tuition free for postgraduate studies, pls
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kehnyshavin: 12:26pm On Aug 30, 2015
bisi16:

u sent me a mail request. how can i help?
Good day Mr. @bisi16 would like to verify the truth or otherwise in the statement that postgraduate studies in some south African universities are tuition free. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 2:56pm On Aug 30, 2015
Kehnyshavin:
Sovpounds and yinksob002, I asked if it's true DUT and some schools in south Africa are tuition free for postgraduate study. That's what I would like to find out pls. Thanks
Yes. There is a two and three years scholarship for Masters and Doctoral students respectively but you must be ready to publish at least one journal paper and present conference papers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kazzonline: 4:05pm On Aug 30, 2015
sovpounds:
I'm sorry I dont know anything about student visas to South Africa. I only know a bit about visitors visa to South Africa.

Hello bro about visiting visa,is it true one is expected tp use just 2 weeks out of the 3 month approved,even if singlor mulitple entry?
Am confused cos most people on visiting visa don pass 2 yrs and dem nor gree come back
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kazzonline: 4:09pm On Aug 30, 2015
Is it advisable for a graduate to move to south africa in search of greener pastures on visitation visa? Are there jobs that one can use to sustain?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kazzonline: 4:11pm On Aug 30, 2015
Mk una nor vex ooo,i am confused about travelling procedures na why,na my first time

Also enquires about doing masters in south african schools,what wud it involve and likely estimated cost,wud i be allowed to work along wf my studies??

Pls help need on all questions above as well
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by SisterCaro(m): 6:03pm On Aug 30, 2015
samhest:
visit the vfsglobal website and check for study visa requirements in SA. You sponsor i think can be anyone provided that the person has sufficient funds and they agree in writing that there are responsible for your upkeep during your studies in SA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by SisterCaro(m): 6:06pm On Aug 30, 2015
yinksob002:
For study permit, you apply directly at the South African embassy in November provided your admission is for 2016 academic year. The address is 24, Molade Okoya- Thomas street, Victoria Island.
The requirements are:
- Valid International passport
- Completed visa application form with two passport photographs
- Yellow fever vaccination card
- Letter of admission
- Proof of sufficient funds (i.e Sponsors bank statement and any other support document in this case)
- Proof of registered health insurance scheme in SA
- Medical and radiological (x- ray) report from any govt hospital in Nigeria
- Visa application fees
- HESA evaluation certificate (Since you are pursuing undergraduate studies)
- Evidence of arrangements made regarding accommodation during study
- Letter of introduction from sponsor indicating his/her relationship to you, readiness to sponsor your academic pursuit and his/ her work status.

The sponsor need not be a direct relative.

You can visit the embassy for further clarifications just in case there might be any addition to the requirements stated above. All the best.

Including a copy of an unbridged birth certificate and police clearance if this is the new study visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by SisterCaro(m): 6:10pm On Aug 30, 2015
kazzonline:
Mk una nor vex ooo,i am confused about travelling procedures na why,na my first time

Also enquires about doing masters in south african schools,what wud it involve and likely estimated cost,wud i be allowed to work along wf my studies??

Pls help need on all questions above as well
Costs can only be determined depending on the degree you want to do and where you want to do it. You will have to give a little more information on that.
I am not too sure about being allowed to work given that you are West African but i know that foreign students from East and Southern Africa are allowed to work at most 20hrs a week.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by SisterCaro(m): 6:11pm On Aug 30, 2015
kazzonline:
Is it advisable for a graduate to move to south africa in search of greener pastures on visitation visa? Are there jobs that one can use to sustain?
many have suffered doing this i would advice you to use a study visa, do a postgrad degree in SA then look for a job after that.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 6:53pm On Aug 30, 2015
Shine1177:

Check page 157 someone just got CS visa. I know he has only HND (Mech. Eng.) and he got a 5 year Critical Skill visa in Lagos. I don't think Phd is the only criteria. That guy was given a Technician grade which is below what will be given a Master/Phd holder. #MyThought

there are skills/occupations/qualifications listed on the critical skills list that if one falls within the category he or she is eligible to apply for the critical skills visa..

to explain the technician grad stuff, nigerian universities are not signatories to the Washington and syndey accord, so if you want to be a member of engineering councils in for example south africa or new zealand with your nigerian b.eng, meng or phd, you will be registered as a technician instead of an engineer. so with the registration, the CSV will be written "to work as a ......... technican"

one can upgrade by studying in that country and then apply for a review when done
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 8:01pm On Aug 30, 2015
sultan003:

there are skills/occupations/qualifications listed on the critical skills list that if one falls within the category he or she is eligible to apply for the critical skills visa..

to explain the technician grad stuff, nigerian universities are not signatories to the Washington and syndey accord, so if you want to be a member of engineering councils in for example south africa or new zealand with your nigerian b.eng, meng or phd, you will be registered as a technician instead of an engineer. so with the registration, the CSV will be written "to work as a ......... technican"

one can upgrade by studying in that country and then apply for a review when done
Thanks, Sultan003. I'm about registering with ECSA while my SAIEE student member registration should be approve on 15/09. Do you think i can use SAIEE student member to apply for CS Visa? For ECSA, I intend to apply as Candidate Technologist then upgrade after my program at DUT, but considering your input, it seems i will have to go for Candidate Technician now.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kehnyshavin: 8:16pm On Aug 30, 2015
Shine1177:

Yes. There is a two and three years scholarship for Masters and Doctoral students respectively but you must be ready to publish at least one journal paper and present conference papers.
Please what are the processes and modalities involved in enjoying said scholarship? A reply would be most appreciated

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.