Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,677 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1729883 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 5:49pm On Sep 12, 2015
cutieme:
do u still need to apply at SAQA for your documents to be evaluated for critical visa too?
YES U NEED SAQA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cutieme(m): 5:52pm On Sep 12, 2015
femiaction:
YES U NEED SAQA
so what are the documents to submit to be evaluated for a critical visa ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 6:00pm On Sep 12, 2015
No finger print is required for SA visa application at VFS.
liv123:
Please house are they taken taken finger print at Vfs

Please let some one help me
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 6:00pm On Sep 12, 2015
Anvicola:
pls bro, how did you go about it. What and what do i need . I'm actually a novist pls kindly put me through cos i wanna move to SA ASAP. Tanx in anticipation
Hey Anvicola don't deceive yourself I told you what you need for critical skills work visa. You need SAQA and Proof of registration with professional body, proof of accommodation and others document from Nigeria.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 6:03pm On Sep 12, 2015
cutieme:
so what are the documents to submit to be evaluated for a critical visa ?
You need your transcripts from your school and your certificate Bsc/ HND. for SAQA evaluation. Then you have to register with professional body in SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cutieme(m): 6:18pm On Sep 12, 2015
femiaction:
You need your transcripts from your school and your certificate Bsc/ HND. for SAQA evaluation. Then you have to register with professional body in SA.
OK,thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by liv123: 6:44pm On Sep 12, 2015
Please oooooooo are they doing finger print are Vfs for the people applying for visa

Please some one should help me
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 6:50pm On Sep 12, 2015
Hello house, is true that before kids could be granted visa we should have secured school for them in SA? They are 3 and 1 and half years old respectively. And also concerning my own case, I was given admission for PhD in UCT but prefer to stay off-campus. Do I need to secure accommodation before applying for visa? Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2015
meagainstdem:
Hello house, is true that before kids could be granted visa we should have secured school for them in SA? They are 3 and 1 and half years old respectively. And also concerning my own case, I was given admission for PhD in UCT but prefer to stay off-campus. Do I need to secure accommodation before applying for visa? Thanks
You don't need to secure accommodation before visa application but u need to submit proof of accommodation(where u intend to stay doing your study) along with other relevant docs..Kids don't need to secure admission .Get your visa first then apply for the kids .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 8:23pm On Sep 13, 2015
samtol4:
You don't need to secure accommodation before visa application but u need to submit proof of accommodation(where u intend to stay doing your study) along with other relevant docs..Kids don't need to secure admission .Get your visa first then apply for the kids .
@ samto14,
Thank you. Just same thing someone told me bcs my wife also is going for MSC in d same school with me but we were told to secure our visas separately first b4 applying for the kids through their mother.But what of d section in the form that requires one to fill dependant?In short, I don't know how we wil go about d kids in terms of where to apply(bcs I learnt their own application venue is different),d amount and all other sundry issues. Thank you and sorry for bothering u.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 14, 2015
i need a copy of personal statement to south africa tourist... gbemisolaolaregun@yahoo.com
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by goodlife5659(m): 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2015
Good day everyone, I hope am not derailing the topic but what's the total cost of securing a visa to SA and most importantly what are the opportunities there street and other wise? Because I noticed too many people trop in south Africa but I want to be sure there's a future for one there before joining the visa processing, thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 10:35am On Sep 16, 2015
It depends on your purpose for travelling to SA. If you intend visiting, I will advise you just visit and come back to Naija. For studies, you stand a better chance of getting a job after studies but generally, SA is tough to be honest with you. My advice is that you have a clear plan of what you intend to do in SA before venturing into any form of application. I wish u the best.
goodlife5659:
Good day everyone, I hope am not derailing the topic but what's the total cost of securing a visa to SA and most importantly what are the opportunities there street and other wise? Because I noticed too many people trop in south Africa but I want to be sure there's a future for one there before joining the visa processing, thank you.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by trapezius: 3:42pm On Sep 16, 2015
Pls house, when can someone go to the SA Embassy in Abuja to apply for repatriation fee refund? And does my visa needs to expire before I can apply for the refund; my visa expires later ds year in December and I don't have any intent of travelling to SA on ds visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by shakz(m): 3:07pm On Sep 17, 2015
yinksob002:
It depends on your purpose for travelling to SA. If you intend visiting, I will advise you just visit and come back to Naija. For studies, you stand a better chance of getting a job after studies but generally, SA is tough to be honest with you. My advice is that you have a clear plan of what you intend to do in SA before venturing into any form of application. I wish u the best.
. Good day bro, I've been on this thread for quite some time since I gained admission to university of Pretoria. The funny thing is have been hearing so much about this SAQA but I gained admission without using it, when I got my admission letter from the school it was stated clearly my department and one other didn't require SAQA's evaluation. What I really want to know now is, when I'm applying for a visa should I still get the SAQA done before applying when it was stated in my admission letter that it isn't needed? Thanks bro
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:17pm On Sep 17, 2015
It is true that some schools don't request for SAQA before offering admission to students. However, it forms part of the requirements for SA visa application. Since it was expressly stated in your admission letter, you should be able to do so without SAQA.

To play safe, i will advise that you find time to visit the embassy to know if they can allow you to submit without it. That will save you from last minute stress and hassles.

All the best
shakz:
. Good day bro, I've been on this thread for quite some time since I gained admission to university of Pretoria. The funny thing is have been hearing so much about this SAQA but I gained admission without using it, when I got my admission letter from the school it was stated clearly my department and one other didn't require SAQA's evaluation. What I really want to know now is, when I'm applying for a visa should I still get the SAQA done before applying when it was stated in my admission letter that it isn't needed? Thanks bro
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by shakz(m): 10:52pm On Sep 17, 2015
yinksob002:
It is true that some schools don't request for SAQA before offering admission to students. However, it forms part of the requirements for SA visa application. Since it was expressly stated in your admission letter, you should be able to do so without SAQA.

To play safe, i will advise that you find time to visit the embassy to know if they can allow you to submit without it. That will save you from last minute stress and hassles.

All the best
. Thanks a lot, really and truly appreciate.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by deolama: 8:22am On Sep 18, 2015
Please which medical aid is better in momentum and compare. I need to pay today. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 8:52pm On Sep 18, 2015
deolama:
Please which medical aid is better in momentum and compare. I need to pay today. Thanks

Momentum is just it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 9:55pm On Sep 18, 2015
Momentum is better
deolama:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 19, 2015
yinksob002:
Momentum is better

Gentlemen, i really appreciate the response(s) provided so far with respect to study visa........can someone assist for PhD application at UCT.

I need some clarifications:

- police clearance certificate: can one obtain this from any police station? cost?
- medical and radiological reports: where can one get this report? Any local hospital? Cost?
- proof of medical cover with a medical scheme/ medical insurance : are there notable ones in Nigeria and what is the cost?
- sufficient financial means: how much is expected for a single person
- payment of deposit: how can one obtain a letter from the Nigeria Government?
- study visa fee: what is the cost?
- visa: what is expected in duration i.e 1, 2, 3 or 4-5years?
- application timelines: how long does this take to be finalised?

cc: meagainstdem
cc: justwise ( good day Chief)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by deolama: 6:38am On Sep 20, 2015
yinksob002:
Momentum is better

Pardon me asking, how is momentum better. just want to know.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:32am On Sep 20, 2015
It is the most recognised HMO in South Africa and has a long standing reputation as far as medical scheme in SA is concerned. Other health schemes are equally good too but Momentum takes the lead.
deolama:

Pardon me asking, how is momentum better. just want to know.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:51am On Sep 20, 2015
Keneking:

Gentlemen, i really appreciate the response(s) provided so far with respect to study visa........can someone assist for PhD application at UCT.

I need some clarifications:

- police clearance certificate: can one obtain this from any police station? cost? - You can obtain it at the police station in Obalende close to the Nigerian Immigration Service. I did mine for N5,000 last yr.
- medical and radiological reports: where can one get this report? Any local hospital? Cost? - Visit any general hospital close to you (i.e The one at Gbagada or Ikeja if you live in Lagos). Am not sure of the current cost but just hold dome cash just in case)
- proof of medical cover with a medical scheme/ medical insurance : are there notable ones in Nigeria and what is the cost? - This should be done with a registered health scheme in SA. You can Google " Ingwe momentum" and get directions on how to go about it. Payment can be made using your debit card.
- sufficient financial means: how much is expected for a single person - This depends on your estimated cost of study and living in SA. A bal. of around N1.5 million with good turnover should be okay.
- payment of deposit: how can one obtain a letter from the Nigeria Government? - I don't get what you mean by letter from govt. Can you explain better.
- study visa fee: what is the cost? - Its approximately N11,000 or thereabout (Visa fee and bank charges)
- visa: what is expected in duration i.e 1, 2, 3 or 4-5years? - The visa duration for PHD is usually 3 years
- application timelines: how long does this take to be finalised? - it depends on the volume of applications at hand and how fast the consulars treat it. Let's say between 2 - 5 weeks.

Should you need further clarifications, you can revert.

All the best

cc: meagainstdem
cc: justwise ( good day Chief)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 20, 2015
[quote author=yinksob002 post=38189750][/quote]

Mean you are the best...abeg go Canal Walk (Mr Price shop), pick any jeans of your size, I pay when I conclude the process grin

- payment of deposit: the high commission demands repatriation deposits just in case or a letter of guarantee from your government. What is this deposit amount?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:04am On Sep 20, 2015
Now i get your point. Repatriation fee has been cancelled since last year April. Infact, i didn't have to pay a dime for repatriation when i did mine last yr. All the best bro.
Keneking:

Mean you are the best...abeg go Canal Walk (Mr Price shop), pick any jeans of your size, I pay when I conclude the process grin

- payment of deposit: the high commission demands repatriation deposits just in case or a letter of guarantee from your government. What is this deposit amount?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 20, 2015
yinksob002:
Now i get your point. Repatriation fee has been cancelled since last year April. Infact, i didn't have to pay a dime for repatriation when i did mine last yr. All the best bro.

Sai Yinksob002
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by globalresource: 12:06pm On Sep 20, 2015
Happy day to you. Pls I have a ward who wants to study medicine in South Africa. Do they admit Nigerians? And what is her chance of getting admitted? She has 8 distinctions. The reputable medical school over there. Though I have ever been do my own research on that, and anyone with firsthand knowledge should help pls.

And I won't mind recommendation to any other country with cheap but quality education. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 2:11pm On Sep 20, 2015
Keneking:

Sai Yinksob002

Pls someone should shed more light about payment to SA via debit cards. I'v had to pay charges tru my throat in recent times on every payment I make to SA, even when someone assisted in paying for me over there. I'm tired of paying as high as 20K,10K, 17K charges for every transactions I make.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by trapezius: 4:43pm On Sep 21, 2015
trapezius:
Pls house, when can someone go to the SA Embassy in Abuja to apply for repatriation fee refund? And does my visa needs to expire before I can apply for the refund; my visa expires later ds year in December and I don't have any intent of travelling to SA on ds visa?

Someone should pls attend to my case...I don't want to travel all the way to abuja in futility and risking all for nothing. Pls someone who had applied for repatriation refund should pls help out.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
trapezius:

Someone should pls attend to my case...I don't want to travel all the way to abuja in futility and risking all for nothing. Pls someone who had applied for repatriation refund should pls help out.
You are free to collect your money while your visa has not expired.I know someone who got her money back and Visa expires 2016 .To be on safer side send someone in Abuja to verify the process of collection .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by simababe(f): 10:47pm On Sep 21, 2015
Pls my husband, myself and our 1yr old son want to apply for a tourist visa in south Africa. Please what are the procedures and is it true that we might have to bribe our way through in order to have our visas approved. We are going to j-burg for just 1week and would be lodging in an hotel. Pls I nid ur guidance. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.