Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727173 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2015
Hello house, I have a piece of advice for you, your family or any of you friends that is coming to South Africa. What happened to my family friend that is coming to visit me in Durban today from Nigeria. The hotel was booked through booking.com and he used his debit card. I called the hotel since Wednesday to confirm the booking and they confirmed it but d money was not deducted from his account. Even yesterday I called the hotel to remind them about their booking On getting to the O. R. Tambo International Airport the immigration officer called the hotel and the manager confirmed the booking but the money was not deducted. He was held for 3hours. I thank God for his favour upon their life. The immigration officer now called me and said I need to pay the money in order for him and his wife to be stamped in. I quickly rushed to the hotel and made the payment. The point there was if not God that used the immigration officer to be patient with them they would have send back to Nigeria. Please make sure that you pay for your hotel reservation. He said many Nigerian were sent back because of hotel reservation and yellow card. It's so painful to get to O. R. Tambo International Airport and send back to Nigeria because of hotel reservation and yellow card. I know many God fearing people on this section of Nairaland that can help to do the reservation and proof of residence for people that are coming to study in South Africa. Noting for mahala. (meaning its not free of charge) kosofe.com . Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:44am On Nov 30, 2015
Hey bros, trust u are doing good & thanks for the advice. That's why i advise my peeps to use Agoda.com because the deduction is made same day without any delay. Hope to see you when i visit Durban soon. Rgds
femiaction:
Hello house, I have a piece of advice for you, your family or any of you friends that is coming to South Africa. What happened to my family friend that is coming to visit me in Durban today from Nigeria. The hotel was booked through booking.com and he used his debit card. I called the hotel since Wednesday to confirm the booking and they confirmed it but d money was not deducted from his account. Even yesterday I called the hotel to remind them about their booking On getting to the O. R. Tambo International Airport the immigration officer called the hotel and the manager confirmed the booking but the money was not deducted. He was held for 3hours. I thank God for his favour upon their life. The immigration officer now called me and said I need to pay the money in order for him and his wife to be stamped in. I quickly rushed to the hotel and made the payment. The point there was if not God that used the immigration officer to be patient with them they would have send back to Nigeria. Please make sure that you pay for your hotel reservation. He said many Nigerian were sent back because of hotel reservation and yellow card. It's so painful to get to O. R. Tambo International Airport and send back to Nigeria because of hotel reservation and yellow card. I know many God fearing people on this section of Nairaland that can help to do the reservation and proof of residence for people that are coming to study in South Africa. Noting for mahala. (meaning its not free of charge) kosofe.com . Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TokyoBulls(m): 12:43pm On Nov 30, 2015
femiaction:
I hope we understand the issue here is not that they did not pay for their hotel prior to arrival at O. R. Tambo. I have travelled from Lagos to Johannesburg five times this year and never paid for my hotel prior to arrival at the hotel. The issue is that they used a THIRD PARTY to make the hotel reservation. Hotel reservations are allowed and you do not have to pay for it upfront. However, it must be done DIRECTLY with the hotel.

I have scanned and attached the official South African Visa Requirement for all to read and keep. This should answer all questions around the requirements. Look at No. 7 for hotel reservation.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lalabu(f): 5:13pm On Nov 30, 2015
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 30, 2015
lalabu:

Please what of Abuja VFS and if it is through agent is there any need of that 35k again before the visa comes out in the next 3 days?because my agent wants to collect 160k and he's not promising 3 days sef and I need the visa urgently like second week in dec

Report that agent to EFCC with alacrity!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lalabu(f): 6:30pm On Nov 30, 2015
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 30, 2015
lalabu:

Lol,I will asap

na joke I dey abeg o

ip za agent can deliber balue for money, who za hell am I to fut sand sand por him garri??

state your specific demands for speed and let him name his price. if you fit pay, all na part of the hustle!

yua hear me ko??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TokyoBulls(m): 1:37am On Dec 01, 2015
lalabu:

Please what of Abuja VFS and if it is through agent is there any need of that 35k again before the visa comes out in the next 3 days?because my agent wants to collect 160k and he's not promising 3 days sef and I need the visa urgently like second week in dec
There's no reason to pay 160K to agents. Apply normally and request for express service if you need the visa urgently. You do not need any agents to process visas. The requirements are there and you can arrange your documents yourself.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by princebaby(m): 7:26am On Dec 01, 2015
TokyoBulls:

There are several stylists in SA, but I do not think it should be hard to find a job in a salon with good experience. However, you must ensure you stay in a big city with opportunities and your papers are right. Do not go on a tourist visa of 3 months and stay put. You need work permit and residence permit.
how much will that cost me pls any idea
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 7:57am On Dec 02, 2015
omidoyinjoshua:
Hello house

I was the one who notified the room of my admission to UKZN for LLM degree in Law, I have gotten all the necessary requirements for visa application EXCEPT for the proof of residence. Please I need an urgent help from anyone who stays in Durban to assist me with the letter of accommodation.... I don't have the plan of staying with the person AT ALL, I've been trying to make some private arrangements on where I'll stay, but for the purpose of visa application, kindly help with a Letter of Accommodation.

Most grateful for the assistance.

when I processed mine years ago, stellenbosch sent me a letter of accommodation that I used for visa processing. maybe ukzn can help? otherwise make private arrangements
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by moneyhungry(m): 9:18am On Dec 02, 2015
princebaby:
As a hair babar hw hard is it to find job in sa? Pls any idea?
Guy, listen to me: NO TRY AM!.
That money you'd spend on traveling should be used to invest in your hair saloon business.
Lots of nigerians are here, living from hand to mouth because they never planned or listened.
If you don't have a good science degree, hot-in-demand skill or capital for business (at least 800k), don't think about coming to SA. If you do then be ready to live on peanuts or sell drugs (under a boss and earn b/w 3-5k rand) while you risk your life and/or going to prison.
Take it from a guy who knows the legal and street side of surviving in SA.
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by moneyhungry(m): 9:31am On Dec 02, 2015
TokyoBulls:

I hope we understand the issue here is not that they did not pay for their hotel prior to arrival at O. R. Tambo. I have travelled from Lagos to Johannesburg five times this year and never paid for my hotel prior to arrival at the hotel. The issue is that they used a THIRD PARTY to make the hotel reservation. Hotel reservations are allowed and you do not have to pay for it upfront. However, it must be done DIRECTLY with the hotel.

I have scanned and attached the official South African Visa Requirement for all to read and keep. This should answer all questions around the requirements. Look at No. 7 for hotel reservation.
Bro don't confuse things.
If you got in 5 times without paying any deposit, I'd say you're lucky.
House, I'd advise you book directly with the hotel and pay at least 2/3 days fee upfront as deposit.
If the hotel management is called and it is discovered that you didn't pay any deposit, you're very likely to be deported (90% chance). I've seen lots peeps deported because of this.
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 02, 2015
in hausa they would say, moneyhungry ka chi gaba ka geya ma su!

in ibo they would say, moneyhungry gwa kwa ha ka ha nu!

in yoruba they would say, ehmmm...well, I no sabi yoruba.

moneyhungry, tell dem oooo! I like it when we're not mincing words. cos sometimes some assume it to be hostility.

just imagine, person wan go SA go turn barber. wat an ignoramus!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by moneyhungry(m): 9:47am On Dec 02, 2015
brainbucks:
in hausa they would say, moneyhungry ka chi gaba!

in ibo they would say, moneyhungry gwa kwa ha ka ha nu!

in yoruba they would say, ehmmm...well, I no sabi yoruba.

moneyhungry, tell dem oooo! I like it when we're not mincing words. cos sometimes some assume it to be hostility.

just imagine, person wan go SA go turn barber. wat an ignoramus!!
Hahaha! Brother the thing tire me o. People would never listen.
The other day I dey inside resturant dey eat, one naija guy beg me to please remain food for him say him never eat since morning. I just had pity and bought him a plate.
Some of them I see them and wonder how they could afford a flight ticket to SA.
There are lots of rich nigerians in SA but they didn't just pick money on d streets, they had to plan, work hard and/or take huge risk.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lucky4real28(m): 2:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
Hello house, please I need advice, I applied for South Africa visa and passport is now ready for collection,been there since last week Friday, the problem now is that I have lost the slip am suppose to get the passport with, it was in my wallet that got snatched 2 weeks ago.. How do I get the passport back? Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 02, 2015
Lucky4real28:
Hello house, please I need advice, I applied for South Africa visa and passport is now ready for collection,been there since last week Friday, the problem now is that I have lost the slip am suppose to get the passport with, it was in my wallet that got snatched 2 weeks ago.. How do I get the passport back? Thanks

Just go to VFS and explain to them. I'm sure you're not the first person to have found yourself in this predicament. I imagine that since it's your passport and you won't be wearing a mask, they'll verify and set you on your way.

But, if it comes to it, you could always cut out and mortgage just a quarter of your left ball to convince them you're forreal lol

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lucky4real28(m): 3:11pm On Dec 02, 2015
brainbucks:

Just go to VFS and explain to them. I'm sure you're not the first person to have found yourself in this predicament. I imagine that since it's your passport and you won't be wearing a mask, they'll verify and set you on your way.

But, if it comes to it, you could always cut out and mortgage just a quarter of your left ball to convince them you're forreal lol
lol, well thanks I will just go there tomorrow to get it
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 12:05pm On Dec 03, 2015
Good day house,

Please I would like to know what it will take an engineering graduate to obtain Critical Skills work permit in SA.I was hinted by a few friends in SA that engineers are highly sought for in SA, don't know how true.

My Bachelors degree is in Electrical Engineering and I have about 2 years work experience.

Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 03, 2015
Emasel:
Good day house,

Please I would like to know what it will take an engineering graduate to obtain Critical Skills work permit in SA.I was hinted by a few friends in SA that engineers are highly sought for in SA, don't know how true.

My Bachelors degree is in Electrical Engineering and I have about 2 years work experience.

Thanks.

Study to PhD level, preferably in SA, and it's GUARANTEED.

Otherwise, get an employer to get you. Almost hopeless, as any employer would have to prove that there's absolutely no South African alive who can take the place you're attempting to occupy.

Again, almost hopeless. Almost. But determination can push you to try and exploit that very tiny iota of hope that's left.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lucky4real28(m): 11:30pm On Dec 04, 2015
brainbucks:

just for those with same issue or might have same issue,i was asked to go swear an affidavit and then a police report which I did and that was all, got back my passport with the visa on it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aspenjnr: 7:26am On Dec 05, 2015
Lucky4real28:
just for those with same issue or might have same issue,i was asked to go swear an affidavit and then a police report which I did and that was all, got back my passport with the visa on it.
congrat bro how many month and please where did u book your hotel reservation and also please list the document u submitted
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lucky4real28(m): 12:35pm On Dec 05, 2015
aspenjnr:
congrat bro how many month and please where did u book your hotel reservation and also please list the document u submitted
documents I submitted are statement of account, letter of introduction from my company, letter of leave approve from my company, personal letter of introduction..salary pay slip, hotel booking and flight booking from wakanow unpaid, I booked directly from hotel, but it was book on hold, can't remember name of hotel now.. I got 3 months single entry.. Took 10 working days for processing till collection stage. Good luck
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 8:06pm On Dec 05, 2015
Hello houe. Pls I need advice on one issue. I hold a passport that is due to expire in 2018 while I'm going for a study that will last for 3 years, commencing in january 2016. I read an instruction that an applicant must have a passport having 30 days validity after one's stay. How do I do this? Because immigration told me they don't renew passport until it expires. Thanks the experienced fellows.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:05am On Dec 06, 2015
It's no big deal. Just go ahead and apply for your study permit. It doesn't affect you in anyway even if your permit is issued for 3 years. All you need do is renew your passport upon expiry in 2018 and attach the one with the permit to it. All the best
meagainstdem:
Hello houe. Pls I need advice on one issue. I hold a passport that is due to expire in 2018 while I'm going for a study that will last for 3 years, commencing in january 2016. I read an instruction that an applicant must have a passport having 30 days validity after one's stay. How do I do this? Because immigration told me they don't renew passport until it expires. Thanks the experienced fellows.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 7:28am On Dec 06, 2015
meagainstdem:
you are likely to be given 2years just like my case. My study permit expires 31st of December, 2015 while my passport will expire by March 2016. I just renewed my passport now and will be going to Abuja on Monday to extend my visa to cover for next year, and my graduation in 2017.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 7:35am On Dec 06, 2015
Hello house, I need information on which day of the week I can apply for refund of my repatriation fee at Abuja Embassy. 110k is too much to forget. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 10:09am On Dec 06, 2015
@ yinksob002 and chemashie. Thanks. Noted
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 06, 2015
Bro what is the chance of one who studied a science oriented course in the uni but came out with 3rd ,what is the chance of such one getting a teaching job in SA.Mind u,the can teach too,thanks@moneyhungry
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 06, 2015
Lucky4real28:

that would make perfect sense. I concur.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 1:58pm On Dec 06, 2015
House please, where can one obtain yellow fever card and police report fast? Also, I learnt there is timetable for visa application in Lagos and how much in total does the visa processing cost? Thanks a lot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.