Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,457 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1734510 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ofon15: 6:23pm On Nov 23, 2015
samtol4:
send pm to me if you still need the proof of residence for visa . I can't display the number of my friend in cape here
ok,just sent an email alert to u.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lawyer2011: 8:26pm On Nov 23, 2015
Mekurexx:
Okay just did that. There was no email in the Form 19 but I got it online. I mailed them will call them tomorrow (a south african number). any idea where I can get a nigerian number to call them? thanks for the help and tips
The appeal is processed in SA so you have no need for a Nigerian number. The following documents must be submitted:

1. Written representation- stating why you overstayed
2. A copy of the declaration of undesirability (form 19) that was issued at the Port of Entry in SA
3. Copy of the relevant pages of the passport, including bio page

If the applicant overstayed due to medical reasons a medical certificated must be submitted.
The appeal must be e-mailed to: Overstayappeals@dha.gov.za

For confirmation that the appeal has been received applicants may contact IMS Deportations at +27124064985

Peace.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adebayo111: 5:30am On Nov 24, 2015
Pls house, BTA to south africa is how much and also ticket
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TokyoBulls(m): 12:35am On Nov 25, 2015
adebayo111:
Pls house, BTA to south africa is how much and also ticket

Ticket depends on the airline but it's usually around N120,000. You can use South African Airways, Arik or Kenyan Airways (connecting flight through Nairobi), but from experience, the best is SAA. BTA is about $500 (or equivalent in ZAR) but most times the immigration guys do not ask.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Internetboy: 8:17am On Nov 25, 2015
I wish to know if there are Visa application centre in PH or anywhere in South East.Must i travel to Lagos or Abuja to submit my SA visa application.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by godownson: 10:14am On Nov 25, 2015
TokyoBulls:

Ticket depends on the airline but it's usually around N120,000. You can use South African Airways, Arik or Kenyan Airways (connecting flight through Nairobi), but from experience, the best is SAA. BTA is about $500 (or equivalent in ZAR) but most times the immigration guys do not ask.
Do you mean naija immigration or south african immigration?.
What if a traveler decides to carry a debit card with enough funds in it instead of cash (as BTA), will the immigration be okay with that?.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by holytribe(m): 12:45pm On Nov 25, 2015
Plz I like to know about SA visa requirements for tourist. Thanks as I await response
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 1:41pm On Nov 25, 2015
From experience, i can tell you that first timers to SA are sometimes subjected to harassment by immigration officials in Naija just to make u settle them with some cash. Hence, i will advise that you still hold some cash as proof of funds in addition to the debit card just to avoid their wahala and be very confident & smart. No matter what, don't give them a dime. However, you will not be subjected to any form of harassment in SA provided you have a valid hotel booking or other arrangements for accommodation. All the best
godownson:

What if a traveler decides to carry a debit card with enough funds in it instead of cash (as BTA), will the immigration be okay with that?.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by godownson: 1:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
yinksob002:
From experience, i can tell you that first timers to SA are sometimes subjected to harassment by immigration officials in Naija just to make u settle them with some cash. Hence, i will advise that you still hold some cash in addition to the debit card just to avoid their wahala and be very confident & smart. However, you will not be subjected to any form of harassment in SA provided you have a valid hotel booking or other arrangements for accommodation. All the best
Very insightful. Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TokyoBulls(m): 3:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
Internetboy:
I wish to know if there are Visa application centre in PH or anywhere in South East.Must i travel to Lagos or Abuja to submit my SA visa application.

SA Visas are processed only in Lagos and Abuja.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TokyoBulls(m): 3:11pm On Nov 25, 2015
godownson:

By law, you are required to carry the cash because there is no way immigration will be able to ascertain that there is money on your debit or credit card. If you have up to $500 or its equivalent in rands, I believe you'll be fine. I have visited SA 4 times in the last one year and I always prefer to change Naira to Rands at the aiport and back to Naira when I return. Converting from Naira to Dollars and then Dollars to Rands and doing same on return will make you lose money. Withdrawals from ATMs in SA will also make you lose money to taxes and HEAVY bank charges.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 5:38pm On Nov 25, 2015
Yes, there is. It was opened in May 2015. The address is Vineyard Shopping centre, 88, Woji road, GRA, Port Harcourt. Kindly note that it will cost u a lot to submit through the application centre over there (i.e N40,700) compared to what obtains in Lagos and Abuja. All the best
Internetboy:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:24pm On Nov 25, 2015
This question has been answered in previous threads. Kindly check 169 for more info.
holytribe:
Plz I like to know about SA visa requirements for tourist. Thanks as I await response
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Internetboy: 6:48am On Nov 26, 2015
yinksob002:
Yes, there is. It was opened in May 2015. The address is Vineyard Shopping centre, 88, Woji road, GRA, Port Harcourt. Kindly note that it will cost u a lot to submit through the application centre over there (i.e N40,700) compared to what obtains in Lagos and Abuja. All the best

God bless for this info.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Internetboy: 7:01am On Nov 26, 2015
@Yinksob002,one more question,can I waybill the Visa requirements to my sis in Abj to submit it to SA VISA APPLICATION CENTRE IN ABJ on my behalf.If this is possible pls let me know.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by godownson: 8:18am On Nov 26, 2015
TokyoBulls:

By law, you are required to carry the cash because there is no way immigration will be able to ascertain that there is money on your debit or credit card. If you have up to $500 or its equivalent in rands, I believe you'll be fine. I have visited SA 4 times in the last one year and I always prefer to change Naira to Rands at the aiport and back to Naira when I return. Converting from Naira to Dollars and then Dollars to Rands and doing same on return will make you lose money. Withdrawals from ATMs in SA will also make you lose money to taxes and HEAVY bank charges.
Great idea. Thanks bro.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 12:05pm On Nov 26, 2015
I am not really sure if that is possible. However, you can ask her to help u find out since she is in Abuja. All the best bro.
Internetboy:
@Yinksob002,one more question,can I waybill the Visa requirements to my sis in Abj to submit it to SA VISA APPLICATION CENTRE IN ABJ on my behalf.If this is possible pls let me know.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by zico70: 1:55pm On Nov 26, 2015
Hello house,anyone applied for SA tourist visa in abuja this Monday or this week.If yes your experience is kindly needed.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TokyoBulls(m): 6:28pm On Nov 26, 2015
yinksob002:
I am not really sure if that is possible. However, you can ask her to help u find out since she is in Abuja. All the best bro.

This is not advisable. It is better to be there in person.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TokyoBulls(m): 6:36pm On Nov 26, 2015
VFS Lagos has now officially introduced Accelerated Processing Service and they charge N35,000 per application such that it takes only 3 working days and the processed application is back at VFS or sent to the applicant via UPS. This what what some of us used to enjoy free of charge by ensuring all documents are correct and by being friendly with those guys. Chei!!! N35,000

Also, they have also introduced Delivery Service pan Nigeria - N2,650 for Lagos. I have a feeling that this will become compulsory in the future. VFS definitely wants to make more money and possibly (note that I said possibly) the number of applicants is reducing and they need new initiatives to make more money.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by zico70: 9:30pm On Nov 26, 2015
Na wa ooo,vfs centre for abuja is just so scanty wey be say people wey come submit doc is very few.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 11:08pm On Nov 27, 2015
Hello house. I wouldn't have had any issue wit my visa application if not for my wife and two kids. I'm going to UCT for my PhD on federal government scholarship while my wife is going for her MSc on my bills, both to start by Jan. 2015. I work wit a federal govt. Institution. Please can someone enlighten us on the best way to go about our visa application? i.e myself,wife and d 2 kids. My concern is that someone told me that we will attach evidence of securing school for the kids along with our application. How true? This and other sundry issues will be highly appreciated if solved for us please. Thanks in advance.

I don't know why people are not responding to my enquiries. I think I should look elsewhere if this avenue doesn't work for me.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:05am On Nov 28, 2015
meagainstdem:
Hello house. I wouldn't have had any issue wit my visa application if not for my wife and two kids. I'm going to UCT for my PhD on federal government scholarship while my wife is going for her MSc on my bills, both to start by Jan. 2015. I work wit a federal govt. Institution. Please can someone enlighten us on the best way to go about our visa application? i.e myself,wife and d 2 kids. My concern is that someone told me that we will attach evidence of securing school for the kids along with our application. How true? This and other sundry issues will be highly appreciated if solved for us please. Thanks in advance.

I don't know why people are not responding to my enquiries. I think I should look elsewhere if this avenue doesn't work for me.

noo oh sit tight and keep waiting
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by boja28(m): 7:48pm On Nov 28, 2015
Pls who knows when the SA VFS Centre is closing for the year 2015?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Jazzlite: 2:55am On Nov 29, 2015
meagainstdem:

Please answer this question peeps
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by princebaby(m): 7:20am On Nov 29, 2015
As a hair babar hw hard is it to find job in sa? Pls any idea?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TokyoBulls(m): 11:04am On Nov 29, 2015
meagainstdem:

You do not have a lot of issues but I see a lot of slow or no action on your part. What you and your wife need are study visas for PhD and MSc and both are processed at the RSA embassies in Lagos and Abuja. If your kids are minors, they can accompany you to RSA as dependants and you do not need to get a school for them yet (by law). However, getting a school for your kids is not difficult so do not make it look like a mountain that wants to eat you up. You are being a bit slow in my opinion. For your MSc and PhD applications, you need more than a month to process study visas and your resumption is January. Get your acts together and submit the application.

For your wife, you need to convince the embassy that you are able to pay the bills for the family AND her education bills. Therefore, your application will have to reflect sufficient funds to take care of a family of 4 (Assumption: 2 kids, your wife and you) and pay tuition for MSc for your wife. In case you do not have sufficient funds for this, you need to get your wife and kids to come to you as dependants and your sponsor need to show they will be responsible for funding. You can then start your PhD first and your wife can start her MSc later.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TokyoBulls(m): 11:06am On Nov 29, 2015
princebaby:
As a hair babar hw hard is it to find job in sa? Pls any idea?
There are several stylists in SA, but I do not think it should be hard to find a job in a salon with good experience. However, you must ensure you stay in a big city with opportunities and your papers are right. Do not go on a tourist visa of 3 months and stay put. You need work permit and residence permit.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 11:10am On Nov 29, 2015
[url][/url][quote author=TokyoBulls post=40512858]

You do not have a lot of issues but I see a lot of slow or no action on your part. What you and your wife need are study visas for PhD and MSc and both are processed at the RSA embassies in Lagos and Abuja. If your kids are minors, they can accompany you to RSA as dependants and you do not need to get a school for them yet (by law). However, getting a school for your kids is not difficult so do not make it look like a mountain that wants to eat you up. You are being a bit slow in my opinion. For your MSc and PhD applications, you need more than a month to process study visas and your resumption is January. Get your acts together and submit the application.

For your wife, you need to convince the embassy that you are able to pay the bills for the family AND her education bills. Therefore, your application will have to reflect sufficient funds to take care of a family of 4 (Assumption: 2 kids, your wife and you) and pay tuition for MSc for your wife. In case you do not have sufficient funds for this, you need to get your wife and kids to come to you as dependants and your sponsor need to show they will be responsible for funding. You can then start your PhD first and your wife can start her MSc later.

Thank you TokyoBulls. The kids are actually minors. 2 and half years and 1 year 4 months old. The resumption is actually first week in february. I'm going for study leave with pay while she's going without pay. I didn't mean to be too slow about it if not for the final funding approval from abuja that is still pending. It was a friend that advised that I apply for mine alone first and about 2 weeks after to apply for my wife's with the same account I used for mine and the kids as her dependant. I think he said this so that d evidence of sufficient fund can be re-used and convincing. If my approval doesn't arrive by december ending, we might have to defer our admissions. I only want to block all loopholes for disqualification because I heard SA embassy is a little strict, most especially to Nigerians. Thanks once again
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TokyoBulls(m): 2:50pm On Nov 29, 2015
meagainstdem:
[url][/url]
Another possible scenario is that your wife applies with your statement of account with the kids (I hope they will take them as her dependants since she is also a dependant on you) so that she can start processing her application before yours is approved. Yours appear much easier.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by omidoyinjoshua: 3:32pm On Nov 29, 2015
Hello house

I was the one who notified the room of my admission to UKZN for LLM degree in Law, I have gotten all the necessary requirements for visa application EXCEPT for the proof of residence. Please I need an urgent help from anyone who stays in Durban to assist me with the letter of accommodation.... I don't have the plan of staying with the person AT ALL, I've been trying to make some private arrangements on where I'll stay, but for the purpose of visa application, kindly help with a Letter of Accommodation.

Most grateful for the assistance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: dozieinspired and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.