Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,310 members, 7,829,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1741712 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 5:22am On Jan 20, 2016
meagainstdem:
I was told at d embassy to get accompanying visa for my kids at vfs. We their parents are going for study. Pls I need someone to reel out how to go about this again. Does it mean we will travel and leave them behind to come pick them later bcs presently all of us now have different dates of visa application. Confused again. The eldest is 3 years plus. Thanks
Morning brother, You have to get your study permit first before you can apply for your kids at vsf. Then conditions is not hard its the copy of your permit and all others documents
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by roblance: 6:15am On Jan 20, 2016
sugarvallly:
please guys can you enlighten me on
steps and the requirement of getting a SA visa and the amount that will be in my account?

visit or student visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 12:54pm On Jan 20, 2016
[quote author=femiaction post=42145433] Morning brother, You have to get your study permit first before you can apply for your kids at vsf. Then conditions is not hard its the copy of your permit and all others documents.

Ok. Thanks bro.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Growingboi(m): 3:27am On Jan 21, 2016
Hello Sultan003 and the entire NL, i have some questions bothering me on the ECSA registration. i hold a Btech from a SA uni, from all the info gather so far i understand am to apply for a professional engineering tech haven been working for four years plus with a multinational coy in manufacturing sector in Nigeria.

Do I need to be in SA again before i can apply? if NO how do i start the registration in Nigeria
Can a referee with COREN/NSE be considered in place of Registered ECSA?

Thank you for the anticipated response.

Cc: femiaction
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 7:43am On Jan 21, 2016
Growingboi:
Hello Sultan003 and the entire NL, i have some questions bothering me on the ECSA registration. i hold a Btech from a SA uni, from all the info gather so far i understand am to apply for a professional engineering tech haven been working for four years plus with a multinational coy in manufacturing sector in Nigeria.

Do I need to be in SA again before i can apply? if NO how do i start the registration in Nigeria

No you don't need to be in SA to apply, except when they call you for an interview and all that.

yes, you are eligible to be registered as a PrEng Tech, especially if you are able to defend your work experience.

I think in the form it states that someone registeredin with ECSA must act as your referee, so it is better to follow that than gamble
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Growingboi(m): 9:57am On Jan 21, 2016
Thank you for the response.
As per d referee, I dont have up to three persons as ECSA registered member. During my thesis, the requirement of a mentor was also ECSA bt my mentor was a Nigerian with a COREN without ECSA n my thesis was well accepted, dat is d reason i asked the question.

How do I start the registration process from here? dont be angry for the disturbance o ejoorr!

sultan003:

No you don't need to be in SA to apply, except when they call you for an interview and all that.

yes, you are eligible to be registered as a PrEng Tech, especially if you are able to defend your work experience.

I think in the form it states that someone registeredin with ECSA must act as your referee, so it is better to follow that than gamble
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 12:24pm On Jan 21, 2016
Growingboi:
Thank you for the response.
As per d referee, I dont have up to three persons as ECSA registered member. During my thesis, the requirement of a mentor was also ECSA bt my mentor was a Nigerian with a COREN without ECSA n my thesis was well accepted, dat is d reason i asked the question.

How do I start the registration process from here? dont be angry for the disturbance o ejoorr!

then you can go with coren..... it just that at time ECSA can be difficult.....

just download the application forms and the requirements, when you are done completing, you can courier it to 2 Ernest Oppenheimer Ave, Bruma,
Johannesburg, 2198, South Africa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yansky(m): 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2016
staggerlee:

Please this is a faceless site, I wouldn't advise u to do business with anyone here, like I said have done it with CLOSE fam and friends

But please is there a withdrawal limit?!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 8:17pm On Jan 21, 2016
Hello house. I think I'm getn fed up wit ds issue of visa. As I posted here in december dat I was denied study visa bcs I went to vfs,I saw someone 2day at d embassy who came from Vfs to certify his visa for his wife's accompanying visa. He told me that he did his PhD visa at d same vsf under visitors permit on thursday last week,and by monday this week he was called to come pick up his visa and was given multiple entry. Same vfs that said they don't process study permit.
That apart, I was told at d embassy 2 weeks ago that I can add my two kids to my wife's study permit application at d embassy. On getting there 2day to submit my wife's application, they told her she has 2 options to add her kids:
1. Either as accompanying at the vfs. But in this case, the kids will not be able to attend school in SA.
2. Or to look for school for them and apply for study permit for them at d embassy.
For both options,we would have to wait for d outcome of our individual applications b4 this can be done. Presently, we don't have the time in our hands. Both of us should have resumed in our school but due to all these ambiguities.we travel to lagos almost every week,wasting money and risking lives bcs of incoherent information.
Please who can tell us the best way to go about this bcs we are planning to go again to lagos next week for d kids? Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 9:06pm On Jan 21, 2016
yansky:

But please is there a withdrawal limit?!
Yes, about 4,000 rands but if it is POS, its about 16000 rands daily
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 9:21pm On Jan 21, 2016
meagainstdem:
Hello house. I think I'm getn fed up wit ds issue of visa. As I posted here in december dat I was denied study visa bcs I went to vfs,I saw someone 2day at d embassy who came from Vfs to certify his visa for his wife's accompanying visa. He told me that he did his PhD visa at d same vsf under visitors permit on thursday last week,and by monday this week he was called to come pick up his visa and was given multiple entry. Same vfs that said they don't process study permit.
That apart, I was told at d embassy 2 weeks ago that I can add my two kids to my wife's study permit application at d embassy. On getting there 2day to submit my wife's application, they told her she has 2 options to add her kids:
1. Either as accompanying at the vfs. But in this case, the kids will not be able to attend school in SA.
2. Or to look for school for them and apply for study permit for them at d embassy.
For both options,we would have to wait for d outcome of our individual applications b4 this can be done. Presently, we don't have the time in our hands. Both of us should have resumed in our school but due to all these ambiguities.we travel to lagos almost every week,wasting money and risking lives bcs of incoherent information.
Please who can tell us the best way to go about this bcs we are planning to go again to lagos next week for d kids? Thanks.
Bros u are giving yourself head ache, just go to the embassy and apply for study visa, you and your wife should apply separately. When u guys get ur study visas, then go to vfs and apply for your kids, any other way is just luck or trial and error.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 10:21pm On Jan 21, 2016
[quote author=staggerlee post=42201261]
Bros u are giving yourself head ache, just go to the embassy and apply for study visa, you and your wife should apply separately. When u guys get ur study visas, then go to vfs and apply for your kids, any other way is just luck or trial and error.

Thanks bro. Meaning that we will apply for accompanying visa for them at d vfs? Will the visa given them qualify them to enrol in school? Thank u
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 4:38am On Jan 22, 2016
[quote author=meagainstdem post=42202968][/quote] My brother you don't have any problem but you are creating problems for yourself. I told you similar thing, get your study permit from embassy 1st then you will apply for your kids accompany visa at vsf. Simple truth. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 4:41am On Jan 22, 2016
[quote author=meagainstdem post=42202968][/quote]

No one checks the visa of a 3 year old before he or she is enrolled in school. They can only go to what they call pre-school! Real school starts when they are 6 years.
Accompany visa is done @ vfs
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 4:50am On Jan 22, 2016
Growingboi:

Growingboi hold to Sultan 003 is d right person in this forum concerning ECSA. He will guide you throughout your applications for Evaluations and Registration with ECSA. He is d one that God sent as my guiding angel when I did my registration with ECSA. Sultan is one of my Boss in this forum and is a professional when it come to ECSA registration. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 4:52am On Jan 22, 2016
meagainstdem:
My brother you don't have any problem but you are creating problems for yourself. I told you similar thing, get your study permit from embassy 1st then you will apply for your kids accompany visa at vsf. Simple truth. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Growingboi(m): 10:37am On Jan 22, 2016
thank you actionfemi. I have seen it all, "we shall know them by what cometh out from them"

femiaction:
Growingboi hold to Sultan 003 is d right person in this forum concerning ECSA. He will guide you throughout your applications for Evaluations and Registration with ECSA. He is d one that God sent as my guiding angel when I did my registration with ECSA. Sultan is one of my Boss in this forum and is a professional when it come to ECSA registration. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 3:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
@staggerlee, thanks bro.
@femiaction, I laughed wen u were commending someone's contribution on the forum. I ask u, how should u be commended? I'v seen u taking ur time to respond conscientiously to any question asked on this forum. Even wen the enquirer seemed persistent in his questions. You know it almost caused us some breach then. Thank u very much. There is this old saying that whoever that takes his time to wet another man's garden, it is God that wets his own garden for him. More grease,more grace.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yansky(m): 3:39pm On Jan 22, 2016
staggerlee:

Please what's d rate from rands to naira
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayoaces: 5:18pm On Jan 22, 2016
staggerlee:

Please can we withdraw with gtbank naira Mastercard over there? Or use POS?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayoaces: 5:22pm On Jan 22, 2016
meagainstdem:
@staggerlee, thanks bro.
@femiaction, I laughed wen u were commending someone's contribution on the forum. I ask u, how should u be commended? I'v seen u taking ur time to respond conscientiously to any question asked on this forum. Even wen the enquirer seemed persistent in his questions. You know it almost caused us some breach then. Thank u very much. There is this old saying that whoever that takes his time to wet another man's garden, it is God that wets his own garden for him. More grease,more grace.

I think you and your wife should apply for study visa separately. Then when you both get the study visa. You will apply for dependant visa for your children at vfs. If they are below 5 or 6 years they can't apply for study visa cos they are not of school age according to South African law.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 6:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
[quote author=ayoaces post=42226608]

I think you and your wife should apply for study visa separately. Then when you both get the study visa. You will apply for dependant visa for your children at vfs. If they are below 5 or 6 years they can't apply for study visa cos they are not of school age according to South African law.

Ok,taken. Thank you very much.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 8:19pm On Jan 22, 2016
ayoaces:

Please can we withdraw with gtbank naira Mastercard over there? Or use POS?

Yes u can use gtb card to withdraw and on POS
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 8:23pm On Jan 22, 2016
yansky:

Please what's d rate from rands to naira

Between 16 and 17 naira to R1 depending on ur bank, though if u check rate using google, u will see it at about N12 to R1. This does not happen in reality
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by segzy201: 9:33pm On Jan 22, 2016
@ muhaogunlo thanks for all d comments and guide my saqa status is saying complete nw just waiting for their mail to collect d certificate

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by muhaogunlo: 5:36am On Jan 23, 2016
segzy201:
@ muhaogunlo thanks for all d comments and guide my saqa status is saying complete nw just waiting for their mail to collect d certificate

That's good to hear, You are welcome bro. Best of luck in your endeavours, Cheers!!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 7:20am On Jan 23, 2016
meagainstdem:
@staggerlee, thanks bro.
Amen. We are expecting you and your family in South Africa by February 2016.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TokyoBulls(m): 1:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
femiaction:
Brother don't waste your money and time. Go and get another visa they will not allow you with visa because you want to over stay.
Just a follow up to this question/answer. I applied for visit visa and VFS told me I do not need a new visa for this travel. I travelled yesterday and am now in Johannesburg. The visa is valid as long as you are not staying for more days than initially approved and you enter before expiration. Thanks @femiaction for your assistance.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by segzy201: 1:41pm On Jan 24, 2016
pls where is south africa embassy in lagos? also dis DHA-1738 for visa application is 20pages but some aspect r not clear any idea in d house
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 3:50pm On Jan 24, 2016
[quote author=segzy201 post=42279309]pls where is south africa embassy in lagos? also dis DHA-1738 for visa application is 20pages but some aspect r not clear any idea in d house.
It is at Molade Okoya street, VI. At d back of Eko Hotel. Not clear as in what? Not clear in printing or how to fill the information? The form is two: one of 13 pages and one of 20 pages. I think that of 13 pages is d latest one. Though the two are acceptable at d embassy only that d one of 20 pages contains too much of irrelevant questions. I hope this helps?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 5:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
TokyoBulls:

Just a follow up to this question/answer. I applied for visit visa and VFS told me I do not need a new visa for this travel. I travelled yesterday and am now in Johannesburg. The visa is valid as long as you are not staying for more days than initially approved and you enter before expiration. Thanks @femiaction for your assistance.
How many days you got from immigration at airport? Because your visa will expire on 26th January. If you stay beyond your valid visa you will pay for overstasy. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by segzy201: 9:48pm On Jan 24, 2016
pls where can i get d yellow card. i mean part of d medical report needed

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: virgie(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.