Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1729655 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 6:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
Diamond1960:

STUDY VISA TAKE JUST 10 WORKING DAYS THAT IS TWO WEEKS FROM YOUR DATE OF SUBMISSION.. THE ONLY THING THAT MAY CAUSE DELAY IS WHEN THEY CALL YOU FOR ADDITIONAL DOCUMENT. IT IS ONLY SOUTH AFRICAN EMBASSY THAT ATTENDS TO STUDY PERMIT AND NOT VSF... IF YOU SUBMIT ON THURS 28TH JAN YOU WILL BE TOLD TO COME AND PICK YOUR INTL PASSPORT ON 12TH OF FEB...

GOODLUCK

THE EMBASSY IS AT OKOYA THOMAS V.I YOU CAN GET A TRICYCLE FROM OBALENDE GOING TOWARD EKO HOTEL ROUND ABOUT V.I
I stay in Abuja. Do you think the ones in Abuja proceess visa fast as Lagos does?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Growingboi(m): 7:47pm On Jan 26, 2016
U dont need to pay for a hotel online, looking at the condition of the hotel/room, some rooms are nt refundable while some are refundable provided the application is being cancelled a week or two to the date of ur intended travel. Apply for the refundable ones and cancel the application once you the outcome of ur visa.

midep:

Thank u for the information, I appreciate.. But my concern here is what if I pay for the hotel and visa is deny ?

Also can I make a lump sum of like 400k into my salary account and use the statement at the embassy ? and for how long does the money stays in the account before my application.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by roblance: 8:51pm On Jan 26, 2016
Growingboi:
U dont need to pay for a hotel online, looking at the condition of the hotel/room, some rooms are nt refundable while some are refundable provided the application is being cancelled a week or two to the date of ur intended travel. Apply for the refundable ones and cancel the application once you the outcome of ur visa.

bro, am getting confused with all this hotel reservation stuff. Can I just make reservations without payment and submit the confirmatiom email with other documents
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 9:12pm On Jan 26, 2016
My school says they need to know my intended date of travel to book my accommodation. So I think they'll just do all of that when I get there I'll pay for it. For now that's what I think.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Growingboi(m): 9:21pm On Jan 26, 2016
roblance:

bro, am getting confused with all this hotel reservation stuff. Can I just make reservations without payment and submit the confirmatiom email with other documents

Yea. just use ur ATM card to make reservation , nothing will be deducted frm your account print out the document they sent to ur mail and submit it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by fischer77(m): 9:13am On Jan 27, 2016
Hello House,

I have just read your post and thought I should drop my 2kobo.

It will be foolish of anyone to travel to SA without a valid hotel reservation. By valid I mean a paid hotel reservation. If you only booked online to pay on arrival, I am sorry to inform you that you will turned back. You are a Nigerian! It could be different if you are coming to study or have other credible papers. But a first timer, you will deported on arrival without a PAID hotel reservation.

However you might be lucky if you meet an understandable immigration (black) officer who would request for a 'bribe'. I was almost turned back but they wanted $100 which I gave them. I had hotel reservation but its pay on arrival.

Though with God you can be lucky and invisible but abeg just pay before coming to avoid embarrassment. I know people who were turned back with more than $2k at their disposal.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 27, 2016
2fine2fast:
Good day house. Kudos to everyone that has contributed so far to the success of this wonderful thread.
I am planning to start my PhD studies in SA this year but I have tried to get a supervisto no avail.
I need your kind help in this regards. I studied biochemistry for both my first and second degree. I am very open minded about area of research and school.
Looking forward to your help, suggestions and tips. Thanks.

Visit faculty link in any of the following leading SA university website:

uct.ac.za
wits.ac.za
sun.ac.za

You can follow international students link and request for Convener of related studies. You might be lucky to be admitted with 8 weeks of application.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 4:06pm On Jan 27, 2016
TokyoBulls:
Please I have one question. I used my last SA visa in November and it is valid till 26th January. However, I need to travel to SA on 23rd Jan and return 31th Jan. Do I need a new visa or is the current one still valid for the trip?
Hello Tokyobull see these two statements valid till 26th and now valid still 3rd Feb. Well if you overstasy you will pay fine. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drobadebayo: 5:57pm On Jan 27, 2016
Please my people,a brother needs your help.I want to write a 1 day exam in S.A in march because lagos spots are already filled up and I don't wanna wait another 7months to write the exam(when spots will be open in Lagos).Can someone pls help me on how to go about it.
I ll like to know d visa fee and process,how long it takes,cost of accommodation for about 4/5 days,flight cost and the likes.
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by roblance: 9:41pm On Jan 27, 2016
fischer77:
Hello House,

I have just read your post and thought I should drop my 2kobo.

It will be foolish of anyone to travel to SA without a valid hotel reservation. By valid I mean a paid hotel reservation. If you only booked online to pay on arrival, I am sorry to inform you that you will turned back. You are a Nigerian! It could be different if you are coming to study or have other credible papers. But a first timer, you will deported on arrival without a PAID hotel reservation.

However you might be lucky if you meet an understandable immigration (black) officer who would request for a 'bribe'. I was almost turned back but they wanted $100 which I gave them. I had hotel reservation but its pay on arrival.

Though with God you can be lucky and invisible but abeg just pay before coming to avoid embarrassment. I know people who were turned back with more than $2k at their disposal.

Shalom

alright, to make payment from here sef ehn. but we can use non paid reservations to get visa, then pay later before traveling.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by segzy201: 8:25am On Jan 28, 2016
pls house if i hv scholarship reading dept of mechanical engineering and my admission letter reads chemical engineering for Ph.D student hope embassy will not reject the visa application due to different dept in both scholarship and admission letter?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bumdeeva: 9:03am On Jan 28, 2016
H
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Saperp(m): 2:24pm On Jan 28, 2016
Bumdeeva:
Hello house,
I want to go to SA with the intention of getting married and my SA fiancé will be the sponsor of everything pertaining to the trip.
My question now is, do I still need to submit my own statement of account with his, as I don't have enough money in my account, or is it possible to submit only his own statement of account?

Is is possible to stay in SA for 2 or 3 whole months at a stretch? Because there are always conditions given on the visa. Because I need to be in SA to plan wedding( book a wedding date, marry, honeymoon and stay awhile in SA after getting married before coming back to apply for a spousal visa)

And please anyone in the house who can help with self introduction letter and letter of invitation/sponsorship in regards to going to get married, honeymoon and staying in SA for 50 days or more before comibg back to apply for a spousal visa after marriage...As this will have effect on the conditions given on visa.

Thanks

Am not sure you can get a 50days visa to stay in South African. His your partner in SA a she or he.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 2fine2fast(m): 2:40pm On Jan 28, 2016
Keneking:

Visit faculty link in any of the following leading SA university website:

uct.ac.za
wits.ac.za
sun.ac.za

You can follow international students link and request for Convener of related studies. You might be lucky to be admitted with 8 weeks of application.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Bro
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bumdeeva: 3:29pm On Jan 28, 2016
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bumdeeva: 3:30pm On Jan 28, 2016
Hello house,
I
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Saperp(m): 9:10pm On Jan 28, 2016
He can send you all document the embassy need for you to get a visiting visa first as his a South African citizen.

If his bank statement is good, you will submit it with yours no matter how small the cash flow looks.

Talk with him to send you document to get your visiting visa.

Bumdeeva:
Hello house,
I want to go to SA with the intention of getting married and my SA fiancé will be the sponsor of everything pertaining to the trip.
My question now is, do I still need to submit my own statement of account with his, as I don't have enough money in my account, or is it possible to submit only his own statement of account?

Is is possible to stay in SA for 2 or 3 whole months at a stretch? Because there are always conditions given on the visa. Because I need to be in SA to plan wedding( book a wedding date, marry, honeymoon and stay awhile in SA after getting married before coming back to apply for a spousal visa)

And please anyone in the house who can help with self introduction letter and letter of invitation/sponsorship in regards to going to get married, honeymoon and staying in SA for 50 days or more before comibg back to apply for a spousal visa after marriage...As this will have effect on the conditions given on visa.

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dgalon(m): 9:40pm On Jan 28, 2016
[quote author=samtol4 post=20789663] hi bro, i just send you a direct message can you kindly response because its urgent thanks .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drobadebayo: 10:07pm On Jan 28, 2016
drobadebayo:
Please my people,a brother needs your help.I want to write a 1 day exam in S.A in march because lagos spots are already filled up and I don't wanna wait another 7months to write the exam(when spots will be open in Lagos).Can someone pls help me on how to go about it.
I ll like to know d visa fee and process,how long it takes,cost of accommodation for about 4/5 days,flight cost and the likes.
Thanks
Someone shd pls reply
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dgalon(m): 10:10pm On Jan 28, 2016
[quote author=Keneking post=42374605]

hi bro, i am planning to apply for my masters at university of kwazulu natal. what is bothering me is after applying at SAQA for my qualification evaluation which will cost me R1288, i my to still pay for my application fee R470 or does that payment for SAQA cover the application fee. and one more thing about my qualification, i only have statement of result which is expired now because its valid for one year my school don't give transcript only post it to a school you intend to further your education. pls enlighten me more i am confused been following their site since last year
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 10:50pm On Jan 28, 2016
My documents are almost complete I'll be going to the embassy on Tuesday. I'm I supposed to get the form at the embassy? The I got 2 different kinds of forms on the web. Please which 1 of them is the right 1

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HankVoight: 12:37am On Jan 29, 2016
naruto02:
My documents are almost complete I'll be going to the embassy on Tuesday. I'm I supposed to get the form at the embassy? The I got 2 different kinds of forms on the web. Please which 1 of them is the right 1

The first Form is the right one. Do print and fill it. They wudnt giv u at the embassy if ur applying in Abuja.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 7:44am On Jan 29, 2016
naruto02:
Hello bros, don't let anybody confused you about the form both forms are right one. You can use any one you like. The first one is old form while the second one is updated form. Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 12:38pm On Jan 29, 2016
[quote author=HankVoight post=42420487]

The first Form is the right one. Do print and fill it. They wudnt giv u at the embassy if ur applying in Abuja.

Lagos doesn't give either.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bumdeeva: 12:45pm On Jan 29, 2016
please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Saperp(m): 12:52pm On Jan 29, 2016
Bumdeeva:
please anyone in the house who can help with self introduction letter and letter of invitation/sponsorship in regards to going to get married, honeymoon and staying in SA for 3 months at a stretch before comibg back to apply for a spousal visa after marriage...As this will have effect on the conditions given on visa.

I can be of help. But not for free.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 1:14pm On Jan 29, 2016
Okay. Thanks guys I'll just fill both and make sure I have enough documents for both then go to the embassy. Any 1 dey want I'll just give them. I'm sure the time is 11am for verification of document on Tuesday. I want to write 3rd March as departure date (hope it's not too early) since 4th feb is the date of submission of document. In the space of available funds is it necessary I put the actual amount because I'll be having dollar and naira but when I get to MMIA I'll Change the naira to rand. Also in my acceptance letter it says I'll be a resident of (I can't remember the house number) in Walmer port Elizabeth. So hope I don't need any other proof of residence or hotel reservation when submitting document in the embassy.the school representative will come pick me up in the airport so I hope I won't have problem with the immigration there when they ask about the hotel reservation. For minors they need letter from parents(I'm 20 am I considered as minor). In documents list the places that have the "where applicable" should I tick no or leave it blank
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 29, 2016
naruto02:
Okay. Thanks guys I'll just fill both and make sure I have enough documents for both then go to the embassy. Any 1 dey want I'll just give them. I'm sure the time is 11am for verification of document on Tuesday. I want to write 3rd March as departure date (hope it's not too early) since 4th feb is the date of submission of document. In the space of available funds is it necessary I put the actual amount because I'll be having dollar and naira but when I get to MMIA I'll Change the naira to rand. Also in my acceptance letter it says I'll be a resident of (I can't remember the house number) in Walmer port Elizabeth. So hope I don't need any other proof of residence or hotel reservation when submitting document in the embassy.the school representative will come pick me up in the airport so I hope I won't have problem with the immigration there when they ask about the hotel reservation. For minors they need letter from parents(I'm 20 am I considered as minor). In documents list the places that have the "where applicable" should I tick no or leave it blank

Get a letter from parent or get them accompany you when you visit the embassy. Put the address as it is written on the invitation letter.

Put the actual amount in Rands and Naira as requested.

Where is your insurance ?

Get the venue of submission before 9am.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 29, 2016
naruto02:

Get a letter from parent or get them accompany you when you visit the embassy. Put the address as it is written on the invitation letter.

Put the actual amount in Rands and Naira as requested.

Where is your insurance ?

Get to the venue of submission before 9am.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 9:00pm On Jan 29, 2016
@keneking I pray they send the insurance on Monday or during the weekend. That's what stopped me from going to the embassy last week. The school said they've been trying to get the company release my medical cover (as of Monday) they'll send it immediately when they receive it. I have to find a way to put the letter together. I don't live with my parents now( my brother could just act as my sole custody since I stay with him).
Why did the security guard at the embassy tell me it's 11-12am (thanks for the tip)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 29, 2016
naruto02:
@keneking I pray they send the insurance on Monday or during the weekend. That's what stopped me from going to the embassy last week. The school said they've been trying to get the company release my medical cover (as of Monday) they'll send it immediately when they receive it. I have to find a way to put the letter together. I don't live with my parents now( my brother could just act as my sole custody since I stay with him).
Why did the security guard at the embassy tell me it's 11-12am (thanks for the tip)

Oga, you can get the insurance yourself at any time of the day with your debit card just enter health insurance for students at SA.

How old is your brother? Does he operate a bank account with cash balance? Pls visit the embassy on time and register your name.

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.