Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,771 members, 7,851,633 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:01 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1755780 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (918) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 12:31pm On Mar 04, 2016
TokyoBulls:
Thanks to @SamuelUMOH, I successfully paid the R4,000 yesterday. I paid into the account provided on Tuesday night and the recipient in SA got the funds on Wednesday morning. Rate of Exchange was also good. R1 = N22
bros thank God .We are here to assist one another
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 12:33pm On Mar 04, 2016
staggerlee:

Don't mind the guy let him be looking for cheaper price and let them swerve him, I was going to introduce him to traders that trade in both Naira and Rands to assist him
Learn to be civil when people need your help .

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by segzy201: 1:03pm On Mar 04, 2016
Pls can i pay for my medical aid cover to (momentum health) in south africa from here in Nigeria with my First bank ATM Master card
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ife01(m): 1:16pm On Mar 04, 2016
segzy201:
Pls can i pay for my medical aid cover to (momentum health) in south africa from here in Nigeria with my First bank ATM Master card

I'm not sure. Did CompCare though and they requested I pay into a certain bank account. Our banks suggested I open a dom a/c which I didn't have the energy for. So, I had to employ the services of @cyphanet by paying into their Naira account and they paid on my behalf over there.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 2:14pm On Mar 04, 2016
segzy201:
Yes, but please use Momentum
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 2:15pm On Mar 04, 2016
samtol4:
Learn to be civil when people need your help .

I wasnt gonna help, I dont do business with faceless people on the internet
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by muhaogunlo: 3:27pm On Mar 04, 2016
staggerlee:

I wasnt gonna help, I dont do business with faceless people on the internet

@staggerlee, you would have said you won't be able to help him ab initio and that you are giving him the rate of agents rather than saying "If u can pay 26 naira to a Rand", anybody that read that comment will think that you are just being mean bearing in mind that online gives an unrealistic value of 12.9, people are going through a lot to travel, an innocent comment like yours can give the person sleepless nights in the face of the falling value of the naira. Thanks #just saying.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 7:29pm On Mar 04, 2016
muhaogunlo:

@staggerlee, you would have said you won't be able to help him ab initio and that you are giving him the rate of agents rather than saying "If u can pay 26 naira to a Rand", anybody that read that comment will think that you are just being mean bearing in mind that online gives an unrealistic value of 12.9, people are going through a lot to travel, an innocent comment like yours can give the person sleepless nights in the face of the falling value of the naira. Thanks #just saying.

Bros, I was going to introduce him to ibo traders and presently they charge 30 naira, I can swear that the guy didn't do it at 22 naira to a rand even banks won't charge u that. I have assisted someone here getting his police report. I will gladly assist anyone here, but when it concerns money. Lailai, I can't. I can only give tips.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kaylonda(f): 6:10pm On Mar 06, 2016
staggerlee:

Bros, I was going to introduce him to ibo traders and presently they charge 30 naira, I can swear that the guy didn't do it at 22 naira to a rand even banks won't charge u that. I have assisted someone here getting his police report. I will gladly assist anyone here, but when it concerns money. Lailai, I can't. I can only give tips.

Banks currently (Diamond/GTB) charge 20.4 - 21.5 rand to a naira.

When you say even banks won't charge that,
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kaylonda(f): 6:11pm On Mar 06, 2016
staggerlee:

Banks currently (Diamond/GTB) charge 20.4 - 21.5 rand to a naira. I have been in SA this past week and have been charged from 21.3 - 21.4 - 20.4 - 21.5 when withdrawing from Nedbank ATM,

When you say even banks won't charge that, which banks do you refer to?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TokyoBulls(m): 7:47pm On Mar 06, 2016
naruto02:

Which bank

He collected cash from his account and paid it into the Capitec Bank account number I gave him.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TokyoBulls(m): 7:55pm On Mar 06, 2016
staggerlee:

@Staggerlee. There is no need to swear. @Samtol transferred the R4,000 to the Capitec Bank account for me the following money and I paid him N88,000. There's no point dragging a dead horse. I needed help and came here. He offered to help and did. I only came back to appreciate him.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 8:16pm On Mar 06, 2016
kaylonda:

Banks currently (Diamond/GTB) charge 20.4 - 21.5 rand to a naira. I have been in SA this past week and have been charged from 21.3 - 21.4 - 20.4 - 21.5 when withdrawing from Nedbank ATM,

Good for U, I don't have Nigerian accounts functioning anymore cos of BVN, will get it done next month when I visit Lagos. As u all know rands is very volatile, when I said 26 it was last weekend. Ecobank charged someone I was with at mug and bean woodmed 26.3 rands, and someother guy took uba last weekend too at 25.9 to a rand via his GTB card.
Rand got to 16 to a dollar over the course of the week though it has risen now to 15.6 now to a dollar, this would have made the Naira stronger against the rand. So good for u at 20 to a Rand even though I find it to believe but what's my biz? The guy has paid his 4k rands that's all
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yehmi01(m): 10:31pm On Mar 06, 2016
kaylonda:

Hello, does your Naira Atm card work when you withdraw?

I can only use mine for POS and online since the new CBN rule when all ATM withdrawal was stopped in African countries.

What type of ATM card did you use on NedBank for cash withdrawal?.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OgaTheTop2: 8:30am On Mar 07, 2016
@Staggerlee, could you please tip me a fairly good hotel I can pay online with my debit card and receive payment notification in my mail. I think I want to make my trip by weekend. Any help?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 8:36am On Mar 07, 2016
staggerlee:

I use ecobank and access bank and they both work
Learn to be straightforward in life .Here you said you used Ecobank and Access bank in another post you said you do not use Nigerian Atm
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 8:39am On Mar 07, 2016
[quote author=staggerlee post=43537783]

Good for U, I don't have Nigerian accounts functioning anymore cos of BVN, will get it done next month when I visit Lagos. As u all know rands is very volatile, when I said 26 it was last weekend. Ecobank charged someone I was with at mug and bean woodmed 26.3 rands, and someother guy took uba last weekend too at 25.9 to a rand via his GTB card. Stop Contradicting yourself bros be straightforward at a point you want to change at 26 later you said you don"t help when it involves money
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 8:45am On Mar 07, 2016
staggerlee:

bros KEEP SWEARING his problem has been solved @22 rate.You never mention that you will introduced him to traders until his problem was solved.You never mention that you do not deal with faceless forum when it involves money until he got it @22 I CAN SAY BOLDLY NO BANK CHARGES AT 26 though there is fluctuation but NEVER AT 26
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 10:28am On Mar 07, 2016
samtol4:
Learn to be straightforward in life .Here you said you used Ecobank and Access bank in another post you said you do not use Nigerian Atm

Bros, they are not my cards, I said that for someone that was asking if Nigerian cards still work in SA. After the announcement of that CBN thingyin dec, I tried using naija cards and they both worked. So I still insist I don't have functional accounts in Nigeria. You can jump into the vaal lake if u don't believe
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 10:33am On Mar 07, 2016
samtol4:
bros KEEP SWEARING his problem has been solved @22 rate.You never mention that you will introduced him to traders until his problem was solved.You never mention that you do not deal with faceless forum when it involves money until he got it @22 I CAN SAY BOLDLY NO BANK CHARGES AT 26 though there is fluctuation but NEVER AT 26

Ok
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 10:39am On Mar 07, 2016
[quote author=samtol4 post=43548412][/quote]
English is ur problem read my statements again, I was never going to collect money from anyone here to help or do biz, I know guys that trade in this kind of money transfer and as at then it was 26. All I said was "if you are ready to pay 26". I wonder what part I said give me 26 I will do it for you?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 10:44am On Mar 07, 2016
OgaTheTop2:
@Staggerlee, could you please tip me a fairly good hotel I can pay online with my debit card and receive payment notification in my mail. I think I want to make my trip by weekend. Any help?

It depends on the area you are looking at however, mosy hotels u can pay via your master or visa debit card as lond as your card is activated for int'l transactions.
If u choose Midrand and u pay online, I can help u follow up on the receipt as long as you have genuinely paid online.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OgaTheTop2: 12:17pm On Mar 07, 2016
staggerlee:

It depends on the area you are looking at however, mosy hotels u can pay via your master or visa debit card as lond as your card is activated for int'l transactions.
If u choose Midrand and u pay online, I can help u follow up on the receipt as long as you have genuinely paid online.
Thanks Stagg. I got a better offer from Pretoria and I'm awaiting the invoice so I can pay. Btw, Midrand wasn't accepting my card. Don't know what went wrong..my account is fully funded. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 12:37pm On Mar 07, 2016
OgaTheTop2:
Thanks Stagg. I got a better offer from Pretoria and I'm awaiting the invoice so I can pay. Btw, Midrand wasn't accepting my card. Don't know what went wrong..my account is fully funded. Thanks

What hotel in Midrand?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 1:02pm On Mar 07, 2016
Please is there anyone that applied for study visa in February. It's 5 weeks now and I called the embassy they said I should call back next week. My guy got his 3 weeks after applying.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by momasenny(f): 1:33pm On Mar 07, 2016
Hello family, am planning to go next week and I want to know d amount am entitle to have as cash @ hand? Where can I change it to rand? Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OgaTheTop2: 1:46pm On Mar 07, 2016
staggerlee:

What hotel in Midrand?
Protea Hotel, Midrand.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 2:00pm On Mar 07, 2016
OgaTheTop2:
Protea Hotel, Midrand.

Since you have got an alternative its fine, i Would have told you to try Premier Hotel or City Lodge
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by momasenny(f): 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2016
@Samtol4 and staggerlee pls respond oooo, am pleading
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 2:52pm On Mar 07, 2016
momasenny:
@Samtol4 and staggerlee pls respond oooo, am pleading

Honestly I have never been asked how much I have at the point of entry in SA or any other country, glory to God I don't need a visa to enter SA anymore, so I can't really answer your question
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OgaTheTop2: 3:09pm On Mar 07, 2016
staggerlee:

Since you have got an alternative its fine, i Would have told you to try Premier Hotel or City Lodge
I will have to try these hotels. The alternative I got wouldn't take card as well unless I'm on ground for them to swipe my card. Even though I'm paying in full.

Btw, those hotels you mentioned, are they in Midrand or Pretoria?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by momasenny(f): 4:05pm On Mar 07, 2016
staggerlee:

Honestly I have never been asked how much I have at the point of entry in SA or any other country, glory to God I don't need a visa to enter SA anymore, so I can't really answer your question

Thank God for your life ooo.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (918) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.