Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,829 members, 7,851,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:33 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1756062 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (918) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 8:13pm On Mar 07, 2016
OgaTheTop2:
I will have to try these hotels. The alternative I got wouldn't take card as well unless I'm on ground for them to swipe my card. Even though I'm paying in full.

Btw, those hotels you mentioned, are they in Midrand or Pretoria?

Year that's true, I just remembered you need a cheque or credit card for most hotels. The cards that your name are written on it with embossed lettering, you hardly see them in naija.
The hotels I mentioned are in Midrand you can try them
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 07, 2016
staggerlee:

Year that's true, I just remembered you need a cheque or credit card for most hotels. The cards that your name are written on it with embossed lettering, you hardly see them in naija.

Hi pls how possible is it to convert from student visa to permanent visa in SA?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 9:07pm On Mar 07, 2016
Keneking:

Hi pls how possible is it to convert from student visa to permanent visa in SA?

Its a long long process but its possible. During my time, I did masters in electrical engineering and started my PHD, I applied for exceptional work permit. I got a letter from my supervisor plus my publications and some other things and I applied, thankfully I got it. With exceptional skills visa you can apply for a Permanent Residence Permit and I got in.
But now you have to get a Critical work visa which u need to join a professional body and the body gives u a letter with that letter you take other docs like publications and so on you apply for the critical skills. With critical skills, after 1 year u can apply for PR. Or wait till you get a PHD and apply for PR.
Mind u, your chances of getting all these visas depends on course of study. Your best bet is Sceience Tech Engineering or Medicine with a minimum of Masters degree

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 07, 2016
staggerlee:

Its a long long process but its possible. During my time, I did masters in electrical engineering and started my PHD, I applied for exceptional work permit. I got a letter from my supervisor plus my publications and some other things and I applied, thankfully I got it. With exceptional skills visa you can apply for a Permanent Residence Permit and I got in.
But now you have to get a Critical work visa which u need to join a professional body and the body gives u a letter with that letter you take other docs like publications and so on you apply for the critical skills. With critical skills, after 1 year u can apply for PR. Or wait till you get a PHD and apply for PR.
Mind u, your chances of getting all these visas depends on course of study. Your best bet is Sceience Tech Engineering or Medicine with a minimum of Masters degree

Amazing write-up and rich in susbtance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 07, 2016
Keneking:

Amazing write-up and rich in susbtance

So are you saying that its better to earn the PhD and then apply for Critical Skills Visa? Or does one need a PhD plus articles in journal to apply for critical skills?

Clarify if critical skills visa is the same as PR.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 9:54pm On Mar 07, 2016
Keneking:

So are you saying that its better to earn the PhD and then apply for Critical Skills Visa? Or does one need a PhD plus articles in journal to apply for critical skills?

Clarify if critical skills visa is the same as PR.

With PHD certificate you can get a PR straight no need for critical skills first

Critical skill visa (formally exceptional skill visa) is just a work visa for 5 years that can make you work legally in your field of study. PR is permanent residence, which allows you to work and live permanently in the republic. You can apply for a south african I.D no with your PR. After 5 years of ur PR, if of good conduct you are entitled to become a SA citizen

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eben1991: 12:00am On Mar 08, 2016
staggerlee:

With PHD certificate you can get a PR straight no need for critical skills first

Critical skill visa (formally exceptional skill visa) is just a work visa for 5 years that can make you work legally in your field of study. PR is permanent residence, which allows you to work and live permanently in the republic. You can apply for a south african I.D no with your PR. After 5 years of ur PR, if of good conduct you are entitled to become a SA citizen

Thanks for always ready to help sir, i will be thru with my nysc next month and i will like to apply for a masters degree immediately. I will like to know the best time to start applying, and if i can get admitted directly with my Bsc for Msc.thanks, God bless.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 3:58am On Mar 08, 2016
eben1991:

Thanks for always ready to help sir, i will be thru with my nysc next month and i will like to apply for a masters degree immediately. I will like to know the best time to start applying, and if i can get admitted directly with my Bsc for Msc.thanks, God bless.

From june, but first thing to do which you can start today is SAQA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:28am On Mar 08, 2016
staggerlee:

Amazing. Thanks for clarification.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eben1991: 6:35am On Mar 08, 2016
staggerlee:

From june, but first thing to do which you can start today is SAQA

Thanks for your response, Is it likely i get admitted directly for Msc after the evaluation ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 6:49am On Mar 08, 2016
eben1991:

Thanks for your response, Is it likely i get admitted directly for Msc after the evaluation ?

Yes, depending on your evaluation
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 7:08am On Mar 08, 2016
staggerlee:

Amazing!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OgaTheTop2: 7:25am On Mar 08, 2016
staggerlee:

Yes my guy, I have those cards but they requested my presence in d hotel to swipe my card for payment. Right now I'm trying to get someone in Pretoria I can send money to and just get d hotel booked so I get the receipt of payment before flying out.

Btw stagg, have you ever heard of counter cash ticket? I was about booking my flight and a friend dissuaded me because of the cost and that I will get ticket to SA for 85k. Most prices online start from 130k. What do you think....plus can I write a professional exam in any IT prometric center in SA?

Thanks a lot.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 7:52am On Mar 08, 2016
OgaTheTop2:
Yes my guy, I have those cards but they requested my presence in d hotel to swipe my card for payment. Right now I'm trying to get someone in Pretoria I can send money to and just get d hotel booked so I get the receipt of payment before flying out.

Btw stagg, have you ever heard of counter cash ticket? I was about booking my flight and a friend dissuaded me because of the cost and that I will get ticket to SA for 85k. Most prices online start from 130k. What do you think....plus can I write a professional exam in any IT prometric center in SA?

Thanks a lot.

You can pay for hotels online am sure it has to do with your cards, everyone pays for hotels online. I dont know about air ticket, i always buy my tickets from accredited agents like fly center or directly from the airlines.

you can write your exam at any prometric center the main thing na money
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OgaTheTop2: 8:10am On Mar 08, 2016
staggerlee:

You can pay for hotels online am sure it has to do with your cards, everyone pays for hotels online. I dont know about air ticket, i always buy my tickets from accredited agents like fly center or directly from the airlines.

you can write your exam at any prometric center the main thing na money
Thanks a lot Stagg. Not that I can't pay online with my cards. All i need is a portal from the hotel to do so, i mean online payment portal.

Thanks man.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 8:42am On Mar 08, 2016
OgaTheTop2:
Thanks a lot Stagg. Not that I can't pay online with my cards. All i need is a portal from the hotel to do so, i mean online payment portal.

Thanks man.

U can use booking.com, if it is a hotel in midrand after payment via booking.com I can assist u get the receipt once u send me the reference, free of charge before some mad pple here say I wanna do business with u
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OgaTheTop2: 1:24pm On Mar 08, 2016
staggerlee:

U can use booking.com, if it is a hotel in midrand after payment via booking.com I can assist u get the receipt once u send me the reference, free of charge before some mad pple here say I wanna do business with u
Thanks a lot Stagg. I understand Nlanders can be pain in the anus...lol.

Btw, I settled for Airport Game Lodge in Joburg. They asked me to send my international passport data page, front and back copies of my credit card and also fill a kind of card authorization form. My fear is I don't know if this is in order. Am I not exposing my card details?

I am traveling this weekend and and i want to get this hotel thing done with.

Advice bruh.

Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 1:44pm On Mar 08, 2016
OgaTheTop2:
Thanks a lot Stagg. I understand Nlanders can be pain in the anus...lol.

Btw, I settled for Airport Game Lodge in Joburg. They asked me to send my international passport data page, front and back copies of my credit card and also fill a kind of card authorization form. My fear is I don't know if this is in order. Am I not exposing my card details?

I am traveling this weekend and and i want to get this hotel thing done with.

Advice bruh.

Thanks.

Dropping credit card details is a norm here, if its a south african credit card, your bank will get authorization before any debit is made, I don't know how naija cards work. I also don't know that hotel u are talking about. So I don't want to commit myself by telling u to go ahead, but u can take the risk its entirely up to u
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OgaTheTop2: 1:56pm On Mar 08, 2016
staggerlee:

Dropping credit card details is a norm here, if its a south african credit card, your bank will get authorization before any debit is made, I don't know how naija cards work. I also don't know that hotel u are talking about. So I don't want to commit myself by telling u to go ahead, but u can take the risk its entirely up to u

Alright. Thanks man.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kaylonda(f): 7:00pm On Mar 08, 2016
yehmi01:

Hello, does your Naira Atm card work when you withdraw?

I can only use mine for POS and online since the new CBN rule when all ATM withdrawal was stopped in African countries.

What type of ATM card did you use on NedBank for cash withdrawal?.

Hi,

I used GTB for POS payments twice and used my Diamond visa debit card to withdraw.

What's interesting is, you must call to activate the card before travelling (very imp).

They actually told me I could only use it for POS payments but every time I tried to get money from an AT it worked:

- Rosebank mall
-V&A waterfront, Capetown
- Capetown Airport

Good luck.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yehmi01(m): 10:22pm On Mar 08, 2016
kaylonda:

Hi,

I used GTB for POS payments twice and used my Diamond visa debit card to withdraw.

What's interesting is, you must call to activate the card before travelling (very imp).

They actually told me I could only use it for POS payments but every time I tried to get money from an AT it worked:

- Rosebank mall
-V&A waterfront, Capetown
- Capetown Airport

Good luck.

OK thanks for the info.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ife01(m): 9:03am On Mar 09, 2016
Hello house,
I'll appreciate directions in this regard:
I'm applying for a 2yrs research Visa.
I've arranged accommodation - but the best my would be landlord could help with is a Confirmation letter. I'm thinking that may not be sufficient.
Alternative is to book an hotel - my questions are: how long does the booking have to be considering the nature of the visa I'm requiring? Also, must it be paid for? OR will the confirmation letter be sufficient?

Thanks
@staggerlee and others, please help
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 9:17am On Mar 09, 2016
ife01:
Hello house,
I'll appreciate directions in this regard:
I'm applying for a 2yrs research Visa.
I've arranged accommodation - but the best my would be landlord could help with is a Confirmation letter. I'm thinking that may not be sufficient.
Alternative is to book an hotel - my questions are: how long does the booking have to be considering the nature of the visa I'm requiring? Also, must it be paid for? OR will the confirmation letter be sufficient?

Thanks
@staggerlee and others, please help

I think the confirmation letter is fine, ask the landlord to stamp it at the police station
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by segzy201: 6:46pm On Mar 09, 2016
Please house hw can i go abt dis i have scholarship letter in mechanical engineering and my admission letter stating chemical engineering can i use dis to apply at the embassy for study permit or need a note from my supervisor reasons for the different department on the scholarship letter and admission letter.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by segzy201: 6:48pm On Mar 09, 2016
Pls both admission letter and scholarship are for my Ph.D but still in faculty of Engineering
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ife01(m): 7:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
segzy201:
Pls both admission letter and scholarship are for my Ph.D but still in faculty of Engineering

It may be an error, notify whoever initiated the letter for clarification
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by segzy201: 8:21pm On Mar 09, 2016
@ife01 its not an error i fill d dept for d scholarship and d dept is yet to be approved for Ph.d i hv to change and apply for another dept for admission letter dats y
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jackbanks087: 10:01pm On Mar 09, 2016
Hello everyone please i will like to know how much can i rent a 2 bed room apartment in either Cape Town or Port Elizabeth please because am planning for my trip next month with my younger brother

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 10:08pm On Mar 09, 2016
jackbanks087:
Hello everyone please i will like to know how much can i rent a 2 bed room apartment in either Cape Town or Port Elizabeth please because am planning for my trip next month with my younger brother

Thanks

Are planning to come and live in SA?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 10:08pm On Mar 09, 2016
jackbanks087:

Thanks

Are you planning to come and live in SA?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jackbanks087: 10:14pm On Mar 09, 2016
Yes we are planning our travel to SA to visit a long time family friend but we will like to stay alone please any ideal ?
staggerlee:

Are you planning to come and live in SA?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 10:19pm On Mar 09, 2016
jackbanks087:
Yes we are planning our travel to SA to visit a long time family friend but we will like to stay alone please any ideal ?
Depends on area but nothing less than R5000 per month and you need a resident permit to rent a house, hope you are not coming with a visitors visa, because if you are you can't stay more than 30 days

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (918) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.