Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1738287 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by caesar247: 3:30pm On Aug 25, 2016
Im currently working in South Africa , I just got married to my wife and Im inviting her on an accompanying spouse Visa to come and stay with me, I provided every document as requested by the South Africa High commission but to my surprise the agents working/accepting applications at the VFS office in Lekki keep refusing her application and they dont understand what a spouse visa means, I think they are only familiar with a visiting Visa, They have been frastrating me and turning down all my effort..
She has been going there since Monday and today they gave her a visiting Visa form to complete, I feel they are only misleading me and trying to make contradict all my document..
Could you please advise me what to do because Im inviting her here to accompany me on my critical skill permit and not for a visit..

any advise
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 25, 2016
caesar247:

Im currently working in South Africa , I just got married to my wife and Im inviting her on an accompanying spouse Visa to come and stay with me, I provided every document as requested by the South Africa High commission but to my surprise the agents working/accepting applications at the VFS office in Lekki keep refusing her application and they dont understand what a spouse visa means, I think they are only familiar with a visiting Visa, They have been frastrating me and turning down all my effort..
She has been going there since Monday and today they gave her a visiting Visa form to complete, I feel they are only misleading me and trying to make contradict all my document..
Could you please advise me what to do because Im inviting her here to accompany me on my critical skill permit and not for a visit..

any advise

Oga do it yourself. What is the function of agent? She should complete the forms and include attachments as required.
There is accompanying spousal visa. She must include this type of visa in the form. Period!
Their job is to accept applications not to decide on visa type.
There is a column in the application form where you can tick this type of visa.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bedoab10k(m): 5:12pm On Aug 25, 2016
friendly101:

according to what I heard I think Abuja is still the best cos they issue 3months visa while Lagos issue the number of days you wanna spend in south Africa..............

Want to apply for study visa, going there for study
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by friendly101: 6:05pm On Aug 25, 2016
bedoab10k:

Want to apply for study visa, going there for study
honestly I know nothing about SA study visa.............
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ugosample(m): 7:02pm On Aug 25, 2016
Good evening everyone...
I want to ask for enquiries sake please.
For those of you studying for a post graduate degree in South Africa, How much in Naira terms is the average school fees for international students?

Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 7:28pm On Aug 25, 2016
friendly101:
please house I just got my south Africa visa and I will like to know which will be preferred to go with or exchange rand or dollars am just going for 1 week.
and this is my 1st time of going......and please how much is rand and which bank or where can I buy the rand?

please kindly assist.........
Buying rand will save.you.a lot.of money at the long run, i bought it for #27 at Black market at the airport on the 3rd of this month, just have around 3k rands on you which is less than 100k naira,your rest change can be exchanged for dollar on your way back at or tambo,just walk over to travelex once you have gotten your boarding pass and turn the rands into dollar
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 8:36pm On Aug 25, 2016
jackbanks087:
Seriously i went though some stress like my statement of amount i had to see the manager imagine that , invitation letter i had to teach my friend what to write some stressful stuffs thou and dont worry you dont have to think other wise all the documents are real which i can bet on i have been to Germany and India before just wanted to visit SA base on what people are saying .

If you are cork sure of documents from your own side,the one provided by your friend must have put you in trouble then.....You still have a chance,reapply but on this occasion make a paid hotel reservations with a reservation code coming directly from the hotel..Best of luck
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zaigs: 6:46am On Aug 26, 2016
staggerlee:

We have addressed this so many times on this thread. Dox needed includes 1. Hotel booking or invitation letter 2. Flight reservation 3. Letter of introduction 4. Bank statements 4. Vaccination card. You can not use free cancellation reservation to get a visa, its advisable to use paid hotel booking

Thank you staggerlee. But I have a few more questions. what's the minimum account balance that one will require in this present time and with the current value of the Naira? I perceive that the letter of introduction will be written by the person intending to travel? I live in Kaduna, where will I get the vaccination card? Thank you!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 6:54am On Aug 26, 2016
Zaigs:

Thank you staggerlee. But I have a few more questions. what's the minimum account balance that one will require in this present time and with the current value of the Naira? I perceive that the letter of introduction will be written by the person intending to travel? I live in Kaduna, where will I get the vaccination card? Thank you!

I live in SA, I am not too conversant with current realities in nigeria
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jackbanks087: 7:34am On Aug 26, 2016
Yes thats the ( statement of account ) worth more than 2M
Reprobate:

bro, dont see no bank statement there. did u really not include that?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jackbanks087: 7:39am On Aug 26, 2016
She didnt put me in any trouble am 100% there is a way you can check if SA national identity number and passport numbers are valid she didnt even know what to do until i told her i have been to Germany before and same way my friend there wrote the Invitation same way i told her to but hmmmmm .. Even back then the money i had wasnt even close to what i have now .

Sometimes its just luck maybe my luck no shine lol
Solatium:

If you are cork sure of documents from your own side,the one provided by your friend must have put you in trouble then.....You still have a chance,reapply but on this occasion make a paid hotel reservations with a reservation code coming directly from the hotel..Best of luck
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by friendly101: 3:03pm On Aug 26, 2016
Solatium:
Buying rand will save.you.a lot.of money at the long run, i bought it for #27 at Black market at the airport on the 3rd of this month, just have around 3k rands on you which is less than 100k naira,your rest change can be exchanged for dollar on your way back at or tambo,just walk over to travelex once you have gotten your boarding pass and turn the rands into dollar

thanks bro for the info.............I have been so worried.
just bought my flight ticket.............
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by guttentag(m): 5:44pm On Aug 26, 2016
Why is VFS in Lagos delaying my visa application
Normally issuers of visa take 6days but I am yet to hear from those azzholes

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 8:44pm On Aug 26, 2016
guttentag:
Why is VFS in Lagos delaying my visa application
Normally issuers of visa take 6days but I am yet to hear from those azzholes

There are times that they have more applications to treat,i guess this is what is happening in your own case,you should get a text asking you to come forward for your passport in a day or two
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 8:51pm On Aug 26, 2016
jackbanks087:
She didnt put me in any trouble am 100% there is a way you can check if SA national identity number and passport numbers are valid she didnt even know what to do until i told her i have been to Germany before and same way my friend there wrote the Invitation same way i told her to but hmmmmm .. Even back then the money i had wasnt even close to what i have now .

Sometimes its just luck maybe my luck no shine lol

Does this your south African woman works ? if yes does she earn enough to be able to sponsor an invitee? what sort of accommodation does she presents ?...Dude luck aside there are technicality in these things and from my perspective and other people's experience an high commission or embassy will never lie about a situation concerning your application,they will rather not grant the visa and will not state the reason why it is not granted

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by guttentag(m): 9:25pm On Aug 26, 2016
Solatium:

There are times that they have more applications to treat,i guess this is what is happening in your own case,you should get a text asking you to come forward for your passport in a day or two

Hmmm. I pray so. Thank you boss
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by easyxtan: 1:06am On Aug 27, 2016
Please can anyone en-lighten me on this, I want to make flight reservation, can i just book south Africa airways without making payment and present it as flight reservation? am i good to go with that.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by know: 2:50am On Aug 27, 2016
friendly101:

thanks bro for the info.............I have been so worried.
just bought my flight ticket.............

Bro,Which airline are you going with and how much did you pay for the fare. Will be in Jo'burg by the third week.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by friendly101: 3:00am On Aug 27, 2016
know:

Bro,Which airline are you going with and how much did you pay for the fare. Will be in Jo'burg by the third week.
Ethiopia airline.....124k.......
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by friendly101: 3:03am On Aug 27, 2016
Zaigs:

U can get vaccination card in ministry of health abj. .....that's was were I got mine.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by friendly101: 3:05am On Aug 27, 2016
easyxtan:
Please can anyone en-lighten me on this, I want to make flight reservation, can i just book south Africa airways without making payment and present it as flight reservation? am i good to go with that.
Yes u can that was what I did......
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by know: 7:00am On Aug 27, 2016
friendly101:

Thanks bro..Please, when did you book....Trying to book now, it's giving me 155k. Kindly assist with the site you used or agent. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by friendly101: 8:19pm On Aug 27, 2016
[quote author=know post=48836838]

Thanks bro..Please, when did you book....Trying to book now, it's giving me 155k. Kindly assist with the site you used or
agent. Thanks[/quote
I used Skyscanner to track the price..so u can do that as well when do u plan going?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mojohnny(m): 9:33pm On Aug 27, 2016
Hello house.
Quick question?
Is it possible that the visa won't arrive before the departure date I filled on the form?
Cos I filled next Saturday (although I applied on Monday)
Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by scholarcute: 11:35pm On Aug 27, 2016
Pls Nairalander, wot document can I use in place of employment letter, am not working but into a small scale business without CAC , dis business fetches me atleast 50k a month. All other documents r complete, I want to know if I can summit like dat becos it is indicated in my self introduction letter.Tnk u
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by know: 6:28am On Aug 28, 2016
[quote author=friendly101 post=48856279][/quote]
Thanks bro....l plan traveling on the 21st of next month. Skyscanner is saying 147k now,you may want to confirm it. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ozedi77: 7:23am On Aug 28, 2016
Hello, can someone help me with this infor. I traveled to south Africa 2007 with the old Nigerian passport but their was an error with the year of my birth. now i have the ECOWAS passport with my correct date of birth and i want to visit SA again. should i apply afresh or as one who has traveled before and attache my old visa?. Even if the two passport have different year of my birth but same date and month.And what is the requirement for renewal
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jackbanks087: 9:04am On Aug 28, 2016
She works and yes she has the money to sponsor me but i prefer paying my self i inserted in introduction letter i will be sponsoring my trip my self .. I will just listen to your guys and next time get more documents .

YOU GUYS ARE THE BESTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Solatium:

Does this your south African woman works ? if yes does she earn enough to be able to sponsor an invitee? what sort of accommodation does she presents ?...Dude luck aside there are technicality in these things and from my perspective and other people's experience an high commission or embassy will never lie about a situation concerning your application,they will rather not grant the visa and will not state the reason why it is not granted

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 10:10am On Aug 28, 2016
ozedi77:
Hello, can someone help me with this infor. I traveled to south Africa 2007 with the old Nigerian passport but their was an error with the year of my birth. now i have the ECOWAS passport with my correct date of birth and i want to visit SA again. should i apply afresh or as one who has traveled before and attache my old visa?. Even if the two passport have different year of my birth but same date and month.And what is the requirement for renewal

It has nothing to do with South African high commission,it's purely a problem from your own side,how can you have two different DOB? the implications is grave if you submit and claim a fresh applicant should they find out,but you have a grace,take both the old MRP passport and the e-passports to the immigration office where you have it issued,let them make an observation on the new one...i hope they help sha
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 10:13am On Aug 28, 2016
know:

Thanks bro....l plan traveling on the 21st of next month. Skyscanner is saying 147k now,you may want to confirm it. Thanks
try flyibat, i got a deal ticket there too for 125k on Kenya Airways earlier this month
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 10:15am On Aug 28, 2016
scholarcute:
Pls Nairalander, wot document can I use in place of employment letter, am not working but into a small scale business without CAC , dis business fetches me atleast 50k a month. All other documents r complete, I want to know if I can summit like dat becos it is indicated in my self introduction letter.Tnk u
Am afraid this will take grace of God to fly, You need to present a genuine business documents registration,i will advise you suspend that application for now, and look for a way to make a business name registration,it will increase your chances of getting a visa...Best of luck
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 10:19am On Aug 28, 2016
friendly101:
Has Ethiopia suspended the collection of $300 as repatriation fee?

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.