Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1740074 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by inspire77: 9:47am On Nov 17, 2016
holluwai:

Pm me sir

For the second time, i need to give thanks where thanks is due. Some weeks back, i posted a query asking for anyone coming into RSA to assist me bring some stuff for my brother's wedding. In an era where trust is a big issue amonsgst Nigerians, especially a faceless, nameless individual like me.

The forum member "Holluwai"assisted me. He brought the items,and strangely, this member turns out to be -like a friend to my younger brother getting married in the first place? And now i have gained a brother via this forum.

This shows that Nigerians, we can use online-medium for good things as well instead of all these negative stereotypes

Thanks "Holluwai".
All the best everyone.

10 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by scholarcute: 11:00am On Nov 17, 2016
Pls nairalander, can the evaluation of result b done also for the purpose of working or jst for schooling? Tnx as I wait for ur responses.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ndukaikenna: 11:46am On Nov 17, 2016
please answer me this question because am travelling next week. 1. how much did you pay for your ticket and which airline also how did you do the airline payment? 2. where you with cash before you traveled if yes, how much? 3.when you applied for your visa again after denial how much was your closing balance. thanks pls am waiting for your answer.
Swith:
. That's great bro, you nailed it. Self confidence matters a lot. Brother please which airline did you use and for how much and again what is the current BTA i.e. Basic travel allowance demanded by the immigration officers. I asked because i will be in S.A. by the end of this month. Meanwhile do enjoy your stay.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ndukaikenna: 11:48am On Nov 17, 2016
please answer me this question because am travelling next week. 1. how much did you pay for your ticket and which airline also how did you do the airline payment? 2. where you with cash before you traveled if yes, how much? 3.when you applied for your visa again after denial how much was your closing balance. thanks pls am waiting for your answer.
phemy1230:
just arrived SA, lovely country, full of trees, very very cold and my friends are laughing at me even though they say it's summer, the stories I heard about immigration been harsh to Nigerians were different, my hotel reservation was just looked at and no call, my yellow card was ignored and i spent only 3 minutes with her, maybe it's the airline I went with, smooth flight.....but guys make sure you are confident of the docs you are giving them as what they really deal with is your body language, it's not a do or die to go to SA but it's fun....have fun
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by holluwai(m): 12:02pm On Nov 17, 2016
Thank you so much, I don't think I can thank you enough and yes I have found a new brother too. Also for everyone to know that there are still good people out there.

I only helped him take the wedding items to rsa but now we are like a big family.

inspire77:

For the second time, i need to give thanks where thanks is due. Some weeks back, i posted a query asking for anyone coming into RSA to assist me bring some stuff for my brother's wedding. In an era where trust is a big issue amonsgst Nigerians, especially a faceless, nameless individual like me.

The forum member "Holluwai"assisted me. He brought the items,and strangely, this member turns out to be -like a friend to my younger brother getting married in the first place? And now i have gained a brother via this forum.

This shows that Nigerians, we can use online-medium for good things as well instead of all these negative stereotypes

Thanks "Holluwai".
All the best everyone.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by odehbrainard: 12:37pm On Nov 17, 2016
i dont understand why my application i submitted in lagos same day with my friend who submitted in abuja isnt ready,its like all applications to abuja are faster,my application got to their embassy on the 7th but i submitted on the 4th, still dont understand what they are processing, my leave is almost running out, even if its 5days i spend i dont mind in as much as i get the visa ASAP.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by MamaTobenna: 1:04pm On Nov 17, 2016
Submitted on the 3rd too. Nothing yet
odehbrainard:
i dont understand why my application i submitted in lagos same day with my friend who submitted in abuja isnt ready,its like all applications to abuja are faster,my application got to their embassy on the 7th but i submitted on the 4th, still dont understand what they are processing, my leave is almost running out, even if its 5days i spend i dont mind in as much as i get the visa ASAP.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Femcesc07(m): 1:08pm On Nov 17, 2016
Odehbrainard
You should have use Abj cos their application is more faster!!!!!!!! Just be patient bro, you will hear ha good news soon!!!!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ndukaikenna: 3:56pm On Nov 17, 2016
since on 1st i submitted my application till now. still not out.... this is really pissing me off.. ordinary southafrica

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by MamaTobenna: 4:23pm On Nov 17, 2016
Ndukaikenna:
since on 1st i submitted my application till now. still not out.... this is really pissing me off.. ordinary southafrica
. I guess all of us in that week then are awaiting
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 4:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
olusegunthomas:
thanks for the respond... I don't study what am doing for living in sch, I learn it and I can defend it any where, buh how can I apply for skill permit again when am already having visitor visa on my pp pls share more light on this
Hey Bro Aluminum work in Nigeria is different here in SA. I
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:26pm On Nov 17, 2016
I tire for them oh. I submitted my application for renewal since 28th Oct, still no response yet. I don't understand what their problem is. This is taking too long abeg.. .
Ndukaikenna:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ndukaikenna: 9:14pm On Nov 17, 2016
OMG I JUST GOT AN SMS THAT VISA IS READY.. THANK GOD
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by EUGENE846: 9:35pm On Nov 17, 2016
Ndukaikenna:
OMG I JUST GOT AN SMS THAT VISA IS READY.. THANK GOD

congrats mr Nduka.... are u currently in Lagos?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ndukaikenna: 9:36pm On Nov 17, 2016
YES... coming to joburg next week
EUGENE846:

congrats mr Nduka.... are u currently in Lagos?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by EUGENE846: 10:22pm On Nov 17, 2016
[quote author=Ndukaikenna post=51126172]YES... coming to joburg
OK. Send me a pm so we can talk well.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by phemy1230: 10:24pm On Nov 17, 2016
Ndukaikenna:
my ticket was 175,000 I used South Africa airways, but it's cheap because it's during the week not weekend, I had over a million for my statement and yes I was with cash but from naija to Jo'burg I wasn't asked of BTA neither was it checked and I didn't apply in Lagos again after denial I went to Abuja and I got my visa in 6 working days......I paid cash to the bank for my airline payment as I booked online

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ndukaikenna: 10:50pm On Nov 17, 2016
i dont know are to do that. [quote author=EUGENE846 post=51127417][/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ObenJoshua(m): 12:42am On Nov 18, 2016
Hello, Please I, and two of my colleagues are working towards further study in SA, we were told that we need to do one year honors program because our certificates were obtained after 4 years, that said, we are planning to apply for honors program now, so with this please I have a few questions.. How much does it cost to process SA visa from start to finish, also what are the necessary requirements though I have read the stuffs on their website, because an agency asked us to bring 400 thousand naira each which I think is outrageous, also an agency (sisa) claims that they can get admission within 48 hours without we doing saqa, is this a reasonable thing to do. I will really appreciate your response(s) because the content here have been really helpful, and eye opening most importantly, thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:47am On Nov 18, 2016
phemy1230:
my ticket was 175,000 I used South Africa airways, but it's cheap because it's during the week not weekend, I had over a million for my statement and yes I was with cash but from naija to Jo'burg I wasn't asked of BTA neither was it checked and I didn't apply in Lagos again after denial I went to Abuja and I got my visa in 6 working days......I paid cash to the bank for my airline payment as I booked online

Chairman please how did you resolve your hotel booking? I am kinda finding it hard for the hotel to debit my Visa card. Thanks for your much anticipated response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:49am On Nov 18, 2016
Ndukaikenna:
\Boss, Please what time frame did you indicate on your visa form for your expected departure from Nigeria. I am wondering why it took 16 days
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by MamaTobenna: 4:51am On Nov 18, 2016
I think the time one intends to travel has something to do with when they respond cos I seem to know more people whose visas came out within one week of intended travel. What I don't get is if they check your application and say "oh it's still in 4 weeks" and then dump it to check for another whose date is close. Smh
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ndukaikenna: 6:10am On Nov 18, 2016
I think the time frame on my ticket reservation got something to do with when your visa will be out. I did a reservation with Southafrica airline for 20th been Sunday. And a paid hotel for 21th. I got a text on Thursday evening saying my doc is ready for pick up.
dame134:

\Boss, Please what time frame did you indicate on your visa form for your expected departure from Nigeria. I am wondering why it took 16 days
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 18, 2016
Ndukaikenna:
I think the time frame on my ticket reservation got something to do with when your visa will be out. I did a reservation with Southafrica airline for 20th been Sunday. And a paid hotel for 21th. I got a text on Thursday evening saying my doc is ready for pick up.

Thanks for your response boss. Please how did you pay for the Hotel? I am finding it hard to get an invoice of payment directly from the hotel... I am kinda confused on this 1
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ndukaikenna: 7:12am On Nov 18, 2016
My agent did that for me. I paid an agent 50k to arrange all documents. I only got my bank statement and reference letter from my bank also I did a yellow card with 1k at the Lagos airport I paid visa fee of #28,250. My bank statement of 6months add a closing balance of 2.2m and inflow of about 9m. And am a first time traveler.
dame134:

Thanks for your response boss. Please how did you pay for the Hotel? I am finding it hard to get an invoice of payment directly from the hotel... I am kinda confused on this 1
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:48am On Nov 18, 2016
ObenJoshua:
Hello, Please I, and two of my colleagues are working towards further study in SA, we were told that we need to do one year honors program because our certificates were obtained after 4 years, that said, we are planning to apply for honors program now, so with this please I have a few questions.. How much does it cost to process SA visa from start to finish, also what are the necessary requirements though I have read the stuffs on their website, because an agency asked us to bring 400 thousand naira each which I think is outrageous, also an agency (sisa) claims that they can get admission within 48 hours without we doing saqa, is this a reasonable thing to do. I will really appreciate your response(s) because the content here have been really helpful, and eye opening most importantly, thanks

You don't need an agent if you really want to study in SA.

All you need is to take a day out and read this thread and ask question when needed.

Those questions you asked above shows that you are not ready to crack it yourself.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 2grozz: 8:12am On Nov 18, 2016
[quote author=Ndukaikenna post=51128146]i dont know are to do that. [/

Nduka.....
Pls do not be offended
Pls can you list the documents you submitted for your visa application?
I am guessing its a tourist visa.
Help a brother out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 2grozz: 8:15am On Nov 18, 2016
justwise:

You don't need an agent if you really want to study in SA.

All you need is to take a day out and read this thread and ask question when needed.

Those questions you asked above shows that you are not ready to crack it yourself.

Hello justwise
I was hoping I can get the list documents needed for visa chopping for sa....
Like u did with the canadian thread.
Pls help us out....
I intend applying for a tourist visa...
Help out bro
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ndukaikenna: 8:40am On Nov 18, 2016
Both my documents and the one I got from my agent inculdes, my passport, yellow card, Southafrica airline ticket reservation(not paid), a paid hotel receipt for 9days, a letter from a company addressing me as there staff and they allowing me to go for vacation. Bank statement and reference letter from my bank with there stamp on it. 2m+ closing balance. That's all. I paid my agent 50k to get all this documents. [quote author=2grozz post=51134296][/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:38am On Nov 18, 2016
2grozz:

Hello justwise
I was hoping I can get the list documents needed for visa chopping for sa....
Like u did with the canadian thread.
Pls help us out....
I intend applying for a tourist visa...
Help out bro

Many have listed documents they used for tourist visa application here all you need is to read this thread.

Many questions and answers here have been repeated over and over again.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 9:49am On Nov 18, 2016
staggerlee:

No police report needed, but u need to get a clearance from your present school that you are not indebted to them in any way

I got to the VFS centre to submit my application for a change of condition - from UFS to Stellenbosch, but was shocked when the dude told me I had to include both SAPO clearance and Naija Pol. I haven't spent up to four months here! And I heard the SAPO clearance takes over a month... I need to be in school by Jan. Any suggestion my people?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 10:18am On Nov 18, 2016
stevetop:

I got to the VFS centre to submit my application for a change of condition - from UFS to Stellenbosch, but was shocked when the dude told me I had to include both SAPO clearance and Naija Pol. I haven't spent up to four months here! And I heard the SAPO clearance takes over a month... I need to be in school by Jan. Any suggestion my people?

Some of these vfs people don't know what to collect, you should have asked of the manager, you are not yet 6months so why do you need saps police clearance?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: Africankel(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.