Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1729000 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by KarisBright(f): 5:02pm On Nov 21, 2016
Thank you, I am grateful.
stevetop:

Yes Stellenbosch is racist, considering the fact that it was the intellectual bastion of Apartheid as a theory. However, racism here doesn't stop you from achieving excellence or getting what rightly accrues to you. Believe me, no one will victimise you - but if you are looking for a place where you want to be the darling of the whites, then choose another school. As a Nigerian in search of excellence, I presume, you should focus on what the intellectual environment offers - plus it is way safer than the Zulu enclaves grin

Cheers!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 7:54pm On Nov 21, 2016
stevetop:

Yes Stellenbosch is racist, considering the fact that it was the intellectual bastion of Apartheid as a theory. However, racism here doesn't stop you from achieving excellence or getting what rightly accrues to you. Believe me, no one will victimise you - but if you are looking for a place where you want to be the darling of the whites, then choose another school. As a Nigerian in search of excellence, I presume, you should focus on what the intellectual environment offers - plus it is way safer than the Zulu enclaves grin

Cheers!
Bros be careful when you make sensitive comments thousands of people in Nigeria and outside are reading .How did you arrive at ' Stellenbosch is a racist ?To say an academic institution is a racist is very fallacious statement.And you are resuming to the ' racist ' school January ? And this same school gives million of rand to black students .I spent time there I didn't see any racism . 2 .How did you conclude that Kwa Zulu is not safe ? Have you live there before or based on what you read online? .We have thousands of Nigerian living in Kwa Zulu and more than 30 on this forum and they are not facing any racist attack ,so far you are not coming to SA for drugs business and Yahoo you have nothing to fear just be security conscious . Let us be careful what we post here there are people from other countries reading comments .

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 8:33pm On Nov 21, 2016
Ariel20:

That's a good one.. I got my offer letter last month but I applied since May
after getting your offer letter what is the next step you took cos I read you may have to send the certified copies of those documents uploaded so how did you do yours
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by KarisBright(f): 10:33pm On Nov 21, 2016
Are you implying that I really have nothing to fear in Stellenbosch? I just want a place I can be comfortable in my own skin.
samuelUMOH:
Bros be careful when you make sensitive comments thousands of people in Nigeria and outside are reading .How did you arrive at ' Stellenbosch is a racist ?To say an academic institution is a racist is very fallacious statement.And you are resuming to the ' racist ' school January ? And this same school gives million of rand to black students .I spent time there I didn't see any racism . 2 .How did you conclude that Kwa Zulu is not safe ? Have you live there before or based on what you read online? .We have thousands of Nigerian living in Kwa Zulu and more than 30 on this forum and they are not facing any racist attack ,so far you are not coming to SA for drugs business and Yahoo you have nothing to fear just be security conscious . Let us be careful what we post here there are people from other countries reading comments .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 22, 2016
Hello all, I need to make some payments online in rand but it's pretty difficult cos of FX restrictions here.

Is there anyone willing to help in exchange for naira to be paid into their account.

I need about 6000rands.

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 10:20am On Nov 22, 2016
samuelUMOH:

You are the one sensationalising the issue. I gave hard evidence here, Stellenbosch was the seat of the apartheid intellectual movement. I am a researcher and I don't rely on online reportage for my conclusions - and I do take exception to that running of mouth. Read the history of Stellenbosch and you will get some education on that. The fees structure of Stellenbosch is designed to keep blacks out of there, as any thorough academic will know, the presence of black students, or the charity enjoyed doesn't obfuscate the presence of racism. And contrary to your opinion that I do not know about the schol, I have friends that have finished their Ph.Ds there, I was there for some months for a residency, and I can tell you alot about the place. As per the Zulu-Natal, it is a truth acknowledged by even South Africans - Check the place where Xenophobic attacks were rampart - Durban, check where fees must fall movement was most violent. If you took your time to read my submission before jumping on your high horse, you would have noticed that I advised the guy to focus on his study - wetin concern agbero with overload?

Abeg o!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Flyerik: 10:22am On Nov 22, 2016
Please i need clarity on some issues
1) I have been denied study visa once in Abuja high commission. Can i submit a fresh application at Lagos High commission without indicating i have been denied? P.S it's been a month since the denial

2)The section which says 'Have u been refused entry into SA' is it the same as been refused visa?

3) Any further advice on somebody seeking study visa for flight school would be appreciated

Expecting ur helpful replies
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 10:23am On Nov 22, 2016
KarisBright:
Are you implying that I really have nothing to fear in Stellenbosch? I just want a place I can be comfortable in my own skin.

Like I said, you have nothing to worry about, but don't expect a chummy equal relationship with the whites!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 10:26am On Nov 22, 2016
Hi people.
First of all. Racism is personal not collective. As far as I know, I've never met a racist since I came to Cape Town last year. The way you treat people is the same way you'll be treated.

To my question please for those in Cape Town. If you want a faster processing for study renewal which would you suggest? Go very early to Strand street or jejely follow appointment procedures at Absa building? Or does it not matter?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 10:49am On Nov 22, 2016
Kentrasso:
Hi people.
First of all. Racism is personal not collective. As far as I know, I've never met a racist since I came to Cape Town last year. The way you treat people is the same way you'll be treated.

To my question please for those in Cape Town. If you want a faster processing for study renewal which would you suggest? Go very early to Strand street or jejely follow appointment procedures at Absa building? Or does it not matter?

the same way there are no racists in U.S too... grin
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 11:16am On Nov 22, 2016
samuelUMOH:

Watch a documentary titled "Luister", maybe that will expose you a little to the underbelly of racism in Stellenbosch. Since we are used to being treated as second class citizens in Nigeria, we can't see racism even if it kicked us in the face tongue
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 12:15pm On Nov 22, 2016
Flyerik:
Please i need clarity on some issues
1) I have been denied study visa once in Abuja high commission. Can i submit a fresh application at Lagos High commission without indicating i have been denied? P.S it's been a month since the denial

2)The section which says 'Have u been refused entry into SA' is it the same as been refused visa?

3) Any further advice on somebody seeking study visa for flight school would be appreciatedYes u can resumbit but find out the reason for the first denial

Expecting ur helpful replies
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
Kentrasso:
Hi people.

Do you have all required documents ready? I can get you in without apointment in the 47 Strand street office
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HankVoight: 2:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
Kentrasso:
Hi people.

Book an appointment with VFS whose ABSA building office has reopened to submit your visa renewal application. Your priority should be to have all your documents ready by your appointment date.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 2:23pm On Nov 22, 2016
staggerlee:

Do you have all required documents ready? I can get you in without apointment in the 47 Strand street office

Yes everything is perfect. I have even done quality control at Absa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2016
Ariel20:
Who needs nairn in exchange for rand?

Hey I do. How much are you looking for?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ndukaikenna: 6:34pm On Nov 22, 2016
REFUSED ENTRY AND REFUSED VISA ARE NOT SAME. I WILL ADVICE YOU TO INCLUDE THAT IN YOUR INTRODUCTION LETTER. THEY MUST HAVE ALL THE PASSPORT NUMBERS THEY REFUSED ON THERE DATA BASE. BE IT LAGOS OR ABUJA, THEY ARE ALL UNDER ON DATA BASE. [quote author=samuelUMOH post=51264725][/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 7:03pm On Nov 22, 2016
@ Ariel20
I can help you pay for it. How much are you paying in naira and how do you want it done?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:07pm On Nov 22, 2016
Just walk down to the mall at Park station. You can get BDC's right there. Regards
olystic:
Please who knows where I can change dollar to rand in Johannesburg, I am at barmmeforien.
Some where at de korte str
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:10pm On Nov 22, 2016
Putting that aside, it's one of the best schools in SA and that should be very key in making a decision to study there or not.
stevetop:

Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 5:46am On Nov 23, 2016
Biko people who got their study visa renewal under two weeks in Cape Town how did you do it?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 5:48am On Nov 23, 2016
HankVoight:

Book an appointment with VFS whose ABSA building office has reopened to submit your visa renewal application. Your priority should be to have all your documents ready by your appointment date.

How long will it take to process?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 7:50am On Nov 23, 2016
I'm tired of these people honestly. I think I will just go and do the renewal in Nigeria. I will refund my payment and go.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 23, 2016
infofta:
@ Ariel20
I can help you pay for it. How much are you paying in naira and how do you want it done?

Thank you so much...I already made the payment through an alternative platfotm but I'd keep a tab on you for subsequent rand need.

Kentrasso:

Hey I do. How much are you looking for?

Thanks Kentrasso...I would definitely some soonest and would get in touch.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by fahila: 1:43pm On Nov 23, 2016
Hi,
Please I'm going to Cape Town, SA in February 2017 for an 11 month internship with a church, the internship is unpaid so it's more like I'm volunteering but the church calls it an internship anyway. I've gone through several SA visa information sites but I'm confused on which visa category I fall under. Can anyone help with that please? Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 2:28pm On Nov 23, 2016
@ fahila
South Africa has temporarily resident visa known as volunteer visitors visa which is valid for up to 3 years. Your church must provide registration documents, 3 months bank statements, CIPRO and your contract or employment letter.
It is difficult now to get any work related visa outside South Africa.
My advice, get a visitors visa for 30 days after you arrive tell the Church to provide you with the above documents and apply inside South Africa. You have a better chance this way.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 2:56pm On Nov 23, 2016
Kentrasso:
I'm tired of these people honestly. I think I will just go and do the renewal in Nigeria. I will refund my payment and go.
Kentrasso:
[The process is very simple and easy ,book appointment and within 2days u submit .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HankVoight: 8:52pm On Nov 23, 2016
Kentrasso:

How long will it take to process?

The fact is once you submit your renewal application, you are not allowed to leave the country pending your visa outcome.

If you leave for Nigeria to renew there, just make sure you go with your SA police clearance. Kindly note that the SA consulates stop collecting applications early December. So please inquire before you make the trip.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ObenJoshua(m): 8:49am On Nov 24, 2016
ObenJoshua:
Hello, Please I, and two of my colleagues are working towards further study in SA,...... bah blah blah

well, thanks for the responses..
Now we have packed the agency aside, and are following the normal process, we have applied for SAQA and are about to mail our documents to SA,
stuffs we sent are:
Notarized copy of WAEC result, School(BSc.) Certificate, and data page of International passport, also, the SAQA consent form, application form, and the account payment example page ( or something like that sha), the package will be sent today, but there is something I want to ask about that, are we to put a WAEC scratch card with the package or should we just send it like that?

And also, we are hoping to get the SAQA evaluation soon enough, Could we still make any admission this year or early next year
I have been googling since and I am kinda tired, please does anyone have any suggestions on schools that are still open for January application..
thanks, and don't mind the long story....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by irisbookclub: 12:20pm On Nov 24, 2016
Anyone traveling to Lagos Nigeria from Capetown this month? Pls, pls kindly respond, your assistance is needed. Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by irisbookclub: 8:12pm On Nov 24, 2016
irisbookclub:
Anyone traveling to Lagos Nigeria from Capetown this month? Pls, pls kindly respond, your assistance is needed. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.