Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1746650 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (917) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by feoornik: 8:10pm On Nov 08, 2016
Hi Everyone

Please I want to know;

How much the application fee for study permit cost presently?

Thanks in advance.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 08, 2016
2fine2fast:
Hello house.
I just got PhD admission at DUT in Durban.
However I need to submit proof of residence
in addition to other documents for my study visa
application. My friend who is a PhD student in UKZN
says there is no problem with me staying with him
for a while but that he is not eligible to issue that particular letter of residence to me.
He tried getting it over there and he couldn't. My supervisor too has also started sounding as if I'm
bothering her too much and I no way oyinbo wahala.
It's the Letter I need, my friend is ready to take me in.
Please I need a way forward, assistance, advice pls.
Thanks in anticipation.
PLS EPP ME angry

Get residence letter from school.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 10:42pm On Nov 08, 2016
2fine2fast:
Hello house.
I just got PhD admission at DUT in Durban.
However I need to submit proof of residence
in addition to other documents for my study visa
application. My friend who is a PhD student in UKZN
says there is no problem with me staying with him
for a while but that he is not eligible to issue that particular letter of residence to me.
He tried getting it over there and he couldn't. My supervisor too has also started sounding as if I'm
bothering her too much and I no way oyinbo wahala.
It's the Letter I need, my friend is ready to take me in.
Please I need a way forward, assistance, advice pls.
Thanks in anticipation.
PLS EPP ME angry
An on the same issue bro so I guess am left with writing the embassy a letter stating I've applied for accommodation and I'll get accommodation when I get there
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 9:44am On Nov 09, 2016
wine4dguy:

An on the same issue bro so I guess am left with writing the embassy a letter stating I've applied for accommodation and I'll get accommodation when I get there
This is not tenable Embassy won't entertain such excuses .Let your friend in SA draft letter stating you will b staying with him and attached utility bill in his name and passport data page .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Olaoke16(m): 10:32am On Nov 09, 2016
femiaction:
Hello bros try to do ND and HND. Thanks

Thank You bro. I really appreciate you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 2grozz: 10:42am On Nov 09, 2016
Hello guys,
Top of the day to you all.
Its a great service you guys are doing In here. Some of us really do appreciate.
Quick one: I intend doing a very short program in SA (nebosh) which isnt more than 3weeks.
Pls what is the best way to go about it?
What am i expected to do?
I earnestly wait for a reply, thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 10:50am On Nov 09, 2016
samuelUMOH:
This is not tenable Embassy won't entertain such excuses .Let your friend in SA draft letter stating you will b staying with him and attached utility bill in his name and passport data page .
you are the best bro... I have his utility bill and will do just as you've said. how could I not have thought of that.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by MamaTobenna: 10:54am On Nov 09, 2016
Dare834:
Dear All,

I would like to travel to South Africa for holiday with my wife in December, one of the requirements I saw was a confirmed flight ticket and a booked hotel.

I wouldn't like to pay for this and get my visa rejected, please advise on what I can do in order to get the visa.
for the airline, I used a travel agent attached to my office so I didn't pay, for hotel, just use a hotel that you can cancel without being penalized just in case the visa is denied. You would still need a card though but at least u won't be charged except u don't cancel by the day stipulated. Read the terms well
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 2grozz: 12:39pm On Nov 09, 2016
Hello guys,
Its a great service you guys are doing In here. Some of us really do appreciate.
Quick one: I intend doing a very short program in SA (nebosh) which isnt more than 3weeks.
I earnestly wait for a reply, thank you...
Still waiting for response pls
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 1:19pm On Nov 09, 2016
wine4dguy:

you are the best bro... I have his utility bill and will do just as you've said. how could I not have thought of that.
Before stuff like this was hard but recent development shows it is easier with utility bill and well accepted . The letter can be in Form
of tenant and landlord agreement .( you the tenant and your host landlord ). Like this format :

This is to certify that Mr ...... With passport number ....has been allocated a room in above mentioned flat .This will enable him to pursue his postgraduate studies with full concentration .The monthly rent will be R2000 and a lease agreement signed for 6 months .
Regards
Full signature here )
Ajala Trump
Landlord .
Note : Two to 3 pages lease agreement should be attached .Any utility bill from Dstv to house rent in the of your host will be okay
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 1:22pm On Nov 09, 2016
2grozz:
Hello guys,
I earnestly wait for a reply, thank you...
Still waiting for response pls
Apply to the school via website.
Find out requirement from the school .
Lastly find out if you will need study permit for 3weeks course
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 3:39pm On Nov 09, 2016
samuelUMOH:
Before stuff like this was hard but recent development shows it is easier with utility bill and well accepted . The letter can be in Form
of tenant and landlord agreement .( you the tenant and your host landlord ). Like this format :

This is to certify that Mr ...... With passport number ....has been allocated a room in above mentioned flat .This will enable him to pursue his postgraduate studies with full concentration .The monthly rent will be R2000 and a lease agreement signed for 6 months .
Regards
Full signature here )
Ajala Trump
Landlord .
Note : Two to 3 pages lease agreement should be attached .Any utility bill from Dstv to house rent in the of your host will be okay
Ok but he is my uncle so he wrote and signed the letter in an uncle-nephew manner stating it's his residential home how about that? I attached his utility bill and the vfs official confirmed its ok
And again they said his copy of passport need be certified how is that done
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 2grozz: 4:12pm On Nov 09, 2016
samuelUMOH:

Apply to the school via website.
Find out requirement from the school .
Lastly find out if you will need study permit for 3weeks course

Thank you very much!
I have contacted the school.
They do not need a study permit and also I met the school's requirement.
They informed me that they do not concern themselves with visa application.
So what do you advise?
Do I apply for a tourist visa or what?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by loveourlagos(f): 7:10pm On Nov 09, 2016
2grozz:

Thank you very much!
I have contacted the school.
They do not need a study permit and also I met the school's requirement.
They informed me that they do not concern themselves with visa application.
So what do you advise?
Do I apply for a tourist visa or what?

Simply apply for a tourist visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 8:25pm On Nov 09, 2016
wine4dguy:

Ok but he is my uncle so he wrote and signed the letter in an uncle-nephew manner stating it's his residential home how about that? I attached his utility bill and the vfs official confirmed its ok
And again they said his copy of passport need be certified how is that done
Let him take the passport data page and utility to post office or police station for certification. he knows what to do .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevetop(m): 3:40am On Nov 10, 2016
[quote author=samuelUMOH post=50905656]Let him take the passport data page and utility to post office or police station for certification. he knows what to do .[/quote

If he writes as your uncle the embassy will get suspicious, especially if you are older than 21years. Let him write it in form of a lease agreement. I advise that you get a letter from your school's accommodation though. That doesn't involve any drama.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 7:49am On Nov 10, 2016
samuelUMOH:
Let him take the passport data page and utility to post office or police station for certification. he knows what to do .
He has done that thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 7:57am On Nov 10, 2016
@stevetop I have written the school and even called to get the letter of provisional accommodation but they've not been responsive they said the accommodation decision comes out by December so I can't wait
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 10, 2016
Hello everyone, I just secured an admission into Stellenbosh University & I'm looking to commence study by January 2017.

However, I am having issues paying the initial fees with my debit card.

Who has experienced same and how did you resolve it?

Warm Regards.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 7:17pm On Nov 10, 2016
[quote author=Ariel20 post=50928573]Hello everyone, I just secured an admission into Stellenbosh University & I'm looking to commence study by January 2017.

However, I am having issues paying the initial fees with my debit card.

Who has experienced same and how did you resolve it?You are not expected to pay school fees while in Nigeria ,unless if it was stated in your admission letter.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 10, 2016
[quote author=samuelUMOH post=50931986][/quote]

This is only to secure my position on the programme and Yes it was stated in the letter.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Teed89: 10:47pm On Nov 10, 2016
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jsben(m): 10:57pm On Nov 10, 2016
P
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bigerboy200: 11:07pm On Nov 10, 2016
jsben:
Please, is it necessary to evaluate WAEC result or just B.Sc (certificate and transript) and M.Sc (certificate and transcript) through SAQA for PhD application?
Evaluate only ur Msc....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 10, 2016
@SamuelUMOH..I decided to read through from thread 1 till date. I have only become more confused. I need you to help clarify on this SAQA I have been seeing everywhere.
Is it required to secure a study permit?

Also, if I'm paying myself , what's the minimum amount that should be in the account to avoid a denial.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jsben(m): 11:46pm On Nov 10, 2016
bigerboy200:

Evaluate only ur Msc....
Thank you...I will appreciate more clarification from you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 6:39am On Nov 11, 2016
Teed89:
Hello House, thank you for the help you guys have been rendering here... It's AWESOME I must say. @Justwise, Solo, samuelUMOH, ify...

Yes, Now I want to apply for a tourist SA visa and I'm confused after reading the thread... I must say this and I need clarification on it. I have been to Dubai and I did it all myself. I didn't pay for my hotel until I arrived Dubai. But here I guess it's a different thing. I have made a booking with conformation at the hotel but I didn't pay.

My number 1 question... Must I pay for 1 day for mu VISA to be granted ? or all I just need is a confirmed booking?

I have a personal business I run... Sells gadget, phone and computers... aside from my office work. All road leads to success (LOL) so I multi task myself and money must be made. I have an issue right now I also need clarification on this please. My brother just made a credit transfer to me of 1million to make office supplies for his customer. I have a debit of 500K out of my account to buy the supplies in bits and do the rest as I have time during the weekend. I don't have a business account. I run all with my personal/salary account I also have a store with Konga and I do little bis there for more than 20 months now.

My number 2 question is that I hope the VISA officer doesn't look at me that I did that because I want to apply for a visa?

Note: I will be submitting my application tomorrow.

If I got any issue with any, kindly assist me with idea of remedy if I'm wrong.

See, to be on the safer side please pay for yor hotel it saves you more money at the end of the day. As per your bank statement don't stress, I hope heavy deposits in your accounts are regular not one off. Like in the past 6 months, how many times have you rec'd huge deposits? I hope its not just this one million your brother paid in! If there are others in the past 6 months pls print a 6 months bank statement.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 2grozz: 7:10am On Nov 11, 2016
Good morning guys
Would it be an offence to have a tourist visa and then undergo a training during ones spell as a tourist?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 7:38am On Nov 11, 2016
Ariel20:
@SamuelUMOH..I decided to read through from thread 1 till date. I have only become more confused. I need you to help clarify on this SAQA I have been seeing everywhere.
Is it required to secure a study permit?

Also, if I'm paying myself , what's the minimum amount that should be in the account to avoid a denial.

Thanks .
Stellenbosch University do not require Saqa evaluation ,however the visa officer atimes mqy ask for saqa certificate .I have seen people who got permit without saqa certificate and at the same time some people were turned back .Go there and submit your application . For bank statement at least 1milion .You can use any family member or friend as sponsor if you don't have up to 1million .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Olaoke16(m): 7:47am On Nov 11, 2016
bigerboy200:

Evaluate only ur Msc....

Evaluate both ur Bsc. and Msc.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Teed89: 7:49am On Nov 11, 2016
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bigerboy200: 8:00am On Nov 11, 2016
Olaoke16:

Evaluate both ur Bsc. and Msc.
No...If u r coming for Msc,then SAQA must evaluate ur Bsc,but for PhD, it ur Msc that must be evaluated..

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (917) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.