Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,284 members, 7,811,838 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1728934 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 2:10pm On Nov 25, 2016
I got my study visa today.. .Thank you to all the gurus in the house: UMOH, OPARA, and every one who makes input here in one way or the other... Applied in vfs portharcourt it took 2weeks. All thanks to the mods cheers
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by danshy: 2:24pm On Nov 25, 2016
hi guys,
can I pay for the med aid using a uba MasterCard? And what does the exchange rate looks like?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by danshy: 2:24pm On Nov 25, 2016
hi guys,
can I pay for the med aid using a uba MasterCard? And what does the exchange rate looks like?

this is urgent please.

cc
justwise
SamuelUmoh
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by penitential(m): 3:09pm On Nov 25, 2016
Which schools and what program please?
wine4dguy:
I got my study visa today.. .Thank you to all the gurus in the house: UMOH, OPARA, and every one who makes input here in one way or the other... Applied in vfs portharcourt it took 2weeks. All thanks to the mods cheers

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by fahila: 4:15pm On Nov 25, 2016
Oh wow, this is more complicated than I thought.
Is it that I can't get it here or SA is just the best option?
Can I provide my own bank statement to show money for maintenance and not the church? it's a really big church I don't know if they're okay with releasing their bank statement but I know I can get the other documents from them.
Also, I'd like if you can help me with the form number. The one I've seen is DHA-1738 which is for work.
Thank you.
infofta:
@ fahila
South Africa has temporarily resident visa known as volunteer visitors visa which is valid for up to 3 years. Your church must provide registration documents, 3 months bank statements, CIPRO and your contract or employment letter.
It is difficult now to get any work related visa outside South Africa.
My advice, get a visitors visa for 30 days after you arrive tell the Church to provide you with the above documents and apply inside South Africa. You have a better chance this way.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 6:56pm On Nov 25, 2016
penitential:
Which schools and what program please?
WITS aeronautical engineering

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 25, 2016
wine4dguy:

Congrats
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by penitential(m): 7:16pm On Nov 25, 2016
Applied to the same wits but yet to receive offer letter. Although I applied to 300level of civil engineering though.
wine4dguy:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 7:45pm On Nov 25, 2016
Ariel20:

Congrats
thanks dear what course are you going for
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by royalkonsults(m): 8:01pm On Nov 25, 2016
hello guys,
has anyone gotten admission letter from University of Johannesburg, Unizulu or university of Kwazulu for phd for next year session? i applied but i have not received admission letter from any.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 8:03pm On Nov 25, 2016
@ Fahila
If you apply for temporarily resident visa for any work related activities from Nigeria, there is high chances the visa will be denied.
There are people already in south Africa who can do the work you are going for.
You can only get a work visa if you qualify under critical skills.
So, apply for a visitors visa to attend Church Programme or conference. Use the church documents and your bank statement.
Or apply for a visitors visa as a Tourist if you have good bank balance.
All the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 25, 2016
wine4dguy:
thanks dear what course are you going for

Renewable Energy

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 10:36pm On Nov 25, 2016
danshy:
hi guys,

this is urgent please.

cc
justwise
SamuelUmoh
You can pay but no sure .Confirm the rate online
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by danshy: 7:15am On Nov 26, 2016
samuelUMOH:
You can pay but no sure .Confirm the rate online

thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 8:50am On Nov 26, 2016
royalkonsults:
hello guys,
has anyone gotten admission letter from University of Johannesburg, Unizulu or university of Kwazulu for phd for next year session? i applied but i have not received admission letter from any.
Most of the schools are writing exams and postgraduate officers very busy but lastest first week of December they will contact you depending on your discipline .Make sure u do proper follow up .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Khez: 8:53am On Nov 26, 2016
What's your definition of good balance bro? Pls kindly give me a break down of what i need to provide to the embassy just to apply for a 5days visiting visa, going with my cousin brother, I work, but I'm not sure i want them to know where I'm going, but my cousin doesn't work
Pls kindly mention all i need to gather as to submit right and get the visa, we intend going next year.

Thanks alot.
infofta:
@ Fahila
If you apply for temporarily resident visa for any work related activities from Nigeria, there is high chances the visa will be denied.
There are people already in south Africa who can do the work you are going for.
You can only get a work visa if you qualify under critical skills.
So, apply for a visitors visa to attend Church Programme or conference. Use the church documents and your bank statement.
Or apply for a visitors visa as a Tourist if you have good bank balance.
All the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 8:56am On Nov 26, 2016
fahila:
Oh wow, this is more complicated than I thought.
Is it that I can't get it here or SA is just the best option?
Can I provide my own bank statement to show money for maintenance and not the church? it's a really big church I don't know if they're okay with releasing their bank statement but I know I can get the other documents from them.
Also, I'd like if you can help me with the form number. The one I've seen is DHA-1738 which is for work.
Thank you.Since your Church is aware apply for VOLUNTARY PERMIT ( issued within 10days ) in Nigeria .That is the only permit that u can get easily for the internship . This implies the church must give u bank statement and a letter stating clearly you are a member and u will return after the program .Coming to SA with visitor visa with the hope to stay for 11months will not be possible .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 8:58am On Nov 26, 2016
Ariel20:

Renewable Energy
Come with your foodstuff the prices of Nigerian foodstuffs are very high otherwise chips and chicken will be your companion.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 26, 2016
samuelUMOH:
Come with your foodstuff the prices of Nigerian foodstuffs are very high otherwise chips and chicken will be your companion.

Lmao..I don't want to be fat so I'd come with foodstuffs
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by fahila: 9:58am On Nov 26, 2016
@samuelUMOH
Okay thanks, cos it seems risky going on a visitors visa then trying to apply from SA, I want to do the right thing.
What's the form for the voluntary permit? And would it be valid for 11months?thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 12:38pm On Nov 26, 2016
fahila:
@samuelUMOH
Okay thanks, cos it seems risky going on a visitors visa then trying to apply from SA, I want to do the right thing.
What's the form for the voluntary permit? And would it be valid for 11months?thanks.
Check their website valid for 1 - 3 years depending on consular approval
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 12:40pm On Nov 26, 2016
Ariel20:

Lmao..I don't want to be fat so I'd come with foodstuffs
because chicken cheaper and tempting .....I doubt if u wil ovrcome the temptation
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 1:30pm On Nov 26, 2016
@ Khez
If you are going for tourism you must provide employment letter, paid hotel reservation, Yellow card, 3 months bank statement with a minimum of 500k. You must run the account for the 3 months. There are factors that will determine your success, your nature of work, how much you earn, your bank balance, if you are married or single etc. If you apply for 5 days, there will be a condition on the visa which will not allow you to stay more than 5 days.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 1:46pm On Nov 26, 2016
@ fehila
A volunteer work visa is also a type of work visa. If you are successful, it will be indicated on the visa that you are a visitor, working for xx Church as a volunteer. It's valid for 1-3 years.
If you are not applying for critical skills, It's hard to get any work related permit from Nigeria.
Read more on:
http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/types-of-temp-res-permits
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by fahila: 5:16pm On Nov 26, 2016
@infofta

Okay thanks, but my problem is that is it allowed for me to do that? Start with a visiting then try to get work, won't that seem suspicious?
What if I'm now denied when I'm already there, isn't it better it's denied here and I inform the church ahead and save my money than make arrangements and I'm denied there and waste rent and ticket money. I understand your reasons but who's to say if I would be denied or not.
infofta:
@ fehila
A volunteer work visa is also a type of work visa. If you are successful, it will be indicated on the visa that you are a visitor, working for xx Church as a volunteer. It's valid for 1-3 years.
If you are not applying for critical skills, It's hard to get any work related permit from Nigeria.
Read more on:
http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/types-of-temp-res-permits
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 6:05pm On Nov 26, 2016
@ fahila
I know few people who tried the same thing and was denied. They later came on visitors visa.
You can try your case might be different.
But make sure the church sends you proper documentation which include, contract of employment stating it's a voluntary work without pay. Your ability to meet living expenses while in the country. In the form of bank statements from you or, and your employer. Registration documents of the employer, and other supporting documents.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by fahila: 8:52pm On Nov 26, 2016
@infofta

Alright thanks I'll give it a try, hopefully things go well.
Also is it possible to use my mom's account? I'm 21, I recently finished school so I don't have a "fat account". I just want to take a year off to volunteer now before life starts cos once I start working I might never get the time and opportunity again.
infofta:
@ fahila
I know few people who tried the same thing and was denied. They later came on visitors visa.
You can try your case might be different.
But make sure the church sends you proper documentation which include, contract of employment stating it's a voluntary work without pay. Your ability to meet living expenses while in the country. In the form of bank statements from you or, and your employer. Registration documents of the employer, and other supporting documents.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 9:13pm On Nov 26, 2016
fahila:
@infofta

Alright thanks I'll give it a try, hopefully things go well.
Also is it possible to use my mom's account? I'm 21, I recently finished school so I don't have a "fat account". I just want to take a year off to volunteer now before life starts cos once I start working I might never get the time and opportunity again.

Been following your request concerning your volunteer job opportunity in SA. What I will say is since your church is a big church like you said, I think they should have a protocol office that should handle all your travel documentation, you shouldn't be the one looking for a visa up and down. If they can't give you necessary documents for your application, they should handle it themselves. You are going to work for them for free so they should at least get you your visa. #myopinion

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Khez: 9:20pm On Nov 26, 2016
Hmmmmmm
Thanks a lot, but what if i have more money than how much i earn,and must i mention i work before I'd be granted visa? Can't anything about my work step aside?
infofta:
@ Khez
If you are going for tourism you must provide employment letter, paid hotel reservation, Yellow card, 3 months bank statement with a minimum of 500k. You must run the account for the 3 months. There are factors that will determine your success, your nature of work, how much you earn, your bank balance, if you are married or single etc. If you apply for 5 days, there will be a condition on the visa which will not allow you to stay more than 5 days.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by fahila: 9:40pm On Nov 26, 2016
Exactly what I was thinking until I spoke with them. They explained that they have so many volunteers from different countries and all these countries have different requirements so in order not to mislead people they ask you to find out everything your country requires and they are ready to provide you with whatever you need. I think that's reasonable enough.
staggerlee:

Been following your request concerning your volunteer job opportunity in SA. What I will say is since your church is a big church like you said, I think they should have a protocol office that should handle all your travel documentation, you shouldn't be the one looking for a visa up and down. If they can't give you necessary documents for your application, they should handle it themselves. You are going to work for them for free so they should at least get you your visa. #myopinion
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 9:45pm On Nov 26, 2016
[quote author=irisbookclub post=51340240][/quote]

Next month
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 7:55am On Nov 27, 2016
@samuelUMOH i want to travel this December but my school resumes January. How do they View this in POE

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.