Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,340 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1733564 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by educsam245: 2:57am On Jul 26, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for being here to assist. Please, I need your help.

I am a Nigerian currently studying at a South African university for my PhD. I plan to get married to a Nigerian lady (who is currently in nigeria) before the end of this year. I hold a south african study permit which expires in 2019. Please, specifically:

(i) minimum of how much should I have in my south african bank account to be able to apply for a spouse accompanying visa after I am married?

(ii) does the south african embassy in nigeria accept a church marriage certificate or it is compulsory we have a registry marriage certificate?

I would really appreciate your contributions.

Thanking you all.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by educsam245: 3:02am On Jul 26, 2017
Hello,

Please, does SAQA accept a print out copy of a certified international passport page?

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:05am On Jul 26, 2017
educsam245:
Hello Everyone,

I am a Nigerian currently studying at a South African university for my PhD. I plan to get married to a Nigerian lady (who is currently in nigeria) before the end of this year. I hold a south african study permit which expires in 2019. Please, specifically:

(i) minimum of how much should I have in my south african bank account to be able to apply for a spouse accompanying visa after I am married?

(ii) does the south african embassy in nigeria accept a church marriage certificate or it is compulsory we have a registry marriage certificate?

Thanking you all.

Go to court for registry marriage certificate does not cost much . 5krand should be okay so far there is inflow of cash in and out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:06am On Jul 26, 2017
adeniyy01:
I got my passport back today nd was denied " document lack credibility nd unconvincing... this is the second time.. what can I do again.. it seems my agent don't know much abt this sef. Am tired
Why are you using agent sir ? Most agents use dubious document .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by shineforth: 8:07am On Jul 26, 2017
educsam245:
Hello Everyone,

Thanking you all.

hello,

from my own successful experience on this visa category..... I will advice u use a court marriage certificate( its the standard for most embassies) for Nigerians.... then you must earn at least R8500 monthly ... the amount on your statement doesn't really matter if its not below 10k rands and there must be sufficient inflow and outflow.. with your minimum salary of at least R8500 indicated on your statement monthly will suffice. All the best

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by xpress101(m): 9:03am On Jul 26, 2017
Bro plus stop using agent for anything again. You can list all your documents here and guys will assist you. My friend use agent and was banned from entry south Africa. Even myself, agent scare me cos he wanted to collect 150k from me but I refused and submitted what I have and prayed. I got the visa and now in South Africa. Me and my brother didn't use agents and we both got our visa to study.
Note this:
Now the embassy call the banks and the owner of the accounts. A friend wife was applying and got a call from bank asking for the balance on his account to be sure it tally with what was submitted in his statement. Due to that, she was refused. Am talking about 2 weeks ago.
Anyone that needs info should contact me or what'sapp me on 07030597178 (roamed naija lIne)

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by educsam245: 9:11am On Jul 26, 2017
[quote author=shineforth post=58838784][/quote]

Thanks Shineforth. I am not working and for my PhD, I am using NRF of 120k per annum. Please, do you think that might be considered in place of 8.5k rands per month?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by educsam245: 9:15am On Jul 26, 2017
samtol4:
Go to court for registry marriage certificate does not cost much . 5krand should be okay so far there is inflow of cash in and out

Thanks samt. ..I am not working and for my PhD, I am using NRF of 120k per annum. Please, do you think that might be considered in place of monthly salary as the evidence of sufficient finance.?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by antzlaive(m): 9:19am On Jul 26, 2017
educsam245:
Hello Everyone,

Thanking you all.

Depends on the church certificate, Catholic, Anglican,Methodist and Lutheran is honoured, otherwise use the registry certificate.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by welf99: 9:31am On Jul 26, 2017
adeniyy01:
I got my passport back today nd was denied " document lack credibility nd unconvincing... this is the second time.. what can I do again.. it seems my agent don't know much abt this sef. Am tired

Stop using agent. do it yourself. You also need to prove to the embassy that your previous documents submitted are genuine and credible. The burden of prove is on you for any future applications. However if you don't have the requirements for the category of visa sought for, it is better you consider not applying till you can confidently meet the requirements yourself.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by welf99: 9:38am On Jul 26, 2017
intrinsicniyi:
Hi guys!

Good morning and trust everyone is doing very fine.

I have a question: I'm in Johannesburg and I wish to ask, what are d ways to quickly get a student job or something to do in J'burg? I'm a Masters student at the University of Johannesburg.

Thanks as I anticipate a good response.

Regards,

Niyi.

Hello, you can contact the international student office at UJ or just walk in...the office is best to guide you. Also ensure you follow closely programmes organised by that office.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by larrywax: 9:43am On Jul 26, 2017
Yes, that's exactly what's expected of you.
educsam245:
Hello,

Please, does SAQA accept a print out copy of a certified international passport page?

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by educsam245: 9:58am On Jul 26, 2017
larrywax:
Yes, that's exactly what's expected of you.

Thanks Larry, the owner of the document actually certified, scanned and email me the copy. So I wanted to know if that print that it would be acceptable.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by intrinsicniyi(m): 10:10am On Jul 26, 2017
welf99:

Hello, you can contact the international student office at UJ or just walk in...the office is best to guide you. Also ensure you follow closely programmes organised by that office.

Thanks so much for the insight. I'll do just that.

Regards,

Niyi.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 12:37pm On Jul 26, 2017
intrinsicniyi:
Hi guys!

Good morning and trust everyone is doing very fine.

I have a question: I'm in Johannesburg and I wish to ask, what are d ways to quickly get a student job or something to do in J'burg? I'm a Masters student at the University of Johannesburg.

Thanks as I anticipate a good response.

Regards,

Niyi.

Bro, just ask any African foreigners studying there where they do work-study.

You should be able to be a facilitator or Tutor that will earn you some money to sustain. Around R2000/month for Msc and above for PhD tutors.

Just do your Tax clearance from SARS, next semester would soon be on, so better u start the process now so u get to teach year 1 introductory to science courses, or practicals.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by shineforth: 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2017
educsam245:

Thanks Shineforth. I am not working and for my PhD, I am using NRF of 120k per annum. Please, do you think that might be considered in place of 8.5k rands per month?

OK great.. that will suffice if u can provide proof of funding and registration as a Phd student in your school.... pls use marriage certificate from registry (my 2cent)..all d best!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cornoil(m): 3:06pm On Jul 26, 2017
is 1.5 million naira okay for available balance in account statement for south African visa application?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:53pm On Jul 26, 2017
educsam245:

Thanks samt. ..I am not working and for my PhD, I am using NRF of 120k per annum. Please, do you think that might be considered in place of monthly salary as the evidence of sufficient finance.?
120k is quiet huge and sufficient
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by shineforth: 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2017
cornoil:
is 1.5 million naira okay for available balance in account statement for south African visa application?

1.5m might not be sufficient if you don't have good inflow and outflow records on the statement... inflow and outflow is more primary than what u have as the balance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by intrinsicniyi(m): 7:37pm On Jul 26, 2017
Thecassanova:

Bro, just ask any African foreigners studying there where they do work-study.

You should be able to be a facilitator or Tutor that will earn you some money to sustain. Around R2000/month for Msc and above for PhD tutors.

Just do your Tax clearance from SARS, next semester would soon be on, so better u start the process now so u get to teach year 1 introductory to science courses, or practicals.

Hi,

Thanks for your response. You just dropped 2 options & I appreciate. I shall follow through.

Regards,

Niyi.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by larrywax: 6:42am On Jul 27, 2017
I'm not too sure of "scanned, email copies". Let him just send the hard copy of the certified docs through Nipost if he's not too buoyant... U should get it in like 5days or so & it can be tracked online. I heard they are more effective now.
educsam245:

Thanks Larry, the owner of the document actually certified, scanned and email me the copy. So I wanted to know if that print that it would be acceptable.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iWise(m): 7:10am On Jul 27, 2017
lobami:
@iwise, i am in westville, i will need that R6k

let's deal then. Please pm me so we can make the necessary arrangements.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adeniyy01: 11:54am On Jul 27, 2017
Please, how can I write to prove my documents are credible to the embassy.. do I need to see a lawyer or I should do it myself? I met those girls @ VSF requesting N30k to help me. Am scared of another scam. Advice please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nengiblak: 3:15pm On Jul 27, 2017
xreal:

Hmm?
Why not let him visit you here first/instead.

Anyway invitation letter and all will be of help IF he is a South African, and an adult.
he has been he b4...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 3:58pm On Jul 27, 2017
educsam245:

You can use that. The most important is your school replying SAQA via email when the time comes.

Even if he send original certificate without authentication from Registrar or student record/academic office they wouldn't process it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 4:11pm On Jul 27, 2017
adeniyy01:
Please, how can I write to prove my documents are credible to the embassy.. do I need to see a lawyer or I should do it myself? I met those girls @ VSF requesting N30k to help me. Am scared of another scam. Advice please
I saw your previous post of denial, at this point you should be concern about doing it yourself because you've nothing to loss. Worse you get denied again.

Your agent probably used some false documentation. Ask him what he included. Then write the letter yourself stating clearly what happened with all the documents. But I advice you wait for few months.

If I may ask, what type of visa you applied for ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adeniyy01: 9:59pm On Jul 27, 2017
I applied for tourist/ visiting visa.. please do have appeal format that I can use to write the letter please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tiife: 6:39am On Jul 29, 2017
good morning, please am a graduate of college of health science and technology in ekiti state, can I use my transcript to study radiography in S.A??
can I also scan my passport and send it over because I have someone that can help me there?,and is it saqa that will provide for the school I will be admitted?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by alausa11: 6:25pm On Jul 29, 2017
intrinsicniyi:

Hello, Good day and trust you're doing very fine. I can't really say what d visa processing timeframe is as it varies for MSc & Phd applicants. E.g. I applied on d same day with 2 other PhD applicants, their visa came out a week b4 mine. #Technically, prepare for atmost 15 working days (...this is jst a plausible timeline, it can be lesser).

Wish you a successful visa application.
please house how do i go about medical insurance, am left left with only this in submitting my application. need reply ASAP
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by intrinsicniyi(m): 8:00pm On Jul 29, 2017
alausa11:

please house how do i go about medical insurance, am left left with only this in submitting my application. need reply ASAP

You'll need to go momentum.co.za.

I can help you with it though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: bobodudu100, melicent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.