Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,806 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1733562 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eben1991: 7:46pm On Aug 07, 2017
justwise:

What qualification do you have already?

Just my Bsc in International Relations with a CGPA of 3.32

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:14pm On Aug 07, 2017
eben1991:

Just my Bsc in International Relations with a CGPA of 3.32

Check the school requirement for masters application

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by theHanafis(m): 9:03pm On Aug 07, 2017
justwise:

You needed to add the scholarship letter and all other documents related to that scholarship.

You also need to add a breakdown of the cost of the trip..cost of ticket, hotel, transport and feeding etc.

Doing that will give you an idea about the cost of the trip.

You also need a letter from your daddy permitting you to use and spend the money in that account.

Thank you @Justwise for the clarification. I will attach my admission and scholarship letter as you said.

Can i obtain a court affidavit of support and get my Dad to sign it?

I have a letter of invitation from a post doctoral student at the university of pretoria, inviting me to stay at his residence. He is also a lecturer here in my school. Should i use his letter of invitation for my visa application or i should just make hotel reservation?
Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 07, 2017
Please I need information on how to get 3 months visit visa.. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by theHanafis(m): 9:47pm On Aug 07, 2017
chiggyb:

I think you need the letter of admission duly stamped by the school and whatever proof that states the Taiwan embassy closure and redirecting you to the south african office as well as your letter of sponsorship from your dad. if you can also provide your personal bank statement and put it all in prayers... there's nothing God cannot do if your reason for traveling is genuine.... just be honest in your self introdictory letter

Thank you for your contribution. I will provide a photocopy of my admission/scholarship letter. For the case of embassy closure, i dont have any document regarding that but i can print out document that redirect me to SA from bureau of consular affairs website.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 08, 2017
theHanafis:
Hi everyone! I applied for SA visitor visa in Abj on the 24th july and it was processed in eight days but I was denied and the reason was insufficient funds. I actually used my Dads bank statement which has 400k plus. Pls what minimum balance should one have in the account? Im going to SA for another visa interview which will b scheduled this month ending. Ur kind response will b appreciated
bro please can u give me a full run down of how u applied? All documents required and fees paid? Thanks man
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by theHanafis(m): 7:01am On Aug 08, 2017
justwise:

You needed to add the scholarship letter and all other documents related to that scholarship.

You also need to add a breakdown of the cost of the trip..cost of ticket, hotel, transport and feeding etc.

Doing that will give you an idea about the cost of the trip.

You also need a letter from your daddy permitting you to use and spend the money in that account.

Thank you @Justwise for the clarification. I will attach my admission and scholarship letter as you said.

I have a letter of invitation from a post doctoral student at the university of pretoria, inviting me to stay at his residence. He is also a lecturer here in my school. Should i use his letter of invitation for my visa application or i should just make hotel reservation?

Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by theHanafis(m): 7:07am On Aug 08, 2017
smithsydny:
bro please can u give me a full run down of how u applied? All documents required and fees paid? Thanks man

You will need to download form BI-84 online. The cover page of the form list the arrangement of documents before Pre-submission. I paid 33450 for visitor visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 08, 2017
theHanafis:

You will need to download form BI-84 online. The cover page of the form list the arrangement of documents before Pre-submission. I paid 33450 for visitor visa.
thanks boss
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 08, 2017
theHanafis:

bros abeg no vex .. Can I get the download link plz
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eben1991: 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2017
justwise:

Check the school requirement for masters application

Thecassanova:

What's your NQF level according to SAQA?

Thanks Bro, I have the mind of studying to a Phd Level, I want to know if i should choose Masters by course work or dissertation and am also seeing both on my programme. kindly advise to avoid mistake. thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chiggyb: 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2017
May God be praised! After 5 days of processing Visa I have been issued an Sa Visa (AGAIN) for a training. The key to this is to be honest and submit genuine documents. The visa officers can tell a genuine document from a fake. They are well trained in vetting documents. There's no reason to lie. No need for agents. When you travel ensure to return back to your country... these are the little things that can ensure your visas granted in the future. The key is honesty. The HUGE amount of money in your account cannot guarantee a visa... it only raises a red flag and it's credibility. Peace!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eben1991: 4:48pm On Aug 08, 2017
chiggyb:
May God be praised! After 5 days of processing Visa I have been issued an Sa Visa (AGAIN) for a training. The key to this is to be honest and submit genuine documents. The visa officers can tell a genuine document from a fake. They are well trained in vetting documents. There's no reason to lie. No need for agents. When you travel ensure to return back to your country... these are the little things that can ensure your visas granted in the future. The key is honesty. The HUGE amount of money in your account cannot guarantee a visa... it only raises a red flag and it's credibility. Peace!

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 5:12pm On Aug 08, 2017
eben1991:

Thanks Bro, I have the mind of studying to a Phd Level, I want to know if i should choose Masters by course work or dissertation and am also seeing both on my programme. kindly advise to avoid mistake. thanks.
Masters by coursework is more expensive than dissection. In Msc dissertion you need to have a supervisor first that agrees to take you before you apply.

Don't chose Msc yet if you don't have SAQA, your admission would be turned down if you don't meet nqf 8 requirement and u have to wait till another application window.

Chill, do SAQA, and let's know what next.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eben1991: 5:51pm On Aug 08, 2017
Thecassanova:

Masters by coursework is more expensive than dissection. In Msc dissertion you need to have a supervisor first that agrees to take you before you apply.

Don't chose Msc yet if you don't have SAQA, your admission would be turned down if you don't meet nqf 8 requirement and u have to wait till another application window.

Chill, do SAQA, and let's know what next.

Ok Boss.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 10:59pm On Aug 08, 2017
Preppie:

Hello,

I have just been admitted for a Masters degree in UCT. I would like to know what I really need to present at the VFS office in order to apply for a Study Permit and what the financial implications may be.Though I have gone through the VFS website, I realise that there may be some requirement which may alo be necessary but may not be expressly stated there. Is the letter of admission from the school required because what I have is the offer letter sent by email to me by the Institution. If the letter of admission is sent to me via email, can it be used for this pupose.

Thanks.

Msc directly? Are you not required to do Bsc (Hons) before Msc?

Shed more light please?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 11:03pm On Aug 08, 2017
theHanafis:

Thank you

Feel free to submit both, and with invitation letter from your friend cost of hotel will be removed from your budget
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nairaking1: 7:43am On Aug 09, 2017
chiggyb:
5 days? thank God oh, me I was surpirsed to see SMS that my application is ready for collection after just 6 days, that means I will get good news like you. smiley

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sekinatmi(f): 12:07pm On Aug 09, 2017
Good day wonderful people

Please i have been trying to log on to SAQA account for some days now but the page has not been opening.I have sent them a mail but i am yet to get any response from them.I will like to know if there is anybody who has the same issue and how the person has been to resolve it.Please help
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chiggyb: 12:55pm On Aug 09, 2017
nairaking1:

5 days? thank God oh, me I was surpirsed to see SMS that my application is ready for collection after just 6 days, that means I will get good news like you. smiley

Sure bro!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TimoBriggs: 3:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
@Femiaction and the experts ...

Please what duration of hotel should i book as verifiable confirmed hotel booking for a critical skills visa : 10days , 20days or 30days ??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kma(m): 10:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
Good day everyone.pls can anyone help me with the abuja high commission phone number.the ones on the vfs website aint going through.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jerryboiii(m): 10:33pm On Aug 09, 2017
@ Justwise or anybody that can help with this. I'm planning on going to SA in the next few months. Please can I know a list of what is required, how long it takes to get this processed

I would appreciate.

Thanks a lot.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by welf99: 6:56am On Aug 10, 2017
TimoBriggs:
@Femiaction and the experts ...

Please what duration of hotel should i book as verifiable confirmed hotel booking for a critical skills visa : 10days , 20days or 30days ??
5 days - 10 days is fine. book directly with the hotel.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TimoBriggs: 8:32am On Aug 10, 2017
welf99:

5 days - 10 days is fine. book directly with the hotel.

Thanks welf99. Can I use wakanow, they claim to a proxy for the hotel. They say they have verifiable bookings. But your reply is specific. Can you advise?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kma(m): 8:56am On Aug 10, 2017
Good morning everyone. I am a permanent resident with a south african ID and recently got married last month.my wife applied for a relative permit to join me here since 28th july.the tracking system says received at the abuja high commission and under assessment since then.she didn't receive any emails or sms after submission.she called the customer care 3 days after submission and she was told they sent an sms on their system but it didnt deliver.Pls is there anyone that submitted a long term visa/permit at abuja around the same time and has received it or still waiting for it?I am just trying to have an idea of the processing/waiting time for long term visas at abuja.thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by welf99: 12:11pm On Aug 10, 2017
TimoBriggs:

Thanks welf99. Can I use wakanow, they claim to a proxy for the hotel. They say they have verifiable bookings. But your reply is specific. Can you advise?
My advise is you book directly with an hotel in SA. don't use proxy. This can be done online with your card and obtain a verifiable booking.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TimoBriggs: 12:52pm On Aug 10, 2017
welf99:

My advise is you book directly with an hotel in SA. don't use proxy. This can be done online with your card and obtain a verifiable booking.

Many thanks. Any hotel recommendations?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lukgaf(m): 3:04pm On Aug 10, 2017
kma:
Good morning everyone. I am a permanent resident with a south african ID and recently got married last month.my wife applied for a relative permit to join me here since 28th july.the tracking system says received at the abuja high commission and under assessment since then.she didn't receive any emails or sms after submission.she called the customer care 3 days after submission and she was told they sent an sms on their system but it didnt deliver.Pls is there anyone that submitted a long term visa/permit at abuja around the same time and has received it or still waiting for it?I am just trying to have an idea of the processing/waiting time for long term visas at abuja.thank you

I submitted my application in VFS Lagos since July 11 and no response from them too
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ola5858: 5:44pm On Aug 10, 2017
Good day my people I have 2yrs American visa and want to apply for sa one year visa cus am tired of having the 3months one. Been to sa 5 times, what do I do? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.