Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,086 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727710 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 10:27am On Dec 12, 2017
despam:

You will get Police report at Force CIID Alagbon, Lagos. It supposed to be free but they will collect between 3-5k or more depending on your bargaining power.

Print the medical and radiological report forms and take it to any hospital, the Doctor will sign it for you. The Doctor will ask you to do some tests after which, he will sign the forms for you. Most Doctors will only sign after you have done all the tests they asked you to do. The costs of the tests vary from one hospital to another.

You will get Yellow card from Port Health Authority. It supposed to be free but they will collect 1k or so.

Should the hospital be general hospital/federal? or i can do it also in private hospital too? Does the Dr needs to put his stamp?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by despam(m): 10:28am On Dec 12, 2017
abdullahi45:
Thanks for the info.
Regarding the accommodation i am thinking of school hostel but it
hasn't worked out yet as most rooms have been booked already. In
case the school accommodation didn't later work out how do i
deal with the accommodation? (as it required of me to state
where i will be staying or have a verifiable hotel reservation).
How do i go about a verifiable Hotel reservation? Can anyone
help please.
How many day is required of me to book for as I will later find
way to get accommodation once i reach southy?
Thanks in anticipation.

Look for hotels and Guest houses in the state you will be schooling and do a reservation for 30 days. Alternatively, you can have the school send you a letter that you will be staying at their facility for the purpose of the visa even if you don't get school accommodation at the end of the day.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by despam(m): 10:32am On Dec 12, 2017
abdullahi45:

Should the hospital be general hospital/federal? or i can do it also in private hospital too? Does the Dr needs to put his stamp?

General Hospital / Federal or private hospital, anyone will do. Yes, the Doctor will put his name and stamp on the form.

It seems you have not printed the forms yet, if not you would have seen on the form where the Doctor should put his or her stamp.

Next time, don't wait till last minute before you start looking for information or assistance.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 12, 2017
abdullahi45:

Thanks boss. I have sent you mail already.

As for my sponsor ID, can he also use his international passport? Must it be certified copy?

I don't have any doc yet bro aside my offer letter, undertaking from sch to embassy and saqa.

I know i need police report, medical and radiological report & yellow card but i don't know where exactly to get them and the cost. Please help.

Thanks guru.
hello boss, I just drop this here to help others

All documents required to process a South African study permit is easy

You need to print out a form on the vfs website. The back of the form contains all the information you need

To get the police clearance : go to the central police station in your location. Tell them you want to get a police clearance to process a South African visa. They will take you to the office and collect your passport number. You will also be required to do some finger print. They could charge you from 6500 to 10000 naira for the services depending on your location

To get yellow card; you can get a yellow card at the local government offices or the muritala Muhammad airport (Mma). They will ask you to take some injection for immunization. Prices ranges from 1k to 4k depending on location

To get medical and radiological report; You need to print out forms for both reports from the vfs website. Then take this forms to a government hospital to be signed by a medical doctor and stamped with the hospital stamp. This could cost 2k upwards.

The id of your sponsor may be certified if you want. it really depends on you.

hope that helps
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 11:34am On Dec 12, 2017
greiboy:

hello boss, I just drop this here to help others

All documents required to process a South African study permit is easy

You need to print out a form on the vfs website. The back of the form contains all the information you need

To get the police clearance : go to the central police station in your location. Tell them you want to get a police clearance to process a South African visa. They will take you to the office and collect your passport number. You will also be required to do some finger print. They could charge you from 6500 to 10000 naira for the services depending on your location

To get yellow card; you can get a yellow card at the local government offices or the muritala Muhammad airport (Mma). They will ask you to take some injection for immunization. Prices ranges from 1k to 4k depending on location

To get medical and radiological report; You need to print out forms for both reports from the vfs website. Then take this forms to a government hospital to be signed by a medical doctor and stamped with the hospital stamp. This could cost 2k upwards.

The id of your sponsor may be certified if you want. it really depends on you.

hope that helps

Thanks boss
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 11:35am On Dec 12, 2017
despam:

General Hospital / Federal or private hospital, anyone will do. Yes, the Doctor will put his name and stamp on the form.

It seems you have not printed the forms yet, if not you would have seen on the form where the Doctor should put his or her stamp.

Next time, don't wait till last minute before you start looking for information or assistance.

I appreciate boss
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 12, 2017
abdullahi45:

Thanks boss
no problem

of course this assuming you have 12 months medical insurance from a certified south Africa insurance company ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 12:52pm On Dec 12, 2017
greiboy:
no problem

of course this assuming you have 12 months medical insurance from a certified south Africa insurance company ?

I don get you boss?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kukaman: 1:04pm On Dec 12, 2017
Hello gurus in the house, please can someone still submit application to the embassy this month or better still when will the embassy close for the year? I need a quick answer please. Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by despam(m): 1:50pm On Dec 12, 2017
abdullahi45:

I don get you boss?

You have to do 1 year medical insurance with a company in South Africa. Have you done that?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by despam(m): 2:00pm On Dec 12, 2017
Kukaman:
Hello gurus in the house, please can someone still submit application to the embassy this month or better still when will the embassy close for the year? I need a quick answer please. Thank you

SA Embassy year end closure is from18 December 2017 - 03 January 2018.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by imoniyi(f): 3:37pm On Dec 12, 2017
@abdullahi45. What school are u attending? And did u get ur admission letter and visa yet. U could check for off campus accommodation. Or students commune. Cos hotel might be expensive or maybe far from the school
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kj40: 4:58pm On Dec 12, 2017
Hello house, how can I make hotel reservation directly from the hotel of my choice, without using any booking agent(bookings.com) etc.

Pls it is very urgent.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by despam(m): 5:50pm On Dec 12, 2017
Kj40:
Hello house, how can I make hotel reservation directly from the hotel of my choice, without using any booking agent(bookings.com) etc.

Pls it is very urgent.

Check for hotels online in the city you are going.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lanrey1(m): 6:08pm On Dec 12, 2017
hello fellow comrades...
am going for submission tomorrow... can I submit declaration of age as birth certificate?
pls reply asap.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 6:40pm On Dec 12, 2017
Gurus in the house, please see to the below;

I have received admission offer at University of Free State, and i am trying to apply for visa with it so as not to waste time. But i still have other universities am still waiting for their admission, What if i receive admission letter from another school i prefer to UFS after i must have submitted the visa application. What can I do to get the other university.?

Is any change possible after that?

Also what if I have received study permit with UFS in naija then receive admission from other university i prefer to it, what can i do to make the change. Is it possible in naija before i travel and how?

When do you suggest i submit my visa application in you own opinion as the course start for my course at UFS is early Feb (February 2-5)?

Thanks Gurus. I appreciate
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 6:41pm On Dec 12, 2017
Lanrey1:
hello fellow comrades...
am going for submission tomorrow... can I submit declaration of age as birth certificate?
pls reply asap.

Do you book ahead or that's no longer done before visa application submission.? Do one need to just go one day and get his application submitted?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by xpress101(m): 7:31pm On Dec 12, 2017
Lanrey1:
hello fellow comrades...
pls reply asap.

Cool
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Faitylee: 7:44pm On Dec 12, 2017
abdullahi45:

Do you book ahead or that's no longer done before visa application submission.? Do one need to just go one day and get his application submitted?

Yes,just go to the application centre with your documents,no need to book an appointment.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 8:32pm On Dec 12, 2017
despam:

You have to do 1 year medical insurance with a company in South Africa. Have you done that?

OK. Can you suggest a company?

How do i go about that?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 8:48pm On Dec 12, 2017
imoniyi:
@abdullahi45. What school are u attending? And did u get ur admission letter and visa yet. U could check for off campus accommodation. Or students commune. Cos hotel might be expensive or maybe far from the school

UFS, i got my offer letter already but on the verge of applying for my visa.

Do you think off campus accommodation will be better and cheaper than on campus?

I was only referring to hotel reservation which i will just use to show to submit my visa application, since i haven't obtained school accommodation yet.
Like i was told a residence in form of hotel reservation or school hostel is also a prerequisite for submitting visa application.
What do you think i can do?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 8:49pm On Dec 12, 2017
Faitylee:

Yes,just go to the application centre with your documents,no need to book an appointment.

OK
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 9:04pm On Dec 12, 2017
infofta:

1. Places in SA you will be visiting, paid hotel reservation, return ticket, yellow card
2. $500 cash and also in your master card. Airline always require cash before boarding.
3. No agent or airline will reserve ticket for a long time without payment.

Please can you expatiate on the point 3 above. i don't get?

What do you mean by long time, how many days, weeks or months after booking.? I want to use travelstart.com.ng
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nadratan: 2:19am On Dec 13, 2017
abdullahi45:

Please can you expatiate on the point 3 above. i don't get?

What do you mean by long time, how many days, weeks or months after booking.? I want to use travelstart.com.ng

Book directly from the airline. You can use South Africa Airways. Even though the reservation is going to be cancelled after 5 days, its still going to serve its purpose. just make sure you book directly from the airline. Its not going to cost you anything. But I'd advise you use South African Airways.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naposium(m): 6:56am On Dec 13, 2017
Things you need to about getting a study permit.... I got mine October......... Print all the form at vfs website,..... Then get your medical and radiological report done at any hospital............ Purchase a year medical insurance renewable yearly at 4700 rand at momentum...... Six month statement of account with good inflow of fund...... Your admission letter... Letter of undertaking from school....... Sponsorship letter if you don't have account well certified with a notary public lawyer....i.ds of sponsor........ Police clearance..i can give u a man to relate to at alagbon who will help you at 5k.....evidence of part school fees paid..... Attach is my permit

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 7:34am On Dec 13, 2017
Faitylee:

Any day?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 7:44am On Dec 13, 2017
Nadratan:

Book directly from the airline. You can use South Africa Airways. Even though the reservation is going to be cancelled after 5 days, its still going to serve its purpose. just make sure you book directly from the airline. Its not going to cost you anything. But I'd advise you use South African Airways.

Directly from the airline? I hope travelstart.com.ng is an example of that?.

Cancelled after 5 days? I want to submit my visa application by January, can i still make the reservation now, i mean today?

Finally while i was filling the reservation on travelstart, i have two first names, which i input but it's joining them together (like DayoAbiola instead of Dayo Abiola), can anyone say something about this?

Also at the last stage before booking there is an option for "i require VAT invoice" should i click on it? When i clicked on it, it brings out some info to fill including company name and company VAT, what do i fill here?

Is it necessary i click on the option "i require VAT invoice"?

What's the essence of VAT invoice?

Your response would be greatly appreciated Gurus.

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 7:55am On Dec 13, 2017
naposium:
Things you need to about getting a study permit.... I got mine October......... Print all the form at vfs website,..... Then get your medical and radiological report done at any hospital............ Purchase a year medical insurance renewable yearly at 4700 rand at momentum...... Six month statement of account with good inflow of fund...... Your admission letter... Letter of undertaking from school....... Sponsorship letter if you don't have account well certified with a notary public lawyer....i.ds of sponsor........ Police clearance..i can give u a man to relate to at alagbon who will help you at 5k.....evidence of part school fees paid..... Attach is my permit

Congratulations guru. More blessings

My question is i don't get this your point "sponsorship letter if you don't have account well certified with a notary public lawyer" can you please explain better?

ID's of sponsor, how many type? Notarised or non-notarised?

Is evidence of part payment of school fee also a prerequisite?

Which program are you going for Hons or MSc.?

I can see prohibition to work on your permit, why that?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nadratan: 8:18am On Dec 13, 2017
abdullahi45:

Directly from the airline? I hope travelstart.com.ng is an example of that?.

Cancelled after 5 days? I want to submit my visa application by January, can i still make the reservation now, i mean today?

Finally while i was filling the reservation on travelstart, i have two first names, which i input but it's joining them together (like DayoAbiola instead of Dayo Abiola), can anyone say something about this?

Also at the last stage before booking there is an option for "i require VAT invoice" should i click on it? When i clicked on it, it brings out some info to fill including company name and company VAT, what do i fill here?

Is it necessary i click on the option "i require VAT invoice"?

What's the essence of VAT invoice?

Your response would be greatly appreciated Gurus.

Thanks

Travelstart is not an airline... Example of airlines are South Africa Airways (flysaa), Kenya airways, Rwanda Airways, Ethiopia Airways etc... like I advised, use flysaa...and the process of reservation is very easy. You have to make the booking on the day you want to go and submit your application. its very fast, you should be done under 10mins.

And while filling, please ignore the VAT INVOICE option.... You don't need it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naposium(m): 8:32am On Dec 13, 2017
abdullahi45:

Congratulations guru. More blessings

My question is i don't get this your point "sponsorship letter if you don't have account well certified with a notary public lawyer" can you please explain better?

ID's of sponsor, how many type? Notarised or non-notarised?

Is evidence of part payment of school fee also a prerequisite?

Which program are you going for Hons or MSc.?

I can see prohibition to work on your permit, why that?
If you account balance is OK it's fine you can us that, if not you will need someone to sponsor your study for you and the person ought to get a balanced account of like 5-6 million and 2ndly the sponsor will have to add a n I d with it maybe intl passport or driving license or natl ID all notarized and a sponsorship letter

Yeah its... Compulsory

It's a diploma course

There is a document I will procure when I get there to get work permit
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by callondaddy: 8:47am On Dec 13, 2017
Hello House I got my visa last week. It was delivered at my place of work. I submitted last week Monday and got my passport delivered on Thursday and visa was approved. I think my statement was good. My adv if you have a good statement and a good balance you have 99 percent chance. I plan to travel January because of my tight schedule and will onky be gone for a week. Good luck everyone.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Faitylee: 11:14am On Dec 13, 2017
callondaddy:
Hello House I got my visa last week. It was delivered at my place of work. I submitted last week Monday and got my passport delivered on Thursday and visa was approved. I think my statement was good. My adv if you have a good statement and a good balance you have 99 percent chance. I plan to travel January because of my tight schedule and will onky be gone for a week. Good luck everyone.

I concur with you,I also applied on Tuesday and got my passport with visa on Friday with a good statement of account.

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.