Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1733974 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 13, 2017
Hello everyone,
Please, how can I go about the purchase of the medical cover/insurance? Thank you in anticipation of your kind reply.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Baywood(m): 12:58pm On Dec 13, 2017
Please, how long does a SA Visa take? I have a conference to attend in Cape Town on 24th January. I want to apply on 4th January since SA embassy will be off from 18th December to 3rd January.

Will I get the visa before 24th January?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 1:11pm On Dec 13, 2017
Nadratan:

Travelstart is not an airline... Example of airlines are South Africa Airways (flysaa), Kenya airways, Rwanda Airways, Ethiopia Airways etc... like I advised, use flysaa...and the process of reservation is very easy. You have to make the booking on the day you want to go and submit your application. its very fast, you should be done under 10mins.

And while filling, please ignore the VAT INVOICE option.... You don't need it.

Thanks for your response (pls reply my pm).

Can you help with with link of south Africa airways (flysaa)?

Why can't i book before the day i want to submit my application?

Will they deduct any money for the reservation?

I await your response. Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 1:21pm On Dec 13, 2017
naposium:

If you account balance is OK it's fine you can us that, if not you will need someone to sponsor your study for you and the person ought to get a balanced account of like 5-6 million and 2ndly the sponsor will have to add a n I d with it maybe intl passport or driving license or natl ID all notarized and a sponsorship letter

Yeah its... Compulsory

It's a diploma course

There is a document I will procure when I get there to get work permit

Yes it's my uncle that wants to sponsor me. Can i see a copy of ur sponsorship letter?

Is only his certified international passport okay?

Tuition fees deposit is compulsory? Do you mean for your school or that is enforced by Visa embassy to issue student visa? OTHER GURUS PLEASE RESPOND

I await your prompt response.

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by xpress101(m): 1:26pm On Dec 13, 2017
Lawprince:
Hello everyone,
Please, how can I go about the purchase of the medical cover/insurance? Thank you in anticipation of your kind reply.

Momentumhealth.co.za ....Google that

Regards
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Faitylee: 1:32pm On Dec 13, 2017
abdullahi45:

Any day?

Yes
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 13, 2017
xpress101:

Momentumhealth.co.za ....Google that

Regards

Thank you for the reply. Am I required to make the payment before the Visa application, or upon arrival at South Africa? If yes, can you please guide me on how much will be required at minimum. Thanks again.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aragonbaba(m): 1:45pm On Dec 13, 2017
Hello gurus in the house, please I will be travelling to SA tomorrow, I have a tourist / visiting visa. I am going on tourism , please what am I to expect at the port of entry? I have the following docs,
Yellow fever card I used during my visa application in August 2017,
PTA over $500
Flight ticket
Paid 4 days hotel reservation.
What are the possible answers to give for places I will like to visit. I will be staying with Mt friend for the 10days period.
Kindly tell me more documents required of me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 1:48pm On Dec 13, 2017
abdullahi45:
Gurus in the house, please see to the below;

I have received admission offer at University of Free State, and i am trying to apply for visa with it so as not to waste time. But i still have other universities am still waiting for their admission, What if i receive admission letter from another school i prefer to UFS after i must have submitted the visa application. What can I do to get the other university.?

Is any change possible after that?

Also what if I have received study permit with UFS in naija then receive admission from other university i prefer to it, what can i do to make the change. Is it possible in naija before i travel and how?

When do you suggest i submit my visa application in you own opinion as the course start for my course at UFS is early Feb (February 2-5)?

Thanks Gurus. I appreciate

Gurus should please respond to this. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 1:51pm On Dec 13, 2017
Faitylee:

Yes
Good. Please reply your pm.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Faitylee: 1:55pm On Dec 13, 2017
abdullahi45:

Good. Please reply your pm.

I have.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 1:57pm On Dec 13, 2017
Lawprince:

Thank you for the reply. Am I required to make the payment before the Visa application, or upon arrival at South Africa? If yes, can you please guide me on how much will be required at minimum. Thanks again.
You need it for visa application, cost like R4700 for a year.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 2:00pm On Dec 13, 2017
Nadratan:

Book directly from the airline. You can use South Africa Airways. Even though the reservation is going to be cancelled after 5 days, its still going to serve its purpose. just make sure you book directly from the airline. Its not going to cost you anything. But I'd advise you use South African Airways.

What if one book from like travelstart.com.ng? Is that not acceptable?

Booking directly from the airlines is only accepted?

Please tell us more?

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 2:00pm On Dec 13, 2017
Nadratan:

Book directly from the airline. You can use South Africa Airways. Even though the reservation is going to be cancelled after 5 days, its still going to serve its purpose. just make sure you book directly from the airline. Its not going to cost you anything. But I'd advise you use South African Airways.

What if one book from like travelstart.com.ng? Is that not acceptable?

Booking directly from the airlines is only accepted?

What do you mean by it would be cancelled after five days but it will serve it purpose. How?

Please tell us more?

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 2:02pm On Dec 13, 2017
naposium:
Things you need to about getting a study permit.... I got mine October......... Print all the form at vfs website,..... Then get your medical and radiological report done at any hospital............ Purchase a year medical insurance renewable yearly at 4700 rand at momentum...... Six month statement of account with good inflow of fund...... Your admission letter... Letter of undertaking from school....... Sponsorship letter if you don't have account well certified with a notary public lawyer....i.ds of sponsor........ Police clearance..i can give u a man to relate to at alagbon who will help you at 5k.....evidence of part school fees paid..... Attach is my permit

Tell us about how you did your travel itinerary? Where did you book? How? Tell us more

Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 2:03pm On Dec 13, 2017
aragonbaba:
Hello gurus in the house, please I will be travelling to SA tomorrow, I have a tourist / visiting visa. I am going on tourism , please what am I to expect at the port of entry? I have the following docs,
PTA over $500
Flight ticket
What are the possible answers to give for places I will like to visit. I will be staying with Mt friend for the 10days period.
The places to visit depend on the province/city/town you going. Where are you going?

Don't contradict yourself, are you staying in an hotel or with a friend. Since you've a paid hotel reservation then don't say otherwise at POE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by xpress101(m): 3:51pm On Dec 13, 2017
Lawprince:

You have to pay before leaving. You are submitting the confirmation of payment with other documents for visa application. It's paid yearly.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aragonbaba(m): 4:49pm On Dec 13, 2017
I will stay in a hotel at kempton very close to the OR tambo airport. Please which tourist sites are there that are very common? Or better still just advise me on places to mention. I await your reply.
Thecassanova:

The places to visit depend on the province/city/town you going. Where are you going?

Don't contradict yourself, are you staying in an hotel or with a friend. Since you've a paid hotel reservation then don't say otherwise at POE.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 7:40pm On Dec 13, 2017
aragonbaba:
I will stay in a hotel at kempton very close to the OR tambo airport. Please which tourist sites are there that are very common? Or better still just advise me on places to mention. I await your reply.
Apartheid museum, gold reed city etc you can also check tourist attraction in Jburg.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aragonbaba(m): 8:13pm On Dec 13, 2017
Many thanks bro
God bless. I already checked those out. Thank you.
Thecassanova:

Apartheid museum, gold reed city etc you can also check tourist attraction in Jburg.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lee310: 2:27am On Dec 14, 2017
Hello house, please I will be traveling to SA this weekend but I need to confirm if I can use my hotel reservation through bookings.com. I initially paid for 2 nights at a hotel but it got cut off when my visa didn't come out in due time. Now I just made a new reservation with booking to pay upon arrival in the republic.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 9:23am On Dec 14, 2017
naposium:

Mail me on naposium2002 at g mail dot com
Sent
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 9:26am On Dec 14, 2017
abdullahi45:

Yes it's my uncle that wants to sponsor me. Can i see a copy of ur sponsorship letter?

Is only his certified international passport okay?

Tuition fees deposit is compulsory? Do you mean for your school or that is enforced by Visa embassy to issue student visa? OTHER GURUS PLEASE RESPOND

I await your prompt response.

Thanks

Gurus please attend to this
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 9:40am On Dec 14, 2017
abdullahi45:
Gurus in the house, please see to the below;

I have received admission offer at University of Free State, and i am trying to apply for visa with it so as not to waste time. But i still have other universities am still waiting for their admission, What if i receive admission letter from other school i prefer to UFS after i must have submitted the visa application. What will i do to make the change?

Is any change possible after that?

Also what if I have received study permit with UFS in naija then receive admission from other university i prefer to it, what can i do to make the change. Is it possible in naija before i travel and how?

Thanks Gurus. I appreciate
Please gurus i beg of you, try to to reply this question, your response can be a life saver. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 9:46am On Dec 14, 2017
naposium:
Things you need to about getting a study permit.... I got mine October......... Print all the form at vfs website,..... Then get your medical and radiological report done at any hospital............ Purchase a year medical insurance renewable yearly at 4700 rand at momentum...... Six month statement of account with good inflow of fund...... Your admission letter... Letter of undertaking from school....... Sponsorship letter if you don't have account well certified with a notary public lawyer....i.ds of sponsor........ Police clearance..i can give u a man to relate to at alagbon who will help you at 5k.....evidence of part school fees paid..... Attach is my permit

I quote " Sponsorship letter if you don't have account well certified with a
notary public lawyer" do you notary public lawyer as to certify the sponsorship letter provided by the sponsor? I hope it's just normal taking it to a court, as one initially did to provide doc for Saqa?

How did you go about your hotel reservation or did you secure other residence?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oladimeji10: 11:44am On Dec 14, 2017
Baywood:
Please, how long does a SA Visa take? I have a conference to attend in Cape Town on 24th January. I want to apply on 4th January since SA embassy will be off from 18th December to 3rd January.

Will I get the visa before 24th January?
Pls do you have an idea if they treat submitted applications before they close on the 18th, i submitted mine on tuesday 12th and hoping to hear from then before they close for the year.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Baywood(m): 11:49am On Dec 14, 2017
oladimeji10:
Pls do you have an idea if they treat submitted applications before they close on the 18th, i submitted mine on tuesday 12th and hoping to hear from then before they close for the year.

They replied me. It takes 6 working days.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oladimeji10: 11:55am On Dec 14, 2017
despam:

SA Embassy year end closure is from18 December 2017 - 03 January 2018.
Pls do you know if already submitted applications will be treated before the closure?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by despam(m): 12:23pm On Dec 14, 2017
oladimeji10:
Pls do you know if already submitted applications will be treated before the closure?

I can't say for sure but I believe they will do that before closing for the year.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by infofta(m): 5:57pm On Dec 14, 2017
aragonbaba:
PTA over $500
Flight ticket

You must have a return ticket that shows when you are living SA and must corresponds to your paid hotel reservation. A day more or less you will be denied entry.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 6:07pm On Dec 14, 2017
abdullahi45:

Gurus should please respond to this. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.