Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727900 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 6:55am On Jul 12, 2013
patwolex: Pls I have a south south africa visiting visa and I also got an admission in a canadian university and I am suppose to resume by september,but I have not applied for student visa to canada...I know its not possible for me to apply in nigeria again for a canadian visa, cos the time is too short...pls, is it possible for me to apply for a canadian student visa in south africa? I mean when I get to south africa dis month end,is it possible for me to go and apply for my student visa at d canadian embassy in south africa with my nigeria passport? Pls I need an urgent answer,cos I don't ant to loose my admission....lastly, how can I defer my admission if that's d only choice left?

The big chairman himself, Collinsfbi, has answered the first part. I will only attempt to answer the second.

The process to defer your admission is different from one institution to the other. However, it starts with you communicating with them through your usual medium (I'll assume e-mail, if you processed yourself, or through your agent, if you used one). They will guide you into what forms to fill and the charges you MAY incur.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 12, 2013
Please can i get the yellow fever vaccination card at Abuja? If yes please were. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by uzhilove: 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2013
Good day to u all. I have a multiple SA visa of one year and I will like ur opinion on wheter I will find a job in SA. I have both ND and BSC and also have good automobile experience (mechanic). Though I know it won't be easy especially without work permit, but I also belief all things are possible. Feel free to share ur view, wehther bad or good, opinion is opinion no wahala. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 10:17am On Jul 13, 2013
opsy4real1: ure wondaful bro...more of God's wisdom!
I submitted my application for visitors visa 1st of july in vfs global lagos but I don't know how long it will take for the processing to be done. How many weeks will it take to be out ?
I have been tracking it online but still on processing at the south africa embassy lagos.
Thanks & waiting replies
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 3:41pm On Jul 13, 2013
ibrak200: I submitted my application for visitors visa 1st of july in vfs global lagos but I don't know how long it will take for the processing to be done. How many weeks will it take to be out ?
I have been tracking it online but still on processing at the south africa embassy lagos.
Thanks & waiting replies
for processing time check here http://www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria/holiday_visaprocess.html but most of the time, it usually exceed the stipulated time because of the number of applications received by vfs Lagos. On the other hand, call any of these numbers (01-4612067 or 01-4612050 - only vfs Lagos) and be sure to have your passport number with you when calling, I am sure they will check for you.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 6:12pm On Jul 13, 2013
hello house! Happy weekend to u all. Pls has anyone applied for south africa tourist visa renewal lately thru lagos vfs? I wud like to knw d duration it takes if faster than for fresh application to process and if the 6-10workin days processing is maintained. I planned to submit on monday at ABUJA wich is timely guaranteed but i fear the stress of going down there perhaps i cud submit in lagos if considerable. Pls let me knw asap,.@collinsfbi and any other wit useful info to me query. Thx always.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 10:33pm On Jul 13, 2013
smokes: Please can i get the yellow fever vaccination card at Abuja? If yes please were. Thanks

Yes, you can. Ask around for where they take vaccinations. I think they said it's in Area 3 or so (not sure now). Confirm at Wuse General Hospital and you'll get the right location.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 10:38pm On Jul 13, 2013
uzhilove: Good day to u all. I have a multiple SA visa of one year and I will like ur opinion on wheter I will find a job in SA. I have both ND and BSC and also have good automobile experience (mechanic). Though I know it won't be easy especially without work permit, but I also belief all things are possible. Feel free to share ur view, wehther bad or good, opinion is opinion no wahala. Thanks

Bro, why would you think you would get a job without a work permit. It may happen but if they catch you, na back to naija be that and they don't have to think twice about the cost of your transportation, you've already paid for it. It's called 'repatriation fee'. If you want to work there, why not do the honorable thing of applying for a work permit (depends on your visa type though)?

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 10:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
opsy4real1: hello house! Happy weekend to u all. Pls has anyone applied for south africa tourist visa renewal lately thru lagos vfs? I wud like to knw d duration it takes if faster than for fresh application to process and if the 6-10workin days processing is maintained. I planned to submit on monday at ABUJA wich is timely guaranteed but i fear the stress of going down there perhaps i cud submit in lagos if considerable. Pls let me knw asap,.@collinsfbi and any other wit useful info to me query. Thx always.

Abuja is always better. More humane treatment, faster processing time, less stressful town. If you can afford it, you should do Abuja, it pays off.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by uzhilove: 8:36pm On Jul 14, 2013
is it possible I get work permit with one year multiple entry visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 8:03am On Jul 15, 2013
Hi (collinsfbi htien88it) and other members of d house..another friend of mine wishes to apply for south africa tourist visa. He is currently a serving youth corper and would finish his service year by october. However he wishes to apply by month end . As a youth corper please wat documents does he need to use ? Thank u.
opsy4real1: yes, he did it all himself and i guided him frm knwoledge tapped frm dis forum...all he used were genuine so no fret abt dat. So also, it was observant it was same consular officer that treated the initial denial cos same signature was on both refusal. But in actuality ALL SUBMITTED DOCUMENTS WERE GENUINE...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hardigsbaba(m): 11:18am On Jul 15, 2013
Hello Collinsfbi, please i niid a S.A tourist visa, wot r the tinz i need and how much do i need to have, and again if i am been invited by a friend who is a resident there now, does it reduce my expenses in any way, wots the possibility of gettin a work permit in my first time of going there?>>>>>>>>>>>..please reply bro, thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 1:08pm On Jul 15, 2013
hardigsbaba: Hello Collinsfbi, please i niid a S.A tourist visa, wot r the tinz i need and how much do i need to have, and again if i am been invited by a friend who is a resident there now, does it reduce my expenses in any way, wots the possibility of gettin a work permit in my first time of going there?>>>>>>>>>>>..please reply bro, thanks

You will find detailed checklist of required documents in previous pages as posted by Collinsfbi. Just read through.

You can then apply for a Work Permit when you land SA. But be warned, Work Permit requirements is herculean,you would have to meet so many rules before qualifying for the permit.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adegob(m): 12:33pm On Jul 19, 2013
I will be leaving 4 SA soon, but i will like to knw if its easy for me to get a job (even if na small package) with a diploma from Unisa! Thanks!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by htien88it: 5:47am On Jul 20, 2013
check Purple Olive Guest House here, is one of the cheapest and their site with give you exact rate in naira http://www.purpleolive.co.za/ R230 = about 4k per night or check the site below to make your choice hotel in hanoi

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 8:31am On Jul 20, 2013
collinsfbi=htien88it?
htien88it: check Purple Olive Guest House here, is one of the cheapest and their site with give you exact rate in naira http://www.purpleolive.co.za/ R230 = about 4k per night or check the site below to make your choice hotel in hanoi

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 8:42am On Jul 20, 2013
are dis documents ok for application by corper. Photocopy of call up letter, copy of posting and acceptance leta, nysc i.d card? Thank u.
opsy4real1: Hi (collinsfbi htien88it) and other members of d house..another friend of mine wishes to apply for south africa tourist visa. He is currently a serving youth corper and would finish his service year by october. However he wishes to apply by month end . As a youth corper please wat documents does he need to use ? Thank u.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 2:50pm On Jul 20, 2013
opsy4real1: are dis documents ok for application by corper. Photocopy of call up letter, copy of posting and acceptance leta, nysc i.d card? Thank u.

Isn't it not an offense to leave your NYSC posting? Isn't it called absconding? And you want to tender an application with those same documents? If the embassy know about Nigeria as they should, they will deny such an application (UNLESS you have a letter from NYSC releasing you to travely).

If your friend wants to apply as a youth corps member, in my opinion, he/she should forget about mentioning NYSC. It's not a plus for him/her, it's a minus.

Others who know better may have contrary opinions anyway.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by playmode(m): 10:01pm On Jul 20, 2013
I will like to offer some advice to the Nigerians who are planning to come to South Africa: DONT COME HERE!

Things have changed and if you are new comer with no relatives in SA you will suffer big time.

I know many will say i don't want them to prosper blah blah but listen attentively.

I have been living in South Africa for close to 13 year and i was lucky to have come here when thing were still easy.

Right now things are hard for Nigerians especially the newcomers,i seen some even using their passport as collateral to obtain loans from private loan sharks.Many of the newcomers sleep in Night clubs once they have exhausted all the money they brought from naija.

Many Nigerians who are here are travelling elsewhere or returning to Nigeria.Only a few of us who have been lucky to establish profitable businesses remain behind.

A words is enough for the wise,do not come to South Africa.Nigerian university certificates are regarded as toilet paper here.There are no jobs for the locals talkless of foreigners.

The local South Africans also dislike Nigerians because of the atrocities some of our brothers commit here.

Right now the only job available for news comers is drug dealing and it extremely dangerous as many Nigerian drug dealer meet their demise every day on the streets of SA.

If you love yourself look for another country to go or use the money you have to start a business.The only way SA will benefit you is if you have a relative who has an established business and can show you the ropes. You have been warned O!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by governing(m): 11:56pm On Jul 20, 2013
@collinsfbi and others. Please I need help on how to pay money into a south African account from nigeria. I am applying to university of Kwazulu-natal and the only means to pay the application fee is directly to the account provided. Note:there is no option to using credit or master card. Please its urgent as your response will be so vital. Tnk and God bless you all
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drake2(m): 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2013
Hi All,
Pls how does one pay SAQA Evaluation fee and get the evidence of payment from Nigeria.
Zenith Bank kudnt do it, don't know why. pls advice, thanks!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by governing(m): 12:18am On Jul 22, 2013
Like we are having similer issue, please can someone help with a way out to resolve this.
drake2: Hi All,
Pls how does one pay SAQA Evaluation fee and get the evidence of payment from Nigeria.
Zenith Bank kudnt do it, don't know why. pls advice, thanks!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drake2(m): 1:49am On Jul 22, 2013
governing: Like we are having similer issue, please can someone help with a way out to resolve this.

yes it seems we are, are u doing qualifications evaluation? if yes we can make a joint representation about d hiccups we are facing in paying d damn fees
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olabent85(m): 5:48am On Jul 22, 2013
Pls Collins I have been issued a South African visa before and I travelled last year but during my visit I went to Mozambique and I came back after a week to Nigeria and I reapplied to the embassy but was refused due to the visit I made to Mozambique and my passport was stamped pls and I called the embassy here in lagos nd was told I should apply again and I want to visit SA again cos I like the country pls advice on what to do
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by governing(m): 8:51am On Jul 22, 2013
@drake2, I already did my evaluation. I used someone in SA to accomplish that but my problem with the guy is that he has little or no time to attend to my issues and at the same time am paying far higher than what the institution are asking for. So this time arroung am trying to do it myself or better still if I can get a good samaritan that can help me over there in SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 9:27am On Jul 22, 2013
did you overstay the time u were permitted to stay until wen u entered s.a? Also was it written on ur refusal note that ur denial was because u traveld to mozambique?
olabent85: Pls Collins I have been issued a South African visa before and I travelled last year but during my visit I went to Mozambique and I came back after a week to Nigeria and I reapplied to the embassy but was refused due to the visit I made to Mozambique and my passport was stamped pls and I called the embassy here in lagos nd was told I should apply again and I want to visit SA again cos I like the country pls advice on what to do
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayoaces: 11:04am On Jul 22, 2013
Hi guys, I've collected my visa o. Thanks for d help
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surdik(m): 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
governing: @drake2, I already did my evaluation. I used someone in SA to accomplish that but my problem with the guy is that he has little or no time to attend to my issues and at the same time am paying far higher than what the institution are asking for. So this time arroung am trying to do it myself or better still if I can get a good samaritan that can help me over there in SA.
Which bank are you paying into and how do you intend getting the payments slip.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by governing(m): 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2013
Am paying into standard bank and I thought the sleep can be sent to me.( I mean scaned copy)
surdik:
Which bank are you paying into and how do you intend getting the payments slip.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drake2(m): 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2013
governing: Am paying into standard bank and I thought the sleep can be sent to me.( I mean scaned copy)

yea same bank, but in Rands (645) for a PhD in indegenous knowledge in kwazulu natal.
@ governing? what was d outcome of ur saqa evaluation?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surdik(m): 5:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
drake2:

yea same bank, but in Rands (645) for a PhD in indegenous knowledge in kwazulu natal.
@ governing? what was d outcome of ur saqa evaluation?
Ohk its fine... I will help you then,
You can contact me by sending me a mail via nairaland.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olabent85(m): 5:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
opsy4real1: did you overstay the time u were permitted to stay until wen u entered s.a? Also was it written on ur refusal note that ur denial was because u traveld to mozambique?

I didnt over stay cos i spent a week in SA in my whole trip and came back to nigeria it was when i called that i was told that it was due to my trip to Mozambique

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.