Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,670 members, 7,827,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1740127 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 01, 2013
adegob: Pls has any1 here been granted tourist visa recently (in abuja), pls when did u apply and when did u get ur visa (i.e hw long did it take)
Pls Can any1 here also help with abuja embassy contacts.. Thanks as you respond, God bless u all!

@adegob, i applied for the tourist visa on wed 24th at Abuja got a msg on mon 29th that it was ready, picked it up on the 31st, visa granted, to be honest i was surprised at the time it took after reading tales of pple who had to withdraw their applications cos of the lenghty wait period, Its a stress free enviroment so long as u get there before 7am so u can be among the first 100 pple they attend to cos i guess they dont attend to more than a 100 per day. If its the tourist visa you want, u dont go to the embassy, its at the vfs center you apply for it, its off Lobito crescent off Ademola Adetokunbo road, Wuse 2. Ask any cab guy, they wld take u there, its a popular destination. As for the embassy contact numbers, google it, its there but dont count on them answering immediately.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bolafancy(f): 10:13am On Aug 01, 2013
Please, how will one know if to pay the repatriation fee..Is it when the visa is granted..I'm asking as my younger brother applied and he is being asked to pay the repatriation fee of N110,000 when he is not even sure of the visa yet..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 01, 2013
bolafancy: Please, how will one know if to pay the repatriation fee..Is it when the visa is granted..I'm asking as my younger brother applied and he is being asked to pay the repatriation fee of N110,000 when he is not even sure of the visa yet..

@bolafancy, ur answers are in the past post of this thread, if u had taken ur time to read thru, notwithstanding from my own understanding if u are asked to pay the repatriation fee u had better do so as its the last criteria before the visa is granted, and im sure he's been given a time limit of which to do so, though i applied and got my own visa without been asked to pay, so i cant tell what criteria is used in asking pple to pay.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by toyinoluwaronke: 2:11pm On Aug 01, 2013
Pls I want to know where I shuld apply for accompany visa for my 2 kids to south africa;is it at the VFS or th SA high comission and what re the required documentations. I am currently on a study permit of 2 yrs. Also would they be required to pay the repatriation considering they are minors;3 months and 3 years old. Thnk u all for the anticipated response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 4:19am On Aug 02, 2013
I got my study permit!. I will like to appreciate the effort of everyone in this forum who guided me through the submission and subsequent issuance of the study permit. I applied on 26th June at Abuja and got it 30th July. Thank you all.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:00am On Aug 02, 2013
Hmmm. I totally forgot to come back here to report.

Hello guys. I applied in Abuja about 7 weeks ago for a student visa. I got it last week and was given about one and half years multiple entry.

I applied myself using all the info I learnt on this thread. Thumbs up guys, you're the best.

SA, here I come.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adegob(m): 5:53pm On Aug 02, 2013
@smokes thanks for your response....my visa too is now granted tho I submitted on july 11 jus got it yesterday!

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 7:48pm On Aug 02, 2013
congratulations adegob! Yours took 15working days. I'm also waiting for the outcome of my visa renewal..i submitted on the 18th july(11working days today)
adegob: @smokes thanks for your response....my visa too is now granted tho I submitted on july 11 jus got it yesterday!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by youngbilly1: 1:45pm On Aug 03, 2013
Good day everyone.

I wanna ask a question I got my south african visitor's visa while I was in accra ghana, I was given a one year multiple visa, currently am in lagos, pls I wanna ask can I travel to south africa from lagos?
thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dannie007(m): 6:51am On Aug 04, 2013
Submitted 24th, still waiting for SMS to come pick up my Tourist Visa, wanna spend 2 weeks in SA and come back. Hope it goes well and I'm so Happy for all you that as been granted and for dose that weren't granted better luck next application.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 2:56pm On Aug 04, 2013
I am really sorry for not being able to reply to some questions for the past weeks, right now i am hocked and i don't really have time to be regular on this thread like before. i have read through the comments of many posters like TYPOP, Surdik, Manager007, STENACO and many others, pls try and help as many colleagues as you can with the little info at your disposal and don't let others be scammed, whatever info you give here will go along way to help thousands. For now I don't think i will be regular here like before though i will try as much as possible to be here once in a while. Peace

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by youngbilly1: 8:54am On Aug 05, 2013
Good day everyone.
I wanna ask a question I got my south african visitor's visa while I
was in accra ghana, I was given a one year multiple visa, currently am
in lagos, pls I wanna ask can I travel to south africa from lagos?
thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Clickemmy: 11:35am On Aug 05, 2013
Will i have my question answered? Proffesionals please be of help
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 4:55pm On Aug 05, 2013
Clickemmy: Collinsfbi how u doing bro. I have got my SAQA, I also have my certificate evaluated by the department of higher education and training in which i was given REQV 15 (professionally qualified) i also hold a provinsional membership certificate of South Africa council of Eductors(SACE) I do hear and i know that some nigerians teach in public schøols though i have never been opportuned to meet one. Pls do u know d procedures of applying for teaching jobs in SA. I have also submited my phd thesis proposal @ UP but i need to get a teaching job

In order to apply or secure teaching jobs in SA, you would have to register with South African Council for Educators (SACE), its the regulatory body for all teachers in SA. You need to only submit your credentials at their office, they will accredit you and give you a teaching certificate. That will then enable you apply and secure teaching jobs in SA.
check out www.sace.org.za

There are always teaching jobs advertised every now and then in print and electronic media. Alternatively, check Department of Education, they always advertise.

I hope this answers your question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 4:56pm On Aug 05, 2013
youngbilly1: Good day everyone.
I wanna ask a question I got my south african visitor's visa while I
was in accra ghana, I was given a one year multiple visa, currently am
in lagos, pls I wanna ask can I travel to south africa from lagos?
thanks

Yes, you can travel from anywhere in the world.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by youngbilly1: 4:58pm On Aug 05, 2013
Manager007:

Yes, you can travel from anywhere in the world.

thank you manager007
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by humberjade: 7:58am On Aug 06, 2013
Pls can u pls help with d following:
1. what day of d week can i apply for a refund of my repatriation deposit form d SA home affairs?

2.What will i have to present (documents) to them?

3.What is d address of their office where dis refund can be reclaimed

4. How long will it take me to get d refund?

Pls ur urgent response is needed...Thanks

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by damola91: 1:38pm On Aug 06, 2013
@TYPOP, BOSS did u have to call them?! Because, i called them upper week and they told me to call back last week, since then, the number hasnt been going thru.
TYPOP: Hmmm. I totally forgot to come back here to report.

Hello guys. I applied in Abuja about 7 weeks ago for a student visa. I got it last week and was given about one and half years multiple entry.

I applied myself using all the info I learnt on this thread. Thumbs up guys, you're the best.

SA, here I come.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 6:41pm On Aug 06, 2013
Hello every one
please i want to reapply for s.a visit visa again by september because i was denied this july 23rd. Please guys will my invitation letter be signed and stamped by s.a police or is it only the sworn oath letter that needs to be signed and stamped ?
pls help me guyz i dont want to be denied again. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 11:39pm On Aug 06, 2013
wat was d reason for ur denial? Whr did u apply? A friend was denied in may at abuja and reapplied afta 2wks and was again denied(reason:RECENTLY DENIED) .Then it baffled us since it was indicated in d first refusal note that if he wishes to reapply he shud attach all required documents..and wich he did. Then we cald s.a embasy abuja why he was rejectd and they said he ought nt to apply until afta 6months frm d initial denial
ibrak200: Hello every one
please i want to reapply for s.a visit visa again by september because i was denied this july 23rd. Please guys will my invitation letter be signed and stamped by s.a police or is it only the sworn oath letter that needs to be signed and stamped ?
pls help me guyz i dont want to be denied again. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Exline101: 7:09am On Aug 07, 2013
Hi Nairalanders.......Am about to set out to SA next week........I want to know what and what i need ......I heard about Polio Vaccine (How do i go about it?) And is their any other thing required? Is just 3 months Visitors Visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jamiu4real(m): 11:03am On Aug 07, 2013
House , I would like to know the list of document the South Africa embassy will be requesting for in order for them to issue me a visiting visa because my friend wife who is a citizen of South Africa will be sending me an invitation letter to apply for the visa, I really need help on this from the nairalander.. your contribution will be highly appreciated.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by youngbilly1: 4:19pm On Aug 07, 2013
hello nairalanders this my first time flying to SA I wanna know what flight between Arik and South African Airways is good..I heard Arik is cheaper
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
youngbilly1: hello nairalanders this my first time flying to SA I wanna know what flight between Arik and South African Airways is good..I heard Arik is cheaper
i'd advice u to use South African Airline... They give Less trouble... its will be a good experience...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by youngbilly1: 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2013
Horladortune: i'd advice u to use South African Airline... They give Less trouble... its will be a good experience...

thank you

my friend got his visa issued in accra but flew in lagos, he followed arik and he was asked for a ghanania id card but he didnt have one so he paid $300 before he could leave...I also was told they collect bribe from first timers like N4000 or N4500 which is very bad. I will fly via south african airline will keep checking the fees currently its $644.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surdik(m): 7:19pm On Aug 07, 2013
Exline101: Hi Nairalanders.......Am about to set out to SA next week........I want to know what and what i need ......I heard about Polio Vaccine (How do i go about it?) And is their any other thing required? Is just 3 months Visitors Visa
Am sure you don't need much since you have your visa, just have your valid yellow card with you, your BTA, confirmed hotel reservation if staying in hotel and don't deal with strangers.. If you have any issue you can ask any security officer around.. And how long are you staying? And where are you going in SA?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surdik(m): 7:33pm On Aug 07, 2013
jamiu4real: House , I would like to know the list of document the South Africa embassy will be requesting for in order for them to issue me a visiting visa because my friend wife who is a citizen of South Africa will be sending me an invitation letter to apply for the visa, I really need help on this from the nairalander.. your contribution will be highly appreciated.
www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria/pdf/Checklist_final_version_29.08.12.pdf
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 7:34pm On Aug 07, 2013
opsy4real1: wat was d reason for ur denial? Whr did u apply? A friend was denied in may at abuja and reapplied afta 2wks and was again denied(reason:RECENTLY DENIED) .Then it baffled us since it was indicated in d first refusal note that if he wishes to reapply he shud attach all required documents..and wich he did. Then we cald s.a embasy abuja why he was rejectd and they said he ought nt to apply until afta 6months frm d initial denial
thanks so much for this info i wanted to apply again by September but i think i should just relax and find another good country to go. thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jamiu4real(m): 2:41pm On Aug 08, 2013
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Alenkakent(m): 2:50pm On Aug 08, 2013
kingmayor:
I got my study permit!. I will like to appreciate the effort of everyone in this forum who guided me through the submission and subsequent issuance of the study permit. I applied on 26th June at Abuja and got it 30th July. Thank you all.
♠ don't really get it... Is it just study permit u need to study in SA or u need both the permit and Visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Alenkakent(m): 2:58pm On Aug 08, 2013
TYPOP: Hmmm. I totally forgot to come back here to report.

SA, here I come.
Pls which school can apply to in SA for my masters in biotechnology or public health? Pls ♠ mean a cheap school o
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifizi(m): 3:07pm On Aug 08, 2013
Good day guys, have been reading this page, have been to s.a b4 n stayed in hillbrow, well dat was 2010 during d world cup, but dts nt d ish now a friend of mine wants to apply for a student visa and she needs my help but I can't cos wen I travelled I wasn't involved in doin my visa n all, I wanna knw what it requires to get a student visa, amount and all. And is it ok if she does a visiting visa or tourist visa with intention of staying and schooling, and yes she is a ist timer, (virgin passport)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.