Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1736661 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 12:28pm On Aug 09, 2013
Study permit is a type of visa that is issued for applicants that want to study in SA for a duration of more than 3 months. Its a type of temporary residence permit.

Alenkakent:
♠ don't really get it... Is it just study permit u need to study in SA or u need both the permit and Visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 12:38pm On Aug 09, 2013
These are all the documents required to apply for study permit.
Admission letter
Form bi 1738
Letter of self introduction
medical certificate
radiological certificate
police certificate
student medical aid cover
6 months Bank statement or sponsor letter
yellow card certificate
international passport
SAQA (not required at abuja but required in Lagos)
flight itinery
letter of invitation for accomodation or hotel reservation for some days
1 passport photo with white background

She cannot register for any programme exceeding 3 months duration with visiting or tourist visa, or else she goes to SA on a visiting or tourist visa then applies for admission at the school and when the admission is granted she will then apply for study permit. but I will advice that she just do everything from here, so when she gets admitted to some course she can then apply for the study permit at lagos or abuja SA high commission. There is no problem being a first timer so far her documents are complete and authentic.
As per the amount and everything, school fees for schools differ. U can search the internet to get all the details you want. Embassy will charge 18k for study permit application and 110k for repatriation fee.

ifizi: Good day guys, have been reading this page, have been to s.a b4 n stayed in hillbrow, well dat was 2010 during d world cup, but dts nt d ish now a friend of mine wants to apply for a student visa and she needs my help but I can't cos wen I travelled I wasn't involved in doin my visa n all, I wanna knw what it requires to get a student visa, amount and all. And is it ok if she does a visiting visa or tourist visa with intention of staying and schooling, and yes she is a ist timer, (virgin passport)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifizi(m): 4:22pm On Aug 09, 2013
Tanx @ mayor, d tin is, she doesn't knw d scholl she wants to go yet, so she cnt get d admision leter yet. Let's jst say d money for her schoolin wud cum nxt year, bt she has to stay dere ist
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:35am On Aug 10, 2013
@Collinsfbi and all! How are you guys doing? I was wondering! Which close neighboring country to SA can I go with my valid SA visa just to stamp my out and in since SA said a visit not to exceed 30 days! And I no wan fumble! Or it does not matter?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by alphizo(m): 6:52am On Aug 10, 2013
Manager007:

In order to apply or secure teaching jobs in SA, you would have to register with South African Council for Educators (SACE), its the regulatory body for all teachers in SA. You need to only submit your credentials at their office, they will accredit you and give you a teaching certificate. That will then enable you apply and secure teaching jobs in SA.
check out www.sace.org.za

There are always teaching jobs advertised every now and then in print and electronic media. Alternatively, check Department of Education, they always advertise.

I hope this answers your question.

I thank everybody for your contributions to this thread. My question is, to become an educator here in south Africa, do I need to be evaluated by SAQA before I join the SACE? Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by alphizo(m): 6:59am On Aug 10, 2013
Clickemmy: Collinsfbi how u doing bro. I have got my SAQA, I also have my certificate evaluated by the department of higher education and training in which i was given REQV 15 (professionally qualified) i also hold a provinsional membership certificate of South Africa council of Eductors(SACE) I do hear and i know that some nigerians teach in public schøols though i have never been opportuned to meet one. Pls do u know d procedures of applying for teaching jobs in SA. I have also submited my phd thesis proposal @ UP but i need to get a teaching job

@Clickemmy n Collinsfbi.... Pls am a graduate from college of education n studied Computer Science, I want to teach in South Africa, do I need to be evaluated by SAQA before I register at SACE? Pls what do I need to do? Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifizi(m): 10:07am On Aug 10, 2013
Guys is it possible to go through a visitin visa or tourist visa, with the purpose of schooling
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surdik(m): 12:01pm On Aug 10, 2013
Horladortune: @Collinsfbi and all! How are you guys doing? I was wondering! Which close neighboring country to SA can I go with my valid SA visa just to stamp my out and in since SA said a visit not to exceed 30 days! And I no wan fumble! Or it does not matter?
Apply for either Swaziland or bostwana Tourist Visa using any trustworthy immigration lawyer, with this you can be stamped in and out of SA and that gives you the opportunity to stay another month in SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surdik(m): 12:28pm On Aug 10, 2013
ifizi: Guys is it possible to go through a visitin visa or tourist visa, with the purpose of schooling
Yeah its possible. You can come here with your admission letter and make sure you pay your repatriation fee in Nigeria before coming coz its kindda expensive here.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surdik(m): 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2013
alphizo:

@Clickemmy n Collinsfbi.... Pls am a graduate from college of education n studied Computer Science, I want to teach in South Africa, do I need to be evaluated by SAQA before I register at SACE? Pls what do I need to do? Thank you
You need to evaluate your certificate with SAQA before you register with SACE.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifizi(m): 2:19pm On Aug 10, 2013
surdik:
Yeah its possible. You can come here with your admission letter and make sure you pay your repatriation fee in Nigeria before coming coz its kindda expensive here.

She has not applied, what admission letter? And what are d requirements for visitin and tourist visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 4:56pm On Aug 10, 2013
hey pple! Hows it going? I applied for visa renewal at abuja on 18th july and as at wed 7th aug it has clocked 15working days and still unda assesment. The number of days here isnt d issue but that my intended check in date with the hotel i booked is monday 12 Aug-19 Aug. And by that monday wen my reservation wud be cancelled b4 they do anytin on it at the embasy...wat r my chances that way?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by STENACO: 6:10am On Aug 11, 2013
I will attach the telex of the money that was transfered to m school account directly when I return from service today so that you will understand that domicillary account transfer work. With Zenoth bank you can do the transfer even from your home. If all these option fails I will help you to do that but have to pay in Rand equivalent to my zenith account then I will withdraw and. Pay in toyour school account. I will then send you the teller. This I said is if every other option has failed. This is just to help and what I want to prove justwise wrong in as much as people are deperate but we ought to have conscience to help our brothers in help.
governing: @STENACO,thank you for your response and since you have experience this before, I know you would understand the situation am into. I have tried all possible means but all to no avail. I even try opening a domicilliary account and the procedure and charges are now my concern. Coupled with the fact that I really don't know the importance of the domain account.

Please I won't mind any advice or the suggestion. I have sent you an email.

I would also want to appreciate the effort of surdik(is a nice guy) who is in SA and tried to help but no way out.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by STENACO: 6:24am On Aug 11, 2013
Before you do anything with that your certificate is SA you have to evaluate it with SAQA. That is what helps them to grade it with the standard of what they have over here.
alphizo:

I thank everybody for your contributions to this thread. My question is, to become an educator here in south Africa, do I need to be evaluated by SAQA before I join the SACE? Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:37am On Aug 11, 2013
STENACO: I will attach the telex of the money that was transfered to m school account directly when I return from service today so that you will understand that domicillary account transfer work. With Zenoth bank you can do the transfer even from your home. If all these option fails I will help you to do that but have to pay in Rand equivalent to my zenith account then I will withdraw and. Pay in toyour school account. I will then send you the teller. This I said is if every other option has failed. This is just to help and what I want to prove justwise wrong in as much as people are deperate but we ought to have conscience to help our brothers in help.

Don't prove me wrong, do what is right.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adegob(m): 10:33am On Aug 11, 2013
[center][/center][color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
opsy4real1: hey pple! Hows it going? I applied for visa renewal at abuja on 18th july and as at wed 7th aug it has clocked 15working days and still unda assesment. The number of days here isnt d issue but that my intended check in date with the hotel i booked is monday 12 Aug-19 Aug. And by that monday wen my reservation wud be cancelled b4 they do anytin on it at the embasy...wat r my chances that way?

Call the embassy on ‎094624200 it helps.....btw 9am and 4pm (Mon - Fri)!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by governing(m): 11:04am On Aug 12, 2013
I think JUSTWISE is trying to be cautions which is a good thing to the forum
justwise:

, but @STENACO I THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP YOU HAVE RENDERED SO FAR. I BELIEVE PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE REAR ON THIS PLANET EARTH (TRYING TO HELP SOMEONE WHO NEEDS IT)
[/quote][q
justwise:

uo
STENACO: I will attach the telex of the money that was transfered to m school account directly when I return from service today so that you will understand that domicillary account transfer work. With Zenoth bank you can do the transfer even from your home. If all these option fails I will help you to do that but have to pay in Rand equivalent to my zenith account then I will withdraw and. Pay in toyour school account. I will then send you the teller. This I said is if every other option has failed. This is just to help and what I want to prove justwise wrong in as much as people are deperate but we ought to have conscience to help our brothers in help.
te author=justwise]

Don't prove me wrong, do what is right. [/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by youngbilly1: 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2013
good morning everyone.

this my first time traveling to SA, I get scared when people say the immigration officers in nigeria ask for some weird bill like collecting bribe and might delay your flight if you dont drop something. I have my south African 1yr muiliple visa already. have bought my ticket from south african airways. what else do I need to avoif issues.

thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by STENACO: 6:32am On Aug 13, 2013
Just make sure you have your letter of invitation and your accomodation details in SA. If you want to play with their intelligence just hold your mastercards because they will definitely ask of your BTA. Telll them you have paid in the money you will use on your account that you can not take cash around because of insecurity, finally dress responsibly and be ready to speak. Be at the airport at least 3hrs before your flight depature. Don't give them any money.
youngbilly1: good morning everyone.

this my first time traveling to SA, I get scared when people say the immigration officers in nigeria ask for some weird bill like collecting bribe and might delay your flight if you dont drop something. I have my south African 1yr muiliple visa already. have bought my ticket from south african airways. what else do I need to avoif issues.

thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 7:02am On Aug 13, 2013
holding ur mastercard might not help at all...im telling you it doesnt help one of my friend abt 2 months ago as he wasnt allowed until he withdrew that money and even cudnt make d trip until the following day as he missed his flight for dat day as a result. Better hold ur 500bucks..
STENACO: Just make sure you have your letter of invitation and your accomodation details in SA. If you want to play with their intelligence just hold your mastercards because they will definitely ask of your BTA. Telll them you have paid in the money you will use on your account that you can not take cash around because of insecurity, finally dress responsibly and be ready to speak. Be at the airport at least 3hrs before your flight depature. Don't give them any money.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by youngbilly1: 3:12pm On Aug 13, 2013
STENACO: Just make sure you have your letter of invitation and your accomodation details in SA. If you want to play with their intelligence just hold your mastercards because they will definitely ask of your BTA. Telll them you have paid in the money you will use on your account that you can not take cash around because of insecurity, finally dress responsibly and be ready to speak. Be at the airport at least 3hrs before your flight depature. Don't give them any money.

i dont have a letter of invitation, is it compulsory...i have $700 am taking along with me..my brother said when i arrive at SA i should tell them my brother is at the 2nd gate to pick me up so i dont need hotel reservation
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by youngbilly1: 3:21pm On Aug 13, 2013
opsy4real1: holding ur mastercard might not help at all...im telling you it doesnt help one of my friend abt 2 months ago as he wasnt allowed until he withdrew that money and even cudnt make d trip until the following day as he missed his flight for dat day as a result. Better hold ur 500bucks..

thanks bro...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by youngbilly1: 3:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
opsy4real1: holding ur mastercard might not help at all...im telling you it doesnt help one of my friend abt 2 months ago as he wasnt allowed until he withdrew that money and even cudnt make d trip until the following day as he missed his flight for dat day as a result. Better hold ur 500bucks..

thanks bro
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sammiejokes(m): 9:18pm On Aug 14, 2013
please I just got a formal acceptance to study in SA.
Where is the embassy for study permit?
how do I get the Application form/
what are the required documents.please I need prompt responses
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 6:19am On Aug 15, 2013
Hello house, please which hotel in joburg can I make a resevation with but not pay until I am sure of my departure date. I need the accommodation letter to submit with my study permit. Also the repatriation for with respect to study permit is it to be paid upfront or I am to wait till the embassy request for it. Thanks for your quick response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 7:10am On Aug 15, 2013
@ all, I have been offered PhD admission to Rhodes University, Grahamstown, SA.I would like to know what documents are required for Visa processing and the estimated cost of flight from Nigeria to SA.
Is medical expenses the same as insurance fee? I was told to pay for my insurance fee (about R12,000) before my departure while the school only quote for medical expenses.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sammiejokes(m): 7:38am On Aug 15, 2013
please how can I get the yellow card and can I download the application form online or I have to go to the embassy.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 9:33am On Aug 15, 2013
Sammiejokes: please I just got a formal acceptance to study in SA.
Where is the embassy for study permit?
how do I get the Application form/
what are the required documents.please I need prompt responses

Read through the previous pages, u will find the answers there. You can either apply @Lagos or Abuja south african high commission. You will have to wait until November before they start accepting application for study permit again
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 9:35am On Aug 15, 2013
Sammiejokes: please how can I get the yellow card and can I download the application form online or I have to go to the embassy.

You can go to the port health dept. at the Murtala Muhammed international airport for the yellow card. You can download the forms online, u can also get it at the embassy.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 9:38am On Aug 15, 2013
chemashie: @ all, I have been offered PhD admission to Rhodes University, Grahamstown, SA.I would like to know what documents are required for Visa processing and the estimated cost of flight from Nigeria to SA.
Is medical expenses the same as insurance fee? I was told to pay for my insurance fee (about R12,000) before my departure while the school only quote for medical expenses.

Its the same thing, its called medical insurance fee
You can get a list of all documents required in the previous pages, 54, 55
SA flight is currently around 105k
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 9:40am On Aug 15, 2013
elume2020: Hello house, please which hotel in joburg can I make a resevation with but not pay until I am sure of my departure date. I need the accommodation letter to submit with my study permit. Also the repatriation for with respect to study permit is it to be paid upfront or I am to wait till the embassy request for it. Thanks for your quick response.

The consular will tell you at the point of submission whether to pay immediately or not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: sirrotex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.