Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,232 members, 7,811,646 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe (2633 Views)

Halliburton Scandal: Buhari May Go After IBB, Abdulsalami, Jubril Aminu / Obasanjo, Atiku Are Finished Politically – Jubril Aminu / Jubril Aminu Calls For Ban Of Christian Association Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by Iman3(m): 5:22pm On Nov 17, 2007
A Munich court has named four past Nigerian ministers of communications - Messrs Cornelius Adebayo, Haruna Elewi, Tajudeen Olarenwaju and Bello Mohammed - as well as other officials, an immigration officer and Senator Jubril Aminu, Chairman Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs, as having received bribes of about 10 million Euros from the German engineering conglomerate, Siemens AG.

In a court document obtained by the Wall Street Journal the German multinational was indicted by the court for paying millions of Euros in bribes to cabinet ministers in Nigeria, Russia and Libya as it sought to win lucrative contracts for telecommunications equipment.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200711170020.html
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by Iman3(m): 5:25pm On Nov 17, 2007
The former ministers were Chief Cornelius Adebayo, retired General Tajudeen Olanrewaju, Dr. Mohammed Bello and Alhaji Haruna Elewi.
They were all at different times and under different regimes Ministers of Communications.

While Olanrewaju served in the regime of late General Sani Abacha, others were part of the regime of President Olusegun Obasanjo between 1999 and 2007.

The senator named in the bribery scandal was Prof. Jubril Aminu. Other government officials named occupied different offices in the Nigerian Telecommunications Company (NITEL) and the Nigeria Immigrations Service (NIS).

The bribery scandal, according to The Wall Street Journal, was uncovered as a result of the probe of Siemens AG by a Munich State Court in Germany.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/17112007/news/news1.html
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by Afam(m): 6:04pm On Nov 17, 2007
And these stupid foreign companies will keep offering bribes only to turn around to say that corruption is high in Nigeria.

Companies like these should be shown the way out while the government officials should be jailed for life if death penalty seems too harsh for now.
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by almondjoy(f): 6:56pm On Nov 17, 2007
Go and tell EFCC! What do you want us to do about it? undecided

Please make we hear word oh! Keep concentrating on Ibori, Kalu and other South-Easterners.

All these Arewa Oduduwa looters will never let Nigeria see progress!

Rubbish!
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by Orikinla(m): 6:57pm On Nov 17, 2007
The Nigerian pigs indicted in this case should be made to refund the millions of Euros and then jail them accordingly.

Where is the EFCC?

Enough is enough.
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by illusion2: 7:18pm On Nov 17, 2007
almondjoy:

Go and tell EFCC! What do you want us to do about it? undecided

Please make we hear word oh! Keep concentrating on Ibori, Kalu and other South-Easterners.

All these Arewa Oduduwa looters will never let Nigeria see progress!

Rubbish!

Almondjoy, I will refrain from being rude ,but you will agree with me that this your point of view is to a large extent very shallow. Corruption knows no race or tribe & its impact on the larger society transcends primordial considerations. A thief is a thief whether he/she is from the North,East,West or South.
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by illusion2: 7:23pm On Nov 17, 2007
As for the topic, I can only say The chickens have definitely come to roost.

This is only the beginning,when looked at against the backdrop of the current Willbros saga,things are moving forward,while we may blame the Americans &Europeans, we should at least salute their system that to a large extent allow this sort of thing to come out to the open,

Any govt official taking bribes now will know that sooner or later the gist will come out,
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by EmekaNaija(m): 7:27pm On Nov 17, 2007
I think the EFCC needs to beam of Senator Jubril Aminu most especially. This is because of the way Aminu kept fooling himself with Obasanjo during the Atiku corruption and pre-election saga. Events by each turn of the day suggests that the EFCC is either a toothless bulldog or it is being used. I'm so tired of this EFCC that if possible Yaradua should dissolve it. The same EFCC that has been shouting Atiku Atiku is yet to arrest him  6 months after his immunity elapsed. Jubril Aminu should be arrested immediately. Aminu's case is the worst to me because as a current Senator with such allegation hanging on his nect, how does he expect to discharge his duties to the Adamaza people. This is the same Aminu that would never let us hear word.
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by almondjoy(f): 8:07pm On Nov 17, 2007
illusion2:

Almondjoy, I will refrain from being rude ,but you will agree with me that this your point of view is to a large extent very shallow. Corruption knows no race or tribe & its impact on the larger society transcends primordial considerations. A thief is a thief whether he/she is from the North,East,West or South.

Thank you, this may be a male dominated area of Nairaland, but I am not intimidated by that to be prevented from posting comments here as you can see. I do not take kindly to rudeness from uncouth males--from any part of the world.

My comment may be shallow as you call it.  It is what I believe and I stand by it! cool 

Like I said--Go and tell the EFCC and stop disturbing us here with your complaints.  Some of us are sick of it! kiss
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by illusion2: 8:21pm On Nov 17, 2007
almondjoy:

Thank you, this may be a male dominated area of Nairaland, but I am not intimidated by that to be prevented from posting comments here as you can see. I do not take kindly to rudeness from uncouth males--from any part of the world.

My comment may be shallow as you call it.  It is what I believe and I stand by it! cool 

Like I said--Go and tell the EFCC and stop disturbing us here with your complaints.  Some of us are sick of it! kiss

Nobody said anything about your not posting your comments & you have every right to say your mind,
I particularly appreciate ladies that have interest in politics/sports wink
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by Danmasani(m): 8:31pm On Nov 17, 2007
Oya, I urge EFCC to without hesitation investigate this matter and brings all those involved to book. Yar'adua now has a clear opportunity to show that he is not a stooge to OBJ. Aminu, Adebayo, Mohammed Bello among others are known to be arch-supporters of OBJ. This scandal cannot just be swept off.
The Nigerian Public through the newspapers must call for investigations on this one. The Wilbros scandal must also be revealed with names of Nigerian PDP members involved.

Considering that Jibril Aminu poses each time as some form of statesman and astute politician, these allegations will clearly be his political downfall. He has lost my respect!
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 17, 2007
Nigeria is a nation of corrupt rogues.
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by Danmasani(m): 8:39pm On Nov 17, 2007
davidylan:

Nigeria is a nation of corrupt rogues.

Oboy how far now? e don dey snow for una area??
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by DisGuy: 9:02pm On Nov 17, 2007
good one, I wonder why the names of those involved with the Willbros trail have not been published
Willbros Bribery

ICPC should take this one, the AGF is giving EFCC extra work cheesy
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 17, 2007
Danmasani:

Oboy how far now? e don dey snow for una area??

bros, the snow just shower small yesterday morning. e suppose fall first for ur end o. grin I dey hibernation mode now.
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by olanajim(m): 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2007
Wao! What a land of corruption! It takes foreign country to exposed our incorruptible saints! To say that Sen Jubril Aminu is thief baffle me. No wonder, he was hell bent on silencing Atiku! Who knows Atiku might have known something about it! As for others mentioned, I am not surprise. They walked into power with debt on their head and left with questionable wealth.

As for EFCC, I am sure the present AGF would ensure it remained redondance in the name of due process. I think Ribadu is at cross road. He is now reporting to his enemies. If he act against AGF order, he risk losing his job. He can't resign now as he has little to fall on. That is the prize for being uncorrupted in Nigeria. He would be forgotten once he resign.

Nigerians has to stand firm against corruption. We have to demand for action. Amimu and co must be probed.

Alimondjoy, if I had not known you, I would have taken you up. But then, you are right in a way.
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by Femonjay(m): 9:50pm On Nov 17, 2007
wind of change!
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by almondjoy(f): 10:19pm On Nov 17, 2007
Yet this corruption has no element of 'tribal conspiracy" to it.  Wind of change indeed!

davidylan:

bros, the snow just shower small yesterday morning. e suppose fall first for your end o. grin I dey hibernation mode now.

Hey!  Wahala! lipsrsealed

Danmasani:

Oya, I urge EFCC to without hesitation investigate this matter and brings all those involved to book. Yar'adua now has a clear opportunity to show that he is not a stooge to OBJ. Aminu, Adebayo, Muhammad Bello among others are known to be arch-supporters of OBJ. This scandal cannot just be swept off.
The Nigerian Public through the newspapers must call for investigations on this one. The Wilbros scandal must also be revealed with names of Nigerian PDP members involved.

Considering that Jibril Aminu poses each time as some form of statesman and astute politician, these allegations will clearly be his political downfall. He has lost my respect!

We don hear.  I do not know how anyone in OBJ's government can have clean hands.  Like we are stupid or something?  I am glad he did not fool you to your grave!  Wait for more evidence to end up in the trash can or burned in federal buildings.

olanajim:

Wao! What a land of corruption! It takes foreign country to exposed our incorruptible saints! To say that Sen Jubril Aminu is thief baffle me. No wonder, he was hell bent on silencing Atiku! Who knows Atiku might have known something about it! As for others mentioned, I am not surprise. They walked into power with debt on their head and left with questionable wealth.

As for EFCC, I am sure the present AGF would ensure it remained redondance in the name of due process. I think Ribadu is at cross road. He is now reporting to his enemies. If he act against AGF order, he risk losing his job. He can't resign now as he has little to fall on. That is the prize for being uncorrupted in Nigeria. He would be forgotten once he resign.

Nigerians has to stand firm against corruption. We have to demand for action. Amimu and co must be probed.

Alimondjoy, if I had not known you, I would have taken you up. But then, you are right in a way.

Oh my oh my!  Day don dey break for some people.  All I can say is 'goooo morrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrin'! tongue
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by Jakumo(m): 5:14am On Nov 18, 2007
I know this is very off topic, but DAVIDYLAN must by now be quite bemused at the sheer number of admirers who have popped up out of the woodwork and chosen to use screen names that superficially resemble the one and ONLY original.

There is a DOVIDylan posting in this thread, and in other threads I have seen a davydylan@yahoo.com, as well as a (fake) davidylan, all of whom are noticeably less articulate than the person they are trying so desperately to impersonate. Will the real Elvis please stand up ?

Given that imitation has been described as the most sincere form of flattery, one wonders how much that horde of copy-cats is appreciated by their mentor, given that just about all of the folks aping Davidylan's screen name are obviously too short on originality to come up with their own identities, and do not at all share the command of the English language displayed by their role model.
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by Nobody: 5:30am On Nov 18, 2007
Bros Jakumo . . . i am most humbled by your submission.
After fruitless attempts to oga Seun to have the impersonators banned, i have officially given up . . . it is my firm belief that the admin simply enjoys the drama that the criminals bring to the forum.

The real Davidylan can be identified by simply looking at the post count.

Thanks to people like you who have taken the pains to try to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by naijaking1: 5:49am On Nov 18, 2007
"Imitation is the great form of admiration" I forgot who said it, but it's true.

The story of OBJ boys and corruption would never end.
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by almondjoy(f): 7:24am On Nov 18, 2007
He he he he he he he he he he he he he! cheesy

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!  Na wah oh! tongue

Holy Ghost---------------------------Fire!!!!!
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by jerrymania(m): 7:13pm On Nov 18, 2007
Good Beginning. Lets see how The Federal Government will aid these White Men bundle the crooks. Shey Yar'Adua said Fight of corruption is his fight? anyway whats the new story on this?
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by Orikinla(m): 7:32pm On Nov 18, 2007
Nigeria: Siemens Bribery Scandal - Suspects'll Be Prosecuted in Country, Says EFCC

http://allafrica.com/stories/200711180025.html
davidylan:

Bros Jakumo . . . i am most humbled by your submission.
After fruitless attempts to oga Seun to have the impersonators banned, i have officially given up . . . it is my firm belief that the admin simply enjoys the drama that the criminals bring to the forum.

The real Davidylan can be identified by simply looking at the post count.

Thanks to people like you who have taken the pains to try to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Your blog is enough to separate the sheep from the goats.

If Seun should remove the fake posters from Nairaland, I am afraid that Nairaland would be left with only about 35, 000 members. So, Seun prefers the quantity to the quality.

Most of the fake members are females with four different IDs.
The Romance board is their Red Light Zone.
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by nigeria1: 2:30am On Nov 19, 2007
Cornelius Adebayo, Haruna Elewi, Tajudeen Olarenwaju and Bello Muhammad - as well as other officials, an immigration officer and Senator Jubril Aminu

I see ethincs politics been play in this story, Here are my question, Did IBB not collect bribe from this same company. Yes IBB must have, Did Abacha not collect money from seimen Yes abacha did, where are the names of the minister under IBB and abacha which we all know were know for collecting bribe, Why are thier names missing from the list, This is politics at work, Why is this story coming just some days after president Yar adua visit Germany, ?, just last week or thier about some people with the federal govt launch attack on a while know Yoruba pastor, I think they claim N20 billion naira, How possible was it that one pastor car import N20 billion car into Nigeria, Do the maths, 20,000,000,000 divided by the price of one car, Do you think a pastor can import that much car into Nigeria, I see ethinics politics in this, I think it has to stop by those who are punishing it in the presidency, It is not good for a New Nigeria.
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by willy4: 6:07am On Nov 19, 2007
illusion2:

Almondjoy, I will refrain from being rude ,but you will agree with me  that this your point of view is to a large extent very shallow. Corruption knows no race or tribe & its impact on the larger society transcends primordial considerations. A thief is a thief whether he/she is from the North,East,West or South.
Yoruba's are too corrupt, the should work hard and stop this mess. Last time one Fulani told me that they Yoruba's were the people who taught them how to dig hand into Nigeria treasury after the Nigeria/Biafra war which i rebutted. But for me i believe sey Fulani/Hausa dey more corrupt than Yoruba.
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by almondjoy(f): 7:25am On Nov 19, 2007
willy*2:

Yoruba's are too corrupt, the should work hard and stop this mess. Last time one Fulani told me that they Yoruba's were the people who taught them how to dig hand into Nigeria treasury after the Nigeria/Biafra war which i rebutted. But for me i believe sey Fulani/Hausa dey more corrupt than Yoruba.

Corrution is everywhere in Nigeria and no single tribe is more corrupt than the other. The reason you might feel that the Hausa-Fulani are more corrupt that the Yoruba is the fact that the northeners are more. I always maintain that there is a tribal component regarding corruption simply because politics in Nigeria is dominated the Arewa-Oduduwa Accord. The fact that they are more in number does not make them corrupt. If you take a representative sample across all tribes in Nigeria, you will find the same level of corruption.

The only reason it does not show up in some parts of Nigeria is the simple fact that those over there have not been given the chance to show how corrrupt they are.---Maddam Patricia Etteh comes to mind. Given the same opportunity as the dominant northerners and westerners--you will definitely find the same if not worse. It is a "Nigerian" thing!!!
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by Afam(m): 9:22am On Nov 19, 2007
@nigeria1,

I have not seen anyone in my life that is as tribalistic as you are. Or, do you imagine that Hausa presidents must appoint Hausa ministers? Is that your line of reasoning?
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by illusion2: 9:35am On Nov 19, 2007
nigeria1:

Cornelius Adebayo, Haruna Elewi, Tajudeen Olarenwaju and Bello Muhammad - as well as other officials, an immigration officer and Senator Jubril Aminu

I see ethincs politics been play in this story, Here are my question, Did IBB not collect bribe from this same company. Yes IBB must have, Did Abacha not collect money from seimen Yes abacha did, where are the names of the minister under IBB and abacha which [s]we all know were know for collecting bribe[/s], Why are their names missing from the list, This is politics at work, Why is this story coming just some days after president Yar adua visit Germany, ?, just last week or their about some people with the [s]federal govt launch attack on a while know Yoruba [/s] pastor, I think they claim N20 billion naira, How possible was it that [s]one pastor car import N20 billion car into Nigeria[/s], Do the maths, 20,000,000,000 divided by the price of one car, Do you think a[s] pastor can import that much car into Nigeria[/s], I see ethinics politics in this, I think it has to stop by [s]those who are punishing it in the presidency[/s], It is not good for a New Nigeria.

My only advise for you sir,with all due respects is that you're perfectly within your rights to post your comments in Yoruba or pidgin english, most nairalanders will understand,  kindly advise the Yoruba Pastor, and may i ask what has this got to do with siemensgate?

willy*2:

While not attempting to defend anybody,this is another posting that lacks depth & common sense, (apologies pls)
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by willy4: 10:10am On Nov 19, 2007
illusion2:

While not attempting to defend anybody,this is another posting that lacks depth & common sense, (apologies please)
Is it because they YORUBA'S and Hausa/Fulani are the greatest producers/manufacturers of Corruption in Nigeria?
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by illusion2: 11:24am On Nov 19, 2007
Not really
Re: Sen Jubril Aminu,olanrewaju,adebayo,elewi,others Named In 10m Euro Bribe by almondjoy(f): 11:46am On Nov 19, 2007
willy*2:

Is it because they YORUBA'S and Hausa/Fulani are the greatest producers/manufacturers of Corruption in Nigeria?

Yes, they are because they hold more top political offices and are more of the tribal majorities in Nigeria.  As a result, their sins are magnified.  Hey?  You take the good with the bad!

illusion2:

My only advise for you sir,with all due respects is that you're perfectly within your rights to post your comments in Yoruba or pidgin english, most nairalanders will understand,  kindly advise the Yoruba Pastor, and may i ask what has this got to do with siemensgate?

While not attempting to defend anybody,this is another posting that lacks depth & common sense, (apologies please)

You can apologise all you want.  Polite insults are okay!  The fact still remains------------------and there is nothing you can do about it.  The major problems in Nigeria are caused by the ability of these groups of people to use their political and social clout to manipulate the disunity of the other ethnic groups in Nigeria and successfully gamble away the future of Nigeria.  Whether you accept it or not--IT IS THE FACT!

So keep dreaming! If the civil war did not teach you anything, then you are the one that owes anyone an apology here because frankly,--your logic of irrelevance to location, identity, space and time stink! Infact, simply put--you are disoriented to the 4th power! It is very easy to see that snort still runs from your nose unwiped!

The main reason Ribadu will for ever remain a "dunce" in my eyes!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News : Jos Boils Again, Over 500 Killed In Reprisal Attack! / Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! / Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.