Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,770 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? (33483 Views)

These 5 Powerful People May Cause Nigeria’s Break-up / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka / IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 5:24pm On May 28, 2012
Logic Mind:

I don't know if we could agree on this subject of our relationship with our south south neighbours. You think and act like we need them. They take the cue and act like we need them. I say we don't need them. I have given some of my reasons previously. Your stance is making us look subservient to these southerners.
If you are going to lead the igbo people you should at least accomodate our mentality: we do not like being seen as subservient to anybody. We have too proud a history for that.

Dude, look at it this way. We do not think we need you either in the sense that you misunderstand the word, need.
It is just common sense to be friendly and at ease with your neighbour, to share bonds, alliances, directions and culture. Does that make you smaller than you are or decrease the length of our collective manhoods? Only a small mind would think so.

How can anyone equate forming healthy alliances with subservience? That is very strange, bro.
It is usually the minorities that fear domination, ho come its different in your particular case?

Biafra failed because of visionless people like you. There are people like you on our side of the fence too; believe me, you are not needed and you are of zero consequence.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 5:25pm On May 28, 2012
@OnlyTruth
Thanks for the compliments, they are returned.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 28, 2012
^^^But I still think they could have done something in places where Igbos had the same numbers as the Northerners.... The lack of action probably gave the Northerners some form of bravery.. Imagine Murtala Muhammed threatening to march to Enugu before the war smh...

I still think if they had fought back a little bit - they would have had something more rigid to stand on at Aburi.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 5:27pm On May 28, 2012
shymmex: Interesting thread!!

But I have a question for: Dede1, Logic Mind, Eziachi (Sir), Onlytruth, and Beaf..

- If the number of Igbos in the Nigerian army before the pogrom was almost the same as that of the Northerners - why didn't they fight against the pogrom, rather than let the Northerners kill them off so easily

*I'm asking a honest question, with no pun intended*

The North made up a HUGE majority in the lowest ranks. How can one Major stand against 200 privates? sad
That is the answer to your question (if you are serious).
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 5:35pm On May 28, 2012
PhysicsQED: http://books.google.com/books?id=bShcJmKDm3EC&pg=PA105&lpg=PA105&ots=ULLnC3vD_j&dq=gowon+decree+8+veto&output=html_text

Beaf, read this and you'll understand why Ojukwu rejected it. It was not about his ego/personality or Gowon's but the actual details/specifics.

If you believe that any sub unit of a country whether it's called a region, province, state, or whatever should be able to do whatever it wants without any subordination to a higher federal law - then you'll agree with Ojukwu. If not, then you automatically and necessarily agree with Gowon no matter how many concessions you think you're willing to make.

I think the problem here may have been the different patterns of social organization different groups are inclined toward, but that's just my theory.

Thanks a lot for this link Physics. The more I read, the more I conclude that the war could have been avoided; I also understand that passions were very highly inflamed in the East by the pogroms in the North. It is either Gowon did not understand this enough (attempted to renege on Aburi) or Ojukwu was too passionate and failed to see the golden opportunity in Decree 8.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 5:35pm On May 28, 2012
Onlytruth:

The above comment is TOTALLY WRONG AND SHOULD BE REPUDIATED BY ALL IGBO. sad
You know why? Because that is exactly what the "minority" groups in that region accuse us of. Who wants to be subservient to anybody? Today we say that Hausa/Fulani has been ruling Nigeria, but the truth is that it is the Northern minority tribes that have been ruling. That is called being politically sophisticated. It is not being subservient.

Thank God that a MAJORITY OF IGBO these days don't share in this your chauvinistic opinion. I disavow it totally.

Igbo are the same as every other group in the East. To single us out as people who think themselves superior to others is unacceptable to us and our interests. It is same mindset that some Igbo hold against other Igbo within the Igbo nation. Nobody is, and should be subservient to anybody in the East or in Nigeria as a whole. When we seek Biafra, we seek it because we think (and know)that in Nigeria, there is a master/servant relationship between the North and the South politically. That is how we ended up with many incompetent Northern leaders through the years. If we are serious about Biafra (even an Igbo only country), this mentality MUST die a natural death. cool

This is the problem I always have with people assuming things without properly listening to what I said exactly. Reread my post and tell me where I said we were superior to anybody.
You are wrong. Igbos are NOT the same as any other group anywhere.
We have our history, we have our pride. Like a lot of other tribes.
This history neither makes us superior nor inferior to anybody. It rather completes us and define us.
What you, Eze Onlytruth, are doing is actually making us seem inferior and look like we need the support of minorities before we can be free. We don't.
If we are not big and strong enough to take care of our own and of our destiny in our hands alone, then maybe we are not ready to have our own country.

But this evident truth apart, you still have not answered my question? What exactly do we need from these minorities that we don't have or can't get on our own?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 5:44pm On May 28, 2012
Beaf:

Decree 8 had granted each region sovereignty already. The Midwest could be neutral based on the contents of Decree 8 which effectivel made Nigeria a confederacy - I hope you will take time out to read it in full.

That renders all your above arguments basesless.

It is an absolute wrong impression to assume that Decree 8 of 1967 meant full autonomy to region as you would want us to believe. First of all, anything coming from the center led by Gowon was illegal as far eastern region was concern.

The insinuation that Decree 8 granted the regions sovereignty is one of the goofiest craps I read on this forum. If you believed Decree 8 granted autonomous sovereignty to the regions, one wanders while federal government of Nigeria went insane when Ojukwu and eastern region followed on March 31, 1967 with eastern regional Revenue Collection Edict 11 of 1967 which granted eastern region total control of revenue including crude oil revenue.

Please stop clutching strew by attempting to defend the indefensible.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by aljharem(m): 5:45pm On May 28, 2012
Onlytruth:

The North made up a HUGE majority in the lowest ranks. How can one Major stand against 200 privates? sad

Taaaa!!!! That is a lie

There is what we called federal character back then of which the North and the East took a buck of it. This include mid-range officers of equal number +- few hundreds of soldiers

I can't find the particular document now as I did not bookmark it but one I do I would show you
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 28, 2012
Onlytruth:

I'm serious, bruv...

To provide some perspective on the difficulties facing Ogundipe in July 1966, there were 10500 soldiers of which Yoruba contributed only 700 (a mere 6%). Of the 10500, 55% were from the North and Igbo (including mid-western Igbo) contributed 30%. This means that there were approximately 3150 Igbo soldiers but we know that approximately 220 Igbo soldiers were killed in July 1966. So what were the other 3000 or so Igbo soldiers doing in what was a straight and direct fight? Yet they want to accuse Ogundipe who belonged to a group of only 700 (yet he stood there for three days fighting and negotiating) of cowardice.

http://books.google.ca/books?id=hI4OAAAAQAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=The+Nigerian+Army+1956-1966&hl=en&ei=N5I1TqC6M6POsQLK6p2JCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CDIQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=700&f=false

Page 27

^^^That's a post from Katsumoto - and it shows Igbos had a huge number of infantry soldiers (excluding the officers).
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 5:48pm On May 28, 2012
Beaf:

Dude, look at it this way. We do not think we need you either in the sense that you misunderstand the word, need.
It is just common sense to be friendly and at ease with your neighbour, to share bonds, alliances, directions and culture. Does that make you smaller than you are or decrease the length of our collective manhoods? Only a small mind would think so.

How can anyone equate forming healthy alliances with subservience? That is very strange, bro.
It is usually the minorities that fear domination, ho come its different in your particular case?

Biafra failed because of visionless people like you. There are people like you on our side of the fence too; believe me, you are not needed and you are of zero consequence.

You, like onlytruth, also fail to understand me.
We can share bonds, alliances, directions etc as long as my relationship with you does not jeopardise my safety and freedom. We can even sign pact and have the same Biafra as long as I don't have to look over my shoulders all the time because I cannot trust you.
What is very strange is that someone, who is our virtual leader in this NL, will take a stance of weakness with regards to our fight for freedom from nigeria. Listening to Onlytruth, one would think that Igbos cannot do anything without the accord of its neighbouring minorities. This is entirely a weak position to take and borders on subservience.
I, Logic Mind state:
We the igbos are big enough to stand on our own.
We the igbos are the only tribe brave enough to have fought for our freedom in this country.
We can form alliances with anybody, as any country does, as long as it is in our interest but our survival can never depend on our alliances but on our strength.
Let us stop waiting for others and take our own destiny in our hands.

2 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by aljharem(m): 5:52pm On May 28, 2012
shymmex:

I'm serious, bruv...

^^^That's a post from Katsumoto - and it shows Igbos had a huge number of infantry soldiers (excluding the officers).

very good link, I actually saw a better one sometimes back when I was still in all this baifra crap.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 5:53pm On May 28, 2012
Dede1:

It is an absolute wrong impression to assume that Decree 8 of 1967 meant full autonomy to region as you would want us to believe. First of all, anything coming from the center led by Gowon was illegal as far eastern region was concern.

The insinuation that Decree 8 granted the regions sovereignty is one of the goofiest craps I read on this forum. If you believed Decree 8 granted autonomous sovereignty to the regions, one wanders while federal government of Nigeria went insane when Ojukwu and eastern region followed on March 31, 1967 with eastern regional Revenue Collection Edict 11 of 1967 which granted eastern region total control of revenue including crude oil revenue.

Please stop clutching strew by attempting to defend the indefensible.

Argue with this:

However, the home stretch of the final dash to the tape of eastern secession began on March 17, when Decree No. 8 - also known as the Constitution Suspension and Modification Decree 1967 - was promulgated, ostensibly to implement the Aburi agreements. The decree, for all practical intents and purposes, restored much of the autonomy of Military Governors in their respective regions which had been taken away on January 17, 1966 by Decree No. 1 of 1966.

Consistent with agreements reached between military leaders at Aburi, in Ghana on January 4th and 5th, the title of the 'Supreme Commander' of the Nigerian Armed Forces was changed to "Commander-in-Chief"; the executive authority of the Federal Republic of Nigeria which had been vested in the Head of the Federal Military Government, was now vested in the Supreme Military Council. Indeed the SMC could not make laws on some issues without the approval of not only the C-in-C but also ALL regional governors.

However, section 86 of the Constitution was upheld, to ensure that no region could exercise authority in a manner that placed the corporate integrity of the federal government in jeopardy. Furthermore, sections 70 and 71 of the Constitution were invoked to specify that a state of emergency could be declared all over Nigeria by the SMC; and such laws as would be considered "necessary" or "expedient" for maintenance of law and order could be passed with concurrence of three (3) out of the four (4) governors. During such an emergency the federal government reserved to itself the right to overrule any laws that had hitherto been passed by the military government of the region to which the state of emergency applied.

Citing what he considered a serious violation of the Aburi accord, and the need to have absolute control over the question of safety and security for his people, the Military Governor of the Eastern region (Lt. Col. CO Ojukwu) rejected it. In taking this stance, he overruled the reservations of the Secretary to the Eastern Regional Government (NU Akpan) and a few senior eastern army officers (like Col Hilary Njoku). Ojukwu felt that the decree had the potential to deprive him of having a say in what steps might or might not be acceptable within his own region in the event of a state of emergency being declared. Conceivably such steps might even include replacing him with another Eastern officer.

However, those who lobbied that the Eastern region accept Decree No. 8 based their arguments on the fact that the decree gave Ojukwu "over 90%" of what he wanted at Aburi as well as providing a way to avoid the horrors of war. (Col Hilary Njoku's disagreement with Ojukwu on this point cost him the command of the Biafran Army and bagged him a sentence to jail without trial for almost the entire duration of the war. However, Mr. NU Akpan who was also pro-Decree No. 8 held on to his job as Secretary to the Government of the eastern region (and Biafra) to the very end.) Back on Feb 25, Ojukwu threatened to take unilateral action by March 31 if there were persistent delays in announcing the new decree as he understood it to have been agreed at Aburi. On March 1st Gowon met with the diplomatic corps to discuss the ABuri agreement and reservations the government had about certain implications of the Ojukwu interpretation. On March 10 the SMC met in Lagos without Ojukwu - for reasons of personal safety - in order to discuss the draft text. This was followed on Mar 12 by a meeting in Benin of all Law officers from the different regions - and the subsequent release of the decree.

http://www.kwenu.com/biafra/nowa_may30.htm
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 5:57pm On May 28, 2012
shymmex:

I'm serious, bruv...

To provide some perspective on the difficulties facing Ogundipe in July 1966, there were 10500 soldiers of which Yoruba contributed only 700 (a mere 6%). Of the 10500, 55% were from the North and Igbo (including mid-western Igbo) contributed 30%. This means that there were approximately 3150 Igbo soldiers but we know that approximately 220 Igbo soldiers were killed in July 1966. So what were the other 3000 or so Igbo soldiers doing in what was a straight and direct fight? Yet they want to accuse Ogundipe who belonged to a group of only 700 (yet he stood there for three days fighting and negotiating) of cowardice.

http://books.google.ca/books?id=hI4OAAAAQAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=The+Nigerian+Army+1956-1966&hl=en&ei=N5I1TqC6M6POsQLK6p2JCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CDIQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=700&f=false

Page 27

The bit in blue is a tour de force in bad mathematics and should be hidden, rather than wheeled out in any argument.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by nduchucks: 5:59pm On May 28, 2012
Logic Mind:

You, like onlytruth, also fail to understand me.
We can share bonds, alliances, directions etc as long as my relationship with you does not jeopardise my safety and freedom. We can even sign pact as long as I don't have to look over my shoulders all the time because I cannot trust you.
What is very strange is that someone, who is our virtual leader in this NL, will take a stance of weakness with regards to our fight for freedom from nigeria. Listening to Onlytruth, one would think that Igbos cannot do anything without the accord of its neighbouring minorities. This is entirely a weak position to take and borders on subservience.
I Logic Mind states.
We the igbos are big enough to stand on our own.
We the igbos are the only tribe brave enough to have fought for our freedom in this country.
We can form alliances with anybody, as any country does, as long as it is in our interest but our survival can never depend on our alliances but on our strength.
Let us stop waiting for others and take our own destiny in our hands.

I'm beginning to think that Onlytruthlies is a fraud and a real efulefu. In one breath he indirectly insults Dede1, you, and Eziachi, and in the same breath gives nonentities as far as Igbo matters are concerned, a hug. He believes that the group he is associated with, BILLIE the goat, based in the USA is somehow superior to the rest of Ndigbo.

Onlytruth is a weakling who is incapable of dealing with constructive criticisms. Watch him come back and attack my statements in a minute and reach the same conclusion. Look at the venom he spat out towards Northsharp for simply stating the obvious.

I think its time for a new Eze Ndigbo of NL, this Eze has gone mad and is insulting Ojukwu, Dede1, Logic Mind, and a majority of Igbos who think like them as far as the civil war is concerned.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 6:01pm On May 28, 2012
Lol! ndu chucks is feeling lonely!
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 6:07pm On May 28, 2012
Logic Mind:

This is the problem I always have with people assuming things without properly listening to what I said exactly. Reread my post and tell me where I said we were superior to anybody.
You are wrong. Igbos are NOT the same as any other group anywhere.
We have our history, we have our pride. Like a lot of other tribes.
This history neither makes us superior nor inferior to anybody. It rather completes us and define us.
What you, Eze Onlytruth, are doing is actually making us seem inferior and look like we need the support of minorities before we can be free. We don't.
If we are not big and strong enough to take care of our own and of our destiny in our hands alone, then maybe we are not ready to have our own country.

But this evident truth apart, you still have not answered my question? What exactly do we need from these minorities that we don't have or can't get on our own?

You still don't understand me and the examples I gave.
When I state here that if Biafra had my type in the war room THERE IS NO WAY WE WOULD HAVE LOST THAT WAR. I mean every word of it!
Humility is not a sign of weakness. In most wars it is even a sign of strength.
If I can squeeze water out of stones in swamps to give Biafra the edge, I would do it. If I can extract even 1% more support for Biafra, I would go for it. I wouldn't have lost Camerounian support sef, talk less of Eastern tribe support. Our enemies in Nigeria then were the Hausa/Fulani, but guess who fought us? The minorities of the North!
Honestly, you don't understand.
A quote I love a lot is from Shaka Zulu again: "A leopard is a strong animal, but if offered wings, it would be a fool to reject them." I would go for those wings, or tails or feathers or claws even as a leopard that I am. lol.
It is called being smart.
The allied forces could have ignored tiny gulf states while they planned the first gulf war. They didn't. For a good reason. The Iraqis ignored them and even threatened them; well, where is Saddam Hussein today?
The point is that if these people are not our DIRECT IMMEDIATE neighbors, then you would have a point. To plan a secession without being sure of what your immediate neighbors would do, is not smart at all. sad
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by aljharem(m): 6:10pm On May 28, 2012
^^^^^^^^

LOL someone is growing some brain grin grin grin grin

interesting read from Eze Onlytruth, grin grin grin grin
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by mpumalanga: 6:13pm On May 28, 2012
[quote author=Logic Mind]

I don't know if we could agree on this subject of our relationship with our south south neighbours.You think and act like we need them.They take the cue and act like we need them. I say we don't need them. I have given some of my reasons previously. Your stance is making us look subservient to these southerners.
If you are going to lead the igbo people you should at least accomodate our mentality: we do not like being seen as subservient to anybody. We have too proud a history for that.

I share you view on this cue because even the non-verbal cue
from beaf and others from mid west is that we did what
we did and we don't care how you feel so you must live with it
or perish for we don't need you for anything.

The more you argue with them,the more foolish they take you to be
with the way they will be communicating just to tell you that it serves you right.
AMUMA EGBE ENU IGWE[OJUKWU] is not foolish as some are trying to make
him look and it will very painful if some one is trying to suggest that
just to appease some people that are mocking your pain and existence.

Who told the northerners that from AGBOR upward are igbos
and who led them?the bitter truth is that these people hated the igbos and
they were powerless on their own and used the hausa fulani to accomplish
it when they saw the opporturnity.They were very educated pre biafra war
to know what they want.i repeat,they refused to give relief materials
to mid western igbos before the war.

The only group i can consider to be helpless that time are the yoruba
masses because they showed it through agbakoya,Ayo Ariyo and ibadan farmers
which showed that there was a disconnect in the elites decision and
the masses intention.Check Parry osanyade's current promotion exercise
and you will see the mind set of midwest that time.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by nduchucks: 6:14pm On May 28, 2012
Beaf: Lol! ndu chucks is feeling lonely!
shatap dia. I see through your shenanigans here.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 28, 2012
Personally, I think the issue of the civil war revisionism, blames, and counter-blames - have become redundant.. We need to move on, and form new alliances - as Nigeria heads towards another pre-1967 scenario. All the tribes played a role - either directly, or indirectly - in what lead to the civil war... You guys need to remember that these were young officers - and everything we keep debating - were ideas put forward by people who aren't really that intelligent..

We need to leave the civil war behind - and focus on 2015.. The SS and middle-belt are up for grabs.. The two zones are the prize for 2015 - who will they align with??

The Northerners have lost the trust of the masses of the middle-belt - who will step in to sway them to their side??

What will the SS do?? Bear in mind most of the western parts of the SS are natural allies with the SW - and the eastern parts are natural allies of the SE... But will they speak with one voice, and form an alliance with SE - or be as divided as they were before GEJ

These are the questions we need to start asking...
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by aljharem(m): 6:18pm On May 28, 2012
mpumalanga: The only group i can consider to be helpless that time are the yoruba

Thank you, daalu

This is what we have been screaming 50 years ago but finally someone woken up !

Imagine a whole region just having 6% due to marginalisation should take sides. ?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 28, 2012
mpumalanga: The only group i can consider to be helpless that time are the yoruba

Good post! I think the mid-westerners were also helpless...

It's just a pity that these are the two zones people keep blaming for the civil war.. The two zones with the fewest number of infantry soldiers, and which lost prominent people to both coups. They were occupied by the Northerners; and invaded by the Easterners - yet they still get called cowards, and betrayers everyday... Funny stuff, I tell ya..

2015 is the focus now... Who will win the prize (SS and Middle-belt).
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 6:26pm On May 28, 2012
At this time I have to restate again my constant views on Ojukwu and the efforts of our fathers.
I would fight anyone who insults Ojukwu. He did his BEST for Biafra. He is our ICON. He was also a man, and so was not infallible. He will remain an ANCHOR as we map our path towards the future. For that future to succeed, it must fix errors from the past.
The only reason I even comment on these types of topics is because I am DETERMINED to ensure that history never repeats.
The advantage we the younger Igbo have today is that we have history to learn from and improve upon the achievements of our fathers. Of course everyone is entitled to his opinion, but I know that superior logic and sanity will win at the end of the day. cool
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 6:31pm On May 28, 2012
mpumalanga:

I share you view on this cue because even the non-verbal cue
from beaf and others from mid west is that we did what
we did and we don't care how you feel so you must live with it
or perish for we don't need you for anything.

Dude, we are very hurt by the invasion of the Midwest. It was unprovoked and uncalled for. Contrary to your thinking, you will make enemies if you take an arrogant stance toward your neighbours, no matter how small or inconsequential you might think they are.
It is people you that give the feeling that minorities can be phucked at any time and that was why the Midwest was invaded. Such a stance only makes individuals like you who espouce it look weak.

Is a super power like the US weak because they regularly ally with smaller countries and cater for their own minorities? Lol! Some people are walking, talking recipes for failure.

I perceive your real discomfort to be the vocal nature of the Midwestern minorities. We have always been this way, people that can be trusted to say and do exactly what we mean, to voice out exactly how we feel; friends who can be trusted to be reliable at all times. It was one of us that moved the first motion for Nigeria's independence (Late Chief Enahoro).

mpumalanga:
The more you argue with them,the more foolish they take you to be
with the way they will be communicating just to tell you that it serves you right.
AMUMA EGBE ENU IGWE[OJUKWU] is not foolish as some are trying to make
him look and it will very painful if some one is trying to suggest that
just to appease some people that are mocking your pain and existence.

Who told the northerners that from AGBOR upward are igbos
and who led them?the bitter truth is that these people hated the igbos and
they were powerless on their own and used the hausa fulani to accomplish
it when they saw the opporturnity.They were very educated pre biafra war
to know what they want.i repeat,they refused to give relief materials
to mid western igbos before the war.

The only group i can consider to be helpless that time are the yoruba

Everything above is the usual pack of hateful lies by cowards.
Dude, we are the minorities you know, not you! We are the ones who are expected to be scared of our bigger neighbours.
Why do you continue to talk like you are small?
OnlyTruths position exhudes real strength and commands respect; by comparison, the aura you give off is one of weakness, fear and cowardice.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by PhysicsQED(m): 6:32pm On May 28, 2012
@ mpumalanga, what does Parry Osayande's bad promotion exercise ( you mean this right: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/promotion-of-digs-aigs-tears-police-apart/ ) have to do with the so called 'mind-set of the Midwest' at that time?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 6:36pm On May 28, 2012
Beaf:

Argue with this:

http://www.kwenu.com/biafra/nowa_may30.htm

It is a pity you keep pulling skewed craps from Omoigui without making good use of your intellect. If Decree 8 promulgated on March 17, 1967 was the magic wand you and Nowa thought granted autonomous sovereignty to the regions, why did federal government got twisted out of form when Ojukwu and eastern region followed on March 31, 1967 with eastern regional Revenue Collection Edict 11 of 1967 that granted eastern region the total control of revenue including crude oil revenue?

If Decree 8 did not grant regions ability to collect revenue from its domain, what is the essence of the decree?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 28, 2012
Basically, I think the easiest way out of Nigeria for the new republics is to vote out PDP.. PDP will never allow Nigeria to break up - they enjoy the status quo, and will do whatever it takes to keep it the way it is..

ACN, CPC, and APGA need to form an alliance - and set out their goals.. They need to give us regionalism (which will be a an initial set-up for the final break up of Nigeria).. I don't care whose face is on the presidential seat - we just need people who can get in there; tear off the rubbish constitution; and revert the country back to regionalism - as fast as possible...

Alliance between APGA, CPC, and ACN is the way forward!!

Eze onlytruth, please preach the gospel to the Igbo masses. cool
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 6:39pm On May 28, 2012
Onlytruth please tell me,
What concessions are you willing to give to our minority neighbours in order to gain their support or are you expecting them to help you realise your dream without any indemnification?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by nduchucks: 6:39pm On May 28, 2012
Onlytruth: At this time I have to restate again my constant views on Ojukwu and the efforts of our fathers.
I would fight anyone who insults Ojukwu. He did his BEST for Biafra. He is our ICON. He was also a man, and so was not infallible. He will remain an ANCHOR as we map our path towards the future. For that future to succeed, it must fix errors from the past.
The only reason I even comment on these types of topics is because I am DETERMINED to ensure that history never repeats.
The advantage we the younger Igbo have today is that we have history to learn from and improve upon the achievements of our fathers. Of course everyone is entitled to his opinion, but I know that superior logic and sanity will win at the end of the day. cool

Eze, you are in damage control mode ko? You insulted Ojukwu and other Biafra veterans right here on the pages of NL, if you haven't gone to modify the posts. You better retrace your steps and offer an unqualified apology.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 28, 2012
Beaf:
Everything above is the usual pack of hateful lies by cowards.
Dude, we are the minorities you know, not you! We are the ones who are expected to be scared of our bigger neighbours.
Why do you continue to talk like you are small?
OnlyTruths position exhudes real strength and commands respect; by comparison, the aura you give off is one of weakness, fear and cowardice.

You're a very funny chap!!

How many Yoruba were in the Army in 1967??

Why was Yoruba land occupied by the Northerners??

And why should we get involved in a fight between two lovers, who has been in bed together since independence - after the killings of prominent Yoruba men and women in both useless coups??

Dude, you need to grow up - and stop being a hater.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 6:43pm On May 28, 2012
At this time, I have to state that I do not believe that Decree 8 was sufficient to assuage the Eastern demands.
It was not.
I also believe that the war was not a personality clash between Ojukwu and Gowon. To say that is even laughable because, if that was the case, why is it that Nigeria is back to pre-1967 scenario in 2012?
The East had GENUINE reasons to reject Decree 8. Let's keep both issues (Decree 8. and Midwest incursion) apart.
Joining both issues muddles the waters and allow revisionism to go haywire.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 6:45pm On May 28, 2012
shymmex:

You're a very funny chap!!

How many Yoruba were in the Army in 1967??

Why was Yoruba land occupied by the Northerners??

And why should we get involved in a fight between two lovers, who has been in bed together since independence - after the killings of prominent Yoruba men and women in both useless coups??

Dude, you need to grow up - and stop being a hater.

WTF are you talking about?
I've always known you to be scared of minorities like mpumalanga and Logic Mind.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Bomb Attack At School of Legal Studies In Kano / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / Atiku Reacts To Tanker Explosion On Otedola Bridge, Lagos-ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.