Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience (75490 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / Why Are Nigerians Tagged "Bad" In Most Foreign Countries. / Life In The Usa As A Student. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by igboitalo: 12:27am On Aug 21, 2009
mr vicjustice nigerian economy is even bigger than dat of ireland, And the economy of italy is nearly ten times bigger than dat of ireland, spanish economy is bigger . Greek is bigger too, like dat matters to u,cos i guess dem countries r for onitsha boys, purre boys.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by frankkky: 1:57pm On Aug 21, 2009
@vicjustice i must say i always enjoy ur writeups,always so intelligent and informative,keep it up,however having said that i beg to differ on ur views on spain,while not trying to defend nigerians in spain or whatever i must say though a lot of nigerians here are not that educated but quite a lot are educated and doing decent jobs or business here,a lot nigerians here own their own business,run ngos and many other decent things,fact is many people are beginging to take advantage of the educational system here in spain,to say nigerians here are hawking is a very big lie,nigerian here as far as i know them dont indulge in that,they are into factories,campos,construction and so on,some have become musicans even,u need to go to any nigerian party here and see how they are turned out,i think (if u will be honest)u only visited a little part of spain dont forget spain is a very big country,and a lot of first timers confuse senegales for nigerians,u see these group always looking tatt ered at metrols and other such places but not my people nigerians,i just felt i should clearfy this,peace
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 3:22pm On Aug 22, 2009
igboitalo:

mr vicjustice nigerian economy is even bigger than dat of ireland, And the economy of italy is nearly ten times bigger than dat of ireland, spanish economy is bigger . Greek is bigger too, like dat matters to u,cos i guess dem countries r for onitsha boys, purre boys.
   It is a sad thing that the recession has bitten deep into Europe economy, and Ireland is the most affected. Actually, no one will dispute the fact that these (mentioned) countries have bigger economy than Ireland, Ireland was never known to have BIG economy, and i never said it has: Big economy is not the same thing as best economy, so, Ireland had the 2nd best economy until the on-going recession interupted its booming industries.

frankkky:

@vicjustice i must say i always enjoy your writeups,always so intelligent and informative,keep it up,however having said that i beg to differ on your views on spain,while not trying to defend nigerians in spain or whatever i must say though a lot of nigerians here are not that educated but quite a lot are educated and doing decent jobs or business here,a lot nigerians here own their own business,run ngos and many other decent things,fact is many people are beginging to take advantage of the educational system here in spain,to say nigerians here are hawking is a very big lie,nigerian here as far as i know them dont indulge in that,they are into factories,campos,construction and so on,some have become musicans even,u need to go to any nigerian party here and see how they are turned out,i think (if u will be honest)u only visited a little part of spain dont forget spain is a very big country,and a lot of first timers confuse senegales for nigerians,u see these group always looking tatt ered at metrols and other such places but not my people nigerians,i just felt i should clearfy this,peace
   Thank you for your commendation.
   Well, while i see reasons and agree with most of your points, i also want to remind you that i am Nigerian, and i know Nigerians when i see them.
    Yes, i do realise and acknowledge the fact that Nigerians are involved in personal businesses as well as industrial, institutional and company employments. By these, lets remember that we would be talking about those who are legal residence, and lets not forget the fact that there are more illegals than the legals: so now, what do the illegals do to survive?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by kood: 2:59pm On Aug 23, 2009
@ Vicjustice , I share some of your opinions about Nigerians abroad in your previous post. Mostly the low educated ones are the ones that give bad name to Nigeria abroad. Are there more illegal immigrants than legal immigrant? Yes! And it is not only illegal immigrants from Nigeria that out number the legal immigrant. There people from Asia, other African countries and south America. But you cant blame some of these people that are illegal. It is the nature of bureaucracy in Europe that is the problem. Some of these people applied for Asylum for many years ago and it is taking ages to consider them or reconsider them. European union talks more of integration but in practice I dont see any result of this.
Also, I will like to clarify this. not all illegal immigrants do 'bad business' in Europe. There are Nigerians who are illegal that do genuine work. (I cant really say the percentage of Nigerians who do genuine business in Europe as I dont have the figure.) Only that they are working Illegal. Some employers will want to hire cheap labour. And mind you even Americans (US) work illegal in Europe. they only use advantage of their passport and proximity of other countries in Europe.
Still this problem is created by Nigerian government and until the problem is resolved we will continue to see Nigerians causing so many problem in different part of the world. Nigerians are hardworking people. And because of their hardworking not many Nigerians will want to stay idle or depend on government for food or even go about begging for money in all street of Europe. Of course, I dont support evil or people doing bad things in other to earn a living.
Again, I dont believe you many know all Nigerians when you see them in the street of Europe. You can identify many but not all.
@ frankkky, I share your opinion too.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by ikennahill: 11:55pm On Aug 27, 2009
I dont understand some people.somebody told us his personal experince and some people are insulting him.it is just about advice,you either take it or leave it.d guy should be commended.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 3:16pm On Sep 01, 2009
kood:

@ Vicjustice , I share some of your opinions about Nigerians abroad in your previous post. Mostly the low educated ones are the ones that give bad name to Nigeria abroad. Are there more illegal immigrants than legal immigrant? Yes! And it is not only illegal immigrants from Nigeria that out number the legal immigrant. There people from Asia, other African countries and south America. But you cant blame some of these people that are illegal. It is the nature of bureaucracy in Europe that is the problem. Some of these people applied for Asylum for many years ago and it is taking ages to consider them or reconsider them. European union talks more of integration but in practice I dont see any result of this.
Also, I will like to clarify this. not all illegal immigrants do 'bad business' in Europe. There are Nigerians who are illegal that do genuine work. (I cant really say the percentage of Nigerians who do genuine business in Europe as I dont have the figure.) Only that they are working Illegal. Some employers will want to hire cheap labour. And mind you even Americans (US) work illegal in Europe. they only use advantage of their passport and proximity of other countries in Europe.
Still this problem is created by Nigerian government and until the problem is resolved we will continue to see Nigerians causing so many problem in different part of the world. Nigerians are hardworking people. And because of their hardworking not many Nigerians will want to stay idle or depend on government for food or even go about begging for money in all street of Europe. Of course, I dont support evil or people doing bad things in other to earn a living.
Again, I dont believe you many know all Nigerians when you see them in the street of Europe. You can identify many but not all.
@ frankkky, I share your opinion too.

Good analysis. Yes, i do acknowledge that, not all Nigerians who are illegal residents do bad businesses, howbeit many are involved in document frauds in order to get jobs with fake documents or work under impersonation.
You are right about other nationals who are illegal, but honestly, i'm yet to know any American who does illegal job around, i don't even know any American who is not a tourist.
As for your expectation of the problem to be resolved by the Nigerian government, well, i think that's a big dream equivalent to waiting for another Moses to lead us to the promise land.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by smoothman(m): 3:55pm On Sep 16, 2009
Hello Room,
Am desmond,New to the Room,Please i want to make enquiry on Austria Visa
Is it possible for a relative there to get you the papers needed when you arrive??
How possible for one to survive in Austria and what are the informations i will be needing
Please room i will really pray to get reading from you

Best Regards
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by ohisng(m): 4:02pm On Sep 16, 2009
@smoothman. I have a wife and kid in austria. Some of the questions u asked cant be publicly answered so hit me up at: asylh@yahoo.com
meanhile NO, u MUST present ALL required documents BEFORE you can even stand a chance of getting a visa. Austria is relatively peaceful and nice to get their visa? Hmmm, get in touch sha
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by ohisng(m): 11:40am On Sep 17, 2009
[/b]You are right BUT i am curious. How did u get to those places? tourist visa, student visa, business or what?[b]
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by yommyuk: 3:10am On Sep 21, 2009
Abroad, those in the lower end in regards to earning power are better off than their 9ija counterparts.
For example someone earning less than £1K per month compared to one earning 50k in 9ija
But those earning around 2k per month are less well off than those earning 300k PM in nigeria (I am talking in £)

Jobwise, the best job 90% of 9aija can attain is middle management. However in 9ija u can reach the senior management level if you have the brains and connection. In the West the only way u can reach senior management level is doing what the whites detest.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by kood: 7:59am On Sep 21, 2009
Vicjustice:

i'm yet to know any American who does illegal job around, i don't even know any American who is not a tourist.

yeah, there are Americans, Australians and canadians who do illegal work in Europe. Of course they are not much. The person entered europe with tourist visa and search for job. some find a temporary job say 6 months, which the employer will not want to go through the difficulties in obtaining work permit. so the american guy or lady will accept the job and do it with his or tourist visa and as soon as the 90 days tourist visa is about to expire he or she will move to neighbouring eu country and re-enter that country with another 90 days visa to continue his or her job.
Work permit is really not easy to get because in most countries there good number of unemployed people and so not all employers will want to pass throught that difficulties. sure an americans always stand the best chance of getting job in most countries.
I have also seen Americans asking for someone who will just get them registered as a partner so that they will be eligible for work. And of course most of them succeeded in getting married to citizen of EU. (b4 nko!) who dont want to marry an American! lol!
I have met a canadian who has a master degree and was looking for job but couldnt find and in order to survive he has to take odd jobs. which of course he wont have work permit to do. Of course the guy later went back to his country and have a decent job.
yeah I know for Nigeria to change for better it is not coming soon. and so far it is still like this people especially youths will want to leave the country for a better elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by smoothman(m): 5:36pm On Sep 21, 2009
@yommyuk :Hello yommyuk,Thanks for the reply,well i really will like to get knowing you better,
my id is desmondduke4real@yahoo.com
add me in yahoo,i tried adding you,i will email you latter
thanks
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by akanbijm: 2:00pm On Sep 24, 2009
Please I need more information on Austria.I am planning to study Accounting and Finance at one of the Universities in Austria. I will be happy if somebody can help me with embassy information and how I can package my documents for the embassy.Thanks
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by ohisng(m): 2:14pm On Sep 24, 2009
@akanbijm. Which of the universities? I can send u info regarding austria and believe me, u will need EVERY SINGLE document.
asylh@yahoo.com
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by akanbijm: 1:23pm On Sep 25, 2009
I have already added you on my yahoo@message with your yahoo address. So, I will also be happy if you can accept me on your yahoo@meassage so that we can discuss better.I will be happy to give you some information regarding the university.You can also give me your moblile number.I will be expecting your reply.Thanks
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by ohisng(m): 11:55am On Sep 26, 2009
@akanbijm. Whats ur addy on yahoo? anyway i am waiting to hear from u.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by thameamead(f): 12:31pm On Sep 26, 2009
thousands of australia's here in the uk work illegally but no one says anything about them because they are white. its not about playing the race card. its a fact. i use to work illegally before i got my passport. i use to work in the hospitality industry so i know about australia's working illegally. i use to share a house with them and i was close to them, am still close to them. thousands of asians and chinese work illegally as well. illegal immigration's has nothing to do with colour but most people think most nigerian's are illegals. illegal immgrants contribute millions in tax but no politician wants to discuss that aspect. according to the tax office they have 750,000 fake NI on their system about £80M in unclaimed tax. i just wish someone is bold enough to tell the whole truth to the readers of the sun, daily mail that illegal immigrants contribute to the economy, they bloody pay tax and do not claim benefits.
their are no jobs in holland unless te girls want to work in the red light district., the guys in holland are into yahoo yahoo and 419. i have friends in holland and i use to visit so i know the life they live. most illegals work as chamber maids in hotels. i was in holland in june, i thought i lost my wallet and had no money to call my friend so i went to the tiny police station @ schipol airport to ask if i could use the phone. the police officers told me about the scams bn operated by nigerians and that i should not fall for it. i was allowed to use the phone but i felt ashamed to be nigerian, i later found my wallet when i got my friend's hse, we are not all into 419 and yahoo yahoo or any type of fraud,
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by yommyuk: 9:57pm On Sep 26, 2009
I do understand and feel for the guys who reside in 9ija that do 419 or yahoo scams . at least they have an excuse NO JOBS. what of those who live in the West? What is their excuse?

The real down low is that they think they are smart.

To me they are just SCUMS OF THE EARTH angry
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by akanbijm: 10:23am On Sep 28, 2009
Ohisng: my I.d is jimfad2@yahoo.com.Remember that I am not intrested in any dirty business.But, I believe that we can help each other if you are straightforward.Thanks
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 12:07am On Sep 29, 2009
yommyuk:

I do understand and feel for the guys who reside in 9ija that do 419 or yahoo scams . at least they have an excuse NO JOBS. what of those who live in the West? What is their excuse?

The real down low is that they think they are smart.

To me they are just SCUMS OF THE EARTH angry
   I totally disagree with you, Yommy. If stealing or robbery is excusable, i suppose it should be considered on those abroad because, most people (Nigerians) are abroad for one fundamental priority; Money, and few have the legal permits to achieve this objective. But it's not the same in Nigeria, people at home do not need residence permit to earn a living in Nigeria.
   Whether in Nigeria or abroad, stealing is stealing: it may be pardonable if one steals bread to survive, but what do you think about people (who out of greed) rob to get rich
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by pappy2000: 7:35am On Nov 14, 2009
vicjustice

Thanks for your insight.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Figurehead: 11:41pm On Nov 14, 2009
bros oooo! dont tell me that its the kpali with which u tour around the world that ups has stolen, or else, we go riot for u ooo!
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by yommyuk: 2:29am On Nov 15, 2009
Whether in Nigeria or abroad, stealing is stealing: it may be pardonable if one steals bread to survive, but what do you think about people (who out of greed) rob to get rich

Absolutely. cool
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 12:01pm On Nov 28, 2009
Figurehead:

bros oooo! dont tell me that its the kpali with which u tour around the world that ups has stolen, or else, we go riot for u ooo!
Well, i regret to say that this is the case sad
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by europe76(m): 2:27pm On Dec 26, 2009
@vicjustice, thx so much 4ur info, when will u visit south cyprus (in europe)? plz just get to me because i will like to share idea people like u, enka_29@yahoo.com
merry xmass and more country to visit in 2010.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by vikiviko(m): 6:51pm On Dec 27, 2009
Vicjustice cool how u being ?

Got a message from a nairalander to read your article and i ashould advise him on a planned trip.

Am sure he benefited.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 10:37pm On Dec 27, 2009
europe76:

@vicjustice, thx so much 4ur info, when will u visit south cyprus (in europe)? plz just get to me because i will like to share idea people like u, enka_29@yahoo.com
merry xmass and more country to visit in 2010.
   Thanks for your commendation. But actually, at the moment, i don't have any plan to visit that part of the world maybe someday. . . , but right now, i just don't have any ties nor intention to make me visit there.

vikiviko:

Vicjustice cool how u being ?

Got a message from a nairalander to read your article and i ashould advise him on a planned trip.

Am sure he benefited.
   Hey Vikiviko, are you sure you wrote this under your clear eyes supervision or was it as a result of Christams party hangover?
I too know some Greek, but this one is beyond my comprehension. Anyway, how are you keeping?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by valoval: 4:47am On Dec 29, 2009
cool GOD BLESS EVERY NIGERIAN PERSON. WELL THIS IS THE TRUTH, UNDERSTANDING DEPENDS ON INDIVIDUALS , I CAME TO ITALY AS AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT BUT I SEEKED FOR AN ASYLUM AND I AM RESIDENTS IN ITALY REGULA RY. LIFE IS THE WAY ONE WISHES TO LIVE IT. FOCUS IS THE ANSWER. THEY NEVER GAVE ME VISA AND I TRIED THE LIBYA ITALY THING AND IT WORKED FOR ME. NOW I HAVE A WOMAN AND A BABY GIRL TO CALL MY FAMILY ABOVE ALL I AM WORKING IN A TOURISM SECTOR AND PLANNING TO DEVELOP MYSELF ACADEMICALLY. AM AN IGBO MAN IN CASE ONE DOES NOT KNOW. EUROPEAN LIFE STARTS FROM THE LANGUAGE OF THE COUNTRY YOU ARE. YOU CANT AVOID IT IF YOU WANT TO LIVE A NORMAL LIVE IN THE SAID COUNTRY- INTEGRATE AND OPPORTUNITY WILL COM. I DO LIKE TO SAY MORE SO THAT PEOPLE WILL HAVE CLEAR KNOWLEDGE OF STAYING IN EUROPE.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by kood: 7:10am On Dec 29, 2009
valoval:

cool GOD BLESS EVERY NIGERIAN PERSON. WELL THIS IS THE TRUTH, UNDERSTANDING DEPENDS ON INDIVIDUALS , I CAME TO ITALY AS AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT BUT I SEEKED FOR AN ASYLUM AND I AM RESIDENTS IN ITALY REGULA RY. LIFE IS THE WAY ONE WISHES TO LIVE IT. FOCUS IS THE ANSWER. THEY NEVER GAVE ME VISA AND I TRIED THE LIBYA ITALY THING AND IT WORKED FOR ME. NOW I HAVE A WOMAN AND A BABY GIRL TO CALL MY FAMILY ABOVE ALL I AM WORKING IN A TOURISM SECTOR AND PLANNING TO DEVELOP MYSELF ACADEMICALLY. AM AN IGBO MAN IN CASE ONE DOES NOT KNOW. EUROPEAN LIFE STARTS FROM THE LANGUAGE OF THE COUNTRY YOU ARE. YOU CANT AVOID IT IF YOU WANT TO LIVE A NORMAL LIVE IN THE SAID COUNTRY- INTEGRATE AND OPPORTUNITY WILL COM. I DO LIKE TO SAY MORE SO THAT PEOPLE WILL HAVE CLEAR KNOWLEDGE OF STAYING IN EUROPE.

Congrat for your success! But I have to also say that I hope this message is not serving an encouraging message for Nigerians to migrate to Europe either by Land without visa or even by air with unsuitable visa. You may be one in hundreds that really make it. Hundreds of people are dying on the way and this is really bring disgrace to Africans. Secondly Today was not those days that it is easy to get integrated or make it in Europe once you enter good countries in Europe. There are a lot of policies introduced by EU states and many of EU states are tough on immigration. For instance, as you said you have a wife, which i guess is an EU citizen. It is no longer possible to get married an EU countries without the proper visa and documents. You must leave the country to get married. So people here should not understand it that they can change their status by just simply getting married to EU citizen. There are so many rules and regulation that apply to that.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by coolfaced8(f): 12:02pm On Dec 29, 2009
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Tegese: 5:49pm On Feb 13, 2010
coolfaced8:

I think every would be immigrant's case is unique. What you were or rather "whom" you were at home or native country will determine success/failure in ANY country you migrate to.

It's the person 90 per cent of the time, not the place.

i beg to differ from your opinion, i don't think it depends on the person by 90%, i believe it depends more on the place and environment than on a person if not, why are tallents wasting in nigeria, does it really depend on individuals or on the country?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Meet Gadzama: The Pilot Who Flew The Crashed King Air 350 Aircraft In Abuja / "There Are No Jobs In Dubai, Nigerians Don't Be Deceived" (Photos/video) / Photos Of The Man That Died With Two Ladies In Sapele Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.