Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,885 members, 7,810,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience (75451 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / Why Are Nigerians Tagged "Bad" In Most Foreign Countries. / Life In The Usa As A Student. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by tunapa4dem: 6:09pm On Feb 14, 2010
pls, can you give me university link in austria, for undergraduate course.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 12:15pm On Feb 17, 2010
tunapa4dem:

I wish i had information about Austria, but i really don't, and i hope those who do would be willing to help.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by truborn9ja: 12:09pm On Mar 24, 2010
@vicjustice,thanks 4 the information u've provided,it will really help people like me who wants 2 travel to europe for msc program after graduation.wat did u know about japan?interms of education and their economy
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Emmyz: 5:42am On Mar 25, 2010
Lovely insight has been exposed about life in these countries, however anybody have an idea of what life in Austrilia is.
Life as student, visiting, tourist or what ever. The chances and odds of living in Austrilia.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 9:03pm On May 01, 2010
truborn9ja:

@vicjustice,thanks 4 the information u've provided,it will really help people like me who wants 2 travel to europe for msc program after graduation.wat did u know about japan?interms of education and their economy
   Thanks for appreciating my article, it gives me great delight.
   Though, i've heard much about Japan, but i've never been to it. . . You can search the web and read about it for yourself. Take care.

Emmyz:

Lovely insight has been exposed about life in these countries, however anybody have an idea of what life in Austrilia is.
Life as student, visiting, tourist or what ever. The chances and odds of living in Austrilia.
   I've never been to Australia, and i don't know much about Australian education system due to the following factors:
*Their immigration laws
*The documentation policies
*And their social rules and regulations which are considered strict to immigrants.
  It is worthwhile to know that asylum seekers in Australia are kept in custody which could be compared to maximum security prison with every restriction in place, and be aware that Australia is a Conservative country that seldom create opportunity programmes such as Scholarships, Carrier pursuit schemes, Residence or Work permits, Training courses schemes, Asylum benefit or Immigration schemes etc.
  Now, allow me to compare Australia with Ireland (or the UK) so as to give a semi clear image of the matter. Talking about the climate or weather in these two countries, many parts of Australia are more or less like many parts of Africa; generally arid to semiarid; temperate in south and east; tropical in north: This is the only advanced country where water is managed with some questionable degree of regulations to monitor water usage. 
  As for Ireland, there has always been open programmes schemes to help immigrants to the benefit of their own economy which had boosted remarkably in recent years, in fact, (until this era of financial crises) it was rated the 2nd best in the word after Luxembourg.  It's always raining in Ireland: temperate maritime; modified by North Atlantic Current; mild winters, cool summers; consistently humid; overcast about half the time.
  If you're contemplating on making a choice between Australia and Ireland (or the UK), i would advice that you consider Australia because, Ireland and the UK have their hands full and tight with immigrants; both documented and undocumented, students and families, asylum seekers and naturalised dwellers.
  Though there are opportunities in these two countries, and while Ireland may be appealing because of it's rich and generous social welfare programmes, you'd only be like any other African or Asia students once in Ireland because, the education system (for those who are already in the state) is come-one-come-all: so, doing your education here does not guarantee you anything enviable afterall, asylum seekers and undocumented immigrants from African and Asia do attend same schools. Now, considering the fact that you've gained admission into an institution in a country like Australia that is known for stinginess and selfishness inhospitality to asylum seekers, the opportunity you'd have in Ireland might not be as compared to the one you'd have in Australia. Try Australia because, it hasn't yet been messed up by us: Australia is for Australians and those who are invited into it!
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 01, 2010
@vicjustics,
Any useful info abt Belgium. . . . . . ? Just wanna knw a few things. . . . . . .anything!
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 9:44pm On May 01, 2010
Tamita:

@vicjustics,
Any useful info abt Belgium. . . . . . ? Just wanna knw a few things. . . . . . .anything!
Friends, there are more numerous countries that i've not been to than the ones i've been to, and unfortunately, Belgium is one of the numerous ones. Disappointed?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 01, 2010
Vicjustice:

Friends, there are more numerous countries that i've not been to than the ones i've been to, and unfortunately, Belgium is one of the numerous ones. Disappointed?
Hmmmmmm. . . . . . . .nope, not Disappointed. I'm ur Fan! U say ur things d way u feel it. Just developed likeness to evry of ur post on Nairaland. Keep up d good work. U're my Hero on Nairaland, it's a established Fact. Honestly, i dey feel u wella. Lol
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by bulletG(m): 5:40pm On May 02, 2010
@ Vic justice, PLEASE can u tell me wch of these countries is better for an an African like me. sweden, denmark, Norway, or finland, am presently in Greece but am planning on relocating to any of the above mentioned countries but have not made up my mind wch one specifically. for the record i have greek residence so am not an illegal immigrant. hope to hear from u soon
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 8:17pm On May 02, 2010
bullet G:

@ Vic justice, PLEASE can u tell me wch of these countries is better for an an African like me. sweden, denmark, Norway, or finland, am presently in Greece but am planning on relocating to any of the above mentioned countries but have not made up my mind wch one specifically. for the record i have greek residence so am not an illegal immigrant. hope to hear from u soon
   All the above mentioned countries are Scandinavians, and except for the languages, they have a lot of similarities as they share many features in common; being it whether, economy, social life styles and even race resemblance: Please, note that Norway and Iceland are not in the EU, therefore, you (with a Greek Adeia Paromonis) might not be eligible to exercise all rights. However, i would recommend Finland for some reasons which i'm a bit too lazy to write about now, at the moment.
   But, if i may ask, what category of Adeia Paramonis to you hold?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by bulletG(m): 8:20am On May 03, 2010
@ Vicjustice, thanks so much 4 ur early response, u r really a good Nigerian, if we have more pple like u especially here in Europe, then our pple wont be making all this costly mistakes we do.

please i will love u to throw more light on the Finland issue coz its no 1 on my list and i guess am on the right track.
the type of greek residence am using is 5years, i got married to a bulgarian lady here in greece and my 5 yrs just came out, by the way how come u knw so much abt Greece? have u stayed here b4? I really need to move out very soon coz the economy is real bad, thanks once again 4 ur speedy response
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by juzme: 9:22am On May 03, 2010
bullet G:

please i will love u to throw more light on the Finland issue coz its no 1 on my list and i guess am on the right track.
the type of greek residence am using is 5years, i got married to a bulgarian lady here in greece and my 5 yrs just came out, by the way how come u knw so much abt Greece? have u stayed here b4? I really need to move out very soon coz the economy is real bad, thanks once again 4 your speedy response

I will suggest that you move to Denmark with your spouse. You and your spouse may have a better opportunity there than Sweden and Finland. Norway could have been better for you but unfortunately they still apply restriction on the movement of Bulgaria citizen. Of course, Finland and Sweden are nice country too but your wife is likely not to find job so soon due to language barrier. And for you to be officialy registered in any of those countries your wife must be exercising her EU treaty Rights.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 11:25am On May 03, 2010
bullet G:

@ Vicjustice, thanks so much 4 your early response, u r really a good Nigerian, if we have more pple like u especially here in Europe, then our pple wont be making all this costly mistakes we do.

the type of greek residence am using is 5years, i got married to a bulgarian lady here in greece and my 5 yrs just came out, by the way how come u knw so much abt Greece? have u stayed here b4? I really need to move out very soon coz the economy is real bad, thanks once again 4 your speedy response
   Thank you for the nice words, i was moved by it and that gave me the encouragement to write even though i wasn't ready for it.
   First of all, i should bring to your attention that i did visit Finland during my stay in Estonia, but it was just for one night and two days, and that was to watch Justin Gatlin win the 100m World Athletic Championship, but i forgot to add it to the list of the countries i've been to perhaps because, i didn't see much of the country.
   Now, it is worthwhile to note that Scandinavian areas are arguably the best part of Europe in many aspects, and that the countries involved are very simalar in many positive regards, which means, whatever privilege that a person enjoys in one Scandinavian country is more or less enjoyed in other Scandinavian countries. Also, it's desirable to know that Scandinavians are very well educated people hence it is microscopically rare to find someone who does not understand English (no matter the age) almost everybody speaks English. The truth is, Denmark and Finland are about the same level in almost everything, but the main reason i suggested Finland is the fact that Denmark is a bit too infested by immigrants from poorer EU countries.
   And as for your question about how i know "so much" about Greece, i think you didn't read the opening article of this thread, otherwise, you would have understood it. Nevertheless, i'm glad to say that i don't only know about Greece, i do speak the Ellinika (Greek) language and can write in its alphabet. cool
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Tegese: 5:41pm On May 30, 2010
juzme:

I will suggest that you move to Denmark with your spouse. You and your spouse may have a better opportunity there than Sweden and Finland. Norway could have been better for you but unfortunately they still apply restriction on the movement of Bulgaria citizen. Of course, Finland and Sweden are nice country too but your wife is likely not to find job so soon due to language barrier. And for you to be officialy registered in any of those countries your wife must be exercising her EU treaty Rights.
are bulgarian citizens entitled to work in other eu countries?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Tegese: 10:57pm On Jul 29, 2010
^^^^^^
Juzme, you r alive?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by wishlolia(f): 11:44am On Sep 17, 2010
i am liking the posts of this guy, i wont be wrong to say i enjoy hearing from him. this is a very nice and educating thread. well done vicjustice
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by juzme: 11:56am On Sep 17, 2010
Tegese:

are bulgarian citizens entitled to work in other eu countries?
I appologize, I didnt see your post earlier.
Bulgaria is regarded as the A2 and therefore are going through transitional period as member of eu. Which means some other eu countries apply some restriction on their freedom of movement. In some countries they are entitled to work immediately without the need of work permit while in some other countries in Eu they need work permit. But of course it is not a big problem for them as they dont go through the same process as those who need visa and work permit. Also, their transitional period i suppose will end by 2012.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by ChScott(m): 11:05pm On Sep 19, 2010
Poster thanks, I am a keen follower of this travel section cos i intend leaving the country to further my study
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 21, 2010
pls can someone tell mi if one can relocate from france to finland.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 9:41pm On Sep 28, 2010
akin707:

pls can someone tell mi if one can relocate from france to finland.
France and Finland are both Schengen states, but what is your document status in France like?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by myjos: 12:42pm On Sep 29, 2010
@Vicjustice . man thanks for the great job u the best

i will like to know which is better to reside in the uk: dublin, belfast or leicester(england) as those are the three on my list for now. thanks
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 12:59pm On Sep 29, 2010
myjos:

@Vicjustice . man thanks for the great job u the best

i will like to know which is better to reside in the uk: dublin, belfast or leicester(england) as those are the three on my list for now. thanks
Thanks for your comment.
Well, Dublin is not in the UK, it is the capital city of the Republic Of Ireland which is a separate state from the UK's territory Norther Ireland that has Belfast as its capital. However, these cities have many things in common and your choice to live in any would be totally up to your preferential decision.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by myjos: 2:10pm On Sep 29, 2010
Vicjustice:

Thanks for your comment.
Well, Dublin is not in the UK, it is the capital city of the Republic Of Ireland which is a separate state from the UK's territory Norther Ireland that has Belfast as its capital. However, these cities have many things in common and your choice to live in any would be totally up to your preferential decision.

ok sorry for the mix up with dublin 2 uk state, i eamnt talking about job opportunities, which can one get more opportunity dublin(ireland), belfast(uk) or leucester(uk). thanks and best wish from my heart.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Hussain555(m): 2:11pm On Sep 29, 2010
tunapa4dem:

u can use www.braintrack.com
i hope this will be useful
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 29, 2010
@ vicjustice tanks for the reply my document status in here in france is such that l can in wit a tourist visa that is to last for one month, But really l dont ve intensions to come back home now, ,nevertheless ,l intend to leave paris and go up north to finland or spain to settle down.how possible mr vicjustice, pls advice !!!!
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by mayblossom(f): 8:36pm On Sep 29, 2010
very interesting and informative. i only wish u cud tell more abt spain
i'm kinda interested.
how's d economy? how easy for family reunion{wife join hubby\vise versa}
whats d labour mkt like, wot of language? wot population speak english? etc
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 10:36pm On Sep 29, 2010
akin707:

@ vicjustice tanks for the reply my document status in here in france is such that l can in wit a tourist visa that is to last for one month, But really l dont ve intensions to come back home now, ,nevertheless ,l intend to leave paris and go up north to finland or spain to settle down.how possible mr vicjustice, pls advice !!!!
   Honestly talking, people like you make it difficult for genuine people to get tourist visas.
   Anyway, with a valid tourist Schengen visa for France, you won't be encountering any difficulty nor restriction should you wish to move to Finland as both are borderless Schengen states: you won't even come in contact with immigration officers since flight within Schengen countries are scheduled to taxi through the restriction-free zones where the passangers can disembark and follow the passage-way leaving the airport just like domestic travel: the only people that would check your documents are the officials in France, but you would definitely be cleared to board, then, you're free to enter Finland, but then, you'll be illegal as soon as your visa expires and that is when your struggle begins.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Meet Gadzama: The Pilot Who Flew The Crashed King Air 350 Aircraft In Abuja / Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? / "There Are No Jobs In Dubai, Nigerians Don't Be Deceived" (Photos/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.