Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? (5321 Views)

She's Stingy, Should I Dump Her? / Does Anyone Else Thinks That Relationships Are Overrated. / Did I Go Too Far With What I Did? She Thinks I'm Silly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by 4wardever(m): 9:47am On May 24, 2012
We have been in the relationship for a while now and are both focused on it. Recently, she expected me to pay for an ASO EBI and I told her that I could not though jokingly but she didnt take it as such and poured out her mind that I do not like "taking charge" when it comes to money matters which she had noticed on several occassions and blah blah blah. Because of this, she said she is gradually making up her mind to live as an independent woman when we eventually get married.
In the middle of her rantings, she said that she had even seen her father treat her mum like that on several occassions.

I tried many things to make her see otherwise and even went as far as reminding her of a particular gadget that I had promised to her cos she needed it badly and could not afford it. Pls house, what should I do?

Thoughtful responses pls.
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by slimyem: 10:03am On May 24, 2012
i hate stingy guys and would rather be alone than be in a relationship with one...
Your gf's emphasis is on 'on several occassions'.
Do you think you are stingy?
Are you trying to play the 'don't fall mugun' game?
If she really needs something she can't afford and you can,why not?
Its not like its everyday she asks you to help out with something..is it?
Every woman want a man who can be truly sympathetic to her needs not one who makes mockery of them..
The rest is in your hands...
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by Mynd44: 10:06am On May 24, 2012
Guy you are about to be scamed
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by Sijo01(f): 10:08am On May 24, 2012
If u r nt stingy as u said, prove her wrong. Chikina!
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by Metalgoong(m): 10:12am On May 24, 2012
@Poster

Well, I can lend you an AK-47 to rob a bank, or to commit suicide so as to satisfy your girl friend. . . Mumu!!
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:20am On May 24, 2012
Y is she ranting? Did u make it clear to her u were teasing? Regardless u playing or not, her comments were harsh. One question, is ur babe proud? It is very dangerous to b d spouse of a proud individual because all the family is labouring for may be destroyed through the pride of the fellow.Dat said, I am only drawing emphasis on pride cus she seems d type.U make a joke and she comes coughing dat hard? Dude evaluate b4 u put a ring on it o! lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by 4wardever(m): 10:24am On May 24, 2012
slimyem: i hate stingy guys and would rather be alone than be in a relationship with one...
Your gf's emphasis is on 'on several occassions'.
If she really needs something she can't afford and you can,why not?
Its not like its everyday she asks you to help out with something..is it?
Every woman want a man who can be truly sympathetic to her needs not one who makes mockery of them..
The rest is in your hands...

My answer is no. I am a giver and will always be. Infact, there many obligations that I help family and other friends meet. Now that doesnt mean that I do not realise the need to save for the rainy day. The issue is usually when she has high expectations and I do not meet that. At such instance, would you call it stingy? I don't think so.

No. We have gone pass that stage such that anything I spend on her, I believe is also going to affect me too.

Every woman want a man who can be truly sympathetic to her [b]needs
not one who makes mockery of them..[/b]

Fine. No man in his right sense would make fun of his woman's needs. I think the women should be more tactical in their approaches when requesting from their men. It is a boost to his ego when he gives to his woman. Infact, before she gave up, she had requested for it many times on phone but I deliberately said no to test her persistence and derive some fun in the process. It did not mean that I was not going to give her. I think some good women should learn from the bad girls, they know how to psyche men up just to get what they want.
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:26am On May 24, 2012
Well you don't 'sound' stingy. And if you aren't there's nothing to prove as some suggest. You know yourself and your situation viz: your income, expenditure, how much you give(don't) your lady, etc. Therefore, judging with some 10second knowledge might be unfairly insufficient. Finally, if you have and want to give then give, if you have and don't want to give don't give, and if you don't have don't bug(they mostly ain't worth it). The yoruba have a saying, ''someone who calls you stingy(alahun) has automatically called themselves a greedy thief(ole olojukokoro)''.
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by 4wardever(m): 10:26am On May 24, 2012
Idowuogbo: Y is she ranting? Did u make it clear to her u were teasing? Regardless u playing or not, her comments were harsh. One question, is ur babe proud? It is very dangerous to b d spouse of a proud individual because all the family is labouring for may be destroyed through the pride of the fellow.Dat said, I am only drawing emphasis on pride cus she seems d type.U make a joke and she comes coughing dat hard? Dude evaluate b4 u put a ring on it o! lipsrsealed

My sister, you just hit the nail on the head. God bless you jor!!!
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:40am On May 24, 2012
The best thing right now is to surprise her with a gift, not too expensive but what she desires and if she's worth it, she'll forget her moment of being blunt. I wish you good luck bro
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by LesbianBoy(m): 10:46am On May 24, 2012
@OP pls kindly answer this questions.........have u 'browsed' her 'website'? Yes? or is she one of those 'wait-until-marriage-before-we-do-it kind of girls' if she is among the LATTER then sorry to say she is maddddddddddddd!!!!!! She wants to eat her cake and have it! Why cant she buy whatever she wants with her money NONSENSE!
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by slimyem: 10:47am On May 24, 2012
4wardever:

My answer is no. I am a giver and will always be. Infact, there many obligations that I help family and other friends meet. Now that doesnt mean that I do not realise the need to save for the rainy day. The issue is usually when she has high expectations and I do not meet that. At such instance, would you call it stingy? I don't think so.

No. We have gone pass that stage such that anything I spend on her, I believe is also going to affect me too.

Every woman want a man who can be truly sympathetic to her [b]needs
not one who makes mockery of them..[/b]

Fine. No man in his right sense would make fun of his woman's needs. I think the women should be more tactical in their approaches when requesting from their men. It is a boost to his ego when he gives to his woman. Infact, before she gave up, she had requested for it many times on phone but I deliberately said no to test her persistence and derive some fun in the process. It did not mean that I was not going to give her. I think some good women should learn from the bad girls, they know how to psyche men up just to get what they want.

we are all just moulded differently and cultured differently and at this stage of your relationship and the few lines you fed us,you should understand your girl better...
Explain your above points to her and let her see reason with you...
She still has a lot to learn(her girlish pride needs to be inactive at times) in handling her man...so do you..in handling her...
This isnt so much of a big issue...work it out!
...and goodluck!

1 Like

Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:54am On May 24, 2012
@OP
bro you have to read between the line and be VERY careful of her intention when telling you this:
YOU DO NOT LIKE TO TAKE CHARGE IN MONEY MATTERS: she is trying to use your ego to make you pay for stuff, making you believe that a man who buys stuff is "in charge". you are ONLY in charge when you pay for what you desire, the minute you pay for what you DONT want (like buying aso ebi for example) then you are no more in charge.

SHE WILL LIVE AS AN INDEPENDENT WOMAN AFTER MARRIAGE: why would she even want to marry a guy like you? if you are so bad then simply tell her to go find the generous man of her dreams, instead of wasting your bloody time. you should have told her that you will never marry a lady who think like her, and if thats what she wants to do then she better LEAVE NOW.

SHE'S SEEN HER FATHER TREAT HER MOTHER LIKE THAT: using her family to compare you and put pressure on you to act a different way. dont fall to this trick and you should have simply reply to her that:"my father was a wise spender and never spent money on stuff that he didnt believe was needed or necessary. so just like MY father, i will only buy you a gift when I DECIDE that you deserve one.....or you can always buy it yourself with your own money."

1 Like

Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:05am On May 24, 2012
joeydozzy: The best thing right now is to surprise her with a gift, not too expensive but what she desires and if she's worth it, she'll forget her moment of being blunt. I wish you good luck bro

She don show herself joor! Abeggg! Buying a gift means u accepting her stunts.

In order words,spoiling a proud character wiv materialistic tins is a form of encouraging d unacceptable.

1 Like

Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:28am On May 24, 2012
Idowuogbo:

She don show herself joor! Abeggg! Buying a gift means u accepting her stunts.

In order words,spoiling a proud character wiv materialistic tins is a form of encouraging d unacceptable.

But what if she's sorry. That could come out in a moment of do or tell. that's just my 2 cents. he's trying not to break this relationship not the other way round
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:34am On May 24, 2012
joeydozzy:

But what if she's sorry. That could come out in a moment of do or tell. that's just my 2 cents. he's trying not to break this relationship not the other way round

Age ain't nothing but a number, d babe still has a lot of growing up to do. Like I said earlier, her response to her bf speaks volume. Pride is a killer wen building something long term.if d said galfriend knew her partner was joking, d whole bin in charge and independent thinking she already possess needs evaluating. D gal was calling shots dat shouldn't b overlooked by d poster, such traits are deadly IMO.

1 Like

Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:56am On May 24, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Age ain't nothing but a number, d babe still has a lot of growing up to do. Like I said earlier, her response to her bf speaks volume. Pride is a killer wen building something long term.if d said galfriend knew her partner was joking, d whole bin in charge and independent thinking she already possess needs evaluating. D gal was calling shots dat shouldn't b overlooked by d poster, such traits are deadly IMO.

Lol u sound like the op's mother. Seriously considering that
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:58am On May 24, 2012
joeydozzy:

Lol u sound like the op's mother. Seriously considering that

Mother ke? Haba! Am just taking IT ni o!
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by richy5(m): 11:59am On May 24, 2012
So
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by kilimanjaro(m): 12:17pm On May 24, 2012
Idowuogbo: Y is she ranting? Did u make it clear to her u were teasing? Regardless u playing or not, her comments were harsh. One question, is ur babe proud? It is very dangerous to b d spouse of a proud individual because all the family is labouring for may be destroyed through the pride of the fellow.Dat said, I am only drawing emphasis on pride cus she seems d type.U make a joke and she comes coughing dat hard? Dude evaluate b4 u put a ring on it o! lipsrsealed
Is this idowuigbo? Wonders shall continue.
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:20pm On May 24, 2012
kilimanjaro:
Is this idowuigbo? Wonders shall continue.
Looolzzzz

Mosofuwontele, Unpredictable and Unbeatable records!

Na me na! Iyalaje connections alias Omonomopa aka gbaskimacious Badosky. cool
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by cowgurl: 12:25pm On May 24, 2012
[quote
author=4wardever]We have been in the relationship for a while now and
are both focused on it. Recently, she expected me to pay for an ASO EBI
and I told her that I could not though jokingly but she didnt take it as
such and poured out her mind that I do not like "taking charge" when it
comes to money matters which she had noticed on several occassions and
blah blah blah. Because of this, she said she is gradually making up her
mind to live as an independent woman when we eventually get married.
In the middle of her rantings, she said that she had even seen her
father treat her mum like that on several occassions.

I tried many things to make her see otherwise and even went as far as
reminding her of a particular gadget that I had promised to her cos she
needed it badly and could not afford it. Pls house, what should I do?

Thoughtful responses pls.[/quote] Good thing she bore her minds out, you on the other hand need to sit her down and truthfully explain to her how wrong she is(i.e if she's wrong) and if she wants a quit? Serve her!
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by joanana(f): 12:33pm On May 24, 2012
@op she said she will live independently after marriage? take her word s seriously cos thats sounds like married but living single.There isn't going to be unanimous decisions in the house, everybody should run his or her show. The marriage will not work with such believes. . According to Idowuogbo, evaluate properly before u put a ring on it ooo.

Ladies should learn how to get things for themselves. You don't have to wait for any man to get u something that u desperately want. I mean if u r working , u can get whatever u desire with your money. Don't wait on the man.
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 24, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Looolzzzz

Tualé
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:40pm On May 24, 2012
joeydozzy:

Tualé

Tuale recognito

Sempe baba! grin cool
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by kilimanjaro(m): 12:51pm On May 24, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Looolzzzz

Jawon laya badosky. U try! Never knew u could be that fluent.
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by luckgames(m): 12:56pm On May 24, 2012
4wardever: We have been in the relationship for a while now and are both focused on it. Recently, she expected me to pay for an ASO EBI and I told her that I could not though jokingly but she didnt take it as such and poured out her mind that I do not like "taking charge" when it comes to money matters which she had noticed on several occassions and blah blah blah. Because of this, she said she is gradually making up her mind to live as an independent woman when we eventually get married.
In the middle of her rantings, she said that she had even seen her father treat her mum like that on several occassions.

I tried many things to make her see otherwise and even went as far as reminding her of a particular gadget that I had promised to her cos she needed it badly and could not afford it. Pls house, what should I do?

Thoughtful responses pls.

Pass over your pay check to her
She will give you pocket money
Tell her to get a life
She is trying to brain wash you
She want to control the money
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 24, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Tuale recognito

Sempe baba! grin cool
grin
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by Idowuogbo(f): 1:06pm On May 24, 2012
kilimanjaro:
Jawon laya badosky. U try! Never knew u could be that fluent.
So u think na only una sabi blow ngbatic Harvard abi? Am full of surprises jiZzy!
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 24, 2012
Dis one na true wahala o! Idowuogbo thumbs up.. But when a woman lays so much ''emphasis'' on stingyness, obviously she's meeting/seeing high spenders through friends, relations e.t.c meaning she's wants to set a monetary relationship with the poster. A woman that isn't contented/thankful with what she has is no good for a blissful union. And again, she wants to be financially independent in marriage, why not start now? Charity they say begins at home. Must she milk you now?
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by kilimanjaro(m): 1:25pm On May 24, 2012
Idowuogbo:
So u think na only una sabi blow ngbatic Harvard abi? Am full of surprises jiZzy!
Re: She Thinks That I Am Stingy, What Should I Do? by Idowuogbo(f): 1:33pm On May 24, 2012
bennyraz: Dis one na true wahala o! Idowuogbo thumbs up.. But when a woman lays so much ''emphasis'' on stingyness, obviously she's meeting/seeing high spenders through friends, relations e.t.c meaning she's wants to set a monetary relationship with the poster. A woman that isn't contented/thankful with what she has is no good for a blissful union. And again, she wants to be financially independent in marriage, why not start now? Charity they say begins at home. Must she milk you now?

Exactly! Well said ojere!

No b minor quanta at all!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Caught In The Middle (tight Corner) / During Hug Who Benefit More,male Or Female? / 12 Moments In Your Relationship That Make You Realize The Power Of Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.