Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,655 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland (2766 Views)

Popular Ghanaian Pastor Caresses Man's P***s On Live TV / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:50am On May 26, 2012
I've gone through all their posts and threads and honestly this is my own conclusion

1. They are all frustrated at religions and they have rights too for life itself don't add up.

2. How can u say there is no God and you spend all your time, intellect and energy proving otherwise? You are trying to prove that there is no God by quoting theorems and happenings. Why not just stick to your own belief and rest?

3. controversies they say abound in the Bible, well I agree that several 'unexplanable' things r in d Bible but I bet u'll never figure them out or prove them wrong either. So create ur own holy book and make it perfect

4. They say the Bible is not the word of God, I thought you already said there was no God?

5.Believing there is no God wouldn't ease frustrations

6.If life itself were a product of evolution, I think in the twenty-some years have been here, cats would have evolved to a point they start holding bottles or walking properly on twos

7. When atheist are really thankful, who do they thank? Charles Darwin?

8.Most atheist are highly intelligent people and most religious people are highly terrible and just ridiculous-the thiefs/robbers, boko harams/religious fanatics, drunkards, gays and lesbians,billionaire pastors who don't share, ritualists, prostitutes and all sort of stuffs happens only with the religious people but that doesn't change anything.

9. I think whether or not the Bible is right or wrong has nothing to do with u, u don't believe in it-we already know that, so let it be for those that believe in it.

10. In conclusion, in d middle of a dark night, u have the right to believe the sun does not exist but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Its ur take

3 Likes

Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by logicboy: 8:23am On May 26, 2012
iv4fb: I've gone through all their posts and threads and honestly this is my own conclusion

1. They are all frustrated at religions and they have rights too for life itself don't add up.

2. How can u say there is no God and you spend all your time, intellect and energy proving otherwise? You are trying to prove that there is no God by quoting theorems and happenings. Why not just stick to your own belief and rest?

3. controversies they say abound in the Bible, well I agree that several 'unexplanable' things r in d Bible but I bet u'll never figure them out or prove them wrong either. So create ur own holy book and make it perfect

4. They say the Bible is not the word of God, I thought you already said there was no God?

6.If life itself were a product of evolution, I think in the twenty-some years have been here, cats would have evolved to a point they start holding bottles or walking properly on twos

8.Most atheist are highly intelligent people and most religious people are highly terrible and just ridiculous-the thiefs/robbers, boko harams/religious fanatics, drunkards, gays and lesbians,billionaire pastors who don't share, ritualists, prostitutes and all sort of stuffs happens only with the religious people but that doesn't change anything.

9. I think whether or not the Bible is right or wrong has nothing to do with u, u don't believe in it-we already know that, so let it be for those that believe in it.

10. In conclusion, in d middle of a dark night, u have the right to believe the sun does not exist but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Its ur take

Sorry but not only is your title "trolliously" wrong, your comment shows a lot of religious intolerance and ignorance.

1) Not all atheists are frustrated with religion. However, I am really frustrated with religion. Unlike you, I hate to see my fellow man being brainwashed and robbed with tithes. I hate to see my fellow sisters slapped by pompous pastors. I hate to see children being taught that intelligent design is scientific. I hate to see my fellow Nigerians accept two foriegn religions that enlaved our forefathers. I care and have compassion. I am not ashamed of my convictions

2) This is clear ignorance, intolerance, bigotry and hypocrisy; Christians who have no proof of their God are allowed to preach to millions in churches with loudspeakers, allowed to preach and force their religion on buses or public market spaces, allowed to preach on Nairaland, allowed preach and force their religion from door to door etc BUT WHEN AN ATHEIST TALKS ABOUT HIS NON BELIEF IN GOD ON THE INTERNET, HE IS DISTURBING OTHERS WITH FAITH.

For centuries christians have been allowed to express their freedom of religion. Atheists have the right too.

Dont be a hypocrite, if you want atheists to stick to their belief and let everyone be, then also tell christians to stick to their beliefs and shut up.

3) . For your sake, I hope that you are not christian because your argument contradicts yourself. Why would there be controversies if the bible is accurate?

4)The bible is wrong on so many levels- regulating slavery, saying that women should be silent in churches, sexism, genocide etc.

Why should atheist have a holy book?

5) How does saying that there is no God contradict saying that the bible is not the word of God? God doesnt exist and so he can not have a book- simple

6) Ignorance about evolution. Read about evolution. This should not even be debated. Just because a scientific theory debunks your religion deosnt mean it is wrong. Do you also reject germ theory or the theory of gravity? Instead of teaching evolution to our children, we are left with this ignorance

7) Why should atheists be thankful to a non-existent God or thankful for no reason?

cool Remove religion and we would have one less reason to be discriminatory, divisive and fighting.

9) Bigotry and intolerance again. Tell the people that preach the bible and force it on our heads to shut up first. They preach in churches with loadspeakers, preach on the internet, jehovah witness our front door, preach in the markets, preach on TV and preach on the internet. Hypocrite

10) You can only make this allusion because you know that there is day.
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by MrGlobe(m): 9:24am On May 26, 2012
@OP lmao at #4, 6 and 7! I just think atheist are just a bunch of people who just decides to be on the other side. They have not shown any tangible proof that God does not exist. We have the bible, they have nothing. Inasmuch as I detest 419 pastors who today make up more than 80% of pastors, its not a good reason to say God does not exist because even the bible predicted that. The question I always ask these atheist is that since their unbelief is based on argument, what if they are wrong? What if it turns out God exist? Some signs and predictions has shown there is a God let them present their own signs that prove otherwise instead of telling me a fraudulent man opens a church and begins to defraud members (which God according to the bible warned against) just as an atheist too can be fraudulent that there is no God. However, to each his own.
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by God2man(m): 9:46am On May 26, 2012
iv4fb: I've gone through all their posts and threads and honestly this is my own conclusion

Thank you, my brother, we know these facts already, there is no atheist on nairaland, it is just a GAME. God bless you. God2man.
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by ea7(m): 10:11am On May 26, 2012
oh okay then charles xavier, you read me like a book. A book held upside down and pointed at the mirror with rearanged pages.
1 Hell no.
2 No, some atheists/agnostics are trying to prove that most/all religious gods are improbable at best.
3 makes no sense at all.
4 Christards like you believe in an omnimax deity, if there were such a being he would know how to distinguish himself from savages.
5 your point being?
6 your unbelievable arrogance and ignorance is just... Human is not an ideal form, it is just a form that allows us to survive, the cats have a form to let them survive as well. Thats evolution. Or are you saying that if I pour drops of water into a glass the glass will nott get fll eventually.
7 8 9 10- Grow a brain.
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:38am On May 26, 2012
Well, I expect attacks from the 'so called atheist' and yeah cool.

@logicmind, so you're never grateful? Wow! Nobody is forcing u to go to church, the pastors preach to their congregation and not to u, yes religion is one of the biggest if not the biggest of all problems on earth, but that has nothing to do with God's existence...my brother, religion and God are two distinct issues. my advice to u, open ur mind, free ur logical/unlogical reasons and if there be a God, ask Him to tell u about his existence.

@ea7, I'm still growing a very good brain, God's still working on it, apart from the fact that u are intolerrant of other religions (coz atheism has since become a religion too) u also are intolerant of other humans, u have no choice than to co-exist. Except u want to start ur own world. Unfortunately u can't, except if u evolve into some other form of 'thing'
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:49am On May 26, 2012
@logicmind, u need not attack my 'intolerance' or 'ignorance' as u put it, let's face the issue on ground instead. I didn't say they exist controversies rather I said 'inexplanable' things-we just can't explain them.. Maybe when u guys (the atheists) evolves into better creatures you can provide better 'so called' explanations.
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by Kay17: 12:02pm On May 26, 2012
The difference between adherents of abrahamic faiths and atheists is FAITH. Atheists and agnostics don't have it and without it, they cannot "comprehend" the mystery of Christianity.

Sometimes I'm puzzled by Christian attempts to separarte God from religion, because religion amounts to an acknowledgement of the existence of God and His worship. But I must accept that I don't understand Christianity because of my lack of faith.
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 26, 2012
@kay_17, I understand your point perfectly, again your concept of faith is a spiritual apprehension without resorting to physical proofs like the atheist want- that's correct. Religion is a belief in a supreme being, whether God, budha, anything (on a lighter note, even the atheist have faith, they believe in 'no god' or so they claim-isnt that faith?) It may be difficult to separate God from religion from ur own views but God isn't religion. Let's not go further into theology, the Lord is God. I see you believe in God, so ask him further questions, HE alone can open your understanding.
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by logicboy: 1:01pm On May 26, 2012
iv4fb: @logicmind, u need not attack my 'intolerance' or 'ignorance' as u put it, let's face the issue on ground instead. I didn't say they exist controversies rather I said 'inexplanable' things-we just can't explain them.. Maybe when u guys (the atheists) evolves into better creatures you can provide better 'so called' explanations.

1) I am not logicMind, I am logicBoy.

2) You are ignorant about evolution. You heard that it negates the creation story and now, you are against it. Read about evolution before you talk about it.

3) Why should an atheist explain the nonsense fairy tale in the bible that even you christians find inexplicable?
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by thehomer: 1:44pm On May 26, 2012

It looks as if you're simply confused about who an atheist is.
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 26, 2012
@logic..., I thought as a logic boy, ur mind is also logical-lol.(No offence intended) I did
a lot of evolution theories, brother. I did a lot of psychology too but trust me, even evotion contradict itself. Be honest. U know Darwin was stunned at the functionality and intelligence associated with the eye and evolution theories keep evolving-i bet u know that already. I really don't want to go further in evolution, I'm sure I'll get u more confused (sorry if that sound offensive). Life is too conplicated to be understood by natural reasoning. The truth is, if you don't believe in God(I'm not sure u don't though, u r most likely pissed at religion)), I'm not forcing u to but open ur mind, don't conclude, just ask to be told-ask God to show himself to u if he really exist and if He don't, then move on with your lifei i trust u would.

@thehomer, your point is? If I don't know who an atheist is, why not tell me...
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 26, 2012
@logic..., where art thou?
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by Kay17: 2:49pm On May 26, 2012
iv4fb: @kay_17, I understand your point perfectly, again your concept of faith is a spiritual apprehension without resorting to physical proofs like the atheist want- that's correct. Religion is a belief in a supreme being, whether God, budha, anything (on a lighter note, even the atheist have faith, they believe in 'no god' or so they claim-isnt that faith?) It may be difficult to separate God from religion from ur own views but God isn't religion. Let's not go further into theology, the Lord is God. I see you believe in God, so ask him further questions, HE alone can open your understanding.

No, FAITH is a special article of religion. Same can't be applied to agnostics, atheists or even deists.

Faith is that "unexplained" divine conviction.
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 26, 2012
@kay_17, sure. U r on point. My words were carefully selected in regards atheists and faith, go thru that post again please.

So you don't have faith? And u are faithless? Just asking!
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 26, 2012
Kay 17:

No, FAITH is a special article of religion. Same can't be applied to agnostics, atheists or even deists.

Faith is not unexplained.. it's simply believing in 'that' which is not 'seen'...
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by stag: 7:22pm On May 26, 2012
Atheist? Wole soyinka does not believe in God yet he worships his ogun god undecided

They say he is jst dat guy who's all dressed up in his coffin with no where to go.

Aitheists r attention seekers
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by buzugee(m): 8:19pm On May 26, 2012

i am surprised you did not get any likes for this poignant thread. anyway let me start the procession with my 'like'.
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by Kay17: 9:47pm On May 26, 2012
iv4fb: @kay_17, sure. U r on point. My words were carefully selected in regards atheists and faith, go thru that post again please.

So you don't have faith? And u are faithless? Just asking!

What do you think, I ve been saying?!
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 26, 2012
@muskeeto, nice1
@kay_17, have u been saying something? Lols, you only showed us that u don't believe in faith too
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by Avicenna: 10:08pm On May 26, 2012

This is another poster that failed to reason objectively. Once objectivity starts, NO religion can hold up. Absolutely not. A concept of God may still linger but it will be diminished into nothing.

1- And your unprovable supernatural God answers it all? With his psychotic babbling in your brain? Atleast,make an attempt to explain things for your self without recourse to God and see how unnecessary and fraudulent your God is.

2- if I had not discovered Nairaland, my doubts would have remained just that,doubts. Maybe my religiousness will diminish but it will still remain. Just same way scammers(religious leaders) keep screaming hell,conversion by threats, I have a responsibility to open eyes to the nonsense of religion. just like my eyes were opened.

3-create my own holy book? See, that's what some scam artists also thought. And you have your religion. A holy book targeting your innate feeling to be thrilled/scared will be a best seller these days.

4-Exactly, no holy book is the word of God because that God simply does not exist! It is rather a collection of a rather imaginative folktales.

5-No,it wouldn't. But until you abandon God and religion, you will never know how free you are. On the hand, I had faith once, so I know exactly how you feel. Caged and delusional. Even as intelligent person, the delusion is still there.

6- first,life is NOT a product of evolution. It will do you well in the future to read up on what you are talking about.

7- I don't need to thank any nonexistent supernatural God. If I wanna thank anybody, I will thank my parents.

8-it doesn't change anything indeed. You don't need a rocket scientist to draw a correlation between both. People hide under religion to commit crime and then use same religion to expunge guilt. Conscience transcend religion.

9- yeah, so that you can use to exploit more people? I have every right to criticize a lie disguised as truth. Even more as a scientist, I must disprove/refute any assertion that hold no logical substance.

10-see how low you went. Comparing something as glaringly obvious and provable as the sun to your nonexistent daddy/master in the sky. Next time, choose your metaphor wisely.
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by Kay17: 10:34pm On May 26, 2012
I don't have since I'm an atheist
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by 2good(m): 10:52pm On May 26, 2012

You have lost your personal sense of reasoning and logical thinking. Use your brain to think rationally and ask logical questions!
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 26, 2012
Again atheists, u don't have to be abusive or cruel or use insults, I have rights to my own opinions and so do you. Nevertheless, since the right to be heard does not include the right to be taken seriously, I'll consider those using harsh words as not serious.

@2good, I did outline my reasoning, yet u didn't see them and u have none to present neither have u asked any logical question, rather u made some illogical conclusions. U need Jesus, only Him can help you and if he don't, no one else can.

@avicenna, I had to laugh at the point u raised, that when you are really thankful (say for some happenings) you'll thank your parents-interesting! Maybe you should blame them for your woes rather than taking God to be ur foe. I'm sorry friend, God isn't the source of your frustration, maybe too much learning is.
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by ea7(m): 11:33pm On May 26, 2012
oh dear, davidylan's here.
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 26, 2012
Kay 17: The difference between adherents of abrahamic faiths and atheists is FAITH. Atheists and agnostics don't have it and without it, they cannot "comprehend" the mystery of Christianity.

Sometimes I'm puzzled by Christian attempts to separarte God from religion, because religion amounts to an acknowledgement of the existence of God and His worship. But I must accept that I don't understand Christianity because of my lack of faith.

That is a flat out LIE. Faith does not have to be tied to one of the defined religions.
the unproven belief that you just appeared out of random chaos is itself FAITH in science.
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 26, 2012
ea7: oh dear, davidylan's here.

grin grin grin grin Miss me yet?
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 26, 2012
Kay 17:

not true. check your dictionary before making a fool of urself next time.
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 26, 2012
logicboy:

1) I am not logicMind, I am logicBoy.

2) You are ignorant about evolution. You heard that it negates the creation story and now, you are against it. Read about evolution before you talk about it.

3) Why should an atheist explain the nonsense fairy tale in the bible that even you christians find inexplicable?

Neither do you understand it. grin You just heard that it negates the creation story and now you are for it.
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by ea7(m): 11:37pm On May 26, 2012
get ur a$s back to the last thread we battled on. Ain't finished with you yet.
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 26, 2012
Avicenna:
6- first,life is NOT a product of evolution. It will do you well in the future to read up on what you are talking about.

so kindly explain where life came from. thanks.
Re: There Are No ATHEIST(S) On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:40pm On May 26, 2012
ea7: get ur a$s back to the last thread we battled on. Ain't finished with you yet.

huh? In that time frame i've been on 3 long haul trips, landed a new job and worked on 2 projects... grin sincerely, your thread and your non-arguments are a waste of credible time. I just come here to pass time dude.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does The Family You Are Born Into Determine Your Religion? / Giving For God's Service / Are Atheist Threat To Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.