Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,839 members, 7,956,164 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:27 AM

Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap (4382 Views)

Why I Deny The Virgin Birth Of Jesus / "What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" / Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by MrAnony1(m): 6:33am On May 29, 2012
buzugee: sup my main man Mr Anony grin and i aint into no heresy neither. sall about that sound doctrine from the mouth of the ancient one. the most high. Yahawah, that is.
1-Jesus is the son of God just as all the saints are the children of God.
Not exactly. He is the Firstborn Son and through Him and only Him we become God's children. Amen
2-He sure did come in the flesh. He from the tribe of judah too. skin like brass as if burnt in a furnace ( kinda like wesley snipes complexion )
Yes He indeed came but His skin color is not of any relevance to the gospel of salvation. Amen
3-He sure died crucified on a cross. the romans and the wicked pharisees saw to that not to mention prophesy had to be fulfilled.
Amen
4-He sure did resurrect on the 3rd day. but you have to know that a jewish day is 12 hours. so technically he resurrected in a day and a half
I think we both know exactly what three days is. Anyway the main point is that He did indeed rise from the grave. Amen
5-He sure is coming back to rapture the saints to jerusalem out of babylon and the four corners of the earth.
Amen. I believe that Jerusalem and Babylon are used symbolically here to mean Heaven and Earth.

Now that you know what is true, why do you bother yourself and everyone else over irrelevant details that do not aid salvation but bring unnecessary dispute? (Titus 3:9-11)
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by 2good(m): 6:45am On May 29, 2012
buzugee: LUKE 2 VS 4 So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. yall stiff necked and rebellious as can be

I love this guy! lol.
You really need to start your own religious movement
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by ijawkid(m): 8:35am On May 29, 2012
buzugee: grin grin grin bruv i thought it was the same thing myself till i checked it up. we learn new things everyday chief. apparently immaculate conception means mary is a holy woman and has never sinned ( or something stupid along those lines ) while the virgin birth refers to the birth itself. wink

Now I really have a big problem with d immaculate conception of mary.......

That is some big ""HERESY""
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by LogicMind: 12:00pm On May 29, 2012
ijawkid:

This was a doctrine of the catholic church since 19th century.
In 1858, the blessed virgin mary appeared to a small girl in france who was suffering from a suspected athritis and told this sick girl that she was the immaculate conception. This was four years after the pope proclaimed it as a doctrine. The girl died a few weeks later before she could really be interogated.
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:52pm On May 29, 2012
Logic Mind:

This was a doctrine of the catholic church since 19th century.
In 1858, the blessed virgin mary appeared to a small girl in france who was suffering from a suspected athritis and told this sick girl that she was the immaculate conception. This was four years after the pope proclaimed it as a doctrine. The girl died a few weeks later before she could really be interogated.

This article says how the pope came about the dogma of the immaculate conception.

This is the confession of a man who had been a member of the RCC for 50 years and who served as a priest for many of those years. He was a living witness during the time when the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception was introduced into the RCC.

The 8th of December, 1854, Pope Pius IX was sitting on his throne; a triple crown of gold and diamonds was on his head: silk and damask – red and white vestments on his shoulders; five hundred mitred prelates were surrounding him; and more than fifty thousand were at his feet in the incomparable St. Peter’s Church of Rome. A few minutes of most solemn silence, a cardinal, dressed with his purple robe, left his seat, and gravely walked towards the pope, humbly prostrating himself at his feet, and said:

"Holy Father, tell us if we can believe and teach that the Mother of God, the Holy Virgin Mary, was immaculate in her conception."

The Supreme Pontiff answered: "I do not know; let us ask the light of the Holy Ghost."

The cardinal withdrew; the pope and the numberless multitude fell on their knees; and the harmonious choir sang the "Veni Creator Spiritus."

The last note of the sacred hymn had hardly rolled under the vaults of the temple, when the same cardinal left his place, and again advanced towards the throne of the pontiff, prostrated himself at his feet, and said;

"Holy Father, tell us if the Holy Mother of God, the blessed Virgin Mary, was immaculate in her conception."

The pope again answered: "I do not know; let us ask the light of the Holy Ghost."

And again the "Veni Creator Spiritus" was sung.

Again the eyes of the multitude followed the grave steps of the purple - robed cardinal for the third time to the throne of the successor of St. Peter, to ask again:

"Holy Father, tell us if we can believe that the blessed Virgin Mary, the Mother of God was immaculate."

The pope, as if he had just received a direct communication from God, answered with a solemn voice:

"Yes! We must believe that the Blessed Virgin Mary was immaculate in her conception . . . There is no salvation to those who do not believe this dogma!"

And, with a loud voice, the pope intoned the Te Deum; the bells of the three hundred churches of Rome rang; the cannons of the citadel were fired. The last act of the most ridiculous and sacrilegious comedy the world had ever seen, was over; the doors of heaven were forever shut against those who would refuse to believe the anti-scriptural doctrine that there is a daughter of Eve who has not inherited the sinful nature of Adam.

She was redeclared exempt when the God of Truth said, "There is none righteous; no, not one: for all have sinned" (Rom.3:10,23)

No trace of this teaching is found in the first century of the Church.

(50 Years in the “Church” of Rome, The Conversion of a Priest, by Charles Chiniquy, Chick Publications, 1985, pp. 233-234 [c. 1886])
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by TheShopKeeper(m): 2:17pm On May 29, 2012
@buzugee! when will you start your own religion.
Everyday you are doing improper justice to the interpretation of the bible.
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by buzugee(m): 11:06pm On May 29, 2012
Mr_Anony: By the way Buzugee, just a little something to use as a rule of thumb when studying the bible:
If the literal sense makes sense, seek no other sense.
I was told this by a theologian friend of mine, hope this helps your subsequent bible studies, and please get born-again I beg you in the name of Christ for your sake.
i know you aint tryna give me advice with all your apostatic conjectures, innuendos, miss-translations, assumptions and whatnot angry
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by buzugee(m): 11:10pm On May 29, 2012
2good:

I love this guy! lol.
You really need to start your own religious movement
TheShopKeeper: @buzugee! when will you start your own religion.
Everyday you are doing improper justice to the interpretation of the bible.
now i know who my enemies are. i know yall tryna get me kilt out here grin grin. yall tryna get me in contravention of

1 JAMES 1 VS 27 - Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

2 ACTS 17 VS 24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by buzugee(m): 11:12pm On May 29, 2012
ijawkid:

oh yeah brother, heresy with a capital H. grin
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 29, 2012
buzugee: ROMANS 1 VS 3[b] Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;[/b] according to the flesh means ' by birth'. Joseph was of the lineage of King David by the flesh ( by birth ) and Jesus was the seed of King David by the flesh ( by birth ), hence Joseph slept with mary to produce the messiah because mary was not of King David by the flesh ( by birth )

Indeed you are no Christian, but a white hating Hebrew Israelite

Jesus is Lord and he was born of the Power of the Holy Spirit.

I warn you not to blaspheme the gospel to your destruction.
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by buzugee(m): 11:20pm On May 29, 2012
frosbel:

Indeed you are no Christian, but a white hating Hebrew Israelite

Jesus is Lord and he was born of the Power of the Holy Spirit.

I warn you not to blaspheme the gospel to your destruction.

grin grin grin all conjectures and hypothesis, mi compadre monsieur Frosbel. All conjectures. scripture says 'do not abhor an edomite for he is your brother'. am sure you know edomites are white folk. so i dont hate white folk. dunno how you come to that conclusion. undecided
You are right, Jesus is lord and he was born of the power of the holy spirit. grin
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by italo: 11:46am On May 30, 2012
ijawkid:

ijawkid:

Tell us how it is a heresy.
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by italo: 11:47am On May 30, 2012
ijawkid:

ijawkid:

Tell us how it is a heresy, who declared it so and by what authority.
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by Nobody: 11:53am On May 30, 2012
italo:

There is no such thing as Immaculate conception in the bible, Mary was a sinner like you and me.

Only Christ Jesus was born immaculate.

When will you stop elevating Mary to divine status
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by vedaxcool(m): 2:43pm On May 30, 2012
Bugzee u might want to read on parthogenesis, to see how impossible virgin birth isn't
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by italo: 3:21pm On May 30, 2012
frosbel:

There is no such thing as Immaculate conception in the bible, Mary was a sinner like you and me.

So anything that is not in the Bible is a lie? And is it in the Bible that Mary was a sinner? What sin did she commit? What book, chapter, what verse?

frosbel: Only Christ Jesus was born immaculate.

Show me where the Bible said that...or is this your own doctrine?

frosbel: When will you stop elevating Mary to divine status

You don't tell me what I'm doing with Mary. I tell you what I'm doing. Can you see my heart?
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by vedaxcool(m): 3:28pm On May 30, 2012
Parthenogenesis (play /ˌpærθənoʊˈdʒɛnəsɪs/) is a form of asexual reproduction where growth and development of embryos occur without fertilization. In plants, parthenogenesis means development of an embryo from an unfertilized egg cell, and is a component process of apomixis.

Gynogenesis and pseudogamy are closely related phenomena where a sperm or pollen triggers the development of the egg cell into an embryo but makes no genetic contribution to the embryo. The rest of the cytology and genetics of these phenomena are mostly identical to that of parthenogenesis.

The word parthenogenesis comes from the Greek παρθένος, parthenos, meaning "virgin", and γένεσις, genesis, meaning "birth".[1] The term is sometimes used inaccurately to describe reproduction modes in hermaphroditic species that can reproduce by themselves because they contain reproductive organs of both sexes in a single individual's body.

Parthenogenesis occurs naturally in many plants, some invertebrate animal species (including nematodes, water fleas, some scorpions, aphids, some bees, some Phasmida, and parasitic wasps) and a few vertebrates (such as some fish,[2] amphibians, reptiles,[3][4] and very rarely birds[5]). This type of reproduction has been induced artificially in a few species including fish and amphibians.[6]

Normal egg cells form after meiosis and are haploid, with half as many chromosomes as their mother's body cells. Haploid individuals, however, are usually non-viable, and parthenogenetic offspring usually have the diploid chromosome number. Depending on the mechanism involved in restoring the diploid number of chromosomes, parthenogenetic offspring may have anywhere between all and half of the mother's alleles. The offspring having all of the mother's genetic material are called full clones and those having only half are called "half clones". Full clones are usually formed without meiosis. If meiosis occurs, the offspring will get only a fraction of the mother's alleles.

So in theory the virgin birth is not impossible!
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by logicboy: 3:51pm On May 30, 2012
vedaxcool: Parthenogenesis (play /ˌpærθənoʊˈdʒɛnəsɪs/) is a form of asexual reproduction where growth and development of embryos occur without fertilization. In plants, parthenogenesis means development of an embryo from an unfertilized egg cell, and is a component process of apomixis.

Gynogenesis and pseudogamy are closely related phenomena where a sperm or pollen triggers the development of the egg cell into an embryo but makes no genetic contribution to the embryo. The rest of the cytology and genetics of these phenomena are mostly identical to that of parthenogenesis.

The word parthenogenesis comes from the Greek παρθένος, parthenos, meaning "virgin", and γένεσις, genesis, meaning "birth".[1] The term is sometimes used inaccurately to describe reproduction modes in hermaphroditic species that can reproduce by themselves because they contain reproductive organs of both sexes in a single individual's body.

Parthenogenesis occurs naturally in many plants, some invertebrate animal species (including nematodes, water fleas, some scorpions, aphids, some bees, some Phasmida, and parasitic wasps) and a few vertebrates (such as some fish,[2] amphibians, reptiles,[3][4] and very rarely birds[5]). This type of reproduction has been induced artificially in a few species including fish and amphibians.[6]

Normal egg cells form after meiosis and are haploid, with half as many chromosomes as their mother's body cells. Haploid individuals, however, are usually non-viable, and parthenogenetic offspring usually have the diploid chromosome number. Depending on the mechanism involved in restoring the diploid number of chromosomes, parthenogenetic offspring may have anywhere between all and half of the mother's alleles. The offspring having all of the mother's genetic material are called full clones and those having only half are called "half clones". Full clones are usually formed without meiosis. If meiosis occurs, the offspring will get only a fraction of the mother's alleles.

You people never have a complete understanding of science.

1) Parthenogenesis does not occur in primates.

2) If you were going to use science, the doctors are better than the christian God because they can make millions of virgins pregnant while God only did it for one virgin. Artificial insemination in humans.

Think outside the box menn
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by ijawkid(m): 4:10pm On May 30, 2012
italo:

So italo u mean u'll be asking me such question in this modern age when we all have our bibles handy??

So ur asking frosbel to show u which sin mary commited ba??

I don tire for catholics finally!!!!!

HERESY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U guys just do what u like.....

All so that mary can be fully worshipped................

And as we can see u guys are worshipping her...............

Keep waiting to find out d sin mary commited,until Gods kingdom comes asking u d same question......

Jesus himself will ask u wether mary was immaculately concieved,then I'll know d kinda answer u'll render........

If mary was immaculately concieved then we are all immaculately concieved.......

Hope that is clear?
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by 2good(m): 4:28pm On May 30, 2012
vedaxcool: Parthenogenesis (play /ˌpærθənoʊˈdʒɛnəsɪs/) is a form of asexual reproduction where growth and development of embryos occur without fertilization. In plants, parthenogenesis means development of an embryo from an unfertilized egg cell, and is a component process of apomixis.

Did you do basic Biology in Secondary School? I am really disappointed on your level of intelligence with this post. Please try not to go into technical discussions you know nothing about because there are lots of educated experts here on Nairaland. Funny thing is that your secondary school Biology is enough for you to know that what you posted is nonsense
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by vedaxcool(m): 4:44pm On May 30, 2012
2good:

Did you do basic Biology in Secondary School? I am really disappointed on your level of intelligence with this post. Please try not to go into technical discussions you know nothing about because there are lots of educated experts here on Nairaland. Funny thing is that your secondary school Biology is enough for you to know that what you posted is nonsense

Till you can show what i wrote is nonsense we will have to ignore your illitrate display here as nothing more than a manifestation of declining intellect and dullard brain. shocked shocked shocked

logicboy:

You people never have a complete understanding of science.

1) Parthenogenesis does not occur in primates.

2) If you were going to use science, the doctors are better than the christian God because they can make millions of virgins pregnant while God only did it for one virgin. Artificial insemination in humans.

Think outside the box menn

1) "True", but like my post alludes it is possible, that this was how God caused the virgin Mary to concieve without human intervention!

2. extremely daft statement, we are not comparing man with God, we are clearly discussing the Possibility that during the time of Jesus, Mary concieved him without male intervention, my post indicated that there is that possibility that caused Mary to be concieved in such a man, I wonder when you will be able to address issues with simple common sense, and clearly the fact that you ignored that artificial insemination always involves the "seed" Mary 's was without any seed! think man before you speak!
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by logicboy: 5:27pm On May 30, 2012
vedaxcool:

Till you can show what i wrote is nonsense we will have to ignore your illitrate display here as nothing more than a manifestation of declining intellect and dullard brain. shocked shocked shocked

1) "True", but like my post alludes it is possible, that this was how God caused the virgin Mary to concieve without human intervention!

2. extremely daft statement, we are not comparing man with God, we are clearly discussing the Possibility that during the time of Jesus, Mary concieved him without male intervention, my post indicated that there is that possibility that caused Mary to be concieved in such a man, I wonder when you will be able to address issues with simple common sense, and clearly the fact that you ignored that artificial insemination always involves the "seed" Mary 's was without any seed! think man before you speak!

Allahu Akar! Vedaxcool agreed with me! Impossible.

I must celebrate

Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by coolruler(m): 5:28pm On May 30, 2012
I got a question.
If Jesus is begotten without Joseph's involvement, why then is Joseph's lineage given as the father? Methinks's only Mary's lineage would have been sufficient.

And how come Mary is suddenly declared free of original sin(if there's anything like that).? On what basis?

Just wondering...
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by italo: 6:11pm On May 30, 2012
ijawkid:

So italo u mean u'll be asking me such question in this modern age when we all have our bibles handy??

So ur asking frosbel to show u which sin mary commited ba??

I don tire for catholics finally!!!!!

HERESY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U guys just do what u like.....

All so that mary can be fully worshipped................

And as we can see u guys are worshipping her...............

Keep waiting to find out d sin mary commited,until Gods kingdom comes asking u d same question......

Jesus himself will ask u wether mary was immaculately concieved,then I'll know d kinda answer u'll render........

If mary was immaculately concieved then we are all immaculately concieved.......

Hope that is clear?

You still didn't answer my question:

How is it a heresy? Who declared it so, and by what authority?
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by ijawkid(m): 6:45pm On May 30, 2012
italo:

You still didn't answer my question:

How is it a heresy? Who declared it so, and by what authority?

Na u sabi.........

U know the answer already................

If ur mistaking a virgin for immaculate conception then u need to re-think.....

Others will give u d answer.........

Since mary is perfect we go soon know
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by buzugee(m): 6:51pm On May 30, 2012
vedaxcool: Bugzee u might want to read on parthogenesis, to see how impossible virgin birth isn't
chief, its being a while since i read biology but i dont quite think parthogenesis applies to mammals. or does it undecided

matter fact i just wikipediad it and it does not occur in mammals unless of course you think Mary is a reptile or an amphibian grin grin grin grin
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by buzugee(m): 6:57pm On May 30, 2012
coolruler: I got a question.
If Jesus is begotten without Joseph's involvement, why then is Joseph's lineage given as the father? Methinks's only Mary's lineage would have been sufficient.

And how come Mary is suddenly declared free of original sin(if there's anything like that).? On what basis?

Just wondering...

exactly.
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by vedaxcool(m): 7:14pm On May 30, 2012
buzugee: chief, its being a while since i read biology but i dont quite think parthogenesis applies to mammals. or does it undecided

matter fact i just wikipediad it and it does not occur in mammals unless of course you think Mary is a reptile or an amphibian grin grin grin grin

Lol! My point remains we cannot rule that out as the cause of mary's conception, remember scientific data in this regards only convers our time, wat if this was how Mary concieved, my point remains since parthogenesis occurs in nature, we could as well make an assumption this had miraculously occurred to mary, and hence the use of the Term impossible should not occur. grin and no I don't think Mary as a reptile etc but inly pointing to you that possibilities are infinite.
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by italo: 7:19pm On May 30, 2012
I think say your mouth dey sharp before. Now you dey wait for others to come help you. Well its good sha as you've decided to shut your mouth and watch instead of saying what you don't know.
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by buzugee(m): 7:26pm On May 30, 2012
vedaxcool:

Lol! My point remains we cannot rule that out as the cause of mary's conception, remember scientific data in this regards only convers our time, wat if this was how Mary concieved, my point remains since parthogenesis occurs in nature, we could as well make an assumption this had miraculously occurred to mary, and hence the use of the Term impossible should not occur. grin and no I don't think Mary as a reptile etc but inly pointing to you that possibilities are infinite.
hmmm i am trying as much as possible to be optimistic about your assertions but i cant even muster an iota of possibility with mammalian parthenogenesis. you would have a better chance in convincing me that Mary was a crossbreed between a reptile and a human ( mermaid ) in which case your assertions can be entertained. grin grin
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by buzugee(m): 7:37pm On May 30, 2012
italo: I think say your mouth dey sharp before. Now you dey wait for others to come help you. Well its good sha as you've decided to shut your mouth and watch instead of saying what you don't know.
I think this is what you need here
romans 3 vs 23[b] for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God[/b] i think that pretty much ties in mary. so she is a sinner too. and as such 'perfect mary doctrine ' is a heresy, its preposterous, its a doctrine of seducing spirits, its greco-roman mythology and its ludicrous. all the great men of God struggled with sin. king david, solomon, paul, even Jesus struggled with sin when he was tempted but he alone defeated sin. The point here is mary was as much a sinner as the next man grin
Re: Final Dagger To The virgin birth Crap by vedaxcool(m): 7:50pm On May 30, 2012
buzugee: hmmm i am trying as much as possible to be optimistic about your assertions but i cant even muster an iota of possibility with mammalian parthenogenesis. you would have a better chance in convincing me that Mary was a crossbreed between a reptile and a human ( mermaid ) in which case your assertions can be entertained. grin grin

Its a pity you are a shallow reader go thru, the wiki stuff u read and u will see that parthogenesis can be induced in mammals, more important it is also has been demonstrated to have been done artificially to human stem cells resulting to producing human embryos, unfortunately I am browsing from my phone, could u do the public good by posting from wiki? Thanks as for convincing you, that is is hardly why I am responding, only exposing that ur claims jave severe K - leg grin grin lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Is Greater Between Grace And Mercy / Prayer Points For All Believers For The Year 2013 / This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.