Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) (3562 Views)

I Need Mature Advice / Some Girls Are Liars And I Caught One Red-handed Today!! / How A Mature Man Couldn't Control His Urge Even In BRT Standing Queue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by kaynik(f): 6:37pm On May 28, 2012
I hate to generalize but I find myself stereotyping cos of the hurt I have been through. I have known this guy for almost 10 years. We started a serious relationship beginning of 2008 and he left the country at the end of that very year. We found our selves in a long distance relationship, something I hated and had told him before he traveled. In 2010 we got engaged and later that year we did our introduction. The distance continued and I also had to leave the country. Now that he was my fiance, things were worse between us.Last year, he insulted and abused me emotionally. He kept accusing me of cheating. One day he wanted to show that he cared and was not really abusing me, so he sent a chat between him and his friend. Unfortunately for him, he copied and pasted the wrong part of the chat as the cat he sent revealed that he was cheating on me with women. He begged and begged and i didnt listen. Not because he cheated but because he was cheating and was also abusive. Please anyone reading his should take note, any man or woman who keeps accusing you of cheating without any proof is actually cheating. Its what they call projecting in psychiatry.
Well, 2012 came and I stupidly forgave him. he promised never to insult me again and he was true to his promise. He also added that he had broken off with the girl. Just yesterday a lady got in touch with and revealed that this my fiance has been dating her since 2008. I always sensed it but this guy kept lying for four straight years. He is manipulative and smooth. Besides the cheating, he has put me through hell.
Now the problem is I can never forgive him but we are planning our wedding. We are supposed to go for counselling next week. I know I have to cancel the marriage counselling but what next. I loved him at some point and I wasted my life with him as i am not young. I have heard stories like this before but I never knew this evil man can be like that. He has also wasted the time of the girl he was cheating on me with as she isnt young too.
How can he get punished, how do I announce to the family what this man has done. am confused and disappointed. please help.

1 Like

Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by bashr8: 6:59pm On May 28, 2012
i begged u to marry me instead u refused, i knew that ur fiancee is up to no good , i actually know him personally
Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by 190: 7:05pm On May 28, 2012
Me too -

Remember OP when I asked u 2 marry me and u threw d ring back in my face
Now see what's happened 2 u
Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by Saraha1(f): 7:08pm On May 28, 2012
Dnt marry him out of pity or what will people say,marry him for love sake.
Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by SupaMan4live(m): 7:10pm On May 28, 2012
Well, My sister, I sincerely feel for you but one thing you must understand is that in a relationship trust is very important without it your marriage will be a miserable one. you should not feel bed. Like Lat Pastor Bimbo usually say "A broken courtship is better than a broken Marriage. Just forget about the guy and prepare yourself for a new relationship. Love is a decision. Your Prince maybe waiting for you. Be happy, excited and prayerfully enter the next relationship.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by slimyem: 7:15pm On May 28, 2012
thank God you know what to do by cancelling the marriage..
If he begs you again and you accept,it means you are prepared to enter into a totally miserable marriage forever.
Let both his family and yours understand your reasons for calling off the wedding and let no one try to confuse or convince your otherwise.
Stand your ground!
Its better to remain single than knowing ly enter into that kind of doomed marriage.
All the best as you make your decisions!

2 Likes

Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by richy5(m): 7:32pm On May 28, 2012
Let me think of what to say....brb
Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by cowgurl: 7:38pm On May 28, 2012
Well, good thing you know what to do next and I stand by you 101%. Though difficult it would be for you but it's for the BEST alright and I know you gonna pull through it all with your head held up high. Now, discuss with your folks what you've found out and let them take it up with your fiance's people, you should be left out of this.
Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by bobonkiti101(m): 7:59pm On May 28, 2012
@op-its nice u knw wat 2 do..but you hv 2 weigh d odds here....
1,..u aint getting any younger.
2,..as mst men, jst lyk ladies 2, who r not yet married keep atleast 2 galfriends,d nxt guy u ll meet myt b worse or beta.
3,...a bird @ hand is worth two in the bush..hence,d devil u knw is way beta dan d angel u dnt knw..try d counseling atleast b4 u tk a decision.
4,...dnt mind people dat r teling u 2 quit wtout due evaluation..its easier said than done..nobdy ll ever knw hw it feels or pains mre than you..
5....u really need 2 talk wt ur fiance..(serious talk).
6...lastly,its sad dat al these r happening 2 u.u ll need alot of prayer k.its a life changing decision u r abt to take.
Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by emooo(m): 8:10pm On May 28, 2012
Jst pray nd leve everythng 2 God he wil lead u 2ru
Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by kaynik(f): 8:22pm On May 28, 2012
Thanks a lot, your comments have really helped. He has apologised severally and seems sincere. Like bobonkiti101 and emooo have said, prayer is the best thing to do in this situation.
Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by ijebabe: 8:26pm On May 28, 2012
I feel you pain and hope for the best for you. Instead of wallowing in self pity you need to pick urself up and start handling matters. You know how you feel inside so nobody can decide for you. I guess the distance must have gotten to him and he went into this relationship with the woman for the sex. I really don't know but cheats are very hard to please and they will cheat again, only more cleverly (unless the person is really sincere in changing his ways). Ask yourself, what is the point in getting married to a man just because you feel you are getting old only to hate every moment of ur time with him? There is obviously no more trust even if you decide to forgive him and marry him as you will start monitoring his every move. Is that how a marriage should be? Do you feel so insecure that you think no man will want you at your age? Please let your immediate family in on what is happening but only after you have decided in ur heart what to do because there will definitely be more drama from their side! Pray about this as well cos you need it. X
Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by freecocoa(f): 8:27pm On May 28, 2012
OP its a good thing you are thinking about canceling the wedding.

Don't let no one talk you into marrying someone you'll be miserable with,a cancelled weeding is better than a failed marriage.
Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by programmer2: 8:28pm On May 28, 2012
all men are not the same some time if the guy is not a liar the gal will be or both; but my advice to u is that in life one need to sacrifies for someone just keep loving him a pray he change or u take him like that oh my dear
Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by Orikinla(m): 8:44pm On May 28, 2012
Only insecure men tell lies.

Not one of us below,

Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by freecocoa(f): 8:57pm On May 28, 2012
^Are they your sons?

Wow you really are old cheesy.
Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by slimyem: 9:02pm On May 28, 2012
kaynik: Thanks a lot, your comments have really helped. He has apologised severally and seems sincere. Like bobonkiti101 and emooo have said, prayer is the best thing to do in this situation.
...this sure seems like you haven't learnt your lesson yet..
Smh!
Na you sabi jor!cheesy
Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by KevinII(m): 9:17pm On May 28, 2012
slimyem: ...this sure seems like you haven't learnt your lesson yet..
Smh!
Na you sabi jor!cheesy

why u dey para? She say she wan wed, which one come be your own?
OP, go on jor, nothing dey happen. You fit send me the wedding IV. I shall be there IJN!
Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by slimyem: 9:20pm On May 28, 2012
Kevin_II:

why u dey para? She say she wan wed, which one come be your own?
OP, go on jor, nothing dey happen. You fit send me the wedding IV. I shall be there IJN!
which one be para?
The cellotape wey dey your eye nor let you see where i talk say 'na she sabi' ehn?
Abeg,clear make i see road jor!
Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by KevinII(m): 9:33pm On May 28, 2012
^^^ e be like say shiit dey worry you after eating six wraps of fufu. oya go shiit u go feel better embarassed
Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by KINGwax(m): 9:40pm On May 28, 2012
kaynik: Thanks a lot, your comments have really helped. He has apologised severally and seems sincere. Like bobonkiti101 and emooo have said, prayer is the best thing to do in this situation.
listen, forget advice on nairaland, it won't work cos first, it's full of kids, second, it's full of embittered beings who will want u bitter and join their deranged club.
Knw ds facts,
1. He had choices but chose u, why?
2. He must have fuccked every holes in you, shldnt he be tired already? Why still engaged wit u? I'm thinkin he shld want more adventures!
3. If somethin is dare to u, u protect it any which ways. But d way we do it are different. He being abusive is nothin but his was of being jealous which i don't support anyway but learn to make him come in a better way.
4. He loves u, dnt doubt it. You're all he wanted. He wldnt be tryin to hide and lie if he doesn't give a fucck abt wot u care anyway, so, ds is d way out...
1. Tell him you're not gonna continue wit d wedding. Infact, tell his parents. Let it last for like 4days, gettin serious abt it. Wait till d invitation is printed and distributed. That will destroy him, but have it in mind dt they'll beg u and you must listen dishing out your terms and condition..
2. If he won't change, tell them you're gonna file for divorce, no matter what!
But u knw d danger in ds plan? If he's my type which is odd, he'll swiftly tell u to go to hell and fucck d invitation cards. But i pray he won't.
You need honest advice? Reach me on hoodedproperty2@gmail.com. I'll advice your end!
Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by Mynd44: 10:32pm On May 28, 2012
This thread annoys me and I dare say the OP deserves what she got. A guy you are dating is abusive emotionally and you did not walk, he does not trust you you stayed and then you finally got prove that he cheated and you still took him back. What's wrong with people these days? Are we so desperate not to be alone that we continue to stick with animals.
I yaken is simple. Don't take crap from any guy if he gets abusive walk he gets disrespectful walk your life is not about him but you

1 Like

Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by slimyem: 10:56pm On May 28, 2012
Kevin_II: ^^^ e be like say shiit dey worry you after eating six wraps of fufu. oya go shiit u go feel better embarassed
you dey craze ni?
Next time,open your eye wella before you go dey jump anyhow!cheesycheesy
duh!tonguetongue
Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by Mynd44: 10:58pm On May 28, 2012
slimyem: you dey craze ni?
Next time,open your eye wella before you go dey jump anyhow!cheesycheesy
duh!tonguetongue
Lol
Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by kaynik(f): 12:36am On May 29, 2012
Thanks everyone. @mynd 44, your advice is one I always tell ladies. I don't believe in sticking around a guy who is abusive physically and emotionally. The emotional abuse occurred last year and it is the reason I didn't get married then. I saw he was sober and had seemingly changed. Now its another problem I cant deal with, cheating.
Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by Mynd44: 7:05am On May 29, 2012
kaynik: Thanks everyone. @mynd 44, your advice is one I always tell ladies. I don't believe in sticking around a guy who is abusive physically and emotionally. The emotional abuse occurred last year and it is the reason I didn't get married then. I saw he was sober and had seemingly changed. Now its another problem I cant deal with, cheating.
Sober and seemingly changed? That is just an excuse people give for being too weak to move on with their lives

1 Like

Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by hawtin: 7:09am On May 29, 2012
kaynik: I hate to generalize but I find myself stereotyping cos of the hurt I have been through. I have known this guy for almost 10 years. We started a serious relationship beginning of 2008 and he left the country at the end of that very year. We found our selves in a long distance relationship, something I hated and had told him before he traveled. In 2010 we got engaged and later that year we did our introduction. The distance continued and I also had to leave the country. Now that he was my fiance, things were worse between us.Last year, he insulted and abused me emotionally. He kept accusing me of cheating. One day he wanted to show that he cared and was not really abusing me, so he sent a chat between him and his friend. Unfortunately for him, he copied and pasted the wrong part of the chat as the cat he sent revealed that he was cheating on me with women. He begged and begged and i didnt listen. Not because he cheated but because he was cheating and was also abusive. Please anyone reading his should take note, any man or woman who keeps accusing you of cheating without any proof is actually cheating. Its what they call projecting in psychiatry.
Well, 2012 came and I stupidly forgave him. he promised never to insult me again and he was true to his promise. He also added that he had broken off with the girl. Just yesterday a lady got in touch with and revealed that this my fiance has been dating her since 2008. I always sensed it but this guy kept lying for four straight years. He is manipulative and smooth. Besides the cheating, he has put me through hell.
Now the problem is I can never forgive him but we are planning our wedding. We are supposed to go for counselling next week. I know I have to cancel the marriage counselling but what next. I loved him at some point and I wasted my life with him as i am not young. I have heard stories like this before but I never knew this evil man can be like that. He has also wasted the time of the girl he was cheating on me with as she isnt young too.
How can he get punished, how do I announce to the family what this man has done. am confused and disappointed. please help.

your title has concluded
what other input(s)do you need?
i can take you to mama put or buka if it would help
how many wrap of fufu can you alone it without assistance
i don't like wastage,
even the bible warns against it
Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by cowgurl: 8:19am On May 29, 2012
I hope you ignored that deranged male infant chauvinist up there Kaynik.
You forgave his sorry arse once or so and what happened? Did he change?
He's insultive+emotionally abusive+a cheat+a liar=HE'S HELL.
My dear, take a walk cos truly it's not about him but about YOU.
Ladies really need to start waking up from their slumbers!

1 Like

Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by hawtin: 8:21am On May 29, 2012
cowgurl: I hope you ignored that deranged infant chauvinist up there. You forgave his sorry arse once or so and what happened? Did he change? He's insultive+emotional abusive+a cheat+a liar=HE'S HELL. My dear, take a walk cos trully it's not about him but about YOU. Ladies really need to start waking up from their slumbers!

i honestly hope this was not targeted at me?
Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by queensmith: 8:23am On May 29, 2012
Reason why you should have listened to your inner voice, it's there for a reason.

Are you abroad now? Because there are more than plenty of men who will not lie to you and treat you like rubbish.
Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by Onegai(f): 8:27am On May 29, 2012
I'll give you the advice I wished I gave my sister and my best friend.
"People don't change unless they want to. So accept what you see now as the truth and if a man shows you himself, believe him"
My sis dated her hubby 7 years and has been married 13 yrs, my bestie dated her hubby 1 year and has been married 2yrs. Both cases like yours.
Both men are still cheating and dealing with their wives and sleeping well at night whilst their wives cry. How your fiance treats you is NOT because of you, it's because of his own issues and until he works on himself, not cry and beg, he WILL NOT change. I promise you that's the truth. So be praying to God to give you strength and wisdom to do the right thing. Remember, this is a man who dated another girl for 4 yrs while proposing to you, you think men and women can keep the same person as backup for so long without feelings, you think it was just sex that kept him there?! because my bestie's hubby did the same, and after marriage, he went back to that chick and that one bounced him, and he missed her, so he went onto to several more chicks. And he gave my bestie an STD (and she was a virgin when dem marry,but fear say she dey get old, so...). Be afraid for yourself and be wise.
Re: Men Are Liars Indeed, Please I Need Mature Input(s) by queensmith: 8:33am On May 29, 2012
Onegai: I'll give you the advice I wished I gave my sister and my best friend.
"People don't change unless they want to. So accept what you see now as the truth and if a man shows you himself, believe him"
My sis dated her hubby 7 years and has been married 13 yrs, my bestie dated her hubby 1 year and has been married 2yrs. Both cases like yours.
Both men are still cheating and dealing with their wives and sleeping well at night whilst their wives cry. How your fiance treats you is NOT because of you, it's because of his own issues and until he works on himself, not cry and beg, he WILL NOT change. I promise you that's the truth. So be praying to God to give you strength and wisdom to do the right thing. Remember, this is a man who dated another girl for 4 yrs while proposing to you, you think men and women can keep the same person as backup for so long without feelings, you think it was just sex that kept him there?! because my bestie's hubby did the same, and after marriage, he went back to that chick and that one bounced him, and he missed her, so he went onto to several more chicks. And he gave my bestie an STD (and she was a virgin when dem marry,but fear say she dey get old, so...). Be afraid for yourself and be wise.

Why are women soo desperate in this day and age, this is a very sad story.

Even having 'back up' isn't justifiable unless you agree to an open relationship. Men being just as insecure as these women will NEVER agree to that. People are ridiculous to subject themselves to nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies, Can You Marry Denrele(pictures Included) / 5 Reasons Why You Should Have An Opposite Sex Bestie / How To Avoid Being Raped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.