Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

So They Never Really Loved MKO - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So They Never Really Loved MKO (17634 Views)

MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government / Mubashiru Abiola Is Dead (MKO Abiola's Younger Brother) / MKO Abiola: How He Died - Dr Ore Falomo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by Beaf: 3:54pm On May 30, 2012
[size=20pt]...And so was MKO unloved and his name spat on![/size] embarassed
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by edicolove: 3:55pm On May 30, 2012
RoadStar:
So you've answered the question, no one really loves MKO ...

God bless you sir! You have made my day. The Kobojunkies of this world are double speaks. They are a new breed of hypocrites. They have laid their hearts bare today for the whole nation to see. Mustafa is laughing in his prison cell and saying, I told them so. And they think the other geo politico zones will take them seriously after this. A kingsdom divided against itself. The Abiolas have already released a statement and you have to really weep for them. Kola himself said it that his father died for nothing.

And hear Kobojunkie's argument; he said June 12 has nothing to do with Abiola. Can you imagine that level of idiocy! It is alarming. Like saying Mandela has nothing to do with south African independence. I am beginning to think this kobo guy is less than 20 yrs old. A real dolt! He even compared Abiola to Orji Uzor Kalu. What an irredeemable idioti.c Arrow! I am just waiting to hear Al Mustafa's comment. Gonna be interesting.
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by Guyman02: 3:57pm On May 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Na lie! If MIT got renamed Albert Einstein Institute of Technology, I bet you would get little resistance. This is about the quality of the new name and not the renaming per se.

Albert Einstein yes i agree because he was an academician, I would have prefered renaming UNILAG as Wole Soyinka University. Why not rename Eagle Square Abuja where PDP normally holds their convention and presidential primaries as Mashood Abiola Square since we are talking about democracy here and live out academic institutions.
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by icez: 3:57pm On May 30, 2012
wink

edicolove:

God bless you sir! You have made my day. The Kobojunkies of this world are double speaks. They are a new breed of hypocrites. They have laid their hearts bare today for the whole nation to see. Mustafa is laughing in his prison cell and saying, I told them so. And they think the other geo politico zones will take them seriously after this. A kingsdom divided against itself. The Abiolas have already released a statement and you have to really weep for them. Kola himself said it that his father died for nothing.

And hear Kobojunkie's argument; he said June 12 has nothing to do with Abiola. Can you imagine that level of idiocy! It is alarming. Like saying Mandela has nothing to do with south African independence. I am beginning to think this kobo guy is less than 20 yrs old. A real dolt! He even compared Abiola to Orji Uzor Kalu. What an irredeemable idioti.c Arrow! I am just waiting to hear Al Mustafa's comment. Gonna be interesting.
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 30, 2012
edicolove:

dont be hard on KOBO-EMPTY.

blame his history teachers and google that sometimes mislead feeble and weak minds of kids like him.
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by icez: 4:00pm On May 30, 2012
cryMKO
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by Reference(m): 4:05pm On May 30, 2012
icez: Why is there no love for MKO

I mean I am totally flabbergasted. Can you imagine how people are queuing up to rubbish the man that made it possible for them to even speak up, in his own constituency for that matter. There are some things that just defy reason. This is indeed a strange reason. Selfishness and expediency no go kill us sha.

1 Like

Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by icez: 4:08pm On May 30, 2012
Reference:

I mean I am totally flabbergasted. Can you imagine how people are queuing up to rubbish the man that made it possible for them to even speak up, in his own constituency for that matter. There are some things that just defy reason. This is indeed a strange reason. Selfishness and expediency no go kill us sha.

Very strange indeed.
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by ifeci: 4:10pm On May 30, 2012
...And so was MKO unloved and his name spat on!

what an empty statement!

Pls stop relating the present event with what mustafa said! this is not a tribal thing and students protesting are all not yorubas! its amazing how some people try to steal the moment and show their ethnic bigotry! this is something that almost everyone who has been to lag knows that it just doesn't make sense!

1 Like

Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On May 30, 2012
Reference:

No one of queuing up to rubbish the man. He was not a saint and should not be made so even now that he is long gone. Let the truth be told and let those who live subscribe to it, rather than the stupid lies that have brought us nothing but misery from the same old batch of men we like to call leaders.
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by icez: 4:13pm On May 30, 2012
Really. undecided undecided undecided undecided

Kobojunkie:

No one of queuing up to rubbish the man. He was not a saint and should not be made so even now that he is long gone. Let the truth be told and let those who live subscribe to it, rather than the stupid lies that have brought us nothing but misery from the same old batch of men we like to call leaders.
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by dayokanu(m): 4:13pm On May 30, 2012
kasperone8:
Hmmmm papabrowne,when did South westerners start having the same meaning as residents of the south western region? shocked

Leave papabrowne let him continue making a fool of himself

So whenever we say Northerners that means we might be referring to GEJonathan because he also resides in the North

And when we say SWesterners that also includes Dangote and those Lebanese who reside in Lagos
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by Kobojunkie: 4:17pm On May 30, 2012
edicolove:

Typical Nigerian .. . attack the messenger and not the message.

Sorry, but what happened June 12th happened because IBB annulled an election the people termed "freest and fairest". Note that the election was not free and fair because of Abiola, but because Nigerians decided to make a decision for themselves on that day.

Many of those who rioted in the North, and in the East, and the South West, did so, not because they were Abiola Sycophants but because they were mad at the Government for ruling against the right of the people to choose.

If you have a problem with what I typed above, provide evidence to counter it. Attacking me only goes to bolster my point, and show you are likely just another "I go regurgitate wetin dem feed me" Nigerian. lipsrsealed
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 30, 2012
This is not the best way to immortalise Abiola. Unilag has a brand, legacy and it's identity and you don't change that overnight. This is a 50 year legacy we are talking about. I believe Abiola is a national hero that should be honoured but not by renaming a university after him. Anybody in marketing will tell you the brand itself has a value (though intangible) that the fisherman president has just destroyed.

On Abiola being a national hero, he certainly was. He was not a perfect man, no one is and he had his sins but his death lead to the clamour for democracy. Even Mandela and George Washington had done some of the worst things but they are still revered in their countries. Let's face it, this man paid the ultimate price for Nigerian democracy. A price none of you can pay.

A better way to honour Abiola will be
1. Declare he won the June 12 elections. That is still yet to be done after 19 years.
2. Declare he was president from June 12 1993 to August 25 1993 when Shonekan took over or come up with some timeframe. But it should be in our history that he was president.
3. The main characters in the annulment are still alive. Why not ask them to explain. I mean IBB, Humprey Nwosu, Babagana Kingibe and Arthur Nzeribe

I believe these are better ways of honouring Abiola rather than naming Unilag after him

1 Like

Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by OK2NV4: 4:17pm On May 30, 2012
[size=30pt]Yorubish at it again.[/size]
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by Guyman02: 4:19pm On May 30, 2012
Rename Eagles Square Abuja after Abiola thats where political parties hold their conventions and inauguration of Presidents and Vice since this democracy. UNILAG as a brand name should not be used to score cheap political points
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by OK2NV4: 4:21pm On May 30, 2012
Nashville: This is not the best way to immortalise Abiola. Unilag has a brand, legacy and it's identity and you don't change that overnight. This is a 50 year legacy we are talking about. I believe Abiola is a national hero that should be honoured but not by renaming a university after him. Anybody in marketing will tell you the brand itself has a value (though intangible) that the fisherman president has just destroyed.

I believe these are better ways of honouring Abiola rather than naming Unilag after him
Yes, you are right. The Man deserves a better institution named after him rather than that areaboy, ashy producing university.
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by icez: 4:24pm On May 30, 2012
undecided undecided undecided undecided

Guyman02: Rename Eagles Square Abuja after Abiola[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font], thats where parties hold their conventions and inauguration of Presidents and Vice since this democracy. UNILAG as a brand name should not be used to score cheap political points
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by OK2NV4: 4:25pm On May 30, 2012
I remember when Gani took on Tinibu with regards to the chicago scandal. LASU students openly protested in Tinibu's favor.

Yoruba pple have lost the initiative. Thats why they are no where relevant in the scheme of things and power.
They claim they are in control of corporate Nigeria, but with a stroke of the pen, Sanusi demolished all they built.
The worst is yet to come.
moral of this is:
Seek first Power and everything else will be bestowed on you
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by blasterman(m): 4:25pm On May 30, 2012
Ask Fela he will tell you about abiola. Abiola and Arthur nzeribe are birds of the same father both capitalist. Ok abiola was a a philatropist but he was not in the same league as Awo, gani that name mau will never stand cos if gej doesn't change it. No vote for him next election simples.
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by icez: 4:27pm On May 30, 2012
blasterman: Ask Fela he will tell you about abiola. Abiola and Arthur nzeribe are birds of the same father both capitalist. Ok abiola was a a philatropist but he was not in the same league as Awo, gani that name mau will never stand cos if gej doesn't change it. No vote for him next election simples.

He does not need your vote.
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by collins2gee(m): 4:29pm On May 30, 2012
adolfe bad:

Even your grand father cannot claim to know more about the politics of Abiola than ADOLFE does.
[/b]I have told you to forget about whatever transpired between MKO and IBB.
[b]Everyone cuts one corner or the other
and I'm not sitting here to discuss with you about tales of conspiracy and betrayal.
I'm discussing the life of a HERO.
I'm showing you the reason MKO is a proclaimed hero.

I will give you an assignment now LIKE your teachers do.
Search through the history of Nigeria back and forth, from cover to cover and name any PHILANTROPIST like MKO you find.
He funded over 60 secondary schools, built over 100 mosques and churches in the nation, has over 150 traditional titles bestowed on him from different communities all over the country, he built libraries, his boreholes provided free water for tons of people.
HE gave money to people in need resiliently like free wine,
or have you forgotten so soon that ABIOLA bookshop he built where people who could not buy a book could go and get for free?

HE probably touched more people in his lifetime than a combination of you and your grand father(pls no offense) has done.

And you wonder why people rallied round and supported him in mass?
You wonder where that CHARISMA came from that even village people loved and wanted him?

Listen here GANJA-JUNKIE. . .

If there is any HERO you want in times like this, who would touch so many lives directly, he is someone LIKE MKO ABIOLA.
A PHILANTROPIST passionate to just keep helping and helping people.
He is more than a HERO.

Most of the peeps on here never knew the man hence the disgraceful investives being hurled at him over this issue. Well, as far as selflessness, magnanimity, kindness and philantropy ( to ALL SECTORS, including education ) goes, it would be HARD, maybe IMPOSSIBLE, to find another like M.K.O Abiola ! To me, the ruckus ought to be whether the school deserves to be named after him.

Look at it. This is a school that isnt among the top 1000 Universities in the world. Gimme a break fellas ! UNILAG has been seriously over-rated. It is just one of the usual ill-equipped, poorly funded schools that we have all over Nigeria. I wish these students would direct their energies towards agitating for a better, well-funded standard university rather than taking to the streets over a trivial issue as name-change. If GEJ slashes the FG's subvention of the school today, the average Unilag student wouldnt give a Rat's Arse O ! Nonsense ! Even Aristo babes carry the mata for head like government work ! Mcheww !!

On the manner through which the name was changed. Look, we all know that in our peculiar home-grown democracy, the government usually shoots and asks questions later. So, give it a rest. It's never going to change, una hear ?

M.K.O Abiola was no saint. And the last time I checked, I didnt see no Halos suspended over the heads of the average Joe(s) walking down the streets of Lagos, Kaduna, Enugu or any other Nigerian city. Warts and all, I want to give mad props to MKO Abiola. I think the man deserves better than this. If he were alive, Nigeria would have been a much better place. I am 100% sure one or two dissing NL members or their families would have benefitted from his kindness.

If M.K.O Abiola were alive today, I fit bet my BALLS that HE WOULD HAVE BUILT more than one TUITION-FREE UNIVERSITY for the poor and indigent. While he was alive, he used to pay the school fees of THOUSANDS of poor students. I really weep for the great disservice being done by Nigerians to the memory of one of the greatest Nigerians that ever lived just because of this small issue !
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by OK2NV4: 4:30pm On May 30, 2012
blasterman: Ask Fela he will tell you about abiola. Abiola and Arthur nzeribe are birds of the same father both capitalist. Ok abiola was a a philatropist but he was not in the same league as Awo, gani that name mau will never stand cos if gej doesn't change it. No vote for him next election simples.

[size=20pt]Back in the 90's, I went to shrine at least twice a month. You will hardly see your average yoruba guy in shrine. Shrine attendees where mostly pple from Edo/Delta, Ibos, foreigners.
Yorubas distanced themselves from him until his death.
Area boys that never set foot in Fela's shrine took over his funeral and r@ped women and stole from fans that had come from all over the world.[/size]
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by OK2NV4: 4:32pm On May 30, 2012
[size=30pt]another reason Nigeria needs to divide.
Yorubish are total nonsense.
When you form your Odua Republic enjoy your Tinubi Dynasty.
Goats![/size]
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by icez: 4:34pm On May 30, 2012
wink

collins2gee:

Most of the peeps on here never knew the man hence the disgraceful investives being hurled at him over this issue. Well, as far as selflessness, magnanimity, kindness and philantropy ( to ALL SECTORS, including education ) goes, it would be HARD, maybe IMPOSSIBLE, to find another like M.K.O Abiola ! To me, the ruckus ought to be whether the school deserves to be named after him.

Look at it. This is a school that isnt among the top 1000 Universities in the world. Gimme a break fellas ! UNILAG has been seriously over-rated. It is just one of the usual ill-equipped, poorly funded schools that we have all over Nigeria. I wish these students would direct their energies towards agitating for a better, well-funded standard university rather than taking to the streets over a trivial issue as name-change. If GEJ slashes the FG's subvention of the school today, the average Unilag student wouldnt give a Rat's Arse O ! Nonsense ! Even Aristo babes carry the mata for head like government work ! Mcheww !!

On the manner through which the name was changed. Look, we all know that in our peculiar home-grown democracy, the government usually shoots and asks questions later. So, give it a rest. It's never going to change, una hear ?

M.K.O Abiola was no saint. And the last time I checked, I didnt see no Halos suspended over the heads of the average Joe(s) walking down the streets of Lagos, Kaduna, Enugu or any other Nigerian city. Warts and all, I want to give mad props to the Abiola. I think the man deserves better than this. If he were alive, Nigeria would have been a much better place. I am 100% sure one or two NL members or their families would have benefitted from his kindness.

If M.K.O Abiola were alive today, I fit bet my BALLS that HE WOULD HAVE BUILT more than one TUITION-FREE UNIVERSITY for the poor and indigent. While he was alive, he used to pay the school fees of THOUSANDS of poor students. I really weep for the great disservice being done by Nigerians to the memory of one of the greatest Nigerians that ever lived just because of this small issue !

Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by blasterman(m): 4:44pm On May 30, 2012
And to add this sekpe president wey get just dey do any how. He can rename Nigeria into abiola
One day maybe he is hoping for a UNi after himself in return. Most of the idiots esp OK watever talking never went to unilag so wetin concern dem. They don't just change name of UNi like dat see Oxford havard Cambridge MIT they have existed for years no leade woke up and said I want to change it to Winston churchill UNi or mgaraet thatcher uni or Mao uni. U preserve the name
For tradition and because it is a brand. Lagos as a city deserves to have a university named after itself it doesn't need any politicians name attached to it no matter how unfortunate he was to be symbol of miltary oppression. This GEJ is a calamity to himself and a joke of a president he hasn't achevied any of the objectives he set out to achieve. Forking fool
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by Obijulius: 4:47pm On May 30, 2012
Is lagos yorubaland? What is this thing about Awori?
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by blasterman(m): 4:49pm On May 30, 2012
OK idiot so u went to shrine in the 90s clap for urself and asking everybody which tribe u are from. Shows ur level of intellect if u didn't go to unilag I think u shd just keep quiet
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by PhysicsQED(m): 4:51pm On May 30, 2012
Neither Papabrowne nor Beaf is Igbo. People should look through their past posts and think a bit harder before perpetuating faulty claims. I agree that Papabrowne does seem a bit biased against Yorubas, but that's not somehow synonymous with being Igbo.

@ Gbawe you said
Aside the stupidity of arrogating intellect/economic importance horribly wrongly ("Bendelites" ) and obviously deliberately denying it wrongly also (inane and deliberate failure to mention the Yorubas),
Yes, Papabrowne may be deliberately denying or downplaying Yoruba intellectual or economic achievement, but how do you know he's arrogating such achievement 'horribly wrongly' to so called 'Bendelites'? Or do you know more about 'Bendelites' than him?
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by OK2NV4: 4:52pm On May 30, 2012
blasterman: OK idiot so u went to shrine in the 90s clap for urself and asking everybody which tribe u are from. Shows ur level of intellect if u didn't go to unilag I think u shd just keep quiet
You mean MAU, Lagos.
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by edicolove: 4:54pm On May 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Typical Nigerian .. . attack the messenger and not the message.

Sorry, but what happened June 12th happened because IBB annulled an election the people termed "freest and fairest". Note that the election was not free and fair because of Abiola, but because Nigerians decided to make a decision for themselves on that day.

Many of those who rioted in the North, and in the East, and the South West, did so, not because they were Abiola Sycophants but because they were mad at the Government for ruling against the right of the people to choose.

If you have a problem with what I typed above, provide evidence to counter it. Attacking me only goes to bolster my point, and show you are likely just another "I go regurgitate wetin dem feed me" Nigerian. lipsrsealed

See you running from pillar to post trying to defend the indefensible after you s.hi.t for church use bible clean yans.h! I have already bookmarked this page. Ridiculing the name of Abiola like you are a saint. Like all the freedom fighters the world has ever seen were saints. Trying to explain away Abiola'a role in June 12.

Hear yourself "Note that the election was not free and fair because of Abiola, but because Nigerians decided to make a decision for themselves on that day. " So who or what inspired them to make that decision? Your primary 3 teacher will not be proud of you at all. You have let him/her down with your IQ of -21. Have you ever seen a struggle that didn't have someone as a symbol? You think Nigerians would have taking that election serious and turned out en masse if it was Umaro Dikko or Shonekan that contested?

You are not doing yourself any favours here. Grow up. It is very foolish to attack MKO in Nigeria even if you don't like him.
Re: So They Never Really Loved MKO by AWD(m): 5:02pm On May 30, 2012
The poster has been shallow enuf to think every one in ex-UNILAG is yoruba.
Besides the ignorant kids running around and causing confusssion are a bunch of mindless, irrational and mis-oriented cross section of our modern day Nigerian BB & Brazilian hair youth.
They are conceptual and shallow in intelligence and reasoning. Else why should any intelligent knowledge seeking student be so troubled about a name change (not like i think the change of name is neccessary sef) whrn ther are more pressing concerns like standard of education, curiculum and facilities to riot about.

RABBISH OSHI

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Sheriff Dissociates Self From Congratulatory Message To Makarfi / Paul Orhii Survives Accident On Lafia-Abuja Road After Attending Wedding. Photos / Again, Facebook Blocks IPOB's New Page/Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.