Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? (129182 Views)

To Women: If You Can't Control Your Mouth Don't Marry! / How Do U Refer To Ur Childs Genital Organ When You Talk To Them. / How Do You Deal With Your Childs Poor Grades (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 03, 2008
my mom does that to her baby!!! it's so gross lipsrsealed lipsrsealed i usually just walk away when she does it. . .

maybe. , just maybe i'll do it, because sometimes when their nose is so stuffy and they can't breath, that's the only thing you can do, at that point undecided
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by TheSly: 7:36pm On Apr 03, 2008
Damn! embarassed undecided
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by TOYOSI20(f): 9:00pm On Apr 03, 2008
@ Topic,

I believe they have portable suction devices now for babies

that u insert into their nostrils when they have nasal congetion and then it clears it all out.

which makes it a lot easier. embarassed
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by tpia: 9:01pm On Apr 03, 2008
well, if its to save the child's life you have to do what you have to do. Mouth to mouth rescuscitation isnt always a walk in the park either.

But in general, mentholatum, robb or vicks will clear the nose pretty well, I think. There are also bulb syringes for the job, as someone said.

But as was also pointed out, if someone gets or has ever gotten a bj, then he/she's not really in a position to complain about this kind of thing. I think that's a logical way to look at it. cool
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by winnteam(m): 9:55pm On Apr 03, 2008
Why are you guys all pretending?

I sincerely do not think there is any grown up who had a granny when growing up did not experience it.

I remember my granny doing it to my younger cousines and in recent times my wife and my mother-inlaw doing it to my lovely daughter.

I remember the days she would practically need help breathing. Whta would you do if your child had such a challenge?

Morever those suction bulbs do not work. We had loads of them then.

Let's be real!
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by tpia: 10:51pm On Apr 03, 2008
@winnteam:  everyone is not pretending.

Some people ( including myself) have never seen it done in real life, but only heard of it or seen it in pictures. The first time I remember ever hearing about this kind of thing was when I read The beautyful Ones are not yet Born, as a teenager.

believe it or not.

Besides, outside Nigeria or Africa, this practice would seem kind of weird. cool

1 Like

Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by winnteam(m): 10:54pm On Apr 03, 2008
@tpia
Well said. Just as some of the west have their wierd culture and practices.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Arielle: 11:29pm On Apr 03, 2008
No biggie! Sucked out mucus several times for my two, especially when they were babies. Babies and toddlers cannot blow their noses, so if you don't want to watch your child suffocate or choke, you do it without thinking. So I suck and spit out, until the nose is clear of mucus. My husband usually cringes in the corner!! The mucus is actually the least of it. I've been covered with poo more times than I can count. Once, it shot out straight from my colicky, gassy baby right into my face. The joys of motherhood! What can we say!

2 Likes

Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by tpia: 1:03am On Apr 04, 2008
winnteam:

@tpia
Well said. Just as some of the west have their wierd culture and practices.

true. cool grin

Arielle:

No biggie! Sucked out mucus several times for my two, especially when they were babies. Babies and toddlers cannot blow their noses, so if you don't want to watch your child suffocate or choke, you do it without thinking. So I suck and spit out, until the nose is clear of mucus. My husband usually cringes in the corner!! The mucus is actually the least of it. I've been covered with poo more times than I can count. Once, it shot out straight from my colicky, gassy baby right into my face. The joys of motherhood! What can we say!

also true about the colicky, gassy and poopoo stuff.  Anyone involved in child care can testify to that. grin

Including babysitters oh grin
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Stanozcom(m): 8:51am On Apr 04, 2008
D-reloaded,
That's not nice!
smiley
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Dreloaded(f): 2:27pm On Apr 04, 2008
re: this gross topic. He/She has a father for a reason

Stanoz.com:

D-reloaded,
That's not nice!
smiley

Um what are you talking about?
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by jkpretty(f): 4:45pm On Apr 04, 2008
Yes i will, even to do worse, i will. If i can take the pain of giving birth to them. I'll do everything to make them survive. Sucking mucus? i wouldn't even think twice before i do it. cheesy
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 04, 2008
naa. . . just let the child become a vegetable cause you can't put up with three minutes of gross
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 04, 2008
Yes I can---I did it for my brother.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by spoilt(f): 2:41am On Apr 11, 2008
I always use cotton buds or a nose pump to clean out my baby's nose. One day my husband said "give her to me". he proceeded to suck out every drop. Yikes!! I was so shocked that you could have knocked me down with a feather! shocked
My husband is high maintenance and all aje butter i was shocked he did that. At the same time it scored him brownie points big time. He saw me gaping and he said 'she's mine, isnt she ? ". omigosh! grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Dreloaded(f): 2:46am On Apr 11, 2008
Did he give you a big boogery kiss right after?

Lmao grin
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by ayinba1(f): 4:29pm On Apr 12, 2008
Before I had kids, I thought it was real gross but when I started having kids, no one asked me to. I did it with pleasure wink
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by tpia: 6:38pm On Apr 12, 2008
are people equating sucking mucus out of their child's nose with showing love?

if there are other ways to remove mucus from the nose, why stick to only this one?

Am just wondering.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by algood(f): 7:15pm On Apr 12, 2008
ayinba1:

Before I had kids, I thought it was real gross but when I started having kids, no one asked me to. I did it with pleasure wink

tpia:

are people equating sucking mucus out of their child's nose with showing love?

if there are other ways to remove mucus from the nose, why stick to only this one?

Am just wondering.

I dont beleive we are trying to equate sucking mucus out of kids nose with showing love, its just the fact.

U love ur kid, u can go extra miles to make sure ur kids are comfortable.

i mean , if u have a child of less than a yr, who doenst understand catarh, the kids is cold, he cant breath well due to mucus on the nose, what do you do in that situation, u gat to help the kid, by removing it with your mouth, it doesnt had to u or deduce you, this is your kid u gave birth to.

so should any parents feels he she cant do it, especially mothers , if we can carry them in our tommy for 9months , go thru labour pain to have them , then why should we find it difficult to remove mucus from our kid nose.

i do it, and am happy to see my kid sleeping there after, my husband cant do it, he feels somehow just as some people said, he bought the the mucus extractor.
thats what he use to remove mucus for our kids nose, i use it too, since there is an alternative to using my mouth, but if we outside and the kids has cold or catarht and we are not with mucus extractor , i remove it with my mouth.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by tpia: 9:21pm On Apr 12, 2008
algood:

I don't beleive we are trying to equate sucking mucus out of kids nose with showing love, its just the fact.

You love your kid, u can go extra miles to make sure your kids are comfortable.

i mean , if u have a child of less than a yr, who doenst understand catarh, the kids is cold, he can't breath well due to mucus on the nose, what do you do in that situation, u got to help the kid, by removing it with your mouth, it doesnt had to u or deduce you, this is your kid u gave birth to.

so should any parents feels he she can't do it, especially mothers , if we can carry them in our tommy for 9months , go through labour pain to have them , then why should we find it difficult to remove mucus from our kid nose.

i do it, and am happy to see my kid sleeping there after, my husband can't do it, he feels somehow just as some people said, he bought the the mucus extractor.
thats what he use to remove mucus for our kids nose, i use it too, since there is an alternative to using my mouth, but if we outside and the kids has cold or catarht and we are not with mucus extractor , i remove it with my mouth.

but its not like there's no other way to remove mucus from a child's nose.

Why insist only on removing it with your mouth?  Most times its not even an emergency situation, but it seems like folks just feel they have to do it that way to show they care.

I don't get it.

I can understand the poopoo, gassy and colicky stuff, but not this one.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by spoilt(f): 10:15pm On Apr 12, 2008
D-reloaded:

Did he give you a big boogery kiss right after?

Lmao grin

he did too. grin
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by ayinba1(f): 3:25pm On Apr 13, 2008
It is definitely not the only way to suck out mucus, I was only honestly answering the question. Yes I can and I have.

If you do not do it, it does not mean you do not love your child. Just my opinion
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by winnteam(m): 5:39pm On Apr 13, 2008
I think what people who do it are saying is "they are ready to do so and even more if they have to" and moreover, if the vacuum is not ready at hand what do you do?

That's the way it is. You do not begin the day by saying I am going to suck mucus from my baby's nose today.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by annboga(f): 7:29pm On Apr 13, 2008
I cant try that for anything in the world,
Jokes apart,that stuff is very disgusting n
most mothers should be very careful cos i've
heard heard a rumour that has to do with
sucking the mucus out, n mistakenly,the mother
sucks out the BRAIN out with the mucus.

Sincerly speaking my people that stuff isn't a good idea.
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by bawomolo(m): 3:21pm On Apr 14, 2008
sucking the mucus out, n mistakenly,the mother
sucks out the BRAIN out with the mucus.

haba, what brain is small enough to go through the nostrils shocked shocked
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by MP007(m): 3:38pm On Apr 14, 2008
hell no!
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by MP007(m): 3:38pm On Apr 14, 2008
hell no!, why not suction the dam! thing out
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 14, 2008
never!
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by ololade34(f): 9:56pm On Apr 14, 2008
If i have to yes but i hope i would never have to do it
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by almondjoy(f): 2:58am On Apr 15, 2008
I don suck akamu and okro soup from baba deeks dhem, e come be mucous from baby nose? Which wan clean pass? undecided

That na small thing abeg! cheesy

You guys have sucked worse. . .don't let me remind you please!
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by kellygirl(f): 12:31pm On Nov 19, 2008
na wa!
Re: Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? by chisomquee: 1:56pm On Nov 19, 2008
i will do it for my baby,we are are taking about yourself,as long as your baby is your blood,you should not find anything irrating.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Woman Denies Husband Sex, But Cheats With 16 Men, Sends Nudes To Them / How I Caught My Cheating Wife / A Man Died, Buried, Appeared In Another Land Where Nobody Knows Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.