Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria (18464 Views)

Unseen Photo Of Captain And Crew On Board Nigerian Warship NNS Thunder F90 / Jonathan Commissions 4 Navy Warships (Photos) / Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by gidiMonsta(m): 4:17pm On May 31, 2012
achi4u: After over 55years of ww11 when Germans build a supersonic warship and a gigantic submarine boat to conquer europe and even the entire world.
Though similar feet were achieved during Biafran civil war but nigeria were quick to bury those brain behind this technological art.
Think of localy made Biafran aircraft,ogbunigwe(mass killer),rocket luncher,many guns of different types were manufactured
So whats hold us so back?

Is it because we're still a third world country?

Thank God were are giant of Africagrin

Una don start again abi?
What aircraft did they build in Biafra? Are u talking about the refurbished french jets?
What rocket launcher did they build? Can we please see pictures of the war factory in Biafra?
Ogbunigwe is just a cluster bomb that can be built by anyone with a decent background in engineering moreover cluster bombs just like nuclear and chemical bombs are discouraged by the UN in wars because of its fatal nature. Please stop sensationalization of simple things.

BTW: the title of this thread is an embarrassment, that clearly is a patrol boat not a warship. Kudos to the engineers and the Nigerian Navy in general for this modest feat, kudos to GEJ for commissioning our 1st patrol/gun boat but please let this be the launch pad for something greater, South Africa is already building helicopters don't embarrass us by making this a big deal.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 31, 2012
Jeel: UP GEJ
ode, They started building in 2008
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Amalaaba: 4:27pm On May 31, 2012
I believe we should praise GEJ for this achievement while not forgetting Ibrahim and other people. The bulk stops on the President's table and so if we have a right to blame him for problems in Nigeria, it is only fair we give him honour when things are going right.

I don't care if what we made is a gun boat, frigate or ship and whether it was assembled/manufactured locally. The experience is what matters. They can build on that if given the right atmosphere. If there is adequate funding, Nigerian Scientist and Engineers can do wonderful things.

Anybody who funds our scientist and Engineers is my hero!
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 31, 2012
@henryskywalker2003

Low self-esteem having clown, while we're at it - why not compare a village in the UK, with your village, huh?

I'll do it for you...

A village in England

henryskywalker2003's village

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 31, 2012
Kudos to the Nigerian Navy...
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Goldenheart(m): 4:34pm On May 31, 2012
Everything is working perfectly.....it caught a tilapia fish.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by edicolove: 4:51pm On May 31, 2012
alj harem:

you are only deceiving yourself and your gullible followers

GEJ got nothing to do with this, a project that was started by Yara'dua is being credited to GEJ

Same with the buses, guy go hang

You are really begining to sound so desperate now. You now officially have a GEJ phobia. At the end of his tenure when a lot of groundwork have materialized, you might have to relocate out of Naija out of unbearable shame. Watch it man so you don't commit suicide. This is getting worrisome, really.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by greenhope(m): 5:04pm On May 31, 2012
Interesting
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by SIRNIMS(m): 5:20pm On May 31, 2012
UP GEJ, The warshipswill be used to curb Niger Delta militants,Smugglers, Corrupt Custom &Navy officials, Armed Robbers, Kidnappers and most imporatnly Boko Haram
Jona Mumudeen Odechukwu has at least foolishly did something good that will not have any negative impact like fuel subsidy removal
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Reference(m): 5:29pm On May 31, 2012
manny4life:

Na wa for Nigerians, if we manufacture locally, they will say it's fake and call it names, when we import, they will blame govt for poor EXIM policies, say, why can't we produce back home and why is govt not protecting local manufacturers?

Like seriously, how can one please a Nigerian? Majority of our problems lies within ourselves, look no further but to ourselves as a contributing factor to the mess.

Nothing more to say, so sad.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Reference(m): 5:43pm On May 31, 2012
I havd a friend in PH who builds vessels of the utmost quality for the oil industry. All he imports are the propulsion and navigation systems. You will be surprised what Nigerians are capable of when they can focus and take their minds off some of the kinds of rubbish talk found on this forum. Our attitude most of the time is responsible for exactly what we have become.

Ship building is not new in Nigeria. I've been hearing about Snake Island since I was a kid. Why the place has not grown into a proper enterprise surprises me. Now, someone is doing something about it and it still attracts snide remarks. Sorry.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by nelly4(f): 5:48pm On May 31, 2012
that shitty thing looks like a ferry and they are calling it a war ship.....i hope they meant a prototype war ship sha cos that aint goona win any combat xcept that they fight in d creeks on niger delta which to me is just childs play and not WAR......spatans aaauuu
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by wyt(m): 5:48pm On May 31, 2012
it is good to know that people can give kukos to GEJ in this NL. the greatest is behind. soon we wil se 20,000MWTs, good train network, ore-benin road, courtage industries here and there. i trust u GEJ, i believe u wil make me proud soon. Goodluck Naigeria
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by jude33084(m): 6:10pm On May 31, 2012
gonzaga:
THOSE LOUSY NAIRALANDERS THAT NEVER SEE ANYTHING GOOD WITH GEJ/NIGERIA ARE NOT MAKING ANY COMMENT AT THE MOMENT. SHAME ON YOU ALL! I KNOW WITH TIME GEJ WILL MAKE US PROUD. ALL ATTEMPT TO DISCREDIT, AND PRESENT GEJ AS INCOMPETENT WILL CERTAINLY FAIL.

Mr ADC, What's the capability of this warship? I mean what can it do? Is it just another firing machine or it is eletronically capable of sensing its environment?
Things like this should be a secrete untill it is a hi-tech.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by DaRapture: 6:20pm On May 31, 2012
LOL @ Warship. That thing looks more like a shrimping boat. cheesy
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by ocelot2006(m): 6:32pm On May 31, 2012
Kudos to the Nigerian Navy, and welldone Mr President. It may be just a patrol but, but it is a good start.

Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 31, 2012
Good development and we hope to see more improvement in all sectors of the economy.
It shows the commitment of nigerian navy to the development of this country.

Great job and I hope the navy engineers will be commended and encouraged to do more!
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by tonididdy(m): 7:05pm On May 31, 2012
nigerian navy engineers which is about 70percent whites(non-nigerians)
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by otokx(m): 7:07pm On May 31, 2012
Are you sure that boat was manufactured? There is a difference between assembled and manufactured.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by hamsky: 7:19pm On May 31, 2012
The 31m Nigerian Navy Seaward Defence Boat (SDB) was conceived as a research and development project by Vice Admiral GTA Adekeye and Rear Admiral GJ Jonah who were then Chief of the Naval Staff and Chief of Naval Engineering respectively.
At last this project has finally finished. I don't expect anyone here to know anything about this project but the main person that should be hailed is Vice Admiral GTA Adekeye who started the project but was retired before finishing it. Former President Obasanjo was also the one who gave a go ahead for the project to crack on so no need to hail Mr baba nothing spoil (GEJ).

^^Source of information: I spoke to the admiral in person Gbam!
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by hamsky: 7:20pm On May 31, 2012
DaRapture: LOL @ Warship. That thing looks more like a shrimping boat. cheesy

nelly4: that shitty thing looks like a ferry and they are calling it a war ship.....i hope they meant a prototype war ship sha cos that aint goona win any combat xcept that they fight in d creeks on niger delta which to me is just childs play and not WAR......spatans aaauuu

Una better Shut up! U fit make bicycle.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 7:20pm On May 31, 2012
you africans should know that western world have been civilized for the past 1000 years.......
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by shileowo: 7:29pm On May 31, 2012
beginning of the end of boko-haram
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by thehomer: 7:46pm On May 31, 2012
achi4u: I need not to start argueing over what i know is true...go read ur history book.As per infrastructural situation then...Biafran engineers build those machines out of notting.
Thank u

What history book? Please show me this book let me know the ignorant publishers that need to be blacklisted.

Of course they built the machines out of nothing. One could say they've become Gods in their own rights. They should have simply sent these jets and supersonic ships built out of nothing to attack the Nigerian Army. Oh wait maybe that was what they did.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by gulfer: 8:06pm On May 31, 2012
This GEJ sef, can he not delegate this small patrol boat commissioning to Fashola or the chief of Naval Staff.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by momoohwos(m): 8:31pm On May 31, 2012
This looks more like a WAR BOAT. lmao
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by lookmangiw(m): 8:47pm On May 31, 2012
abeg, seriously speaking, is this a warship or a cruise ship. please try and browse through american warship and know what am talking about.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Sprumbaba: 9:00pm On May 31, 2012
War kenu
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by KDULAR: 9:17pm On May 31, 2012
chuks49: Good one from the Nigerian Navy. However I expecting details as to the ships capabilities.
Haba j'ama! that at least should be classified for now.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by KDULAR: 9:23pm On May 31, 2012
lookmangiw: abeg, seriously speaking, is this a warship or a cruise ship. please try and browse through american warship and know what am talking about.
It's not a cruiser but a war ship, there are various sizes and capabilities for different purposes. Can those big warships which I presume you want refer to patrol shallow waters, creeks and inland waterways ? my point is there are varuious ships with varied sizes, capabilities and purposes.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Azubreezy(m): 10:11pm On May 31, 2012
Ermm... Nw dat GEJ is in d habit of renamin tins, hope he will nt rename dis one NNS Patience.. He is gradually sealing his place as a bona fide Camel Fucker.. Idiot.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by mojounited(m): 10:28pm On May 31, 2012
The 31m Nigerian Navy Seaward Defence Boat (SDB) was conceived as a research and development project by Vice Admiral GTA Adekeye and Rear Admiral GJ Jonah who were then Chief of the Naval Staff and Chief of Naval Engineering respectively.

It's a Seaward Defence Boat not a Warshipcheesy. Literally shows that some people don't bother reading the main article before commenting... NLers, don't let our journalists use enticing headlines just to stir-up spiteful comments...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Residents Scooping Fuel As Tanker Crashes In Kwara. / Don’t Destroy NIA, Nigeria Can’t Survive Without It – Horsefall, Pioneer DG NIA / Sule Lamido Visits Ibrahim Babangida Over 2019 Presidential Race (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.