Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria (18465 Views)

Unseen Photo Of Captain And Crew On Board Nigerian Warship NNS Thunder F90 / Jonathan Commissions 4 Navy Warships (Photos) / Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by homerac7: 2:51pm On May 31, 2012
achi4u: yes i have a command in heglish language...bros
i just contruct that word.

Damn! Supersonic warship? Please tell more about this mysterious esoteric and secret warship and the technology behind it, I'm only just hearing abt it. Also sure that the US DARPA and other sister military research body will pay you handsomely for this Info. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:53pm On May 31, 2012
Beaf:

Abeg, make una lef me jare! When we invade Cameroon, I wanna catch that sexy babe called Nayah... War finish be dat! Lol!

^^^So basically you want to make her your war booty!!!
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 2:58pm On May 31, 2012
First off, I have to thank whoever conceived this idea and whoever completed it. Though I would hate for the damn craft to be used to stop anyone who may still want to secede from Nigeria, I still love the idea that a military hardware (no matter how simple, unsophisticated, and "ordinary" it looks)was designed and developed locally; I am always for local content in military hardware for ALL African states.
Having said that, I still noticed the usual Nigerian way of doing things -Navy engineers design Navy ship (abi na flying boat as someone said, lol grin ). Why not these engineers set up a local company (after they leave the navy) that researches and develops naval defense systems, that way more gifted civilian individuals who may not be navy personnel at all, can come in to really design something that can really scare someone, supply the local navy and export some for foreign exchange? In doing so, you kill five birds with one stone : create a sustainable local weapons development (private sector driven)program, create jobs, attract "civilian" talent, equip local navy with superior assets designed for it alone, and finally export some to earn foreign exchange.

Somehow I think that Nigerians know that already, but the usual Nigerian "nationalisation" of everything forces the whole thing through the same unsustainable, slow and "could be better" channels.

Well, congrats to GEJ. History will remember that he commissioned the first locally built craft for the Nigerian navy.

BTW I wouldn't know whether it is the first "local" navy craft, at least if you count what the Biafrans did. I could be wrong though. cool

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by noiseless: 2:58pm On May 31, 2012
Hand it over to MEND for safe keeping!
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by jaybee(f): 3:05pm On May 31, 2012
gonzaga:
THOSE LOUSY NAIRALANDERS THAT NEVER SEE ANYTHING GOOD WITH GEJ/NIGERIA ARE NOT MAKING ANY COMMENT AT THE MOMENT. SHAME ON YOU ALL! I KNOW WITH TIME GEJ WILL MAKE US PROUD. ALL ATTEMPT TO DISCREDIT, AND PRESENT GEJ AS INCOMPETENT WILL CERTAINLY FAIL.

This project started about five (5) years ago at NN dockyard in V/I Lagos. it would have been completed in 2010 but Yaradua fell sick and the then vice president was not in charge hence the delay in completing it.

the job is now done and will be commissioned; it is now gej's glory, fully attributed to him. if it were corruption and other challenges, then it did not start during gej, it must be attributed to others that were there before him.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 3:07pm On May 31, 2012
THANKS TO GEJ AND IHEJIRIKA cool cool coolif not,it will not be possible smiley
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 31, 2012
Congrats to the Nigerian Navy...

But when are we going to develop our missile technology??

I heard we bought the technology from North Korea during OBJ's tenure, but there has been no update since then.. sad
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by jaybee(f): 3:10pm On May 31, 2012
Beaf: This is a very nice development indeed! Up Nigeria!
May we use it to immediately conquer Cameroon. cool

just read what you posted; uncivilized thoughts, barbaric language; an excited fool! i advise that you conquer your foolishness first.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 31, 2012
ak47mann: THANKS TO GEJ AND IHEJIRIKA cool cool coolif not,it will not be possible smiley

Ihejirika isn't part of the project..

Why do you and beaf always think backwards?? grin

Ooop, I forgot you both belong in the same league on NL.. grin grin
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 3:14pm On May 31, 2012
jaybee:

just read what you posted; uncivilized thoughts, barbaric language; an excited fool! i advise that you conquer your foolishness first.

C'mon my friend cool down. He was only joking. Some of you nairalanders lack a sense of humor. sad
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 31, 2012
The Nigerian military is solid IMHO, and their conflict resolution track record on the African continent (esp West Africa) shows how well trained they are...

Kudos to our servicemen. cool
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 31, 2012
shymmex: Congrats to the Nigerian Navy...

But when are we going to develop our missile technology??

I heard we bought the technology from North Korea during OBJ's tenure, but there has been no update since then.. sad
I don't think we have any defence pact with NK
It was Pakistan he contacted to kick start a nuclear plant supposedly for 'to generate electricity'
The US killed it a few days later.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by nduchucks: 3:28pm On May 31, 2012
Congrats to the builders of this machine, though it looks like a fishing boat. Who named it Andoni, for goodness' sake? Andoni ko, AnChiDuri ni. You have to be, at a minimum, bilingual to get that. smiley
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by duni04(m): 3:29pm On May 31, 2012
ak47mann: THANKS TO GEJ AND IHEJIRIKA cool cool coolif not,it will not be possible smiley
Ihejirika ke! Wetin okoro do? Dat okoro is d chief of army staff and not naval staff. True credit should go to rear admirals ola ibrahim and adekeye, who midwifed the project. All that remains now is for that fisherman and his pple to hand d boat over to tompolo to help 'protect our waterways'.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 3:32pm On May 31, 2012
ndu_chucks: Congrats to the builders of this machine, though it looks like a fishing boat. Who named it Andoni, for goodness' sake? Andoni ko, An[b]ChiDuri[/b] ni. You have to be, at a minimum, bilingual to get that. smiley

My friend I know that you eat a lot of "vegetables" abi na fodder.
Keep your lewd words off Nairaland. angry
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by maigaskiya1: 3:33pm On May 31, 2012
al-ahamad:
With out sentiments attached, dis is nice but hey, I'm not jubilating cos dis does not reduce the price of Garri for my country men....

Jonadunce....please commision somthing that helps the development of folks....channel ur energy towards Nation building nd we'll definitely hail you but for now....ur still a slow poke
eat shit man shal nt leav by bread alone becos ure hungry we can nt lok at odar areas mumu continue hatng gej til u enta grave glueton
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by maigaskiya1: 3:34pm On May 31, 2012
gonzaga:
THOSE LOUSY NAIRALANDERS THAT NEVER SEE ANYTHING GOOD WITH GEJ/NIGERIA ARE NOT MAKING ANY COMMENT AT THE MOMENT. SHAME ON YOU ALL! I KNOW WITH TIME GEJ WILL MAKE US PROUD. ALL ATTEMPT TO DISCREDIT, AND PRESENT GEJ AS INCOMPETENT WILL CERTAINLY FAIL.
tel d bastards my broada
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by 1forall: 3:35pm On May 31, 2012
THAT in the picture is not even a ship, talk less of a war ship angry
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by maigaskiya1: 3:37pm On May 31, 2012
OkparaIgbo: This is a Titillating News..! WOW I'm proud of GEJ. Once again he has shown that with calm head and discipline .and ignoring detractors you can do exploit. Now Nigerians raise your head from the sand once again because a certain amount of pride has once more been restored to the cess pit. More to come GEJ Keep moving and I'm sure you know what next.
Those spewing gibberish that the project started 100 million years ago. Who cares it must have taken the persuasions and hard work of this administration to bring it to fusion so go and drink acid or hug a transformer if you are still hating. grin
dnt wory my broda we hav concluded plans 2 snd all haters 2 join dia ancestors at guantanamo

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by nduchucks: 3:41pm On May 31, 2012
Onlytruth:

My friend I know that you eat a lot of "vegetables" abi na fodder.
angry

Eze m, kedu? How bodi na?
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by henryskywalker2003(m): 3:45pm On May 31, 2012
To all of you saying congratulations, you guys are still living in the 18th century else can you tell me how that fishing boat looks like a warship to any of you (Beaf and cohorts). For your information Warships are categorized in the following 7 categories, Aircraft carrier, Cruiser, Destroyer, Frigate, Corvette, Submarine, and Amphibious assault ships. I will include pics of the 7 categories to let you guys help me classify where that "fishing boat" falls under. Warship my foot, even pirates have better boats than that. Mscheeeeeew. But on a serious note, that looks more like a patrol boat than anything else.

The following are pics of aircraft carrier class ships.

Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by henryskywalker2003(m): 3:49pm On May 31, 2012
These ones are Amphibian assault ships.

Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by henryskywalker2003(m): 3:50pm On May 31, 2012
These are cruisers.

Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by henryskywalker2003(m): 3:51pm On May 31, 2012
These are corvettes.

Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 3:54pm On May 31, 2012
henryskywalker2003: Anoda cruiser
do u no hw much it will cost to build a war ship plane carriers?or are u just posting cus u want to. smiley
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by henryskywalker2003(m): 3:55pm On May 31, 2012
These are destroyers.

Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by henryskywalker2003(m): 3:56pm On May 31, 2012
here are some frigates

Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by henryskywalker2003(m): 3:58pm On May 31, 2012
These are the submarines.

Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by henryskywalker2003(m): 4:01pm On May 31, 2012
Lastly, these are patrol boats.

Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Demdem(m): 4:02pm On May 31, 2012
^^^^
Na wa ooo, so where we go categorise this our "warship" nau?

JomoGbomo2: This is what our military is suppose to be doing, leading in R& D and developing their own equipment. I hope they continue in this direction. We should also acknowledge GEJ support too cos without it the project won't see day light.
This however does not mean good governance, if it is then North Korea and Iran would rank top in good governance

I concur. kudos to the Nigerian Navy.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by jaybee(f): 4:10pm On May 31, 2012
henryskywalker2003: To all of you saying congratulations, you guys are still living in the 18th century else can you tell me how that fishing boat looks like a warship to any of you (Beaf and cohorts). For your information Warships are categorized in the following 7 categories, Aircraft carrier, Cruiser, Destroyer, Frigate, Corvette, Submarine, and Amphibious assault ships. I will include pics of the 7 categories to let you guys help me classify where that "fishing boat" falls under. Warship my foot, even pirates have better boats than that. Mscheeeeeew. But on a serious note, that looks more like a patrol boat than anything else.

The following are pics of aircraft carrier class ships.

What are you saying? how many of these pictures will come to nigeria's rescue in terms of aggression? it is what we own that is ours; and we should be proud of it (except the disappointments of jonathan (gej) and his ilk). as americans are proud of their machines, so we should be proud of ours. that's their level; this is ours! simple. no hard feelings.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 31, 2012
lacasa:

Thank U̶̲̥̅̊ my broda

Wetin GEJ do wey ppl dey talk well done GEJ

Rather, well done τ̅o the engineers of the Nigerian Navy
If that initiative had failed, you guys would have blamed GEJ even though he didn't initiate it. We must learn to give credit to whom it is due.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Programmes To Mark Wike's 100 Days In Office (photo) / President Buhari Meets With Northern CAN Officials (Photos) / We Have No Candidates For Zamfara, Rivers - INEC Replies APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.