Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria (18467 Views)

Unseen Photo Of Captain And Crew On Board Nigerian Warship NNS Thunder F90 / Jonathan Commissions 4 Navy Warships (Photos) / Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Rudewaterz(m): 1:39pm On May 31, 2012
'bout time! but then again its a very misleading title; i mean its a feckin' boat not a ''WARSHIP.''
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by sheuzee: 1:39pm On May 31, 2012
Congrats to the niherian navy for a job well done not gej
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Beaf: 1:41pm On May 31, 2012
careytommy:
cheesy cheesy
Abeg don't offend cameroun o! Else they call on almighty france. You know Nigeria is more or less an orphan country with no true allies

afam4eva:
They've conquered Nigeria already. Hasn't Bakkassi been ceded to them? So, what are we conquering? Let Jonathan launchpoverty warship to free Nigerians from squalor.

Abeg, make una lef me jare! When we invade Cameroon, I wanna catch that sexy babe called Nayah... War finish be dat! Lol!
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by ebamma(m): 1:43pm On May 31, 2012
is it made in nigeria or coupled in nigeria
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 1:44pm On May 31, 2012
A project that started way before GEJ, Beaf this got nothing to do with GEJ but the Navy.

Na wa for propaganda cry cry cry cry

congrats Nigeria Navy
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Beaf: 1:45pm On May 31, 2012
achi4u: After over 55years of ww11 when Germans build a supersonic warship and a gigantic submarine boat to conquer europe and even the entire world.
Though similar feet were achieved during Biafran civil war but nigeria were quick to bury those brain behind this technological art.
Think of localy made Biafran aircraft,ogbunigwe(mass killer),rocket luncher,many guns of different types were manufactured
So whats hold us so back?

Is it because we're still a third world country?

Thank God were are giant of Africagrin

The ogbunigwe was given away to Europeans for free some years back. We've done a lot of stup!d things in this country. angry
The whites commented that the technology was "unusual."
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Beaf: 1:46pm On May 31, 2012
alj harem: A project that started way before GEJ, Beaf this got nothing to do with GEJ but the Navy.

Na wa for propaganda cry cry cry cry

congrats Nigeria Navy

I don't discuss with fools. Thank you.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by naptu2: 1:47pm On May 31, 2012
I have to say I'm really proud of Admiral Adekeye! He had the idea that ships could be built and repaired in Nigeria, thereby conserving foreign exchange. Under his watch, the long dead NNS Obuma was revived, by Nigerian engineers, to serve as a training frigate and now this. Well done!
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by manny4life(m): 1:50pm On May 31, 2012
GREAT, Congratulations to Nigerian Navy

Next, when is Nigeria gonna have an Aircraft Carrier and Nuclear Submarine? SA, Egypt and few African Giants already boast of a few in their fleet... So when is it gonna be?
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by omenziate(m): 1:50pm On May 31, 2012
Hmmmm, dat ship in d pix doesn't look battle ready o. All d same, congrats to our Naval Engineers, and bros Ebele, when u go tackle Power and Insecurity as u just dey commission everytin now from cassava bread to bulb to almajiri skul and flying boat?
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 1:53pm On May 31, 2012
Beaf:

I don't discuss with fools. Thank you.

you are only deceiving yourself and your gullible followers

GEJ got nothing to do with this, a project that was started by Yara'dua is being credited to GEJ

Same with the buses, guy go hang
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by thehomer: 1:56pm On May 31, 2012
achi4u: After over 55years of ww11 when Germans build a supersonic warship and a gigantic submarine boat to conquer europe and even the entire world.
Though similar feet were achieved during Biafran civil war but nigeria were quick to bury those brain behind this technological art.
Think of localy made Biafran aircraft,ogbunigwe(mass killer),rocket luncher,many guns of different types were manufactured
So whats hold us so back?

Is it because we're still a third world country?

Thank God were are giant of Africagrin

Supersonic warship? What are you talking about? Do you know how fast sound waves travel in air over water?
Similar feat achieved during the Nigerian civil war? You must be joking. What locally made aircraft and rocket launchers are you talking about?
It looks as if you do not understand the sort of infrastructure that would be necessary for such equipment to be possible.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by sylve11: 1:57pm On May 31, 2012
gegee: this 1 na warship abi big flying boat ?

Na space bus! cool
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by naptu2: 2:00pm On May 31, 2012
grin grin grin

Supersonic warship!
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by thehomer: 2:00pm On May 31, 2012
How much did it cost? What are its capabilities? What is it actually for? Is it for patrolling creeks or for ocean voyage. Don't these reporters actually obtain relevant information that people can use in assessing the value of their money?
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by karlmax2: 2:01pm On May 31, 2012
If was achieved by fashola the page for don full!some winches are out again to say it has notting to do with GEJ but they are quick to blame him for the problems he inherited.... I guess when we start having constant power which I knw we would achieve soon based on what I have personally seen on ground the winches will still say gej has nothing to do with it this is a project that was abandoned...and was revived and completed by this administration and yet it has nothing to do with the administration thank God he has helped people like me that travel by road frequently and use the lagos-ore express road by fixing that road that was abandoned for years like this project!!
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by aljharem(m): 2:03pm On May 31, 2012
karl max: If was achieved by fashola the page for don full!some winches are out again to say it has notting to do with GEJ but they are quick to blame him for the problems he inherited.... I guess when we start having constant power which I knw we would achieve soon based on what I have personally seen on ground the winches will still say gej has nothing to do with it this is a project that was abandoned...and was revived and completed by this administration and yet it has nothing to do with the administration thank God he has helped people like me that travel by road frequently and use the lagos-ore express road by fixing that road that was abandoned for years like this project!!

pure inferiority complex you display my brother.

Now this goons are compering A GOVERNOR OF A SMALLEST STATE OF THE NATION TO THERE PRESIDENT. grin grin grin

Na wa o !!!
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by thehomer: 2:04pm On May 31, 2012
Since he's commissioning it, that means it is ready for action. Are there any pictures or videos of this ship undergoing any manoeuver?
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by kokoA(m): 2:05pm On May 31, 2012
Is that a war ship? shocked shocked I thought it was a fishing boat o grin
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by tonmandy(m): 2:06pm On May 31, 2012
Wat re we celebrating. This is neither peotic nor glorious. One can only applaud d nig.navy if truly dey used locally manufactued item (which i doubt).
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by seglan(m): 2:07pm On May 31, 2012
zangiff: locally made warship,am scared ohh,they make mistakes using the foreign one not to talk of locally made ones
you're a bad Nigerian. Always appropriate your government where the need arise
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Akpan107(m): 2:10pm On May 31, 2012
Nice one my dear President! I pray, before 2019 when you will be handing power over to a South Easterner, more of this will be commission in Jesus name...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by homerac7: 2:11pm On May 31, 2012
Ds has very little to do wt GEJ, rather kudos should go to the project team, Nigeria Navy, Admiral Ganiyu Adekeye and his collaborator who was d head of Naval Research.

D project was conceived and inaugurated way back in 2008, so GEJ has little or no known contribution to it. D report rather mentioned d current CNS for credit and not d president.

So all you GEJ sheep can take a chill pill and wait for some other more appropriate successful project to lay claim to. But be warned, una fit wait old o! Lol
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by achi4u(m): 2:11pm On May 31, 2012
thehomer:

Supersonic warship? What are you talking about? Do you know how fast sound waves travel in air over water?
Similar feat achieved during the Nigerian civil war? You must be joking. What locally made aircraft and rocket launchers are you talking about?
It looks as if you do not understand the sort of infrastructure that would be necessary for such equipment to be possible.
I need not to start argueing over what i know is true...go read ur history book.As per infrastructural situation then...Biafran engineers build those machines out of notting.
Thank u
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by manny4life(m): 2:13pm On May 31, 2012
kokoA: Is that a war ship? shocked shocked I thought it was a fishing boat o grin

Na wa for Nigerians, if we manufacture locally, they will say it's fake and call it names, when we import, they will blame govt for poor EXIM policies, say, why can't we produce back home and why is govt not protecting local manufacturers?

Like seriously, how can one please a Nigerian? Majority of our problems lies within ourselves, look no further but to ourselves as a contributing factor to the mess.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by achi4u(m): 2:17pm On May 31, 2012
naptu2: grin grin grin

Supersonic warship!
yes i have a command in heglish language...bros
i just contruct that word.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by jimjones: 2:17pm On May 31, 2012
nice for fishing crabs and lobsters.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by TechRev: 2:21pm On May 31, 2012
manny4life:

Na wa for Nigerians, if we manufacture locally, they will say it's fake and call it names, when we import, they will blame govt for poor EXIM policies, say, why can't we produce back home and why is govt not protecting local manufacturers?

Like seriously, how can one please a Nigerian? Majority of our problems lies within ourselves, look no further but to ourselves as a contributing factor to the mess.

The sooner Nigerians especially the ones in NL realize this (the bolded) the better for Nigeria and for them. GEJ welldone and keep doing well hatters will fry ...
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by hakanai(m): 2:23pm On May 31, 2012
congratulation Nigerians!!!! Thank you Nigerian navy for making us all proud.What of the armored vehicle design displayed in Abuja during Late Yar'adua?It was transferred to the army for a joint development on it and further research.It's advisable they stick to it o!With our current situation it would go a long way in helping with security.Since small arms and explosives are becoming more of a treat to peace.Also during Obj an agreement to produce local assault rifles in NIDCON was signed Nigeria & Russia(AK47).I also saw online a locally made rifle designed in Nigeria,along the line it was recalled for some modification.Any chance its finished?I also know we export small arms to some African countries like Niger- eg. pistols made in Nigeria.
Anyway good work.We can't keep relying on other nations for such needs.We must make this a continuous thing and move towards upgrading our defense capability locally in most of the areas we can.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by olakintanj(m): 2:28pm On May 31, 2012
good development congrat to the Chief Commander of the Arm Forces of Nigeria, Congrat to the Vice Admiral of Nigeria Navy a warming congratulation to Nigeria Navy
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by JomoGbomo2(m): 2:38pm On May 31, 2012
This is what our military is suppose to be doing, leading in R& D and developing their own equipment. I hope they continue in this direction. We should also acknowledge GEJ support too cos without it the project won't see day light.
This however does not mean good governance, if it is then North Korea and Iran would rank top in good governance
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by grafikii: 2:45pm On May 31, 2012
This post shows your are a liar, the project was never dead, come on beaf stop spreading lies, kudos to the navy and their engineers.
Beaf: ^
Its a gunboat (you know the way awa pipo like exageration). Yes, it was made here.

Broda Okon! Winsh don come again e!

The project was dead and only revived under GEJ. It helps to read the article.
Hint! Hint! Find out who Ibrahim is and what he did. Olodo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Presidential Fleet Larger Than Three Domestic Airlines / Ali Modu-Sherrif Chilling With Gabriel Suswam After Emerging The PDP Chairman / Buhari Congratulates Yahaya Bello On His Re-Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.