Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,220 members, 7,811,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria (18466 Views)

Unseen Photo Of Captain And Crew On Board Nigerian Warship NNS Thunder F90 / Jonathan Commissions 4 Navy Warships (Photos) / Nigeria Launch Second Naval Ship NNS Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Ardedaryor(m): 1:22am On Jun 01, 2012
indeed a nice project,wat are the FG doing abt merchant ships?
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by mensdept: 3:58am On Jun 01, 2012
Where are the medical centers and upgrading of unversities. EVerything military? Dayum

That ship cant even fight against Boko Haram.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:44am On Jun 01, 2012
zangiff: locally made warship,am scared ohh,they make mistakes using the foreign one not to talk of locally made ones
instead make you ask wetin the ship fit do first of all, you don dey dey skeptical already. Doubters will doubt anyway
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by sayosalt: 6:58am On Jun 01, 2012
Oju enimala, se o ju won sela ni, backward government.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Beaf: 7:01am On Jun 01, 2012
sayosalt: Oju enimala, se o ju won sela ni, backward government.

And what do you call yourself? A person so unciviled as to speak their native tongue to all your fellow Nigerians (who speak 300+ languages).
You are a bushman at best and your post shows it. cool
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by kokoA(m): 7:04am On Jun 01, 2012
I can't beleive GEJ flew all the way from ABJ to LAG to commission a fishing boat..

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by mayorvrr: 8:42am On Jun 01, 2012
NIGERIA COMMISSIONS LOCALLY MADE WARSHIP

This has actually been long overdue from Nigeria has a country posted as giant of Africa and her level of education amongst committee of nation. It's really commendable.
I will therefore advise that:

i. the president should use this opportunity to set up Plant & Machinery (Tractors & Equipment, Cars e.t.c)Manufacturing Centres and make these project executioners directors and trainners in such establishemnt.

ii. The establishment should be in Partnership with private organisation to ensure efficiency and effective utilisation of resources.

iii. The project design should be given a time frame and published in nigerian newspapers in order to measure deliverables of such establishment.

iv. The President should have a direct supervison of this initiative to ensure result is achieved.

Thanks for the opportunity to contribute.

Mayowa Adeyanju
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by kpolli(m): 8:57am On Jun 01, 2012
e woooooo!!!!! This is our warship shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Did they watch the movie battleship b4 commissioning this?
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Santi222(m): 9:42am On Jun 01, 2012
U guys call a 31m boat a WARSHIP Na wa oh. Kudos to d NN engineers that built it but the whole thing should not be blown disproportionately out of scale.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 01, 2012
lol...very funny indeed.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Beaf: 10:44am On Jun 01, 2012
mayorvrr: NIGERIA COMMISSIONS LOCALLY MADE WARSHIP

This has actually been long overdue from Nigeria has a country posted as giant of Africa and her level of education amongst committee of nation. It's really commendable.
I will therefore advise that:

i. the president should use this opportunity to set up Plant & Machinery (Tractors & Equipment, Cars e.t.c)Manufacturing Centres and make these project executioners directors and trainners in such establishemnt.

ii. The establishment should be in Partnership with private organisation to ensure efficiency and effective utilisation of resources.

iii. The project design should be given a time frame and published in nigerian newspapers in order to measure deliverables of such establishment.

iv. The President should have a direct supervison of this initiative to ensure result is achieved.

Thanks for the opportunity to contribute.

Mayowa Adeyanju

Word. cool
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Tobiustobius: 11:24am On Jun 01, 2012
souldust: instead make you ask wetin the ship fit do first of all, you don dey dey skeptical already. Doubters will doubt anyway

We doubt, with good reason.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by OliverBrain(m): 12:33pm On Jun 01, 2012
jaw jaw: Is that the warship in the picture? Looks more like a tug boat to me grin grin grin

I hope they have tested it completely. Don't want to hear about any misfiring machine guns and torpedos/missiles later o!

Anyways, congrats to the Nigerian Navy for achieving this feat.

Recall I said Nigerian Navy not GEJ. He is only LUCKY to be presido when dis feat was achieved.

I gbadun dat one jare
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:04pm On Jun 01, 2012
ak47mann: do u no hw much it will cost to build a war ship plane carriers?or are u just posting cus u want to. smiley

@ak47mann, I am not posting for posting sake and I know it's gonna cos a huge amount of money to build but let the truth be told. No one builds a spade and calls it a caterpillar. Compare the pic of our so called "warship" with any warship in service and tell me if that can be truly called a warship? Did you see the size? And it is even on a small dock and yet still that small. I applaud the Navy engineers cos they show they are emulating their Army brothers that built a couple of armoured vehicles some time back but when they did, they never called it an lofty name like the one being ascribed to that one in that pic.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:08pm On Jun 01, 2012
jaybee:

What are you saying? how many of these pictures will come to nigeria's rescue in terms of aggression? it is what we own that is ours; and we should be proud of it (except the disappointments of jonathan (gej) and his ilk). as americans are proud of their machines, so we should be proud of ours. that's their level; this is ours! simple. no hard feelings.

and you think that in times of aggression that this can save you knowing fully well that the aggressors will probably buy what they need from the folks that build some of those I posted their pics and blast you out of the water with one shot.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:19pm On Jun 01, 2012
shymmex: @henryskywalker2003

Low self-esteem having clown, while we're at it - why not compare a village in the UK, with your village, huh?

I'll do it for you...

A village in England

henryskywalker2003's village

@shymmex, hahahaha. Dumb arse, pinhead bloke. If low self-esteem means calling a spade by it's name, then so be it. In case you don't know what a warship is for let me tell you in simple english. IT IS MEANT FOR WAR, DUMMY. Not for patrols. That's one thing I love about the nations Isreal, China, India, Korea. They simply imported weapons from US, UK and Russia, then tore those weapons apart and learnt the principles and mechanisms behind them and built theirs. Today, they no longer import and even when they were starting, their first prototypes were way better than what is that picture and they never opened their mouth to call it a finished product like you guys did with that gunboat. Check out the Uzzi sub-machine gun family. Who do you think develops them? Israel of course. Check out other weapons from these countries starting from their early development stages and you'll find that even the ones you think were good enough to be called the finished product was still a prototype to them. You are just suffering from a very low standard and low mentality. It's people like you that would tell our soldiers to go to war with dane guns while our enemies are equipped with automatics and when they lose, you start spewing rubbish about them. Fool.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by basadenet: 4:57pm On Jun 01, 2012
Congrats and more grease to your elbow
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by juman(m): 5:10pm On Jun 01, 2012
Atleast it was a step forward.

They built the body and bought the engine.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by achi4u(m): 5:16pm On Jun 01, 2012
henryskywalker2003:

@shymmex, hahahaha. Dumb arse, pinhead bloke. If low self-esteem means calling a spade by it's name, then so be it. In case you don't know what a warship is for let me tell you in simple english. IT IS MEANT FOR WAR, DUMMY. Not for patrols. That's one thing I love about the nations Isreal, China, India, Korea. They simply imported weapons from US, UK and Russia, then tore those weapons apart and learnt the principles and mechanisms behind them and built theirs. Today, they no longer import and even when they were starting, their first prototypes were way better than what is that picture and they never opened their mouth to call it a finished product like you guys did with that gunboat. Check out the Uzzi sub-machine gun family. Who do you think develops them? Israel of course. Check out other weapons from these countries starting from their early development stages and you'll find that even the ones you think were good enough to be called the finished product was still a prototype to them. You are just suffering from a very low standard and low mentality. It's people like you that would tell our soldiers to go to war with dane guns while our enemies are equipped with automatics and when they lose, you start spewing rubbish about them. Fool.
true tok
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by 1bunne4lif(m): 6:26pm On Jun 01, 2012
undecided
grafikii: Gej has nothing to do with this, the project was started 5yrs ago, u guys wld celebrate anything Sha.
enemy of progress, aren't hppy dat 9ja is progressing?
grafikii: Gej has nothing to do with this, the project was started 5yrs ago, u guys wld celebrate anything Sha.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Daresh(f): 10:30pm On Jun 01, 2012
OkparaIgbo: This is a Titillating News..! WOW I'm proud of GEJ. Once again he has shown that with calm head and discipline .and ignoring detractors you can do exploit. Now Nigerians raise your head from the sand once again because a certain amount of pride has once more been restored to the cess pit. More to come GEJ Keep moving and I'm sure you know what next.
Those spewing gibberish that the project started 100 million years ago. Who cares it must have taken the persuasions and hard work of this administration to bring it to fusion so go and drink acid or hug a transformer if you are still hating. grin

I don't know why are hailing badluck in this matter. He didn't commission the project, or build it himself. All he is doing is celebrating someone else's hard work so why r u hailing him like he built the ship with his bare hands?
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by sadi78: 11:49pm On Jun 01, 2012
Beaf: [size=14pt]Jonathan commissions first locally-made warship tomorrow[/size]
On May 31, 2012 · In News
9:08 am

LAGOS — History will be made tomorrow when President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan commissions the first locally made warship, NNS ANDONI, constructed by Nigerian Navy engineers.

The commissioning ceremony will take place at the Nigerian Naval Dockyard, Victoria Island, Lagos.

The 31m Nigerian Navy Seaward Defence Boat (SDB) was conceived as a research and development project by Vice Admiral GTA Adekeye and Rear Admiral GJ Jonah who were then Chief of the Naval Staff and Chief of Naval Engineering respectively.

NNS ANDONI, first locally-made warship constructed by Nigerian Navy engineers, to be commissioned by President Goodluck Jonathan, at the Nigerian Naval Dockyard, Victoria Island, Lagos, tomorrow.

The vessel, which was to be designed and built locally, was patterned after the river town class patrol craft in the Nigerian Navy which include NNS YOLA and NNS BRASS, albeit with several modifications as decided by the design team.

The keel of the SDB was laid at the Nigerian Naval Dockyard by the then Chief of the Naval Staff in December 2007 while full construction commenced in January 2008.

Between January 2008 and April 2009, the structural frames and shell plating of the hull and superstructure were completed while the main propulsion and power generation plants were delivered. Thereafter, the project was suspended due to funding delays until the incumbent Chief of the Naval Staff, Vice Admiral OS Ibrahim revived the project by approving funds for its completion.

This is in furtherance to the remark by the president at the commissioning of NNPC/MPN Satellite Field Development Project Platforms in Lagos on 17 March 2012 when he said: “Our government will continue to support genuine efforts to uplift the country’s economy through Nigerian Content Development and we will continue to encourage the investors to encourage the development of local content.”

The vessel was successfully completed through tenacity, ingenious innovation as well as sincere and focussed leadership, despite the previously highlighted challenges.

It is expected that this leap forward in capacity at the Nigerian Naval Dockyard would herald a future of sustained research and development in the Nigerian Navy towards achieving national transformation.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/jonathan-commissions-first-locally-made-warship-tomorrow/
Nice development! But does it reduce the price of garri and moi moi to us
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 02, 2012
Santi222: U guys call a 31m boat a WARSHIP Na wa oh. Kudos to d NN engineers that built it but the whole thing should not be blown disproportionately out of scale.
It's the media that is blowing it out of proportion. The navy clearly stated it is a Seaward Defence Boat(SDB).
Job well done by the Navy especially the architects, engineers and other technicians that made any form oif input to bring it to fruition.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by naptu2: 6:16am On Jun 02, 2012
This is the type of thing that Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON) and Nigerdock should be doing.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by naptu2: 6:20am On Jun 02, 2012
naptu2: This is the type of thing that Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON) and Nigerdock should be doing.

Instead of producing salt http://www.dicon.gov.ng/aboutus.html
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 02, 2012
Jonathan, there are issues that demands immediate response to that is creating a better environment for better and cheaper production of more sophistication. We have youths who have lots of grills going on in their minds but they dont seem to have a platform to work upon. We have a large land mast for the world to come into if we can secure our ownportal by making available the most important sector the world requires and that is the power sector...

Secure the light problem efficiently and business men will make advance increase into Nigeria and thus we can see in the nearest future, faster and better development pari pasu
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 02, 2012
It's not a warship it's a defence boat, that's what they called it themselve.
Re: Jonathan Commissions NNS ANDONI Warship: Made In Nigeria by made1(m): 5:26pm On Nov 25, 2013
I wonder what kind of war this boat can engage in ..... ALL nah demo. Kudos to the highly skilled professionals that built this awesome WARSHIP .... una don try , but una no try . This vessel could be used as a patrol boat , but please NOT A WARSHIP ............

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osun Tribunal: INEC Closes Case Without Calling Witness / Senate Approves Six RMAFC Board Nominees, Drops One For Security Reasons / 6 Ondo Lawmakers Test Positive For COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.