Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes (37538 Views)

Catalyst Code P0420 & Knock Sensor Code P0328 On My Nissan Maxima / Beware Of Catalyst Stealing Mechanics, Welders And Car Dealers!!!! / Catalyst System Effciency Below Threshold (bank 1) What Does It Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 30, 2012
Kindly send docs to yahoo.com
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 9:27am On Jul 31, 2012
Sent to both of you.
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by ghazzal: 8:32am On Aug 02, 2012
please send docs to ghazzaldecute@yahoo.com

My 2000 nissan altima revs high and consumes fuel than expected(expectation is based on information from other users)
could the catalyst or sensor cause this and can you be of help?
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 11:52am On Aug 02, 2012
High rev is not an indication of catalytic converter failure.
You can bring the car in for diagnosis
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by myke20: 4:10am On Aug 03, 2012
Nice one.recently scanned toyota camry 2003 and got code P1135 reading A/F sensor circuit heater malfunction bank sensor 1.pls what does this mean and how can I correct it.
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 03, 2012
Thanks the info, pls send to alfulanty@gmail.com
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 10:42am On Aug 03, 2012
Myke, I think someone already posted a video solution for you for that issue.
You need to change one of your oxygen sensors.
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by Zagash(m): 6:29am On Aug 04, 2012
Gud effort man,could u pls send d document 2 my mail,adeboye.owoyemi@gmail.com
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by abidav: 12:41pm On Aug 09, 2012
Bros honestly u deserve a round of beer for this post I would love to have ur number
Actually my civic 2004 has d same problem when I bought it from d user its even makin noise but when I get to oyingbo they said they can work it which dey did but still I think my consumption is high pls I will like to know more about this catalyst converter
My e mail is abidav@etisalatng.blackerry.com I d love u to inbox me more info or still ur number so I can call u right away thank
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 1:19pm On Aug 09, 2012
Abidav, do you currently have catalyst codes from your car?
Catalytic converter issues do not reveal themselves in sound so Im not sure about the part about your car making noise.
My number is 08022228273.
Several issues can result in your high fuel consumption and I dont want you to jump to the conclusion that you have a converter issue without having anything specifically pointing you to it
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 4:40pm On Aug 09, 2012
Abidav, the mail returned as failed
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by olalekanba(m): 9:54pm On Aug 09, 2012
@ Nissipart,

I drive 2005 Toyota 4runner SRS 4WD V8 4.7L 84,445 miles, I have a check engine light on with code P0420&PO430 and fuel consumption is now extremely bad.

I also have Low tire pressure warning light on.

kindly advice on what to do?

my e-mail is olalekanbabs@yahoo.com
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 11:53pm On Aug 09, 2012
Aha!
Now, Olalekan's situation is where this fix is actually required.
Will send you the pictorial procedure and you can then decide if you want to go ahead with the repair
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by juliebest(f): 7:28am On Aug 10, 2012
I'm learning. Good work.
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by barc(m): 7:30am On Aug 10, 2012
@OP, are you a techician or you only sell parts and scan vehicles? i drive a mazda tribute 04. Recently i noticed i have to trottle harder to drive uphill. How much do you scan and can you help out with issues that arrive after τ̅Ħ̀ε̅ scanning. Thanks
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 8:12am On Aug 10, 2012
Bar-C, all of the above.
Give me a call on 08022228273
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by olalekanba(m): 8:34am On Aug 12, 2012
nissparts: Aha!
Now, Olalekan's situation is where this fix is actually required.
Will send you the pictorial procedure and you can then decide if you want to go ahead with the repair

@ Nissipart,

what you sent was the link to your facebook page not the pictorial procedure as promised.
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by olalekanba(m): 8:35am On Aug 12, 2012
olalekanba:

@ Nissipart,

what you sent was the link to your facebook page not the pictorial procedure as promised.
\

sorry I just saw the attachment, will check get back to u.
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by Gelatoman: 1:19pm On Aug 15, 2012
Hello Nisspart,

I drive 2005 Avensis. 7Months after i noticed the high fuel consumption. I have service the car including, nozzles and injectors, change d sir filter,change d plugs to original but yet it still consumes. I went for a diagnose but no fault detected. I buy fuel like water these days. I have called you but i guess you are busy or not with you phone. What can i do?

1 Like

Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by igbsam(m): 3:37pm On Aug 15, 2012
I drive 2003 V6 Honda Accord EOD. The rate at which this car consumes fuel is worrisome. I have also service the car including, nozzles and injectors, change the plugs just as gelatoman did, but yet it still consumes serious. I don't know what else to do. Please help a brother out. Also send me the neccessary documents to samuel07us@yahoo.com. I would really appreciate your response. I wouldnt mind visiting your workshop also.
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 8:35am On Aug 17, 2012
Hello All,
Apologies for the delayed response.
Gelatoman, we have spoken.
Igbsam, we'll have to do a diagnosis first.
Give me a call to schedule an appointment.

Cheers
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by Ejike3: 10:55am On Aug 19, 2012
Good day Nissparts, my nissan maxima started misfiring and i noticed high fuel consumption. The mechanic changed the plugs, serviced the injectors but d problem continue. Auto electrician discovered that current is not getting to one of d plugs. He did d wrong thing, he cut d plug cable and join it to another plug cable and all plugs started firing still d engine vibration continued. I got tired of their trial and error yestday, return d plug cables back to their normal position. I went for scan.
Result-
P1320 -Ignition signal primary
P0110 -IAT sensor circuit
P0302 -cylinder 2 misfire
P1105 -map/BARO switch sol/v
pls what should i do?
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 10:38pm On Aug 19, 2012
Ejike, what year is your max?
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by myke20: 3:30am On Aug 21, 2012
Hello nissparts.good morning.mine is a toyota camry big daddy.I scanned and got code p1135 air/fuel sensor heater sensor 1 bank 1.I took it to a mechanic in benin and after like 9hrs dey cud not do anyfin.the oga den said that the brain box is faulty and dat it is nt sendin a rite info to the ecu bla bla bla.when I drove dere I had an average MPG of 18.3 MPG.but as I was leaving dere the fin dropped to 18.1MPG.na wa o.so my question what is the function of this sensor .does it make d car thirstier for fuel and is my average MPG okay for a toyota camry.pls do u know any good place in benin where this problem can be solved cos I don tire.it should be impt to note dat ther removed two of the sensor claining its d oxygen sensor.one on the exhaust manifold oppoiste the radiatir kinda and the other one under the car just before the catalytic converter.dey soaked it in hydraulic sef and after all d crap dey did it still did nt work.so where is the actual positon of that sensor sef
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by Ejike3: 5:04am On Aug 21, 2012
nissparts: Ejike, what year is your max?

Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 7:42pm On Aug 21, 2012
Myke, 18.1mpg is okay for a camry used in Nigeria.

Ejike, you'll need to change all your ignition coils. (What you referred to as plug wires)
I've never heard of someone joining coils before and if I were you i would find another mechanic, quick!
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by Ejike3: 5:56am On Aug 22, 2012
thank u so much. How much is the coil?
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by myke20: 6:29am On Aug 22, 2012
Thanks if u say so.but d fin has dropped to 17.3 today.well I pulled d sensor and noticed oil in the attachment I mean d one u attach d closet to.enclosed here is a pic.is dat where the air/fuel sensor bak 1 sensor 1 is located.if dat is it den I can change it joor.is it normal to find oil dere.pls help.is dere any way d brainb ox can affect dis fin.cos d mechanic said dat dere is no current

Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 12:25pm On Aug 22, 2012
You can change it but it must be a new one.
It is not normal to find oil on the sensor. Are you sure you are pulling the right sensor?
What tool did you use to remove the sensor?
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 12:56pm On Aug 22, 2012
I can get you a brand new Denso universal oxygen sensor for 20k.
It will arrive in 2 weeks.
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by autodoctor: 8:11pm On Aug 23, 2012
Ever wondered what all the warning lights displayed on your car dashboard means (I.e Check Engine, Service Engine Soon, Maintenance required etc). Have you been experiencing a high consumption of petrol by your car? Has your car's performance been on the decline? Have you had all sorts of trial and error technicians compounding your car problems rather that providing lasting solutions? Are you fed up?
DON'T BE.

Just click on the link below for free technical advice and free diagnosis and engine scan. This offer is free to all Nairalanders and only for cars in Abuja.

https://www.nairaland.com/1002588/free-powertrain-scan-cars-abuja#11596927
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by zakaliyu: 10:42pm On Aug 23, 2012
nissparts: Oxygen sensor spacers available!

Please I need the oxygen sensor spacers for my car, it's VW passat V6 4motion. How can I get it in Abuja? And for how much?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Motorcyclist Used CD As The Side Mirror For His Motorcycle In Ondo State. / Would You Buy This Kit Car For N26m? (photos) / This Bicycle Can Be Folded, Charged And Be Used To Charge Other Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.