Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,825 members, 7,956,118 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:19 AM

Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes (38383 Views)

Catalyst Code P0420 & Knock Sensor Code P0328 On My Nissan Maxima / Beware Of Catalyst Stealing Mechanics, Welders And Car Dealers!!!! / Catalyst System Effciency Below Threshold (bank 1) What Does It Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 12:25am On Aug 24, 2012
N5000 each.
You can have it delivered either via one of the bus services or via fedex
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by zakaliyu: 7:23am On Aug 27, 2012
Please do send me the info via zakaliyu75@yahoo.com thank you.
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by calculusx(m): 8:28am On Aug 27, 2012
olalekanba: @ Nissipart,

I drive 2005 Toyota 4runner SRS 4WD V8 4.7L 84,445 miles, I have a check engine light on with code P0420&PO430 and fuel consumption is now extremely bad.

I also have Low tire pressure warning light on.

kindly advice on what to do?

my e-mail is olalekanbabs@yahoo.com

We drive the same SUV but mine is a V6 Engine, i had the same issue with mine some months ago and took it to my mechanic in Mandilas and its now a bygone. After diagnosing my SUV,the VSC and Tire Pressure warning light went off too but after using different guage from different road side vulcanizer, the tire pressure warning light came on again.

P0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)

The catalytic converter is installed in the exhaust and is an important part of the vehicle emission control system. To monitor how well the catalytic converter does its job, there are two oxygen sensors installed in the exhaust: one before and one after the catalytic converter. The engine computer constantly compares the signals from both sensors. If the catalytic converter can no longer do its job, the engine computer turns the Check Engine light and sets the diagnostic trouble code P0420 for Bank1 or P0430 for Bank 2.
There could be a number of reasons for the code P0420, but in most cases, it's the problem with the catalytic converter itself. A failed catalytic converter will have to be replaced. A catalytic converter is quite expensive to fix.

https://www.nairaland.com/1029834/faulty-oxygen-sensor-trouble-codes#11951504
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by donbuchi1(m): 5:27pm On Aug 27, 2012
Nissipart, thanks a million. I appreciate.

Please I have a camry 1999. And it does about 35km on 10litres.

That was after, a panel beater tampered with the catalyst.

3.785 LITRES = 37KM --- CITY (STANDARD)
3.785 LITERS = 48KM ----- HIGH WAY (STANDARD)

I have thought of changing the entire stretch of that compartment from the engine point to the exhaust.

To a brand new one.

Any assistance would be appreciate.
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 3:17pm On Aug 28, 2012
Don, do you have catalyst codes or oxygen sensor codes?
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by uchman(m): 7:05am On Aug 31, 2012
Thank God for you,my vw golf3 gti auto is having exactly same probs@op,most atimes climbing hill will be an uphill task.trailer will be faster than me,making some kind sound from the exaust pipe like pop,as if itz d plug.this happen only,while climbing hill.many mechanics advised me to change the fuel pump...reply pls happyuju89@yahoo.com
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by olalekanba(m): 1:30pm On Sep 01, 2012
Hi Nissparts

pls send me a quote for

1. Catalyst replacement OEM FIT for Toyota 4runner V8 4.7L SR5 4WD

also

2. long tube headers with a o2 simulator fix for the same car. Preferably URD Rear O2 Simulator, 2UZ-FE V8 with JBA Headers + other accessories needed.

thx
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 9:30am On Sep 17, 2012
Discussed.
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by whiteboyswag: 2:22pm On Nov 12, 2012
Drop comprehensive description on. obaniwhiteboy202@yahoo.com . Cheers
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 2:47pm On Nov 12, 2012
Sent
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 13, 2012
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 9:02am On Nov 13, 2012
Sent.
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by jodeci(m): 9:37am On Nov 13, 2012
Nissparts,pls do send to me as well at jodeci54@yahoo.com
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 9:44am On Nov 14, 2012
Sent
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by apala911: 5:00pm On Apr 04, 2013
camary:

Pls kindly send to ibisyerdig at yahoo.com. im expectant.

pls kindly send to adeniyisunday1@yahoo.com

many thanx
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 10:37am On Apr 05, 2013
Sent.
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by Rutse: 7:02pm On Jul 22, 2013
Please send the details of the catalyst issue to rutsearts@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by chikasin4(m): 7:52pm On Jul 22, 2013
nissparts: If anyone needs a pictorial description of this process, drop your email and I'll send it to you. It's a word document with pictures and too heavy to upload here.
pls i need it, chyco4life2@yahoo.com. Thank u, I will need d speccer. My toyota sienna 2000 came wit a welded cut undernet d converter, I scanned it reads PO136 failed oxygen sensor, I changed it wit a used one twice stil d check engine still apears. Can it b dat spacer. Although it did not consume oil or much fuel. D engine sounds good. I need ur help please.
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by bigben3: 11:38pm On Jul 22, 2013
Hi Nisspart,kindly help with this; I just got a Nissan Tiida 2006,manual. It is misfiring. Did a diagnose and got the following;
- cylinder 1 misfire detected
- multiple cylinder misfiring detected
- catalyst efficiency below threshold (bank1)
-intake valve timing control solenoid valve
- electronic throttle control actuator
-IAT sensor 1 circuit high input
- EVAP emission control system purge valve c open

My mechanic suggest
1. Get a complete engine , or
2. Do an engine ringing.

Please,what is your take?

Thanks
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 8:36am On Jul 23, 2013
Big ben, do you hear a whining sound while accelerating?
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 8:44am On Jul 23, 2013
Chikasin, you may need a spacer if you have replaced the sensor and the light is still on.
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by bigben3: 10:33am On Jul 23, 2013
nissparts: Big ben, do you hear a whining sound while accelerating?
Sometimes,yes
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 10:39am On Jul 23, 2013
It is likely you timing chain/belt has moved a tooth or more.
You will need to replace your timing set-up if that's the case
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by auhanson(m): 10:08pm On Jul 29, 2013
nissparts: If anyone needs a pictorial description of this process, drop your email and I'll send it to you. It's a word document with pictures and too heavy to upload here.

Please i need here is the email: au.hanson@gmail.com
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by jpphilips(m): 7:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
nissparts: .....

what spanner size is this spacer? i fear i may get one that may not fit
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 9:27pm On Jul 30, 2013
As long as it's an oxygen sensor, it will fit
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by jpphilips(m): 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2013
nissparts: As long as it's an oxygen sensor, it will fit

spare parts dealers dont know what is oxygen sensor adapter or extenders, i have explained lots of places to no avail, i think its an improvised stuff that matches. what do you use and what is the size you use?
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by jpphilips(m): 10:28pm On Jul 30, 2013
nissparts: Chikasin, you may need a spacer if you have replaced the sensor and the light is still on.

what kind of spacer and what size or spec will match the oxygen sensor hole? i believe it is not designed for it but simply works cos nobody knows dat around here.
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by Gee2728(m): 10:45pm On Jul 30, 2013
Bro,the fuel consuption on my W202 C230 kompressor is going bad by the day. Have thought abt this spacer since I saw it on youtube. Can u get it for my year 2000 C230K pls mail me respons 2 gudalawrence@yahoo.com
nissparts: N5000 each.
You can have it delivered either via one of the bus services or via fedex
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by nissparts(m): 10:57pm On Jul 30, 2013
Only one left.
18mm size thread will fit all regular sized o2 sensors.
It will fit your kompressor
Re: Explaining Catalysts And Catalyst Codes by Gee2728(m): 11:06pm On Jul 30, 2013
You should hav it duplicated cos its a hot stuff to find. Not sure if my car has 2 O2 sensor.
nissparts: Only one left.
18mm size thread will fit all regular sized o2 sensors.
It will fit your kompressor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Watch The 2018 Range Rover Evoque Drive Over The World's Largest Speed Bump / Amazing Transformation Of 1970 Volkswagen Beetle Car (photos) / FRSC Officials In Ibadan Sitting In Their Van Carelessly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.