Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,680 members, 7,809,575 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? (2624 Views)

At 28 No Man Has Ever Approached Me For Sex, A Lady Laments(photo) / Telling Them About Her Past Relationship Keep Driving Them Away- Advise Her. / What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by Gamesmart: 3:00pm On May 31, 2012
Females, would you refuse to date a guy if you know he has cheated on an ex before?

Lets put it into 2 scenarios:

- Lets say it was over 5 years ago when he cheated only once.

- Then what if he was a serial cheat in the past but has been "clean" grin in his last 2 relationships of the past 5 years.

Ladies please address the 2 scenarios. I know the former is better than the latter but I want to know possibilities for both.
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by Mynd44: 7:19pm On May 31, 2012
Let the replies start nah
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by slimyem: 9:22pm On May 31, 2012
^^the op's question is warped kinda!cheesy
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by LaParisienne(f): 9:24pm On May 31, 2012
This is a deal breaker.

Once a cheat, always a cheat. IMO
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by MrCork17: 9:27pm On May 31, 2012
Mr Cork <<<<<< faithful guy & never cheats!!smiley
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by Mynd44: 10:43pm On May 31, 2012
La Parisienne: This is a deal breaker.

So his offences in past relationships hold sway for the present one? Omo see wahala
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by greedie1(f): 11:52pm On May 31, 2012
i wont judge him wit his past but i wont trust him either, He has to earn it... No its not a relationship stopper. I ll give him a try...maybe cz i ve dis tin 4 bad boys gone good
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by LaParisienne(f): 11:57pm On May 31, 2012
Mynd_44:
So his offences in past relationships hold sway for the present one? Omo see wahala

Yes nah, a leopard will never change it spots.

It takes strong will power to change from being a cheat. IMO
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by Mynd44: 12:04am On Jun 01, 2012
La Parisienne:

Yes nah, a leopard will never change it spots.

It takes strong will power to change from being a cheat. IMO
Remind me never to toast you
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by Sagamite(m): 2:10pm On Jun 01, 2012
La Parisienne: This is a deal breaker.

So between a guy like the above and a guy that has never had a serious or long-term relationship (at, lets say, 28 years old plus), which would you choose?
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by kay9(m): 3:49pm On Jun 01, 2012
I wonder why ID and mama chima havent seen this thread...
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by kittykat1(f): 4:38pm On Jun 01, 2012
See Resume. Assessment based on past performance on job hahahaha.
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by LaParisienne(f): 5:52pm On Jun 01, 2012
Mynd_44:
Remind me never to toast you
Are you a serial cheat shocked shocked shocked

Lol
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by LaParisienne(f): 6:07pm On Jun 01, 2012
Sagamite:
So between a guy like the above and a guy that has never had a serious or long-term relationship (at, lets say, 28 years old plus), which would you choose?

I'll choose none. But if the human male is becoming extinct and they are the last men on earth, I'll choose OP's first case scenario. That is, the guy who only cheated once over 5 years ago.

Btw, the second guy you described, what's his story? Does he have a phobia for commitment or he has never met the right person to have a serious relationship with?

I could answer better if I know his story.
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by Sagamite(m): 6:51pm On Jun 01, 2012
La Parisienne:

I'll choose none. But if the human male is becoming extinct and they are the last men on earth, I'll choose OP's first case scenario. That is, the guy who only cheated once over 5 years ago.

Btw, the second guy you described, what's his story? Does he have a phobia for commitment or he has never met the right person to have a serious relationship with?

I could answer better if I know his story.

Just never been interested or made interested. Some were because he wanted fun, some were because he was being picky. A mix and mash.

The girls he has met have never been worth committing to and as he does not cheat he ends it when he feels it is time and then moves on.

Compare him with OP 1st on their own for choice you will make.

Then compare him with OP 2nd on their own for choice you will make.

Which one would you go for in both cases?
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by KevinII(m): 6:56pm On Jun 01, 2012
Sagamite:

Just never been interested or made interested. Some were because he wanted fun, some were because he was being picky. A mix and mash.

The girls he has met have never been worth committing to and as he does not cheat he ends it when he feels it is time and then moves on.

Stop telling us the pitiful story of your life, uncle saka. Go offline and get a girl for chrissakes. It isn't so hard grin grin grin grin
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by Sagamite(m): 7:22pm On Jun 01, 2012
Kevin_II:

Stop telling us the pitiful story of your life, uncle saka. Go offline and get a girl for chrissakes. It isn't so hard grin grin grin grin

person, go and take customers' calls. Maybe one day you will make enough money to go to university instead of lie about it. grin
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by LaParisienne(f): 7:26pm On Jun 01, 2012
Sagamite:

Well, sounds like the guy you described is a sincere person. That for me is a good point.

I'll choose him over the other guys who have a history of cheating.

But before I agree to date hiim, I'll definitely have series of frank discussions with him. I'll need to be certain that he truly wants to be with me and that he is ready for commitment.

Who knows, with hard work and commitment, there could be a fairy tale ending. Lol
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by Sagamite(m): 7:40pm On Jun 01, 2012
La Parisienne:

Well, sounds like the guy you described is a sincere person. That for me is a good point.

I'll choose him over the other guys who have a history of cheating.

But before I agree to date hiim, I'll definitely have series of frank discussions with him. I'll need to be certain that he truly wants to be with me and that he is ready for commitment.

Who knows, with hard work and commitment, there could be a fairy tale ending. Lol

That looked too easy. Let me spice it up. grin

So you would choose him even though he has dated over 30 girls before he was 28 and always has se[i]x[/i] with them before breaking up? You would still choose him over the other 2?
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:50pm On Jun 01, 2012
kay9: I wonder why ID and mama chima havent seen this thread...

i don land! grin grin grin grin

poster, i'll date both cus i believe in change.
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by yme1(f): 8:05pm On Jun 01, 2012
The truth is they are humans and the fact they owned up to being a cheat before doesn't mean they won't be a cheat again if given the chance and if they still lack self discipline & vice versa
The fact is I can do both, whats the assurance that the next clean dude who has never cheated won't come out of the blue & cheat on me?
People change and in most cases it is for real.
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by Mynd44: 8:05pm On Jun 01, 2012
La Parisienne:
Are you a serial cheat shocked shocked shocked

Lol
Not that. Just that if you can be so frigid about past behaviours, Lawd knows what else you are rigid about
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:06pm On Jun 01, 2012
y me: The truth is they are humans and the fact they owned up to being a cheat before doesn't mean they won't be a cheat again if given the chance and if they still lack self discipline & vice versa
The fact is I can do both, whats the assurance that the next clean dude who has never cheated won't come out of the blue & cheat on me?

dats my asanwa! la parista is high o!

her guy don nack housegal tire sef cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by Sagamite(m): 8:11pm On Jun 01, 2012
y me: The truth is they are humans and the fact they owned up to being a cheat before doesn't mean they won't be a cheat again if given the chance and if they still lack self discipline & vice versa

What about the serial dater/shagger I described above in multiple posts?

Idowuogbo:

And you too. Answer.
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by LaParisienne(f): 8:14pm On Jun 01, 2012
Sagamite:

That looked too easy. Let me spice it up. grin

So you would choose him even though he has dated over 30 girls before he was 28 and always has se[i]x[/i] with them before breaking up? You would still choose him over the other 2?

Lol@spicing the question up cheesy cheesy cheesy

30 women shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.

Hope he used protection sha, and his health is pure grin

I'll choose him, at least he is sincere about his life. He didn't cheat on anybody.

But before commiting to him, mehn I really need to be sure of his motive cool
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by yme1(f): 8:15pm On Jun 01, 2012
Sagamite:

are u referring to the above question?
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by Mynd44: 8:23pm On Jun 01, 2012
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by LaParisienne(f): 8:23pm On Jun 01, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Somebody wants to dieeeeeeee. That kind house gal, I go give am walk and die. That is, while walking, she'll suddenly stand and die without falling grin grin

Thank goodness, I dont believe in live-in house gals. Visiting house keepers more like cool

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:27pm On Jun 01, 2012
La Parisienne:

Somebody wants to dieeeeeeee. T[b]hat kind house gal, I go give am walk and die. That is, she walk'll and suddenly stand and die without falling[/b] grin grin

Thank goodness, I dont believe in live-in house gals. Visiting house keepers more like cool

roftlmaoooo!!!

u need drip i swear!grin grin grin grin
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by yme1(f): 8:28pm On Jun 01, 2012
Sagamite:

What about the serial dater/shagger I described above in multiple posts?

And you too. Answer.
Call me crazy but I will definitely go for him grin
That means he is over skilled in the sexual department cheesy cheesy, damn! free lessons cheesy
actually that won't stop me from dating him, so far I know this time HE IS MINE AND MINE ALONE kiss kiss
Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by LaParisienne(f): 8:30pm On Jun 01, 2012
Mynd_44:
Not that. Just that if you can be so frigid about past behaviours, Lawd knows what else you are rigid about

Lol. I'm not frigid, just anti bullshiit wink

I'm the sweetest woman God has ever created, go figure cool

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Cheated Before In A Past Relationship, Is It A Relationship Stopper? by Sagamite(m): 8:30pm On Jun 01, 2012

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Between Two Ladies And A Job / What Do You All Think Of Girls With Sleepy Eyes? / Would You Encourage He Or She To Continue To Endure Eh?? Na Wa O!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.