Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,724 members, 7,837,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Youths!!! When Exactly Is Tomorrow? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youths!!! When Exactly Is Tomorrow? (558 Views)

Nigerian Youths When Is Your Future / What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State? / What Exactly Is "boko Haram" Fighting For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youths!!! When Exactly Is Tomorrow? by deshysmalls(m): 7:23pm On May 31, 2012
Muhammadu Buhari (born December 17, 1942) was a Major General in the Nigerian Army and a former military ruler of Nigeria from December 31, 1983 to August 27, 1985. He also ran unsuccessfully for the office of the President of Nigeria in the 2003, 2007 and 2011 elections.

General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida CFR DSS mni (born August 17, 1941), popularly known as IBB, was a Nigerian Army officer and military ruler of Nigeria. He ruled Nigeria from his coup against Major General Muhammadu Buhari on August 27, 1985 until his departure from office on August 27, 1993 after his annulment of elections held on June 12 that year.

When these men began to rule Nigeria, i wasn't formed in the womb. After i was born, there was and there still is a popular saying that... Youths are the leaders of tomorrow. Fast forward to 2012 these guys still harbor the ambition of contesting the 2014 elections.
Now i am over 20yrs and the ones before me are over 30yrs, some have even approached 40yrs and beyond which makes this question continually flirt with my brain...
WHEN EXACTLY IS TOMORROW?
Re: Youths!!! When Exactly Is Tomorrow? by dasparrow: 6:24am On Jun 01, 2012
deshysmalls: Muhammadu Buhari (born December 17, 1942) was a Major General in the Nigerian Army and a former military ruler of Nigeria from December 31, 1983 to August 27, 1985. He also ran unsuccessfully for the office of the President of Nigeria in the 2003, 2007 and 2011 elections.

General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida CFR DSS mni (born August 17, 1941), popularly known as IBB, was a Nigerian Army officer and military ruler of Nigeria. He ruled Nigeria from his coup against Major General Muhammadu Buhari on August 27, 1985 until his departure from office on August 27, 1993 after his annulment of elections held on June 12 that year.

When these men began to rule Nigeria, i wasn't formed in the womb. After i was born, there was and there still is a popular saying that... Youths are the leaders of tomorrow. Fast forward to 2012 these guys still harbor the ambition of contesting the 2014 elections.
Now i am over 20yrs and the ones before me are over 30yrs, some have even approached 40yrs and beyond which makes this question continually flirt with my brain...
WHEN EXACTLY IS TOMORROW?

You should know by now that Nigeria holds no future for the youth and future leaders of tomorrow. In other words, tomorrow as far as political power is concerned will never come. The older generation has refused to make way for the younger ones to lead and they keep recycling the same ole' corrupt politicians. The Nigerian political climate has made it so and it will take a bloody revolution like was done in Ghana to get these elderly corrupt politicians out of the way for the younger generation to rule.
Re: Youths!!! When Exactly Is Tomorrow? by Dawdy(m): 7:02am On Jun 01, 2012
;Dtomorrow is saturday ;Dtomorrow is saturday
Re: Youths!!! When Exactly Is Tomorrow? by deshysmalls(m): 8:36am On Jun 03, 2012
@ Dasparrow, you have got a really good point there only a revolution can clear up this mess but the big question again is are people including you and i ready to take part in this revolution? Reminds me of a certain OCCUPY NIGERIA.
Re: Youths!!! When Exactly Is Tomorrow? by redsun(m): 8:57am On Jun 03, 2012
Tomorrow to average nigerian youths means looting and maiming the system. They try to copy the elders like obj that are leading dem blind.

They are not idealistic,they are not principled and they are not rational. Just like the ones above dem.

It is a vicious circle of recircled ignorance.
Re: Youths!!! When Exactly Is Tomorrow? by deshysmalls(m): 4:25pm On Jun 04, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm RECYCLED IGNORANCE... What a phrase!!!

(1) (Reply)

Matters Arising After The Careless Dana Plane Crash / Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Failed To Raise Capable Leaders / Chairman Of The House Committee On Narcotic And Financial Crimes Denies Receivin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.