Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? (3588 Views)

Return To Igboland Now – MASSOB Tells Ndigbo / Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives / Do We Really Need State Police In Nigeria? Is Our Federal Police Not Performing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 5:48pm On Jun 02, 2012
One of the topmost PDP Senators (a leading member of that chamber) maintains a suite at NICON HILTON Abuja.
That suit costs hundreds of thousands of Naira EVERY DAY, and he has another house in Abuja o.
That NICON suite is just a "slaughter house". angry
That is his own contribution to development of SE. sad
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by jason123: 7:34pm On Jun 02, 2012
Onlytruth: This question has bugged my mind for weeks and months now. It has got to the stage that I cannot sleep well at nights while pondering this question. I remember vividly how we lobbied (at least added our voices) to the appointment of Anyim Pius Anyim to the position of Secretary to the Federal Government. There are such other Igbo personalities now as Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and others. I would not be exaggerating if I say that we hold strategic positions in this government.

Why is Enugu International Airport "upgrade" looking like a glorified hen house project?
Why didn't the Federal Government include Enugu as one of the international airports to be concessioned alongside Lagos, Abuja, Kano and Port Harcourt?

Is it that Igbo heartlands must continue to be denied international access or something more sinister?

These PDP Igbo Federal officials should tell us what projects (any project at all) they have attracted to the SE. They are there because we voted for Jonathan.
As for Jonathan, unless he is not going to need Igbo votes again, he should take this personally.
This continued marginalization of Igboland, even with Igbo sons/daughters in strategic Federal positions should give us reason and pause for thorough introspection. I hate PDP (not that APGA has impressed me too much but it is still better than PDP in defending Igbo interests in Nigeria) for this reason. If any Igbo thinks that I'm wrong for hating PDP, he should come here and put forward a contrary view; let the readers decide. It is not enough that your local PDP governor may be working. It is time we start thinking COLLECTIVELY for our survival in Nigeria. If we cannot survive in Nigeria by confronting the local challenges, how can we survive out of Nigeria by confronting international challenges?

So, let's answer this question honestly.

Here I stand.

Signed,

Onlytruth, ndu di n'eziokwu 1 of Igboland, Eze Ndigbo Nairaland. cool cool cool

This is why:

Kano

KANO
TOTAL PASSENGER 292,055

Enugu

Enugu 102,541

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/ext/latest_release/ssd09.pdf
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by odumchi: 8:39pm On Jun 02, 2012
Frankly, it's quite obvious that one musn't depend entirely on the FG for anything whether it be something as small as a road repair or as large as an airport. Unfortunately, this is the problem that is not only affecting the Igbo but Nigeria as a whole.

Were it not for the determination of Igbo individuals, Igboland would have been in shambles by now. This simple fact again attests to the culture of selfishness imbued within some of our politicians; they work for their personal aims and leave the people in the dust. I once heard someone ask what the difference bertween Southern and Northern politicans was and the reply was that Southern politicans steal money and deposit it into their own pockets, while Northern politicans steal money and develop their land with it.

In actuality, the only ways that the Igbo Nigerians are able to get things done the way they want are in the state and local government level.
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 8:48pm On Jun 02, 2012
jason123:

This is why:

Kano

Enugu

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/ext/latest_release/ssd09.pdf

Not that I value Nigerian statistics much, because they are political tools.
Nevertheless, even your own statistics fail you if you look again, and this time more carefully.

Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2012
^^ Contd.
Now if you add a statistically very SIGNIFICANT + or - 30% of traffic at Lagos which usually terminates in SE, the Enugu and Owerri airports if given full international operations, would dwarf Kano, and even Abuja.

You people should learn to speak the truth always even if it hurts you.
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by jason123: 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

Not that I value Nigerian statistics much, because they are political tools.
Nevertheless, even your own statistics fail you if you look again, and this time more carefully.

Thanks for the info. I got the stats from this same website. Na wa o!
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by PointB: 8:52pm On Jun 02, 2012
Onlytruth: Our emancipation will begin the very day we kick PDP to the curb.
I wonder who would debate the fact that the two APGA governors in SE are the best governors there.
They are really thinking about EVERY of our problems.
Our PDP big men are only kissing assses and have ZERO projects to show for them.
At least our APGA governors have things to show.
Our PDP people have NOTHING to show us. And BTW they all live in Abuja. angry

Well, Eze I agree, but not totally. The APGA governors in SE are very diligent visionary, who know what they want and are consistently pursuing it, despite some opposition. But we cannot totally cast aside the PDP governor - Sullivan Chime, who has transformed Enugu state.

Yet still, one APGA governor has GEJ ears, what has he been whispering to him. Governor Obi is doing well (IMHO), but I am yet the see the benefit of his being in GEJ economic team.
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 8:57pm On Jun 02, 2012
odumchi: Frankly, it's quite obvious that one musn't depend entirely on the FG for anything whether it be something as small as a road repair or as large as an airport. Unfortunately, this is the problem that is not only affecting the Igbo but Nigeria as a whole.

Were it not for the determination of Igbo individuals, Igboland would have been in shambles by now. This simple fact again attests to the culture of selfishness imbued within some of our politicians; they work for their personal aims and leave the people in the dust. I once heard someone ask what the difference bertween Southern and Northern politicans was and the reply was that Southern politicans steal money and deposit it into their own pockets, while Northern politicans steal money and develop their land with it.

In actuality, the only ways that the Igbo Nigerians are able to get things done the way they want are in the state and local government level.

Very good observation.
In order words, we don't really need the federal government of Nigeria for anything.
Let us get it into our heads and render any federally focused party irrelevant in Igboland.
Let us do this and reclaim our future!
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by ak47mann(m): 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2012
my cousin have to travel all the way to Lagos to get his British visa do u no how risky it is driving that Benin ore road just for visa the reason we don't have embassy in SE is because of lack of int airport i believe strongly oyibo will even prefer opening their embassies in the east but tribalism will not let them do it,so that is why i don't care about Nigeria we can all sink together if things are not balanced the way it suppose to be cool
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Dede1(m): 9:01pm On Jun 02, 2012
Onlytruth: ^^ Contd.
Now if you add a statistically very SIGNIFICANT + or - 30% of traffic at Lagos which usually terminates in SE, the Enugu and Owerri airports if given full international operations, would dwarf Kano, and even Abuja.

To ask a non-Igbo Nigerian to speak the truth on the issue that slightly favor Ndigbo in the contest of Nigeria polity is akin to pulling a tooth.
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 9:06pm On Jun 02, 2012
PointB:

Well, Eze I agree, but not totally. The APGA governors in SE are very diligent visionary, who know what they want and are consistently pursuing it, despite some opposition. But we cannot totally cast aside the PDP governor - Sullivan Chime, who has transformed Enugu state.

Yet still, one APGA governor has GEJ ears, what has he been whispering to him. Governor Obi is doing well (IMHO), but I am yet the see the benefit of his being in GEJ economic team.

My brother my dream remains that the rest of Igbo states go APGA.
With all humility and sense of responsibility, I don't think that Enugu governor is Igbo focused enough for my liking, thanks to PDP. How many times have you seen Chime say anything about Igbo interest? I know that we are faced with a cache 22 situation because he is working in Enugu city that we see. Some have argued on this site that he is neglecting other parts of Enugu. For me, anybody in SE who is not thinking collectively is not achieving a damn thing, because Enugu is part of SE, and we rise or fall together. That Enugu airport would have been among the first to be concessioned to be upgraded to world class level, but alas, Chime's PDP yoke won't let him hustle and agitate seriously for it. I make bold to state that an APGA governor in Enugu would have attracted more respect from Jonathan, and any request by such governor would not fall on deaf ears. Peter Obi has been able to get Onitsha port almost completed, while our Enugu is relegated to "second phase" nation wide airports upgrade. A second phase that may never come.

Nwanne my mind is made up about PDP. sad
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Dede1(m): 9:07pm On Jun 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

Very good observation.
In order words, we don't really need the federal government of Nigeria for anything.
Let us get it into our heads and render any federally focused party irrelevant in Igboland.
Let us do this and reclaim our future!

Bros, you are still talking about to render any federally focused party irrelevant in Igbo land. I want Igbo land out of Nigeria entirely.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 9:09pm On Jun 02, 2012
Dede1:

To ask a non-Igbo Nigerian to speak the truth on the issue that slightly favor Ndigbo in the contest of Nigeria polity is akin to pulling a tooth.

hehehe! grin grin cheesy cool
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by ak47mann(m): 9:15pm On Jun 02, 2012
Dede1:

Bros, you are still talking about to render any federally focused party irrelevant in Igbo land. I want Igbo land out of Nigeria entirely.
that will be a good turn around for us,then we can have a breathing space and build a correct city for our children and the next generation to enjoy a beautiful and safe country wink
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 9:17pm On Jun 02, 2012
@PointB,

Nna eh, if there is at least ONE solid project by the federal government in SE, and we see that work has started on it(like that second Niger bridge), we would have something to hold onto while we wait.
Nsogbu adighi bros,

Ihe merenu bu ka anyi na elegodi anya na afo a.
Honestly, if by year's end we have nothing to show (and we will have nothing to show, mark my words) we should leave PDP this year.
We should leave PDP before 2015 unless there is a MAJOR political concession the party is willing to give to Ndigbo in 2015, else I would even encourage YOU [b]PointB [/b]to go and run for Presidency under any party. cool I will mobilize votes for you. cool
As long as we don't vote those who would retain institutional marginalization of Ndigbo in Nigeria, I will sleep better at nights, knowing that we never voted for them.
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by PointB: 9:21pm On Jun 02, 2012
@OnlyTruth,
I don't really care about what become of PDP in Igboland or Nigeria, I support people that offer Igboland hope. That's why I like how Obi has and Rochas are building road in the hinterland, even though some may have reservation about the overall quality. The gesture is very much welcome. On the Chime Airport issue, I agree we don't see him shout and scream about the airport, but one can only wonder what is happening in the background. But I rate him on high on the Enugu monorail vision, even though serious work is yet to commence.

As for the Onitsha port, I am yet to shout halleluyah, until I actually see commercial activities commence there. And by the way, I have not heard Governor Obi's voice recently on the issue of second Niger bridge. I thinks that and Onitsha port are his babies.

Finally, I want Obi and Rochas to be more involved in buiding the APGA brand, or jettisoning the party and forming another if external forces are bent on keeping the parties in the fringes.
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 9:25pm On Jun 02, 2012
Dede1:

Good, but we need a party.
In Sudan, they had Sudan peoples Liberation Movement. It is a party formed out of the Sudan Peoples Liberation Army.
Maybe we should form such a party, though the Nigerian authorities would never register such party.
My point is that we have to start a party that brings in elite Igbo, not just the masses like MASSOB is doing.
Our elite would determine our political future.
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by PointB: 9:25pm On Jun 02, 2012
Onlytruth: @PointB,

Nna eh, if there is at least ONE solid project by the federal government in SE, and we see that work has started on it(like that second Niger bridge), we would have something to hold onto while we wait.
Nsogbu adighi bros,

Ihe merenu bu ka anyi na elegodi anya na afo a.
Honestly, if by year's end we have nothing to show (and we will have nothing to show, mark my words) we should leave PDP this year.
We should leave PDP before 2015 unless there is a MAJOR political concession the party is willing to give to Ndigbo in 2015, else I would even encourage YOU [b]PointB [/b]to go and run for Presidency under any party. cool I will mobilize votes for you. cool
As long as we don't vote those who would retain institutional marginalization of Ndigbo in Nigeria, I will sleep netter at nights, knowing that we never voted for them.

Lol. Pointb for Presidency,
I don't have the stomach for frontline political office. I think myself a strategist, not the foreman. Thanks for the confidence though.
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 9:34pm On Jun 02, 2012
PointB: @OnlyTruth,
I don't really care about what become of PDP in Igboland or Nigeria, I support people that offer Igboland hope. That's why I like how Obi has and Rochas are building road in the hinterland, even though some may have reservation about the overall quality. The gesture is very much welcome. On the Chime Airport issue, I agree we don't see him shout and scream about the airport, but one can only wonder what is happening in the background. But I rate him on high on the Enugu monorail vision, even though serious work is yet to commence.

As for the Onitsha port, I am yet to shout halleluyah, until I actually see commercial activities commence there. And by the way, I have not heard Governor Obi's voice recently on the issue of second Niger bridge. I thinks that and Onitsha port are his babies.

Finally, I want Obi and Rochas to be more involved in buiding the APGA brand, or jettisoning the party and forming another if external forces are bent on keeping the parties in the fringes.

Honestly, our future really depends more on Rochas and Obi, from what I've obversed. I thank God for Rochas in particular because he gives me a different kind of hope for political leadership in Igboland, APGA or no APGA.
I am only convinced, that only those governors who think for collective SE and Igbo good are good enough.
Enugu governor for instance needs to understand how important the city and the airport is to SE, and hustle for it like mad. Peter Obi (though not PDP) still needs to hustle for the second Niger bridge and the port at Onitsha because both will serve Igboland. PDP governors have not shown much commitment to the collective. They have been reclusive towards collective Igbo interests somehow, and I blame PDP for it. All these can still change if they prove me wrong tomorrow and actually hustle for us. Within 8 years of Obasanjo presidency, I know how Yoruba almost cornered the whole Nigerian oil wealth. Love them or hate them, those Yorubas are militant with their interests.
That is why they are getting more attention than we that enthroned PDP.
Nwanne eziokwu ike na acho igwu m. sad
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 9:38pm On Jun 02, 2012
PointB:

Lol. Pointb for Presidency,
I don't have the stomach for frontline political office. I think myself a strategist, not the foreman. Thanks for the confidence though.

lol, grin cheesy was pulling your legs though. I don't want you to die yet. We need you for eventual real job of getting us out of the Nigerian jungle. That is more important than any Nigerian presidency position for which one can lose his life.
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by PointB: 9:43pm On Jun 02, 2012
Onlytruth:

Honestly, our future really depends more on Rochas and Obi, from what I've obversed. I thank God for Rochas in particular because he gives me a different kind of hope for political leadership in Igboland, APGA or no APGA.
I am only convinced, that only those governors who think for collective SE and Igbo good are good enough.
Enugu governor for instance needs to understand how important the city and the airport is to SE, and hustle for it like mad. Peter Obi (though not PDP) still needs to hustle for the second Niger bridge and the port at Onitsha because both will serve Igboland. PDP governors have not shown much commitment to the collective. They have been reclusive towards collective Igbo interests somehow, and I blame PDP for it. All these can still change if they prove me wrong tomorrow and actually hustle for us. Within 8 years of Obasanjo presidency, I know how Yoruba almost cornered the whole Nigerian oil wealth. Love them or hate them, those Yorubas are militant with their interests.
That is why they are getting more attention than we that enthroned PDP.
Nwanne eziokwu ike na acho igwu m. sad

Ike agwu la ghi nwanne m, eze m
We have to keep mounting pressure on our elected official, whether PDP or APGA to do the right thing. Frankly the period before 2015 is very crucial in both economic and political emancipation of Igboland, we must not relent!
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 9:53pm On Jun 02, 2012
The question was even triggered because of the Enugu airport project that someone posted earlier. Then I started thinking.
Here is the map of how Nigeria voted.
Why is PDP upgrading Kano that voted for CPC, but not Enugu that voted for PDP?
Which kain politrick is this?
So, no matter how you ask this question, it doesn't give a good answer.
See map! (sorry Musiwa sad )

Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 9:58pm On Jun 02, 2012
By demand, Enugu international airport dwarfs Kano.
By political investment, Enugu holds more PDP stocks than Kano.
So, why is Kano being concessioned to be upgraded to world class status, while Enugu is stepped over?
These are CRITICAL questions facing us my Igbo brothers.
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by ak47mann(m): 10:14pm On Jun 02, 2012
this is what i love about my professional people, the ones from Diasporas should come home and contribute, improving our health system, cancer awareness,show us the commitment install equipment that will help our women to know more about their health and encouragement for them to go for a regular check ups on bosom care education i love it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_Oj0gnHXG0

they teach the young local doctors too brilliant cool cool sorry for some viewers the pix is quiet disturbing....
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by ak47mann(m): 10:24pm On Jun 02, 2012
you see the reason why we need an int airport in SE,it will bring investment and a lot of things to the grass roots...
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by FACE(m): 10:30pm On Jun 02, 2012
Onlytruth: ^^ Contd.

Spot on. All airports in the north are operational international airports with the exception of markurdi airport. According to the last stats (2009) from FAAN. Katsina int. airport had more international passengers than domestic passengers. All the int airports in the north get a significant portion of their passenger numbers from int flights.

Now according to FAAN, Enugu and Owerri airports handle more domestic passengers and flights than any airport in the north apart from Abuja. Enugu had 6286 flights and 366592 passengers while Kano domestic handled 4135 flights and 188722 passengers and kano internation 1971 flights and 134760 passengers making a total of 6106 flights and 323482 passengers. Owerri had 4362 flights and 276962 passengers which also surpass kano domestic.

http://faannigeria.org/documents/statistics/2009-Annual-Passenger-Traffic.pdf

http://faannigeria.org/documents/statistics/2009-Annual-Aircraft-Movement.pdf

Given that international passengers from the east end up somewhere near Owerri, Enugu or PH;granting full international status to Owerri and Enugu will see both airports alsopicking up numbers in international flights and passengers.

Finally, I think it is criminal that nearly all the airports in the north have full international airport status while airports like Enugu, Owerri, Benin and Warri remain local airports. This summarises the cheating that goes on in Nigeria.

Regarding what our reps do in Abuja; mostAll of them only go there to grab their own share of GMG bags and I don't think it is a PDP thing. Ngige is regarded as a progressive, but have you opened the webpages anyday and seen any thing (bill, proposal etc) credited to him? It is time to start teaching them a lesson. They have been going scot free because the electorate only focus on their governors and not realising that their reps are also accountable to them. We should start educating our people about the responsibilities of our reps.

Ndu_Chucks, yes we can accomplish a lot on our own if we tried harder, just like we achieved Sam Mbakwe Airport on our own; just like we set up Anambra and Imo universities as pioneer state universities in Nigeria when we realised that quota system and being "educationally advantaged" were holding us down. Yes, that is our new message; a message of self help and economic growth just like our fathers did, just like we plan and execute during our christmas meetings in Ala Igbo. However, heaven knows that we are not going to forfeit our own fair share of federal government projects because of self help; if not every state should self help and leave FG alone.

3 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:20pm On Jun 02, 2012
FACE: Ndu_Chucks, yes we can accomplish a lot on our own if we tried harder, just like we achieved Sam Mbakwe Airport on our own; just like we set up Anambra and Imo universities as pioneer state universities in Nigeria when we realised that quota system and being "educationally advantaged" were holding us down. Yes, that is our new message; a message of self help and economic growth just like our fathers did, just like we plan and execute during our christmas meetings in Ala Igbo. However, heaven knows that we are not going to forfeit our own fair share of federal government projects because of self help; if not every state should self help and leave FG alone.

^^^The bolded mirrors my thoughts on this whole issue. While we encourage (or harass if need be angry) our Reps, Governors and Local Gov't Chairmen (yes, we shouldn't forget the LGA Chairmen- most of them are happy that they seem to have disappeared beneath our radar so that they can chop and plunder our resources in peace- the bastards!!!) to do more and manage our lean resources better, we shouldn't forget to demand for our due from the centre.

Considering that there's hardly anything to show for our being part of this 'nation' since the end of the civil war, i reckon Ndigbo are well within their rights to demand for the backlog of arrears owed us due to decades of neglect. I don't think giving special attention to the South East (SE) for a world-class Int'l Airport, a 2nd Niger Bridge, and a working/well-equipped River Port is too much to ask.

It seems you only get the attention of the Federal Gov't when you affect their bottom-line (like MEND and the bokos have done wink). Apart from that, you get nothing but only that which is your pathetic due in the general scheme of things. The kidnappings and armed robberies going on in the SE is like its happening on another planet as far as the Federal Gov't is concerned, b'cos it's mainly Igbos being affected and dying; the moment they take it nationwide, watch how the centre will start asking for dialogue and offering appeasement and amnesty.
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by nduchucks: 1:08am On Jun 03, 2012
FACE: However, heaven knows that we are not going to forfeit our own fair share of federal government projects because of self help; if not every state should self help and leave FG alone.

nwanne FACE, kedu? It is most unwise to forfeit "your share" of federal government projects. In orser to achieve that, Ndigbo must understand the process which leads to the selection of which projects will be funded. The decisions are typically made by the Federal executive council.

Ndigbo needs to answer the following questions:

(1)Who are the Igbo members of that council?
(2)Are Igbos holding these Igbo members accountable?
(3)Are Igbo governors doing anything to demand that the projects important to Igbos are implemented?
(4)When are Igbo youths going to take their peaceful protests to Abuja to let their concerns be known?
(5)What were the pledges GEJ made to Ndigbo during his campaign?

If you all do not have answers to these questions, I'm afraid you will get nowhere.
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Obiagu1(m): 10:25am On Jun 03, 2012
Chyz*:

The Minister of Aviation has nothing to do with why Ibiam Airport was not included in the upgrades. [size=14pt]She could only take orders.[/size]

This sums it up. Thank you.
People should stop trying to shift blame and turn our people to culprits when the blame squarely lies with the President. Call a spade a spade! I hate spinning.
Common Secretary to the federal government has to be blamed for zero projects in Igboland and minister of finance too SMH
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Demdem(m): 4:14pm On Jun 03, 2012
Onlytruth: One of the topmost PDP Senators (a leading member of that chamber) maintains a suite at NICON HILTON Abuja.
That suit costs hundreds of thousands of Naira EVERY DAY, and he has another house in Abuja o.
That NICON suite is just a "slaughter house". angry
That is his own contribution to development of SE. sad

Senator Ekweremadu
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 4:36pm On Jun 03, 2012
Obiagu1:

This sums it up. Thank you.
People should stop trying to shift blame and turn our people to culprits when the blame squarely lies with the President. Call a spade a spade! I hate spinning.
Common Secretary to the federal government has to be blamed for zero projects in Igboland and minister of finance too SMH

I wouldn't call it spinning that ALL our federal reps (most of whom are PDP members) don't care a hoot about SE. THAT IS FACT. It is very convenient to keep blaming a president from a minority tribe who cannot even get projects for his own state. How many has he attracted to Bayelsa state? It pays to actually think about situations in Nigeria before knowing who to blame. If you look carefully Jonathan is having Igbo around him because he wants to tap in and hide under our majority umbrella to rule Nigeria, because he can't rule Nigeria as Ijaw. Gowon did the same thing using Hausa/Fulani to rule. That is called political reality. My anger is that people from the majority tribe (our people) that he is using, are fearful and cowardly, behaving like minorities. What would happen to Okonjo Iweala or Anyim if they go to Ohanaeze or the media and lament our plight? If they do so, they will attract broader Igbo attention to the problem and scare off other groups who are opposed to more concession to Igboland. Instead they are expecting a minority president to take the political risk by confronting majority groups from other zones (Yoruba for example) to solve problems in Igboland. This is what a DORA AKUNYILI would have done if she is there. There is a time you look more inwards to seek solutions to your problem. The enemy is not always outside.
BTW the Secretary to the Fed Gov or the current Minister of Finance, are NOT "common" positions in Nigeria.
If you add the Chief of Army Staff, you would see that Ndigbo are not holding "common" positions in this government.
Let's stop picking easy targets to blame for our problems.
It is a type of cowardice. sad
Re: Ndigbo: What Projects Have Our Federal Representatives Brought To Igboland? by Onlytruth(m): 4:45pm On Jun 03, 2012
ndu_chucks:

nwanne FACE, kedu? It is most unwise to forfeit "your share" of federal government projects. In orser to achieve that, Ndigbo must understand the process which leads to the selection of which projects will be funded. The decisions are typically made by the Federal executive council.

Ndigbo needs to answer the following questions:

(1)Who are the Igbo members of that council?
(2)Are Igbos holding these Igbo members accountable?
(3)Are Igbo governors doing anything to demand that the projects important to Igbos are implemented?
(4)When are Igbo youths going to take their peaceful protests to Abuja to let their concerns be known?
(5)What were the pledges GEJ made to Ndigbo during his campaign?

If you all do not have answers to these questions, I'm afraid you will get nowhere.

I only highlighted very apt and relevant questions in your post.
Thanks for making a positive contribution to this debate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Easterners, What Are Your "Biafra Stories"? / Amazing Thought-provoking Painting "Beijing 2008" By Chinese-canadian Artist Liu / The Second Coming Of Biafra (Igbos Vs Hausa Fulani)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.