Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... (5618 Views)

Election Couple Getting Married This Weekend (photos) / Run When A Woman Says: I Need Us To Have This Conversation / Can You Really Tame An Extravagant Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 02, 2012
Well I can say dat I've lived life, tasted d good part of life but wen it comes 2 commitment, I avoid it like a plague, I feel what's d use to go in2 one, as chances are u'd get ur heart broken I was there twice & I saw what my friendz (both male & female) also went through in d hands of their partners & thought why don't I fly solo & enjoy my life. I graduated in 2005 with a first class in chemical engineering & later got a scholarship to do my masters in oil & gas in d Uk, wen I finished d program, I came back 2d country & secured a job with Total which I later turned down even after writing their tests & interviews I felt it was going 2 cage me as I wanted to explore many things in life, u may call me silly as that wat friends always thot some even felt I didn't deserve my brains and dat Im too pretty & flashy to be so intelligent but I don't really like d idea of being tied down 2 one job I'm a very independent lady, a successful & smart business woman. I stay in a fully furnished 2 bedroom apartment & I drive a Bmw X6, I've traveled to four different countries & still counting coz my arss is neva in one place. I love outings & occasions alot, I'm d very adventurous type, I'm outspoken & its difficult for anyone to outsmart me. Now here's where d problem comes in; A job was secured for me by my mum (without my knowledge) in a well known multinational oil & gas company here & my mum is reigning fire & brimstone if I don't accept d job & settle down b4 december & live like a responsible woman. She's not comfortable with d fact dat I'm always on d move up and down, here and there. She has told me that if I don't settle down dis year, I shouldn't call her again. She &my dad had just 2 of us, I'm 29 and my kid brother is 21 he's studying in the US. How do I get myself to accept commitment and marriage undecided ? Should I take d job & live a life I'm not used to? Sounds easy but not for me....

1 Like

Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by Mynd44: 7:58pm On Jun 02, 2012
Sounds like you are arrogant

3 Likes

Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 02, 2012
Mynd_44: Sounds like you are arrogant

Sounds nice, its the first time someone is saying that to me smiley

1 Like

Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by slimyem: 8:21pm On Jun 02, 2012
no one can make you do what you really don't want to!
Even if you enter into a relationship right now and get settled before december,you'll be doing it for your mum and not yourself which is an easy road to disaster!
don't get into a relationship until you are ready to make sacrifices that come with being in one!(you don't sound the least bit ready!)
life your life as you like but remember...tick tock,tick tock!!
Figure!cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by Mynd44: 8:21pm On Jun 02, 2012
xxhoney:

Sounds nice, its the first time someone is saying that to me smiley
Sorry I did not mean for it to sound nice
Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 02, 2012
Mynd_44:
Sorry I did not mean for it to sound nice

I certainly know u didn't but I just liked d fact that for once someone thot I sounded arrogant cos people always say I sound nice grin

2 Likes

Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by ITbomb(m): 8:50pm On Jun 02, 2012
Moving ur azzz from one country to another? Sorry I didn't get that right , what exactly are you trading? Have u been to Italy before? Just asking
You told us what u got , u didn't tell how or what u do.

3 Likes

Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2012
slimyem: no one can make you do what you really don't want to!
Even if you enter into a relationship right now and get settled before december,you'll be doing it for your mum and not yourself which is an easy road to disaster!
don't get into a relationship until you are ready to make sacrifices that come with being in one!(you don't sound the least bit ready!)
life your life as you like but remember...tick tock,tick tock!!
Figure!cheesy

Thanks and true sometimes I 4get d tick tock I don't know why I don't get bothered
Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by Mynd44: 9:02pm On Jun 02, 2012
xxhoney:

I certainly know u didn't but I just liked d fact that for once someone thot I sounded arrogant cos people always say I sound nice grin
Perhaps you need to start walking with people who will tell you the truth
Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 02, 2012
ITbomb: Moving ur azzz from one country to another? Sorry I didn't get that right , what exactly are you trading? Have u been to Italy before? Just asking

Hahaha I'm not into anything bad if that's wat ur trying to imply. D fact dat I'm into business is cos I love my freedom, traveling, outings and it was one good way to that. Its not even about d doe, that's secondary. My dad was d one who assisted me financially to start up & it wasn't a smooth start but it turned out well. I don't think I should begin to explain what business I do to you.
Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 02, 2012
ITbomb: Moving ur azzz from one country to another? Sorry I didn't get that right , what exactly are you trading? Have u been to Italy before? Just asking

Hahaha I'm not into anything bad if that's wat ur trying to imply. D fact dat I'm into business is cos I love my freedom, traveling, outings and it was one good way to that. Its not even about d doe, that's secondary. My dad was d one who assisted me financially to start up & it wasn't a smooth start but it turned out well. I don't think I should begin to explain what business I do to you as dats not why I posted here.
Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by Mynd44: 9:13pm On Jun 02, 2012
Double posting syndrome
Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 02, 2012
i dont exactly see how or what you expect us to help you with @poster.
Btw, are you an akokite?
Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 02, 2012
seriously. are you sure you're 29?. cos you need to access your life. do you know you are getting too old to marry? life ain't about yourself for once. make plans, not just for you but for others, loved ones, even your boyfriend that's if you have one.
Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by Mynd44: 9:38pm On Jun 02, 2012
joeydozzy: seriously. are you sure you're 29?. cos you need to access your life. do you know you are getting too old to marry? life ain't about yourself for once. make plans, not just for you but for others, loved ones, even your boyfriend that's if you have one.
Actually life is about you and you only. It sounds selfish but you have your life to live,. Why do you think they say you are the architect of your own destiny?

1 Like

Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 02, 2012
abegi why are y'all entertaining the empty minded attention seeker?

whenever you see this sort of line of bs, check post history
Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by coogar: 9:51pm On Jun 02, 2012
xxhoney: Well I can say dat I've lived life, tasted d good part of life but wen it comes 2 commitment, I avoid it like a plague, I feel what's d use to go in2 one, as chances are u'd get ur heart broken I was there twice & I saw what my friendz (both male & female) also went through in d hands of their partners & thought why don't I fly solo & enjoy my life. I graduated in 2005 with a first class in chemical engineering & later got a scholarship to do my masters in oil & gas in d Uk, wen I finished d program, I came back 2d country & secured a job with Total which I later turned down even after writing their tests & interviews I felt it was going 2 cage me as I wanted to explore many things in life, u may call me silly as that wat friends always thot some even felt I didn't deserve my brains and dat Im too pretty & flashy to be so intelligent but I don't really like d idea of being tied down 2 one job I'm a very independent lady, a successful & smart business woman. I stay in a fully furnished 2 bedroom apartment & I drive a Bmw X6, I've traveled to four different countries & still counting coz my arss is neva in one place. I love outings & occasions alot, I'm d very adventurous type, I'm outspoken & its difficult for anyone to outsmart me. Now here's where d problem comes in; A job was secured for me by my mum (without my knowledge) in a well known multinational oil & gas company here & my mum is reigning fire & brimstone if I don't accept d job & settle down b4 december & live like a responsible woman. She's not comfortable with d fact dat I'm always on d move up and down, here and there. She has told me that if I don't settle down dis year, I shouldn't call her again. She &my dad had just 2 of us, I'm 29 and my kid brother is 21 he's studying in the US. How do I get myself to accept commitment and marriage undecided ? Should I take d job & live a life I'm not used to? Sounds easy but not for me....

keep globe-trotting....don't mind those parents always trying to make
29 yr-olds live the life of 60 yr-olds. you're still young and trust me
marriage can be boring for a globetrotter like yourself. do you wanna be
a housemaid to one bald-headed husband who expects you to cook, wash and iron
everyday? i am not sure you are mentally ready for such chores now.
you have only been to 4 countries....you need 36 more countries to fulfil your
destiny. so keep exploring!

1 Like

Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by tpia5: 10:17pm On Jun 02, 2012
some even felt I didn't deserve my brains and dat Im too pretty & flashy to be so intelligent but I don't really like d idea of being tied down 2 one job I'm a very independent lady, a successful & smart business woman. I stay in a fully furnished 2 bedroom apartment & I drive a Bmw X6, I've traveled to four different countries & still counting coz my arss is neva in one place. I love outings & occasions alot, I'm d very adventurous type, I'm outspoken & its difficult for anyone to outsmart me.

you go girl.

the lizard that jumped from the iroko tree said I broadcast appreciate myself even if nobody else does?

but, your apartment is only 2 bedrooms? Dont you need a minimum of 5 if this tale is to be believed.

1 Like

Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 02, 2012
Mynd_44:
Perhaps you need to start walking with people who will tell you the truth

Noted Mister.
Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 02, 2012
tpia@:

you go girl.

the lizard that jumped from the iroko tree said I broadcast appreciate myself even if nobody else does?

but, your apartment is only 2 bedrooms? Dont you need a minimum of 5 if this tale is to be believed.

Who will leave in d other 4 rooms? undecided
Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by tpia5: 10:36pm On Jun 02, 2012
^ do you mean the other 3 rooms?

anybody can live there.
Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 02, 2012
oyb: abegi why are y'all entertaining the empty minded attention seeker?

whenever you see this sort of line of bs, check post history

What's d problem with my post history undecided
Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 02, 2012
tpia@:
^ do you mean the other 3 rooms?

anybody can live there.

U said a minimum of 5 so if I occupy one, its supposed 2be 4 left unless u've decided to occupy one aswell

1 Like

Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by tpia5: 10:56pm On Jun 02, 2012
^ you said you have a 2 bedroom flat.

so if you occupy one room, who is presently occupying the second room?

i'm sure you can find people to occupy the rest of the 5 rooms, no biggie.
Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by tellwisdom: 11:14pm On Jun 02, 2012
sexhoney, if you dont yansh me today or tomorw. Nothing for you undecided undecided
Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by Flawlessdiva1(f): 11:43pm On Jun 02, 2012
Mynd_44: Sounds like you are arrogant
I don't see any reason why you should say that, btw everybody has a bit of arrogance in them..

1 Like

Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by Flawlessdiva1(f): 11:44pm On Jun 02, 2012
joeydozzy: seriously. are you sure you're 29?. cos you need to access your life. do you know you are getting too old to marry? life ain't about yourself for once. make plans, not just for you but for others, loved ones, even your boyfriend that's if you have one.
Better reply
Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by mykejones(m): 2:15am On Jun 03, 2012
U r 29. Need mor advice?
Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by mashnino(m): 2:24am On Jun 03, 2012
SMH..

29...female

"walks out quietly"
Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by omega25red(m): 2:47am On Jun 03, 2012
poster

29 is certainly not old. you are young wild and free. Live your life to the fullest because you only get one chance. The bigger issue here is the commitment phobia that you seem to have. i wonder how you have a thriving bussiness when you can't commit to things.

your parent's concerns are valid according to our culture because it would be hard for them to talk about how you are single unmarried and flighty to their friends and family. You yourself know how our people are, and you know what they will say. Anyway if you are not ready i wont force a situation that could blow up in your face later, but work on your commitment issues.

p.s life is full of people who will disappoint you one way or the other but you have to take a chance
Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by tpia5: 3:56am On Jun 03, 2012
poster, better have some more friends/followers/stalkers on nl to buttress your popularity point.

and if indeed you're not married @ 29, then is it because your azz never sits in one place like you said, or you still want to "enjoy" life more.
Re: Mum Says I Must Quit My Extravagant Lifestyle And Get Married This Year Or... by joudini(m): 7:55am On Jun 03, 2012
@29, ur still young. When ur well travelled arsz start telling, get some firming shots.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reasons Why It's Not Nice To Date A Fine Boy / See What A Girl From '2go' Did To Me...really Shocks Me! / What Are The Advantages Of A Big Ass To A Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.