Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,401 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop (98608 Views)

Derailed Train At Iju Station Today (photo) / Crashed Dana Airplane's Manifest / Pictures Of The Crashed Dana Airplane At Iju (agege) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by ndigbo: 10:05pm On Jun 03, 2012
Biggyd2:

Check this out:

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/91659/1/nnpcs-ajuonuma-aikhomu-on-board-ill-fated-dana-pla.html

i have confirmed it oooooo! RIP to the dead.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by carlos86: 10:08pm On Jun 03, 2012
Biggyd2:

Not all from one family I hope. My God do have mercy.

Saw Maimuna Anyene's Facebook page.She was holding three little kids
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by bittyend(m): 10:09pm On Jun 03, 2012
The gods are angry with Nigeria.. You Nigerians have too much blood on your hands..

Please make a sacrifice to the gods like they do on nollywood films and it shall be well with you..

Black sunday, only black Jesus can save you guys, or the gods of the land..

The church can't save you and the mosques have continued to spill more blood. lipsrsealed
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by UKBobo(m): 10:12pm On Jun 03, 2012
Moremi

It is a damned shame what goes on in this country. I happened to be working in a Nigerian commercial bank that was one of the lenders that financed these Dana planes. Another friend of mine was part of the lawyers that worked on the documentation of the financing. These Dana planes are 22 years old! The engines are refurbished and we raised these issues during the transaction but nobody listened. Everyone was eager to close the transaction and move on.

On a related note, a friend who lost the mum in the Sosoliso crash informed me that the compensation has not been paid because the airline was not insured!! It is against policy to fly an uninsured aircraft but someone in the NCAA approved that Sosoliso airline to fly without full insurance coverage.

You hit the nail on the head, corrupted vested interests turn a blind eye as their palms have received pecuniary remuneration. However, when the shit hits the fan (like today), because they are all tainted, no one can do/say anything - because their own peccadilloes will be aired...so as their silence continues, the burials gather steam and the masses are complicit by their silence. Merde!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 03, 2012
manny U: Manifest of Dana Air------------------------
Onita jennifer, ike ochonogo, 146 passengers, john ahmadu, onyeka ayene, hurriya Lawal, berkisum yindadi, ebuka enuma, oluchi önyenyiri, sunday enuma, george moses, noah anyene, kamsi anyene, stamford obruste, kayinentochi anyene, okeke hope, rev ayodeji, ngozi cole, ailende ehi, oluwasegun funmi abiodun, shehu usman, alade martins, onita josephine, ike ochonogo, john amadu,aquade roger, osunbade aderoju, fatokun anjola, fatokun olaoluwa, ajani adenike, ike abugu, adijolola abraham, otegbeye adiza, ehioghae sonny, abikale otatori, ntoku charles, anibaba tosin, shobowale femi,somolu oluwafemi, ariyibi temitope, ojugbana amaka, ojugbana xtopher, muti, yusuf ali, lt col chumbo ochigbo, d awani, o awani, n chidiac, li huizhu, kang yi, inuza ahmed, fayzal, mojekwu adeobi, ibrahim d, peter nosike, mahmud aliyu, nnadi john, akwezi elizabeth, adedunni dorothy, maria okulehi, jennifer ibe, mtshelia sarah,Onyeagocha chidinma, ike okoye, amaka raphael, garba abdu, abdu aisha, benson oluwayemi, taiwo lamidi, awodogan oluwasanmi, major ig mohammed, attah antonia, li riu, ifeanyi orakwe, obina akabueze, chukwuemeka okere, adekunbi adebiyi, wasa ruth, nabil garba, ibrahim jangana, okikiolu olukayode, komolafe olugbenga, dike chinwe, olusola arokoya, olukoya banji, saka otaru, yusuf ibrahim, ikpoki abiola, levi ajuonuma, mbang. May their gentle souls rest in peace IJN

Wow! shocked
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by foyeks2001(f): 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2012
their names
FULL LIST

Onita jennifer, ike ochonogo, 146 passengers, john ahmadu, onyeka ayene, hurriya Lawal, berkisum yindadi, ebuka enuma, oluchi önyenyiri, sunday enuma, george moses, noah anyene, kamsi anyene, stamford obruste, kayinentochi anyene, okeke hope, rev ayodeji, ngozi cole, ailende ehi, oluwasegun funmi abiodun, shehu usman, alade martins, onita josephine, ike ochonogo, john amadu,aquade roger, osunbade aderoju, fatokun anjola, fatokun olaoluwa, ajani adenike, ike abugu, adijolola abraham, otegbeye adiza, ehioghae sonny, abikale otatori, ntoku charles, anibaba tosin, shobowale femi,somolu oluwafemi, ariyibi temitope, ojugbana amaka, ojugbana xtopher, muti, yusuf ali, lt col chumbo ochigbo, d awani, o awani, n chidiac, li huizhu, kang yi, inuza ahmed, fayzal, mojekwu adeobi, ibrahim d, peter nosike, mahmud aliyu, nnadi john, akwezi elizabeth, adedunni dorothy, maria okulehi, jennifer ibe, mtshelia sarah,Onyeagocha chidinma, ike okoye, amaka raphael, garba abdu, abdu aisha, benson oluwayemi, taiwo lamidi, awodogan oluwasanmi, major ig mohammed, attah antonia, li riu, ifeanyi orakwe, obina akabueze, chukwuemeka okere, adekunbi adebiyi, wasa ruth, nabil garba, ibrahim jangana, okikiolu olukayode, komolafe olugbenga, dike chinwe, olusola arokoya, olukoya banji, saka otaru, yusuf ibrahim, ikpoki abiola, levi ajuonuma, mbang
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by tessyade: 10:15pm On Jun 03, 2012
Am still shock that i dont know what to say. Lord please have mercy.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by UKBobo(m): 10:18pm On Jun 03, 2012
U travel by road, A tanker will catch fire..by air, plane crashes..u sit in ur house,the plane will come and meet u, u go to church boko haram will attack u,u go by sea,militants will attack,u finally run to ur village,u r kidnapped..! No safe place in naija.

REAL TALK

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by bittyend(m): 10:19pm On Jun 03, 2012
UK Bobo: U travel by road, A tanker will catch fire..by air, plane crashes..u sit in ur house,the plane will come and meet u, u go to church boko haram will attack u,u go by sea,militants will attack,u finally run to ur village,u r kidnapped..! No safe place in naija.

REAL TALK

Even shagging a naija girl isn't safe..

God help us all! lipsrsealed
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Sagamite(m): 10:27pm On Jun 03, 2012
jamil!:
Neither governors,senators,reps,ministers or any other high ranked individuals was involved nor any person from presidency, to me it sound like a set up. Just my opinion.

This is the second completely stewpid thing you have said on this thread (after the "declare national holiday for families to mourn" ). This is not the thread I would wish to address it but it might really make sense to keep your opinions to yourself now.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Biggyd2: 10:29pm On Jun 03, 2012
carlos86:

Saw Maimuna Anyene's Facebook page.She was holding three little kids

I don't think I can check that out. Still cant erase the faces of the Cole family that i checked out earlier from my mind. They looked happy and complete, now this.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by tpia5: 10:35pm On Jun 03, 2012
Lilboots: Nobody is playing pranks tpia etc. Can u pls move on! A plane carrying over 160 people and the manifest that was previously published contained 130 or so names. Are ther not some names missing? Pls check this link where Amina's name was listed in the manifesto. http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/06/manifest-of-dana-air-that-crashed-in.html. Rather than trying to discredit people, try and sympathise with pple who have lost loved ones.

Amina's name isnt listed in the passenger manifestos.

why are you taking this fact personally?

its either you wait for her name to appear, or just ignore whatever you dont agree with.

jeez.

and your "link" doesnt work, either. The page has been removed. Dont know what you're playing at, but just stop it.

2 Likes

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by POTUT(m): 10:35pm On Jun 03, 2012
In any tragedy, the ultimate comfort will be that there is a resurrection at the end of this uncontrollable existence.
Please pray for strength to all bereaved families as they go through this tough time. May time pass quickly for us all.
My profound sympathies to all Nigerians!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by manuch(m): 10:39pm On Jun 03, 2012
Just watching close-up clips of the crash on TV.

In our (ignorant) enthusiasm to help victims of a disaster, we do some very bizarre things in this country.
In the absence of any organized and coordinated rescue effort, good-minded(?) civilians practically took over everything scampering all over the still burning wreckage, holding and directing water hoses at the flames and digging around.

There are no cordons, no tapes, no controlled movement, just a press of people.

Are these people really helping or risking themselves more? Are they helping or hindering? If they see the 'black box' would they recognize it?

Final question: When will we start being civilized in Nigeria starting with govt providing basic rescue infrastructure?
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by tpia5: 10:45pm On Jun 03, 2012
^^baba jo, an bere irugbon.

let people handle these things the way its done over there.

nigeria doesnt claim to be a first world country, and the officials are doing what they can.

nobody can adequately prepare for a tragedy of this proportion and no amount of organization or controlled movement will ever be enough, since nothing will bring back the people who died.

i see your point, but to the best of my knowledge, NEMA officials are at the site, going by the few photos which are available.

2 Likes

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Eziachi: 10:53pm On Jun 03, 2012
bittyend:

Pa Eziachi, I rate you highly.. Plz, don't let us derail this thread..

Nigeria is a FAILED STATE heading to abyss..
I promised! I won't.
What I wrote before wasn't even an attempt, just an observation over something said.
Enjoy your weekend.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by monkeyleg: 10:54pm On Jun 03, 2012
tpia@:
^^baba jo, an bere irugbon.

let people handle these things the way its done over there.

nigeria doesnt claim to be a first world country, and the officials are doing what they can.

nobody can adequately prepare for a tragedy of this proportion and no amount of organization or controlled movement will ever be enough, since nothing will bring back the people who died.

i see your point, but to the best of my knowledge, NEMA officials are at the site, going by the few photos which are available.

It is comments like this that really annoy me. We are witnessing grand tragedy and people still willing to accept the mediocricy and failed government that has let us down for so long. We must start learning to hold people to account

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Reference(m): 10:54pm On Jun 03, 2012
crowaddy:

So your are part of the gang of murderers that we have walking around in our country today! Why didt u shout out them? Of what use is this information to the family that lost 4 members today?

That is corporate Nigeria for you. They will lie, cheat, falsify, steal and do all manner of evil then scream about government corruption. If bankers are behind an average venture you can almost be certain a corner has been chaffed. Its always all about the money.

Good, you were part of the deal to bring coffins into Nigeria and you earn a salary. I hope you sleep well tonight. Righteousness (doing the right thing) exalts a nation, sin (doing the wrong thing) is a reproach (dumping flaming metal onto houses) to the people.

Now you have spoken. In your own interest you better disclose every aircraft that was purchased in such manner so they can be properly checked out before one crash becomes two. It is your duty.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by cashful(m): 11:01pm On Jun 03, 2012
May the souls of all who lost their lives in the plane crash REST IN PEACE,
and God will grant their family the fortitude to bear the this irreparable loss..
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by tpia5: 11:02pm On Jun 03, 2012
monkeyleg:

It is comments like this that really annoy me. We are witnessing grand tragedy and people still willing to accept the mediocricy and failed government that has let us down for so long. We must start learning to hold people to account

true, they need to cordon off the area in case there's a risk of more tragedy, and also the secure the crash site.

i'm sure they'll get around to it. Remember this is a tightly crowded neighborhood [not an open space] and it might take a while.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by manuch(m): 11:05pm On Jun 03, 2012
In any plane clash around the world .one of the first things emergency services are after is the black box. i guess not in Nigeria.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by yomistarz(m): 11:08pm On Jun 03, 2012
Hello guys, our flight was just landing from Dubai to Malaysia when i head this killing breaking news, i was depressed and i feel i could also be in any plane, but seriously. Dubai is desert and yet we cant by any way stand them. no buildings around the runway. look what we called international airport? sometimes i don't believe i fly out of Nigeria. nothing is working in Nigeria. i came into Nigeria after two years of schooling over sea. tell you what i could not even stay a week. the money is getting really useless. you spend money more and get less in return. nothing is working and yes nobody is ready for a change. our so called government travels out of country everyday of there life and see what happens in other country. they rather suck in the money to there brain and choose to have a nice life outside the country. it is has simple as this.. outside the country is home for them while Nigeria is a hustling ground for them. Everyday i pray we should go back to the slavery age, Our life would be better than what we are now. no support from the fucking government. this is no way boko-haram. it is 100% corruption, this is no way anyone can tell me the authorities are not aware that the flight is bad and should not be use. i also believe the flight could have make it down to the Airport and either crash on the run-way or land safely. in two weeks the story will be no were to be found. this is not bokohara. this is CORRUPTION. WAKE UP O.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 03, 2012
shymmex:

That's a different scenario.. The plane was flying low due to distress, and the pilot was trying to crash land in a safer place... The 5star hotel in question is taller than the buildings in this particular scenario...

Maybe, you should look at how this Dana airplane crashed again.. The plane took a dive - meaning it dived straight from the sky....

If the plane traveled from Abuja to Lagos, why can't the pilot crash land in one of the open fields before getting to a densely populated area?

Like I said earlier, it's either the pilot was either drunk or dead - but I smell foul play, period..
I am sure you know that it is general knowledge that many of the planes in our airspace are chronically underserviced and as a result of that it would not be farfetched if any one should-for example-suddenly develop total engine failure.
Now,picture this scenario: How can a pilot control a plane that develops total engine failure to such an extent as to effectively determine its actual landing place especially when the failure happens above a populated town and the pilot may have just seconds to react as a result of speed and altitude.
Like I said before let us consider all posibilities, of course you may be right,but let us also wait for more facts with which to base our conclusions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Man Rides Bicycle Taller Than A Bus On Lagos Road (pics) / My Experience Living In China For 4 Months - A Nairalander / Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.