Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop (98606 Views)

Derailed Train At Iju Station Today (photo) / Crashed Dana Airplane's Manifest / Pictures Of The Crashed Dana Airplane At Iju (agege) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by beejaybida(m): 8:12pm On Jun 03, 2012
Pls it CONFIRMED that he was on the plane?
deshclones: just got information that kim morrison the CBN consultant was on that flight...jeeeez................such brains gone like that....a human financial encyclopedia....was one of the most intelligent peeps i have interacted with...such a pity...R.I.P cry cry cry cry
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by gbadexy(m): 8:12pm On Jun 03, 2012
If confirmed that the indian management insisted the plane in question fly after being advised against it by the station manager,then I think indian companies activities in nigeriua must be reviewed. They tend to have the habit of cutting corners.

2 Likes

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by otokx(m): 8:13pm On Jun 03, 2012
When people talk of Indians in glowing terms my head just shakes in disappointment and disbelief, nothing is going to come out of this episode, maybe only that DANA air will cease to be but the owners would continue to walk the streets of Nigeria protected by some corruptible legal accomplices.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by kilimanjaro(m): 8:15pm On Jun 03, 2012
But why are people making a joke out of this? Are we this callous and heartless in this country?
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by ndigbo: 8:16pm On Jun 03, 2012
4teelaw:

Levi Ajuonomah, was on that flight.
Also Ehime Aikhomu, a fine Gentleman!

RIP Amina Bugaje too

^^^ are you sure of the above ?
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by gbomojomo(m): 8:17pm On Jun 03, 2012
na wow, may their soul rest in peace
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by alex406(m): 8:18pm On Jun 03, 2012
I heard an cool fm staff was among the victims and also a cafe royal staff. This is sad,may their soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by kilimanjaro(m): 8:18pm On Jun 03, 2012
josephokechukwu: My heartfelt condolence to the families of the victims of the plane crash. Unfortunately, no wake up call is sufficient to get my good government to ground crappy airliners. This should sound a clear wake up call to the Nigerian FAA to look into the operations of the airliners and perhaps instigate a mandate that will require restocking of fleets. This is a business venture and I still wonder why they have to rely on abandoned foreign jets to drive development. Two crashes in 48hours on recorded jets that age back to the late seventies. Dana particularly have the most misunderstood system of civil aviation, the team is unprofessional, everything on this airliner is just old and outdated, boko haram et all should fight for what is deserving (Albeit without violence), it is not our priviledge to have airliners, it is our right to have the best available systems.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by sensisosu: 8:20pm On Jun 03, 2012
kilimanjaro: But why are people making a joke out of this? Are we this callous and heartless in this country?

Yes brother we are very callous and heartless in that country.. An average Nigeria is really heartless.. Have u ever wonder why we are religious and yet we are the worst set of people on the planet.. Cursed people, cursed nation
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 03, 2012
gbadexy: If confirmed that the indian management insisted the plane in question fly after being advised against it by the station manager,then I think indian companies activities in nigeriua must be reviewed. They tend to have the habit of cutting corners.

Blame the punjabi guy... shocked

Who's in charge - the Indian management or the station manager?

You guys need to stop making up fairytales, and playing the blame game..
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Tozer(m): 8:24pm On Jun 03, 2012
God save Thy people...and bless thine inheritance.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by mannyU: 8:24pm On Jun 03, 2012
Manifest of Dana Air------------------------
Onita jennifer, ike ochonogo, 146 passengers, john ahmadu, onyeka ayene, hurriya Lawal, berkisum yindadi, ebuka enuma, oluchi önyenyiri, sunday enuma, george moses, noah anyene, kamsi anyene, stamford obruste, kayinentochi anyene, okeke hope, rev ayodeji, ngozi cole, ailende ehi, oluwasegun funmi abiodun, shehu usman, alade martins, onita josephine, ike ochonogo, john amadu,aquade roger, osunbade aderoju, fatokun anjola, fatokun olaoluwa, ajani adenike, ike abugu, adijolola abraham, otegbeye adiza, ehioghae sonny, abikale otatori, ntoku charles, anibaba tosin, shobowale femi,somolu oluwafemi, ariyibi temitope, ojugbana amaka, ojugbana xtopher, muti, yusuf ali, lt col chumbo ochigbo, d awani, o awani, n chidiac, li huizhu, kang yi, inuza ahmed, fayzal, mojekwu adeobi, ibrahim d, peter nosike, mahmud aliyu, nnadi john, akwezi elizabeth, adedunni dorothy, maria okulehi, jennifer ibe, mtshelia sarah,Onyeagocha chidinma, ike okoye, amaka raphael, garba abdu, abdu aisha, benson oluwayemi, taiwo lamidi, awodogan oluwasanmi, major ig mohammed, attah antonia, li riu, ifeanyi orakwe, obina akabueze, chukwuemeka okere, adekunbi adebiyi, wasa ruth, nabil garba, ibrahim jangana, okikiolu olukayode, komolafe olugbenga, dike chinwe, olusola arokoya, olukoya banji, saka otaru, yusuf ibrahim, ikpoki abiola, levi ajuonuma, mbang. May their gentle souls rest in peace IJN
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by maasoap(m): 8:25pm On Jun 03, 2012
gboss4sure: First it was Nigeria's Airline crashed in Ghana now Dana Crashed in Nigeria, i hope this is not true, please update us ASAP. "Oya Where una Dey, Get ready to blame GEJ}....
Yeah, the same way you people blamed it on OBJ back then!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by mazaje(m): 8:26pm On Jun 03, 2012
Lilboots: Amina Idris Bugaje...rest in peace!1 of the victims...her last status update!

Stop spreading rumors pls. . .The plane left from lagos to abuja. . .her status says she was travelling from abuja to lagos. . plssssss
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 03, 2012
mazaje:

Stop spreading rumors pls. . .The plane left from lagos to abuja. . .her status says she was travelling from abuja to lagos. . plssssss

The plane was from ABuja to Lagos..

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by lekkie073(m): 8:30pm On Jun 03, 2012
Manifest of Dana Air------------------------
Onita jennifer, ike ochonogo, 146 passengers, john ahmadu, onyeka ayene, hurriya Lawal, berkisum yindadi, ebuka enuma, oluchi önyenyiri, sunday enuma, george moses, noah anyene, kamsi anyene, stamford obruste, kayinentochi anyene, okeke hope, rev ayodeji, ngozi cole, ailende ehi, oluwasegun funmi abiodun, shehu usman, alade martins, onita josephine, ike ochonogo, john amadu,aquade roger, osunbade aderoju, fatokun anjola, fatokun olaoluwa, ajani adenike, ike abugu, adijolola abraham, otegbeye adiza, ehioghae sonny, abikale otatori, ntoku charles, anibaba tosin, shobowale femi,somolu oluwafemi, ariyibi temitope, ojugbana amaka, ojugbana xtopher, muti, yusuf ali, lt col chumbo ochigbo, d awani, o awani, n chidiac, li huizhu, kang yi, inuza ahmed, fayzal, mojekwu adeobi, ibrahim d, peter nosike, mahmud aliyu, nnadi john, akwezi elizabeth, adedunni dorothy, maria okulehi, jennifer ibe, mtshelia sarah,Onyeagocha chidinma, ike okoye, amaka raphael, garba abdu, abdu aisha, benson oluwayemi, taiwo lamidi, awodogan oluwasanmi, major ig mohammed, attah antonia, li riu, ifeanyi orakwe, obina akabueze, chukwuemeka okere, adekunbi adebiyi, wasa ruth, nabil garba, ibrahim jangana, okikiolu olukayode, komolafe olugbenga, dike chinwe, olusola arokoya, olukoya banji, saka otaru, yusuf ibrahim, ikpoki abiola, levi ajuonuma, mbang

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by deandavid(m): 8:31pm On Jun 03, 2012
i don't understand, why should a pilot agree to fly a plane that's not air worthy. The pilot and the crew, supose to know,the condition of the plane,before flying in it. I wouldn't totally blame the authority, but the pilot that know the in and out of a plane and still chose to risk his life. RIP O.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Biggyd2: 8:31pm On Jun 03, 2012
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by tyson55(m): 8:31pm On Jun 03, 2012
U travel by road, A tanker will catch fire..by air, plane crashes..u sit in ur house,the plane will come and meet u, u go to church boko haram will attack u,u go by sea,militants will attack,u finally run to ur village,u r kidnapped..! No safe place in naija. What a life? Is this true of Nigeria?
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by otokx(m): 8:34pm On Jun 03, 2012
don't see any amina idris bugaje or kim morrison on the manifest
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by question(m): 8:37pm On Jun 03, 2012
1 Onita jennifer
2 ike ochonogo
3 john ahmadu
4 onyeka ayene
5 hurriya Lawal
6 berkisum yindadi
7 ebuka enuma
8 oluchi önyenyiri
9 sunday enuma
10 george moses
11 noah anyene
12 kamsi anyene
13 stamford obruste
14 kayinentochi anyene
15 okeke hope
16 rev ayodeji
17 ngozi cole
18 ailende ehi
19 oluwasegun funmi abiodun
20 shehu usman
21 alade martins
22 onita josephine
23 ike ochonogo
24 john amadu
25 aquade roger
26 osunbade aderoju
27 fatokun anjola
28 fatokun olaoluwa
29 ajani adenike
30 ike abugu
31 adijolola abraham
32 otegbeye adiza
33 ehioghae sonny
34 abikale otatori
35 ntoku charles
36 anibaba tosin
37 shobowale femi
38 somolu oluwafemi
39 ariyibi temitope
40 ojugbana amaka
41 ojugbana xtopher
42 muti
43 yusuf ali
44 lt col chumbo ochigbo
45 d awani
46 o awani
47 n chidiac
48 li huizhu
49 kang yi
50 inuza ahmed
51 fayzal
52 mojekwu adeobi
53 ibrahim d
54 peter nosike
55 mahmud aliyu
56 nnadi john
57 akwezi elizabeth
58 adedunni dorothy
59 maria okulehi
60 jennifer ibe
61 mtshelia sarah
62 Onyeagocha chidinma
63 ike okoye
64 amaka raphael
65 garba abdu
66 abdu aisha
67 benson oluwayemi
68 taiwo lamidi
69 awodogan oluwasanmi
70 major ig mohammed
71 attah antonia
72 li riu
73 ifeanyi orakwe
74 obina akabueze
75 chukwuemeka okere
76 adekunbi adebiyi
77 wasa ruth
78 nabil garba
79 ibrahim jangana
80 okikiolu olukayode
81 komolafe olugbenga
82 dike chinwe
83 olusola arokoya
84 olukoya banji
85 saka otaru
86 yusuf ibrahim
87 ikpoki abiola
88 levi ajuonuma
89 mbang

89 passengers and still counting
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by maasoap(m): 8:42pm On Jun 03, 2012
Even the corrupt rich, politicians and their partners in crime, govt officials are not save from the monster they're turning this country to! I pray that the souls of the innocents among them should rest in perfect peace. But those among them that have involved in one way or the other to loot this country and impoverish the masses, well, I have no prayer for them.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by freecocoa(f): 8:43pm On Jun 03, 2012
Please what's the situation now?

I heard my former V.C was on on board,O God please do something.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 03, 2012
daz_york: Can anyone confirm that this plane had an emergency landing on March 11? Because if so, there is a case against the NCAA and Dana Air

The plane involved in that emergency landing had a different registration number.
Conflicting reports appear to suggest there was more than one survivor...

Dana Air in emergency landing at MMIA
on MAY 11, 2012 · in NEWS
2:52 am
Tweet
By Daniel Eteghe
LAGOS — Dana Air plane was, yesterday, involved in an emergency landing at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos.

The aircraft with registration number 5N-SRI was coming from Uyo with 86 passengers on board.

Reacting, spokesman for the airline, Mr. Tony Osidamen, said the aircraft was forced to have an emergency landing due to the discovery of an hydraulic pressure by the pilot while the aircraft was still in the airspace.

He said:’’The pilot discovered an hydraulic pressure on the aircraft and immediately contacted the Air Traffic Controllers at the control tower in Lagos airport, declaring an emergency landing at the MMIA airport

“The aircraft was able to land successfully at the MMIA airport but the rescue services like the ambulances from Nacho Aviance and other relevant agencies to evacuate the passengers came a little bid late as the delay created panic among the passengers.”

Osidamen, however, stressed that the aircraft landed safely but added that it was yet to be towed out of the runway at press time.

He said: “The aircraft landed safely and the 86 passengers were safely evacuated but we are still trying to tow the aircraft off the runway. It landed at exactly 4;59 p.m.”
Source

Dana Air McDonnell Douglas MD-83, registration 5N-RAM performing flight 9J-1993 from Lagos to Abuja (Nigeria) with 153 people on board, was climbing out of Lagos when the crew reported engine problems and decided to return to Lagos. On final approach to runway 18L at about 15:00L (14:00Z) the aircraft collided with a power line, crashed into a built up area about 5-6nm from touch down and burst into flames. A number of residential houses around the crash site are on flames, too, a large smoke plume is visible above the city. All occupants of the aircraft perished in the crash, there is no information yet about victims on the ground.
Source
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Jiah011(f): 8:43pm On Jun 03, 2012
What a tragedy! My heart is so heavy. My prayers go out to those who lost someone in this tragedy! Such an event can happen anywhere in the world, but when it could have been prevented and happens so close to you, the pain is even more. I weep for Nigeria.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by apoti(m): 8:44pm On Jun 03, 2012
Dammnnn! The plane is 21 years old angry angry

[url]http://www.airfleets.net/ageflotte/Dana%20Air.htm[/url]
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Biggyd2: 8:46pm On Jun 03, 2012
mazaje:

If indeed it is a joke, it will only be someone who is genuinely wicked and fickle minded that can play pranks with something as serious as this. I pray not o. Nigerians should learn that people in glass houses should not throw stones.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by jamil2(m): 8:46pm On Jun 03, 2012
What a lost?

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by otokx(m): 8:51pm On Jun 03, 2012
Never really fancied DANA air

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply)

Man Rides Bicycle Taller Than A Bus On Lagos Road (pics) / My Experience Living In China For 4 Months - A Nairalander / Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.