Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop (98605 Views)

Derailed Train At Iju Station Today (photo) / Crashed Dana Airplane's Manifest / Pictures Of The Crashed Dana Airplane At Iju (agege) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by joudini(m): 9:21pm On Jun 03, 2012
maasoap: And the Russian govt pointed accusing fingers at US govt. And when you look at countries that that plane had visited and those ones it still planned to visit, you will see an element of truth in their claim.

Actually, it was a demonstration flight which was meant to impress customers (company executives) who incidentally were passengers.

It was not on a commercial flight. Unless the theorists were looking at the loss of revenue for the Russians.

Am guessing the company lost the customers. Literally and metaphorically.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Lilboots(m): 9:22pm On Jun 03, 2012
Manifest of Dana Air that crashed in Lagos -

List of the dead

Onyeka Anyene; Hurria Lawal; Maimuna Anyene; Bakisumiadi Yindadi; Ebuka Enuma; Oluchi Onyeyiri; Sunday Enuma; George Moses; Ogechi Njoku; Noah Anyene; Kamsiyona Anyene; Stanford Obrutse; Kaiyenotochi Anyene; Okeke Hope; Rev. Ayodeji Cole; Ngozi Cole; Noah Anyene; Ailende Ehi; Oluwasegun Funmi Abiodun; and Shehu Sahad Usman.

Others were Alade Martins; Onita Jennifer (Mrs); Onita Josephine; Ike Ochonogo; Joy Alison; John Ahmadu; Akowe Fatokun Anjola; Fatokun Olaoluwa; Fatokun Ibukun; Buhari Maikudi; Amina Idris Bugaje; Ajani Adenle; IkeAbugu; Adijolola Abraham; Obot Emmanuel; Otegbeye Hadiza; Ehioghae Sunny; Onwuriri Celestine; Abikalio Otatoru; Noris Kim; Eyo Bassey; Njoku Charles; Anibaba Tosin; Okocha Christopher; Sobowale Femi; and Phillip Chukwu Ebuka.

Others were Sparagano Lawrence; Somolu Oluwakemi; Ariyibi Temitope; Meche Eke; Ojugbana Amaka; Ojugbana Christopher; Buna Walter; Coker Olumide; Lilian Lass; Mutittir Itsifanus; Yusuf Alli; Lt. Col. Jumbo Ochigbo; Eribake Wale; Zhai Shuta;

Also on the list were Wang Yu; P. Awani; O. Awani; N. Chidiac; Rijoel Dhose; Li Hizha; Apochi Godwin; Lang Yi; Yinusa Ahmed; Faysal Inusa; Mojekwu Adaobi; Ibrahim D; Bamaiyi Adamu; Ifekowa Jones; Peter Nosike; Anthony Nwaokocha; Mahmud Aliyu; Nnadi John; Akweze Elizabeth; Dorothy Adedunni; Echeidu Ibe; Maria Okulehi; Jennifer Ibe; Okoko junjip; Sarah Mshelia; Ahmed Mbana; Okonji Patrick; Oyosoro Rajuli; Oyosoro Ugbabio; Kaikai Farida; David Kolawole Fortune; Eyinoluwa David Kolawole; Kaltum Abubakar; and Dakawa Mahmud.

Others were Patience Sunday Udoh; Asuquo Iniebong; Onemonelese Aimeihi; Onyeagocha Chidinma; Onyeagocha Ogechi; Ike Okoye; Amaka Raphael; Ijeoma Onyinjuke; Garba Abdul; Aisha Abdul; Benson Oluwayomi; Anthony7 Opara; Taiwo Lamidi; Awodogan Olusanmi; Obi Chinwe; Shaibu Memuna; Major I.G Mohammed; Nagidi Ibrahim; Attah Anthonia; Shaibu Sam; Ifeanyi Orakwe; Obinna Akubueze; Li Rui; Xie Zhenfeng; Oko Eseoghene; Chukwuemeka Okere; Adetunbi Adebiyi; Ibrahim Mantakari; Was Ruth; Wasa Awiyetu; Ojukwu Alvana; Lawal Anakobe; Nabil Garba; Mohammed Falmata; Ibrahim Jangana; Okikiolu Olukayode; Komolafe Olugbenga; Dike Chinwe; Dike Chike Ezugo; Olusola Arokoyo; Adetola Ayoola; Akinola Olumodeji; Olukoya Banji Saka Otaru; Adeleke Oluwadamilare; Yusuf Ibrahim; Ikpohi Obiola; Aikhomu Ehimen; Levi Ajuonuma; Mbong Eventus
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Biggyd2: 9:23pm On Jun 03, 2012
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by igmacco(m): 9:24pm On Jun 03, 2012
i was lucky to come across Ngozi Cole profile and the husband ayodeji facebook profiles, THERE PROFILE STATED THAT THEY ARE REV....... link below

http://www.facebook.com/Reverend.Ngozi.Cole
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by jamil2(m): 9:28pm On Jun 03, 2012
Neither governors,senators,reps,ministers or any other high ranked individuals was involved nor any person from presidency, to me it sound like a set up. Just my opinion.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Lilboots(m): 9:30pm On Jun 03, 2012
Nobody is playing pranks tpia etc. Can u pls move on! A plane carrying over 160 people and the manifest that was previously published contained 130 or so names. Are ther not some names missing? Pls check this link where Amina's name was listed in the manifesto. http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/06/manifest-of-dana-air-that-crashed-in.html. Rather than trying to discredit people, try and sympathise with pple who have lost loved ones.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by waice6571: 9:32pm On Jun 03, 2012
Another dark weekend. multiple accident on lagos ibadan express. bomb blast in bauchi, plane crash in lagos. over to you God.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 03, 2012
R.I.P Kunbi and Tosin. My heart is broken. We are the brightest and the best of the incoming generation, carrying the hopes and dreams of middle class families who have struggled to give us the best education available in the world. We have been trained in Nigeria and abroad, and now we have come home to contribute to our country and make something of ourselves. Barely 22 years of age, we are working hard at building our careers even if that means sacrificing the comfort of working close to home and commuting between Lagos and Abuja. Do we deserve to die for this? Have we even lived yet? Is this to be our reward for being ambitious high achievers? is this fair? My heart weeps for you and your families. You will be sorely missed.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Sagamite(m): 9:35pm On Jun 03, 2012
Beowulf: It is a damned shame what goes on in this country. I happened to be working in a Nigerian commercial bank that was one of the lenders that financed these Dana planes. Another friend of mine was part of the lawyers that worked on the documentation of the financing. These Dana planes are 22 years old! The engines are refurbished and we raised these issues during the transaction but nobody listened. Everyone was eager to close the transaction and move on.

On a related note, a friend who lost the mum in the Sosoliso crash informed me that the compensation has not been paid because the airline was not insured!! It is against policy to fly an uninsured aircraft but someone in the NCAA approved that Sosoliso airline to fly without full insurance coverage.

I am so livid I can't even eat.

My blood is seriously boiling!

Right now I am just seeing red.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Emysandy: 9:35pm On Jun 03, 2012
What a list!. I wish l didn't check it, l can't clean this imagination of group, friends, children, family members screaming once the discover that someone they loved or maybe drop off at the Airport is on that dead list... I wish l didn't read it and check the pics, l can't control it, l did tried but l do admit, l'm cryin right now, l will drink a glass of warm water and sleep maybe when l wake up it may turn out to be a dream but if its reality, it hurt for ever. I HATE BAD NEWS. I pray they Rip

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Wisdytech(m): 9:35pm On Jun 03, 2012
Wow! Dis is soooo SAD!!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by dabrake(m): 9:36pm On Jun 03, 2012
Lilboots: Nobody is playing pranks tpia etc. Can u pls move on! A plane carrying over 160 people and the manifest that was previously published contained 130 or so names. Are ther not some names missing? Pls check this link where Amina's name was listed in the manifesto. http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/06/manifest-of-dana-air-that-crashed-in.html. Rather than trying to discredit people, try and sympathise with pple who have lost loved ones.
that tilapia girl is a veteran reetaard. why waste your breath
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by jamil2(m): 9:37pm On Jun 03, 2012
Sijo01: Gj orders full investgation on d crash!

Hope something gud comes out of it.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Akainzo(m): 9:40pm On Jun 03, 2012
Lilboots: Nobody is playing pranks tpia etc. Can u pls move on! A plane carrying over 160 people and the manifest that was previously published contained 130 or so names. Are ther not some names missing? Pls check this link where Amina's name was listed in the manifesto. http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/06/manifest-of-dana-air-that-crashed-in.html. Rather than trying to discredit people, try and sympathise with pple who have lost loved ones.

This gets interesting. With this, you have proven that the flight originated from Abuja! So how come the Dana release stated that the flight left Lagos for Abuja, developed problem and then tried to get back to the Lagos airport

Which is the correct story??
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by pendo89(f): 9:45pm On Jun 03, 2012
This made headlines even in my country so sad.

I just hope the airline was insured even though it wouldn't ease the pain but for justice sake.
That plane was big.150 pax is such a large number.
Has the airline realised the flight manifest before notifying families?
all in all.May God give comfort to the bereaved.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by KakiP(m): 9:46pm On Jun 03, 2012
Celestine Onwuliri former VC of FUTO was in the crash also.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by dbnew: 9:47pm On Jun 03, 2012
cj1080: Did you know that this is the second crash in that area in the past 16 years. you all remember the Military crash the herculus plane that went down there in the 90‘s during Abacha‘s time.

Is this Nigeria‘s Bermuda.

The place this crashed happened (Iju- Agbado) is very, very, very far from the c130 hercules crash(behind Jakande Estate in Isolo). People like you tend to make Nairaland not a reliable source of information. You could at least google Google Maps for detailed information before commenting.

I hope there will be higher standard in information sharing on Nairaland. Take a cue from Wikipedia.

May the souls of the deceased rest in peace and God should grant the families the fortitude to bear the loss.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by realwale: 9:48pm On Jun 03, 2012
I just left d place a few minutes ago and i can tell u dat rescue work is yet to start 3hrs after d crash.most of d nema,airforce,police guys on ground are just acting like confused pple. D fire is still on yet d fire guys have ran out of water. What a damned nation.notin works.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by dont8(m): 9:51pm On Jun 03, 2012
Very unfortunate indeed, I was at Agbado crossing just last week and today I was somewhere near (Kola and Ajegunle). May the souls of the departed rest in peace.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by UyiIredia(m): 9:51pm On Jun 03, 2012
And Goodluck has confirmed himself to be BADLUCK after just 1 year in office. We are in for a ride in the years ahead and I won't slack.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Biggyd2: 9:53pm On Jun 03, 2012
realwale: I just left d place a few minutes ago and i can tell u dat rescue work is yet to start 3hrs after d crash.most of d nema,airforce,police guys on ground are just acting like confused pple. D fire is still on yet d fire guys have ran out of water. What a damned nation.notin works.

And why am I not surprised?
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by deife(m): 9:53pm On Jun 03, 2012
@Bayoooo: A fool says in his heart, there is no God.
bayooooooo:

So sad!!! We don't value human life in this country, we make laws for our own safety yet because of corruption such laws are not enforced. Some of the planes flying in Nigeria are not fit for such purpose. We put some many stuffs in the hands of God, yet he does not exist.

In one of my numerous trips to Enugu some years back (Enugu airport was closed for rehabilitation at the time) so I had to take a flight to Owerri. It was a terrible moment all of life. At a point, the plane was shaking and the tension in people eyes could be seen even with closed eyes. For once, I was confronted with death at a close range. Even at a point,the beautiful chick beside me that was proven difficult to get had to hold tighly and shout Jesus countless time. I was sweating seriously. Indeed, it can't just be a nice way to die.

Now, we are here typing, discussing and invoking all manner of religious mantra that "God should save some of them". Well, I hope it does but unfortunately he does not exist. What can be of help is emergency response in reasonable time. Doctors not only at their desks but also on hand to respond to the critically injured and not doctors who are so happy to say sorry, but we are on strike.

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by crowaddy(m): 9:54pm On Jun 03, 2012
Beowulf: It is a damned shame what goes on in this country. I happened to be working in a Nigerian commercial bank that was one of the lenders that financed these Dana planes. Another friend of mine was part of the lawyers that worked on the documentation of the financing. These Dana planes are 22 years old! The engines are refurbished and we raised these issues during the transaction but nobody listened. Everyone was eager to close the transaction and move on.

On a related note, a friend who lost the mum in the Sosoliso crash informed me that the compensation has not been paid because the airline was not insured!! It is against policy to fly an uninsured aircraft but someone in the NCAA approved that Sosoliso airline to fly without full insurance coverage.

I am so livid I can't even eat.

So your are part of the gang of murderers that we have walking around in our country today! Why didt u shout out them? Of what use is this information to the family that lost 4 members today?
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by dbnew: 9:54pm On Jun 03, 2012
[quote author=jamil!][/quote]

Where are the previous crash reports? The essence of reports is to prevent a recurrence so that those that die would not have died in vain, so that in death, they will be a hope and correction to the living. But here in Nigeria, report will not be accurate or not done at all. When done, they will be swept underneath the proverbial carpet.

Maybe this will be different. Time will tell.

Already,news is rife that the black box that can aid in the reports has been found and handed over to the police. Lets hope that the news will not change soon.

Sigh

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Lilboots(m): 9:56pm On Jun 03, 2012
Akainzo:

This gets interesting. With this, you have proven that the flight originated from Abuja! So how come the Dana release stated that the flight left Lagos for Abuja, developed problem and then tried to get back to the Lagos airport

Which is the correct story??

Guy, there are conflicting stories. You know how nigerian reports are. Several news outlets reported the flight originated from Lagos to Abuja whilst others say that it wa a flight from Abuja to Lagos. Take for instance Vanguard reported that the flight flew in from Abuja towards lagos in this piece http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/jonathan-delares-3-days-of-mourning-for-plane-crash-victims/ and the NCAA ( nigerian Civil Aviation Authority) DG, Dr Harold Demuren confirmed flight originated from Abuja http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/investigation-into-dana-air-crash-has-begun-says-ncaa-boss/
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Sagamite(m): 9:56pm On Jun 03, 2012
Lilboots: Manifest of Dana Air that crashed in Lagos -

List of the dead

Onyeka Anyene; Hurria Lawal; Maimuna Anyene; Bakisumiadi Yindadi; Ebuka Enuma; Oluchi Onyeyiri; Sunday Enuma; George Moses; Ogechi Njoku; Noah Anyene; Kamsiyona Anyene; Stanford Obrutse; Kaiyenotochi Anyene; Okeke Hope; Rev. Ayodeji Cole; Ngozi Cole; Noah Anyene; Ailende Ehi; Oluwasegun Funmi Abiodun; and Shehu Sahad Usman.

So sad!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by richardoz(m): 9:57pm On Jun 03, 2012
What a loss! Rip
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Biggyd2: 9:59pm On Jun 03, 2012
Sagamite:

So sad!

Not all from one family I hope. My God do have mercy.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by carlos86: 10:02pm On Jun 03, 2012
jamil!:
Neither governors,senators,reps,ministers or any other high ranked individuals was involved nor any person from presidency, to me it sound like a set up. Just my opinion.

Going by your logic,any plane that takes off must contain one of those.So ordinary unknown people can't fly?
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by bittyend(m): 10:04pm On Jun 03, 2012
Report just reaching me shows that there are actually more dead people on the ground than people on the airplane itself.

The uncle told me the area is an area of typical naija slum with many people sharing a room, and the death told should be close to a thousand, if not more. sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Man Rides Bicycle Taller Than A Bus On Lagos Road (pics) / My Experience Living In China For 4 Months - A Nairalander / Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.