Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,512 members, 7,812,593 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop (98495 Views)

Derailed Train At Iju Station Today (photo) / Crashed Dana Airplane's Manifest / Pictures Of The Crashed Dana Airplane At Iju (agege) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by iKoksi(m): 8:53pm On Jun 03, 2012
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by otokx(m): 8:53pm On Jun 03, 2012
iKoksi: GEJ declares 3-day mourning

http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

and what does that mean?
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Beowulf(m): 8:53pm On Jun 03, 2012
It is a damned shame what goes on in this country. I happened to be working in a Nigerian commercial bank that was one of the lenders that financed these Dana planes. Another friend of mine was part of the lawyers that worked on the documentation of the financing. These Dana planes are 22 years old! The engines are refurbished and we raised these issues during the transaction but nobody listened. Everyone was eager to close the transaction and move on.

On a related note, a friend who lost the mum in the Sosoliso crash informed me that the compensation has not been paid because the airline was not insured!! It is against policy to fly an uninsured aircraft but someone in the NCAA approved that Sosoliso airline to fly without full insurance coverage.

I am so livid I can't even eat.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Sijo01(f): 8:55pm On Jun 03, 2012
GJ, orderd 3days national mourning for d Dana air casualties, flag to fly half, all public engagement slated 4on d 4th(2moro) canelled!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by manmustwac(m): 8:55pm On Jun 03, 2012
Well at least Dana Air will go out of business after this incident.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 03, 2012
apoti: Dammnnn! The plane is 21 years old angry angry

[url]http://www.airfleets.net/ageflotte/Dana%20Air.htm[/url]

An aging aircraft alright, but we have to wait till all the facts are out before drawing any hard and fast conclusions on this point.

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 03, 2012
Nigeria is the laughing stock of the world.. Some of you should just go on CNN website, and read the comments posted there about this incident...

Also peep this out:

A passenger aircraft crashed into a building in Nigeria's largest city on Sunday.

Casualty figures are not yet immediately known. The government said the plane had 153 passengers on board, but it was unclear how many people had been inside the building.

Firefighters searching for survivors pulled at least one body from the badly damaged building, and several bodies could be seen in the rubble.

The Dana Air flight was flying from Abuja to Lagos. It did not appear to have nosedived into the building, but seemed to have landed on its belly.

It first crashed through a furniture shop and then into residential buildings next to the shop in a densely populated area just north of the airport. The nose of the plane was embedded in the three-storey apartment building, damaging only one part of the structure.

At the scene, fires still smouldered everywhere as a group of men stood atop the landing gear and took pictures with their mobile phones. Emergency services tried to put out fires in a jet engine and carried at least one body from the building as it continued to crumble. Several thousand people looked on.

Two fire trucks and about 50 rescue personnel were at the site an hour after the plane went down. The Nigerian Red Cross arrived, as well as Nigeria's air crash safety investigators.

Lagos's international airport is a hub for west Africa, and 2.3 million passengers passed through it in 2009. [size=14pt]The government says it has full radar coverage of Nigeria, but power cuts are common and generators sometimes fail at airports, causing radar screens to go blank.[/size]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jun/03/passenger-plane-crashes-building-lagos?newsfeed=true

^^^In a sane world, people should never be allowed to travel by air in Nigeria.. The country is useless!!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by maasoap(m): 9:00pm On Jun 03, 2012
question: About 3 weeks ago, a russian brand new plane with experienced pilot crashed in indonesia. Whether new or old plane, na God the protect person.
And the Russian govt pointed accusing fingers at US govt. And when you look at countries that that plane had visited and those ones it still planned to visit, you will see an element of truth in their claim.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by kandiikane(m): 9:01pm On Jun 03, 2012
Ok, I'm just watching news now and they said the flight was from lagos to Abuja?

Wasn't amina at Abuja airport?
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by jhidey92(m): 9:01pm On Jun 03, 2012
What a pity.......
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by iKoksi(m): 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2012
otokx:

and what does that mean?

sure u have his number, u can ask him.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2012
Take a look at the emergency workers below:

[img]http://www.ottawacitizen.com/6722783.bin[/img]

Nigeria is a useless country!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by cj1080(m): 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2012
Did you know that this is the second crash in that area in the past 16 years. you all remember the Military crash the herculus plane that went down there in the 90‘s during Abacha‘s time.

Is this Nigeria‘s Bermuda.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Akainzo(m): 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2012
A McDonnell Douglas MD-83 passenger plane crashed into a two-story building at a Lagos suburb. Dana Air flight 9J-997 was completely destroyed as it crashed killing all 147 passengers and 6 crew members on board.
Below is the initial list of passengers on board the ill-fated flight.

1. Retired AIG John Ahmadu
2. Amina Doris
3. Elizabeth Adaeze,
4. Ajala Adenike,
5. Adekunbi Adebiyi,
6. Agu Rogers,
7. Tatokin Anjola,
8. Tatokin Idris Abdulrasat Lawa,
9. Abitayo Olatoci,
10. Adekoya Ayoola
11. Northern Elder, Ibrahim Damcida,
12. Nnpc Spokesman, Dr. Levi Ajuonuma
13. Aladi Martins
14. Auta Jennifer
15. Auta Josephine
16. Ike Achonogor
17. Joy Alison
18. John Ahmadu
19. Rev. Ayodeji Cole
20. Ngozi
21. Noah Anyene
22. Ailendi Ehi
23. Shehu Saad Usman
24. Oluwasegun F. Abiodun
25. Anyere
26. Kasmisgona Anyene
27. Stanford Obrutse
28. Kayinetochi Anyene
29. Okeke Hope
30. Kaima Anyene
31. Sumyindadi
32. Ebuka Enuma
33. Oluchi Onyia
34. Sunday O
35. George Moses
36. Ogechi Njoku
37. Nsa
38. Onyeka Anyiene
39. Humra Lawal
40. Manuma
41. Ayune
42. Berki
43. Ehime Aikhomu, Son Of Former Chief Of General Staff,
44. Onita Jennifer,
45. Ike Ochonogo,
46. John Ahmadu,
47. Onyeka Ayene,
49. Hurriya Lawal,
50. Berkisum Yindadi,
51. Ebuka Enuma,
52. Oluchi Önyenyiri,
53. Sunday Enuma,
54. George Moses,
55. Noah Anyene,
56. Kamsi Anyene,
57. Stamford Obruste,
58. Kayinentochi Anyene,
59. Okeke Hope,
60. Rev Ayodeji,
61. Ngozi Cole,
62. Ailende Ehi,
63. Oluwasegun Funmi Abiodun,
64. Shehu Usman,
65. Alade Martins,
67. Onita Josephine,
68. Ike Ochonogo,
69. John Amadu,
70. Aquade Roger,
71. Osunbade Aderoju,
72. Fatokun Anjola,
73. Fatokun Olaoluwa,
74. Ajani Adenike,
75. Ike Abugu,
76. Adijolola Abraham,
77. Otegbeye Adiza,
78. Ehioghae Sonny,
79. Abikale Otatori,
80. Ntoku Charles,
81. Anibaba Tosin,
82. Shobowale Femi,
83. Somolu Oluwafemi,
84. Ariyibi Temitope,
85. Ojugbana Amaka,
86. Ojugbana Xtopher,
87. Muti,
88. Yusuf Ali,
89.Lt Col Chumbo Ochigbo,
90. D Awani,
91. O Awani,
92. N Chidiac,
93. Li Huizhu,
94. Kang Yi,
95. Inuza Ahmed,
96. Fayzal,
97. Mojekwu Adeobi,
98. Ibrahim D,
99. Peter Nosike,
100. Mahmud Aliyu,
101. Nnadi John,
102. Akwezi Elizabeth,
103. Adedunni Dorothy,
104. Maria Okulehi,
105. Jennifer Ibe,
106. Mtshelia Sarah,
107. Onyeagocha Chidinma,
108. Ike Okoye,
109. Amaka Raphael,
110. Garba Abdu,
111. Abdu Aisha,
112. Benson Oluwayemi,
113. Taiwo Lamidi,
114. Awodogan Oluwasanmi,
115. Major Ig Mohammed,
116. Attah Antonia,
117. Li Riu,
118. Ifeanyi Orakwe,
119. Obina Akabueze,
120. Chukwuemeka Okere,
121. Adekunbi Adebiyi,
122. Wasa Ruth,
124. 123. Nabil Garba,
125. Ibrahim Jangana,
126. Okikiolu Olukayode,
127. Komolafe Olugbenga,
128. Dike Chinwe,
129. Olusola Arokoya,
130. Olukoya Banji,
131. Saka Otaru,
132. Yusuf Ibrahim,
133. Ikpoki Abiola,
134. Levi Ajuonuma,
135. Mbang
136. Shehu Sa'ad - Director Of Mainstreet Bank
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by duke2000: 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2012
I live a couple of kilometers from the flight path to MM airport and sometimes imagine that these planes could crash on houses. Little did I know that my imagination will sooner materialize to reality. Property buyers and prospective tenants beware!

Dana airline! I decided to board one a year and half ago from Abuja. My first impression was that of a refurbished aircraft. With lax regulation and corrupt regime, what do expect from these Asian merchants? It is painful because this is clearly preventable. NCAA and FAA, what are you doing?
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by jamil2(m): 9:03pm On Jun 03, 2012
Paentera:

lazy ass like you. Don't you know people like you cannot eat if people like me do not get up to make business make money tomorrow.
your brain really not functioning very well shd I say the FG must makes it neccessary to declear work free day? Or rather a kinda of suggestion if they decide to mourn for the victims do you have alternative or right of denial? Dude wake up it's your bussiness to go market and with you or not nothing could halt me from surviving if you like don't rest in your life for once at the end your possession will be diverted to the people that you don't know as heirs!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by joudini(m): 9:04pm On Jun 03, 2012
Cocckpit recorder recovered and handed to the police. Hope they don't lock this in a cupboard.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Biggyd2: 9:05pm On Jun 03, 2012
manmustwac: Well at least Dana Air will go out of business after this incident.

How I wish?
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by COOLDK(m): 9:05pm On Jun 03, 2012
In fact this country is so Bizzare,
Plane crash at Ishaga near my house, Fire fighters have no oxygen to work with,
Dressed in casual wear like we the spectators, No helmet, No safety boot,
Arriving at the scene about 30 minutes later.
The house affected that was on fire victims shouting for help inside with no one to help, police just walking as if its just a riot, leaving people at risk near the burning plane,
LASTMA, AIR FORCE, NIMASSA, ROAD SAFETY, SOLDIERS, POLICE, MAN O WAR, among others unable to cub the fire within 2 1/2 hours.
People stealing at the scene

Only God can help us in this country where the leaders just think only on how to embezzle money.
God! and you are watching...............................................
Revolution! where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by deandavid(m): 9:07pm On Jun 03, 2012
cj1080: Did you know that this is the second crash in that area in the past 16 years. you all remember the Military crash the herculus plane that went down there in the 90‘s during Abacha‘s time.

Is this Nigeria‘s Bermuda.
its ibb's time.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Lilboots(m): 9:07pm On Jun 03, 2012
mazaje:

Stop spreading rumors pls. . .The plane left from lagos to abuja. . .her status says she was travelling from abuja to lagos. . plssssss

Pls check your news reports> Flight left Abuja for Lagos. I have nothing to gain from posting such stories if false. 90% of news reports will tell u that it was a Lagos bound flight from Abuja. Few of our local news source are reporting that it was a lagos to Abuja flight which developed fault and was returning to the airport. Her friends in ABJ has confirmed the above but however I am not here to sensationalize news. I was just putting a human face to such a sad tragedy. Its up to u to believe what u want to believe.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by topelovely: 9:08pm On Jun 03, 2012
Indians are killing us! Send them packing!http://www.danagroup.com/Profile/Board-of-Directors.aspx

I think is this related to the Petrol Subsidy Investigation: The target was Dr Levi Ajuonuma. Read is comment here during the Fuel Subsidy protest:

I have followed the subsidy debate/protest and must confess that we at NNPC have not helped in the fight against corruption. I can authoritatively say that the N1.3trillion is not the true figure but given as a result of the corrupt tendencies of the cabal. This astronomical increase in 2011 was purely political. Also, our local consumption figure as published is absolutely incorrect.

For the sake of my children and children's children, we must investigate this fraud. From PPPRA, to NNPC, Independent Marketers, Port Authorities, retired Generals and Other top government officials. Although, the whole fraud existed before 2007, the reasonable take off should be 2007 to date.

Consequently, I have decided to resign my appointment as the Group General Manager, Corporate Affairs of NNPC.

If this is true, then the #occupynigeria movement is achieving tremendously.
We have to push them to the level of exposing themselves.

They are eliminating the witnesses one by one...
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by otokx(m): 9:09pm On Jun 03, 2012
really killing us
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 03, 2012
Onlookers at the scene of the crash which should have been sealed off by NEMA:

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Caracta(f): 9:11pm On Jun 03, 2012
*sobs* What is this world turning into? Will it ever get better? Is there really hope for us? Is there still light at the end of the tunnel? *sobs louder*
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Biggyd2: 9:12pm On Jun 03, 2012
Akainzo: A McDonnell Douglas MD-83 passenger plane crashed into a two-story building at a Lagos suburb. Dana Air flight 9J-997 was completely destroyed as it crashed killing all 147 passengers and 6 crew members on board.
Below is the initial list of passengers on board the ill-fated flight.

1. Retired AIG John Ahmadu
2. Amina Doris
3. Elizabeth Adaeze,
4. Ajala Adenike,
5. Adekunbi Adebiyi,
6. Agu Rogers,
7. Tatokin Anjola,
8. Tatokin Idris Abdulrasat Lawa,
9. Abitayo Olatoci,
10. Adekoya Ayoola
11. Northern Elder, Ibrahim Damcida,
12. Nnpc Spokesman, Dr. Levi Ajuonuma
13. Aladi Martins
14. Auta Jennifer
15. Auta Josephine
16. Ike Achonogor
17. Joy Alison
18. John Ahmadu
19. Rev. Ayodeji Cole
20. Ngozi
21. Noah Anyene
22. Ailendi Ehi
23. Shehu Saad Usman
24. Oluwasegun F. Abiodun
25. Anyere
26. Kasmisgona Anyene
27. Stanford Obrutse
28. Kayinetochi Anyene
29. Okeke Hope
30. Kaima Anyene
31. Sumyindadi
32. Ebuka Enuma
33. Oluchi Onyia
34. Sunday O
35. George Moses
36. Ogechi Njoku
37. Nsa
38. Onyeka Anyiene
39. Humra Lawal
40. Manuma
41. Ayune
42. Berki
43. Ehime Aikhomu, Son Of Former Chief Of General Staff,
44. Onita Jennifer,
45. Ike Ochonogo,
46. John Ahmadu,
47. Onyeka Ayene,
49. Hurriya Lawal,
50. Berkisum Yindadi,
51. Ebuka Enuma,
52. Oluchi Önyenyiri,
53. Sunday Enuma,
54. George Moses,
55. Noah Anyene,
56. Kamsi Anyene,
57. Stamford Obruste,
58. Kayinentochi Anyene,
59. Okeke Hope,
60. Rev Ayodeji,
61. Ngozi Cole,
62. Ailende Ehi,
63. Oluwasegun Funmi Abiodun,
64. Shehu Usman,
65. Alade Martins,
67. Onita Josephine,
68. Ike Ochonogo,
69. John Amadu,
70. Aquade Roger,
71. Osunbade Aderoju,
72. Fatokun Anjola,
73. Fatokun Olaoluwa,
74. Ajani Adenike,
75. Ike Abugu,
76. Adijolola Abraham,
77. Otegbeye Adiza,
78. Ehioghae Sonny,
79. Abikale Otatori,
80. Ntoku Charles,
81. Anibaba Tosin,
82. Shobowale Femi,
83. Somolu Oluwafemi,
84. Ariyibi Temitope,
85. Ojugbana Amaka,
86. Ojugbana Xtopher,
87. Muti,
88. Yusuf Ali,
89.Lt Col Chumbo Ochigbo,
90. D Awani,
91. O Awani,
92. N Chidiac,
93. Li Huizhu,
94. Kang Yi,
95. Inuza Ahmed,
96. Fayzal,
97. Mojekwu Adeobi,
98. Ibrahim D,
99. Peter Nosike,
100. Mahmud Aliyu,
101. Nnadi John,
102. Akwezi Elizabeth,
103. Adedunni Dorothy,
104. Maria Okulehi,
105. Jennifer Ibe,
106. Mtshelia Sarah,
107. Onyeagocha Chidinma,
108. Ike Okoye,
109. Amaka Raphael,
110. Garba Abdu,
111. Abdu Aisha,
112. Benson Oluwayemi,
113. Taiwo Lamidi,
114. Awodogan Oluwasanmi,
115. Major Ig Mohammed,
116. Attah Antonia,
117. Li Riu,
118. Ifeanyi Orakwe,
119. Obina Akabueze,
120. Chukwuemeka Okere,
121. Adekunbi Adebiyi,
122. Wasa Ruth,
124. 123. Nabil Garba,
125. Ibrahim Jangana,
126. Okikiolu Olukayode,
127. Komolafe Olugbenga,
128. Dike Chinwe,
129. Olusola Arokoya,
130. Olukoya Banji,
131. Saka Otaru,
132. Yusuf Ibrahim,
133. Ikpoki Abiola,
134. Levi Ajuonuma,
135. Mbang
136. Shehu Sa'ad - Director Of Mainstreet Bank

May their souls R.I.P.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Biggyd2: 9:13pm On Jun 03, 2012
shymmex: Onlookers at the scene of the crash which should have been sealed off by NEMA:

My take exactly!!! this is so depressing.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by nedostic: 9:15pm On Jun 03, 2012
Life is but a fiction and death has remained man's greatest enemy to joy and its equally the greatest humbler of both the mighty and the weakling.
Times like this always make me to realize the fact that life is quite temporal and man lives and dies in vanity.
May the good Lord comfort the families of the deceased and and equally have mercy on the living.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Afam4eva(m): 9:16pm On Jun 03, 2012
Here's the manifest of dana air:

Onita jennifer, ike ochonogo, 146 passengers, john ahmadu, onyeka ayene, hurriya Lawal, berkisum yindadi, ebuka enuma, oluchi önyenyiri, sunday enuma, george moses, noah anyene, kamsi anyene, stamford obruste, kayinentochi anyene, okeke hope, rev ayodeji, ngozi cole, ailende ehi, oluwasegun funmi abiodun, shehu usman, alade martins, onita josephine, ike ochonogo, john amadu,aquade roger, osunbade aderoju, fatokun anjola, fatokun olaoluwa, ajani adenike, ike abugu, adijolola abraham, otegbeye adiza, ehioghae sonny, abikale otatori, ntoku charles, anibaba tosin, shobowale femi,somolu oluwafemi, ariyibi temitope, ojugbana amaka, ojugbana xtopher, muti, yusuf ali, lt col chumbo ochigbo, d awani, o awani, n chidiac, li huizhu, kang yi, inuza ahmed, fayzal, mojekwu adeobi, ibrahim d, peter nosike, mahmud aliyu, nnadi john, akwezi elizabeth, adedunni dorothy, maria okulehi, jennifer ibe, mtshelia sarah,Onyeagocha chidinma, ike okoye, amaka raphael, garba abdu, abdu aisha, benson oluwayemi, taiwo lamidi, awodogan oluwasanmi, major ig mohammed, attah antonia, li riu, ifeanyi orakwe, obina akabueze, chukwuemeka okere, adekunbi adebiyi, wasa ruth, nabil garba, ibrahim jangana, okikiolu olukayode, komolafe olugbenga, dike chinwe, olusola arokoya, olukoya banji, saka otaru, yusuf ibrahim, ikpoki abiola, levi ajuonuma, m. bang
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by tpia5: 9:16pm On Jun 03, 2012
don't see any amina idris bugaje or kim morrison on the manifest

neither did I.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Sijo01(f): 9:17pm On Jun 03, 2012
Gj orders full investgation on d crash!

Hope something gud comes out of it.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by rafiky: 9:18pm On Jun 03, 2012
Requiem aeternam dona Domine,Et lux perpetua luceat eis.
It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had.
May they rest in Peace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (25) (Reply)

My Experience Living In China For 4 Months - A Nairalander / Man Rides Bicycle Taller Than A Bus On Lagos Road (pics) / Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.