Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,788 members, 7,841,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

It's Time! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's Time! (733 Views)

It’s Time To Face Justice, Wike Tells Amaechi / Nigeria Has Expired (1914-2014). It Time To Let Biafra Go - UK / It’s Time To Vote Out ‘I Will Do President’ – Amaechi Blasts Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Time! by damola1: 2:46am On Jun 05, 2012
Nigerians as a people must now learn to come together as one. With one motive, which is to improve our lives. Our inability to come together as one is what is currently affecting us. Lets forget about the Goverment for a minute.

The events of Last Sunday has shown we do not care for each other. Or else, why else should all Dana operations in Nigeria still be active, can you believe those guys still flew today! 3 days mourning indeed. They have sold cars for years with no air bags or 1 air bag, check https://www.nairaland.com/624141/how-kia-motors-endangers-lives or https://www.nairaland.com/431821/kia-rio-no-get-airbag. And the same management is responsible for failing to put customers safety as a priority. Thats why we lost over 200 lives in just a single event. Excuse me sir, is one life more important than the other. It could have been anyone, it could have been you or me. But now it's our brothers and sisters and their children. Our lives are in danger, make no mistake.

If not for the gravity of this, can we confidently say we are sure people have not died from their dead trap cars, their water, their drugs or even poor quality manufactured plastics?.. every single day, there's someone who this guys continue to kill just for a kobo!

For our crying brothers and sisters, for our history and for our future. We must come together today or forever live in fear, agony, crying and pain. The Govt. might be so powerful, but how powerful really is the indian whose relatives live under $2 per day like us. We can if we want to close down all operations of Dana Group of companies across the country. This will send one and only one message, not only to our leaders but to all those who care to know. That we Nigerians will not take nonsense, and we care for each other.

We don't have to continue to live in fear or bury our loved ones..
Re: It's Time! by damola1: 3:04am On Jun 05, 2012
I wonder why we've touts if not for situations like this. I wonder why we talk so much without a need to sit together and come to a general consensus. I wonder how we will wake up tomorrow, take our bath, drive our kia rio to work, and pray that for safety, and even if an acidents happen, ' God ' will become our airbag, take a dana paracetamol and wait for our headache to turn to cardiac arrest, or fly to Abuja, only to be praying mid way that we land safely... I wonder why our life is so cheap to us.. why we can't just sit down, and appreciate life. Why must we choose to live in pain, abject poverty, hunger... why?.. why can't we smile.. for once..
Re: It's Time! by damola1: 3:28am On Jun 05, 2012
DANA forced Ill-fated plane to fly – Staff alleges http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/dana-forced-ill-fated-plane-to-fly-staff-alleges/

wow...some families will continue to pay the price till at least 2 generations to come.. Is this going to happen again?... well, yeah, it's definately going to happen, it's only a matter of when... question is, what will we do to at least try to avert this... crossing our fingers at this time won't work!

Re: It's Time! by nduchucks: 3:35am On Jun 05, 2012
First thing first. Arrest Dr. Dana and a whole host of dana executives and lock them up pending further investigation. This Dr. should rot in prison.
Re: It's Time! by damola1: 3:44am On Jun 05, 2012
ndu_chucks: First thing first. Arrest Dr. Dana and a whole host of dana executives and lock them up pending further investigation. This Dr. should rot in prison.

Our govt. has shown consistency in failing us till date. Arrest is to be done by the police, and investigation will be done by Jonathan Committee. What we need now is to act as a people, as one, shut down their damn operations!.. Police can do their arrest whenever they like.. But we need to act swiftly, in a week or 2, something else would have taken over...
Re: It's Time! by damola1: 11:57pm On Jun 05, 2012
this country will continue to affect us.. no matter what
because our roots are here, and we can only but be a part of our roots
when their parents left over 30years ago, they were not even born
yet they died in this crash..
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/05/us/nigeria-crash-victims/
we must make this country great again. We must by all means come together to demand greatness.
Re: It's Time! by ACM10: 12:10am On Jun 06, 2012
Damola1 u are part of the problem. Just last month u sold a faulty jeep to your fellow NLer. Promisin him that the car iz in a good workin condition. You are a scammer and have no integrity to make a call like this
Re: It's Time! by damola1: 12:13am On Jun 06, 2012
ACM10: Damola1 u are part of the problem. Just last month u sold a faulty jeep to your fellow NLer. Promisin him that the car iz in a good workin condition. You are a scammer and have no integrity to make a call like this

You are right & wrong. You can follow up the thread yourself.
Re: It's Time! by LogicMind: 12:15am On Jun 06, 2012
stop dreaming. we will never come together as one.
1967-1970
remember
Re: It's Time! by damola1: 12:17am On Jun 06, 2012
Logic Mind: stop dreaming. we will never come together as one.
1967-1970
remember

I would stop living the moment I stopped dreaming.. besides, that's 42years ago!..

(1) (Reply)

Me, Myself And I / Breaking News: GEJ Sacks Management And Board Of NNPC / Who Should Be Blamed For Insecurity?state Governors Or Presidency?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.