Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife (17478 Views)

Ladies STOP Selecting Men, Based On Where They Work. / Six Girl's Priorities In A Guy,yes Or No? / Cute Names You Can Call Your Husband/wife/fiance/fiancee/better Half (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by bknight: 6:16pm On Jun 06, 2012
-

1 Like

Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by Tallest9(m): 6:27pm On Jun 06, 2012
3, 19, 15, 12, 11
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by kemiola89(f): 10:31pm On Jun 06, 2012
@op! I want all! Call me greedy if u like, i dont care.
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by daviesmania(m): 11:27pm On Jun 06, 2012
1 financial independence 2. financial stability 3. Financial warlord 4 financial kingkong 5 financial obomo nkuku. As a lady
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by ijebabe: 11:47pm On Jun 06, 2012
1) Financial Independence
3) Practising Believer Would replace this with being spiritual cos religion is in the heart. Doesn't mean he's pure at heart just because he goes to church every Sunday!
6) Funny
7) Patience
16)Respectful

F[b]u[/b]ck, this is hard!
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by ijebabe: 11:51pm On Jun 06, 2012
Harbioollah:
1. Trust
2. Funny
3. Financial Independence
4. Non smoker/drinker
5. Goal getter

Ijebabe has all of dis
Hahahaha!
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by obowunmi(m): 1:07am On Jun 07, 2012
Most important is healthy. I don't want a barren woman or an impotent man.
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by ayobase(m): 8:57am On Jun 07, 2012
Cuddlemii: 1) Intelligent(Didn't find that in your list, very important because it supersedes everything and a key to everything)

2) Hardworking (encompasses financial independence, a goal getter, well connected because anyone who is hardworking would have all these in mind or aspires to get them so they are all interwoven and interrelated like a maze. Infact a man who acknowledges that you encouraged his hard work would be generous too)

3) Physical look (this is obviously related to being neat as well,your man should be at least presentable. Its the way he is dressed that he would be addressed)

4) Patience (Related to good listener and adviser. You need to be attentive and composed to listen to your partner. Related to respectful as well)

5) Practicing believer not like a staunch christian but must have the fear of God. I am not a fan of spiritual fanatics). Once there is fear of God, every other blessing follows or all the other factors you listed would be added unto thee. If you can't get everything in a man, focus on getting the most important or key things that would shape, mold or establish the rest for you.

Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by ayobase(m): 8:59am On Jun 07, 2012
Harbioollah: 1. Trust
2. Funny
3. Financial Independence
4. Non smoker/drinker
5. Goal getter

Ijebabe has all of dis

Ijebabe...where art thou o!
Another crush here!
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by ayobase(m): 9:03am On Jun 07, 2012
fellis:

yes.
Also, when the girl is very fine and sexy, the man will automatically visualize the other qualities for the woman. Beauty dey shape mumu o!!! grin
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by ayobase(m): 9:06am On Jun 07, 2012
mercylicious:

ur explanation of hard working is false.
barrow pushers are the highest hard workers but they are nt financially independent. There are also not well connected and most will not be in their life time. So u have to seperate them.

Hard work is hard work.
And na level by level according to goals.
Much are as d result of hard work.
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by ayobase(m): 9:10am On Jun 07, 2012
ayox2003:
Og, I believe that humanbeings are made in their essential capacities to act and not to be acted upon. We all have choices and we can choose what we want from our lives. Manyatimes life throw punches at us but we are left to choose how we react to them.
When it comes to choosing a life partner, choose the qualities you would want to see in you partner and position yourself for such a person by working on your own character, too. Pls dont lower your standards for anything.
Do you know I can choose to date you? Lolz.

Choose or choice?
Well, nice pick up line there!
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 07, 2012
ayox2003: True, but you cant just love someone forthwith. Honestly, I dont think ONE quality of love/respect is enough. Although you cant get all what u want in your partner, I think some qualities must be present. Og, love grows and some qualities must be present to sustain such growth. I'm not including beauty and wealth in the 'qualities' but basic characteristics of the person. Trust, honesty, industry, thoughtfulness are not toomuch qualities one must look for when choosing a life partner. I may sound archaic but the best relationships are those that started from friendship. Just like a pebble thrown into the pond, the circle enlarges itself till you finally accept the person for who he/she is. What if someone loves and respects me but she is from "Lazytown"? A lazy lover? I bet the love would not last a decade. Therefore, I still maintain that we choose want we want in a person we really wanna settle down with.
By the way, if you've got what I want, and I've got what u want(love/respect) why would u reject me? Lol.
Lest I forget, there is this quote I heard somewhere that I'd like to share. It says: Love is blind but marriage is will open its eye. Lol.smiley

The beauty of this world is that it is not black and white. If it was, then life would be simple. Look at some of the basic characteristics you listed. Trust and honesty. The person you fall in love with will change with time. That is a promise. The person you trust now or consider honest may have to stray from that quality to keep you happy. Honesty may be one of the worst requirements of all lol. Honesty can hurt and dishonesty can hurt. It's like a one-sided coin. The same goes for trust. Some build trust to deceive whilst some break trust to protect. It all depends.

Love and respect are enough for me. I'm not going to request any qualities from someone because I know how I am lol. I am fickle and can go wherever the wind blows me. Various situations will arrive in life, and sometimes dishonesty and being untrustworthy are the answers.

People we may see as admirable were disliked by others. People we hate were loved by some. One would easily call Bob Marley a humanitarian who practiced love, wanted world peace, etc. This same Bob Marley maltreated his wife physically, mentally, and emotionally, the woman he was supposed to love and cherish until death. Hitler was responsible for the Holocaust, yet he had a devoted wife, and dog lol, by his side for reasons unbeknownst to me. At the end of the day, people are flawed. Whether it's one quality, five, or one hundred qualities listed, there's a chip in the armor. Many people find their Mr. Right's or Mrs. Perfect's, with seemingly flawless characteristics, and leave them anyway, because the key didn't fit into the lock.

I'm not saying that there shouldn't be any qualities involved in forming relationships. That's necessary of course, but how many times have you heard people say they love their spouse because he or she is hot or funny? Those superficial relationships don't always last, and I laugh sometimes. Did the hotness expire? Is he or she no longer funny? A lot of divorces are filed due to irreconcilable differences aka "we're not meant for each other". There's more to life than "he must be a, b, and c", or "she must be x, y, and z". It's very rare that we find an a, b, c. More than likely, an "i, q, and f" compliments us best.

I may sound archaic but the best relationships are those that started from friendship. Just like a pebble thrown into the pond, the circle enlarges itself till you finally accept the person for who he/she is.

I agree smiley

You can't love and respect me if you don't know me brah lol.
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by ayobase(m): 10:07am On Jun 07, 2012
ijebabe:
Hahahaha!

So....u been don see am!
So, na laughing matter when someone likes you!
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by ayobase(m): 10:12am On Jun 07, 2012
ogugua88:

The beauty of this world is that it is not black and white. If it was, then life would be simple. Look at some of the basic characteristics you listed. Trust and honesty. The person you fall in love with will change with time. That is a promise. The person you trust now or consider honest may have to stray from that quality to keep you happy. Honesty may be one of the worst requirements of all lol. Honesty can hurt and dishonesty can hurt. It's like a one-sided coin. The same goes for trust. Some build trust to deceive whilst some break trust to protect. It all depends.

Love and respect are enough for me. I'm not going to request any qualities from someone because I know how I am lol. I am fickle and can go wherever the wind blows me. Various situations will arrive in life, and sometimes dishonesty and being untrustworthy are the answers.

People we may see as admirable were disliked by others. People we hate were loved by some. One would easily call Bob Marley a humanitarian who practiced love, wanted world peace, etc. This same Bob Marley maltreated his wife physically, mentally, and emotionally, the woman he was supposed to love and cherish until death. Hitler was responsible for the Holocaust, yet he had a devoted wife, and dog lol, by his side for reasons unbeknownst to me. At the end of the day, people are flawed. Whether it's one quality, five, or one hundred qualities listed, there's a chip in the armor. Many people find their Mr. Right's or Mrs. Perfect's, with seemingly flawless characteristics, and leave them anyway, because the key didn't fit into the lock.

I'm not saying that there shouldn't be any qualities involved in forming relationships. That's necessary of course, but how many times have you heard people say they love their spouse because he or she is hot or funny? Those superficial relationships don't always last, and I laugh sometimes. Did the hotness expire? Is he or she no longer funny? A lot of divorces are filed due to irreconcilable differences aka "we're not meant for each other". There's more to life than "he must be a, b, and c", or "she must be x, y, and z". It's very rare that we find an a, b, c. More than likely, an "i, q, and f" compliments us best.

I agree smiley

You can't love and respect me if you don't know me brah lol.
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by ijebabe: 11:06am On Jun 07, 2012
ayobase:

So....u been don see am!
So, na laughing matter when someone likes you!
Ayo, why i no go laff? First you accuse me with Mynd u no wan make i rest shey? cheesy
Is this payback for ur thing with Dubem? wink
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by acidtalk: 11:11am On Jun 07, 2012
ijebabe:
Ayo, why i no go laff? First you accuse me with Mynd u no wan make i rest shey? cheesy

before then it was with sexskillz and mr....cork
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by ijebabe: 11:27am On Jun 07, 2012
acidtalk:

before then it was with sexskillz and mr....cork
Hahaha! Everyone knows Cork is crazy and harmless. Please leave killz out of this, he's my paddy smiley
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by ayobase(m): 12:35pm On Jun 07, 2012
ijebabe:

Common! I dont do ''payback''!
Its good having fans though....
Go gel!
''....ur thing with Dubem?''?
NAUTHIN!
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by ayobase(m): 12:36pm On Jun 07, 2012
ijebabe:
Hahaha! Everyone knows Cork is crazy and harmless. Please leave killz out of this, he's my paddy smiley

U really do have fans, and not just mere accidental follower like me!
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by ijebabe: 1:05pm On Jun 07, 2012
ayobase:

U really do have fans, and not just mere accidental follower like me!
Hmmm Ayo! This is embarrassing o lipsrsealed smiley
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 07, 2012
ijebabe:
kiss kiss kiss
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by ceeceeco: 1:52pm On Jun 24, 2012
1.she must b dedicated & hard workin'. 2. She must b God-fearin'. 3. She must b a gud cook. 4. She must b sincere & generous. 4. She must b trustworthy. 5. She must not b ugly & not 2 pweety either. 6. She must learn 2 tolerate. 7. Her natural features must b attractive. 8. She must b carin'. 9. She must cum 4rm a well respected home, even if they aren't rich. 10. Above all, she must luv & respect my parents.
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by acidtalk: 10:33pm On Jun 24, 2012
ceeceeco: 1.she must b dedicated & hard workin'. 2. She must b God-fearin'. 3. She must b a gud cook. 4. She must b sincere & generous. 4. She must b trustworthy. 5. She must not b ugly & not 2 pweety either. 6. She must learn 2 tolerate. 7. Her natural features must b attractive. 8. She must b carin'. 9. She must cum 4rm a well respected home, even if they aren't rich. 10. Above all, she must luv & respect my parents.

Oliver Twist.
We asked for 5 you mentioned 10.
All good anyway.
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by Nayah(f): 10:29am On Jul 30, 2012
Hi poster
I'll try to give you the best answer concerning the most important things to me as a husband, even though things are not always "what we want them to be"
I'd say
Respectful= especially for infidelity, capable of carefully hidding sex affairs
Responsible= I can feel someone I can count on in any situation
Ambitious= real sense meanning even though you don't have a job, you are active to get one
Hard working
Capbale to communicate with his half
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by acidtalk: 12:56pm On Jul 30, 2012
Nayah: Hi poster
I'll try to give you the best answer concerning the most important things to me as a husband, even though things are not always "what we want them to be"
I'd say
Respectful= especially for infidelity, capable of carefully hidding sex affairs
Responsible= I can feel someone I can count on in any situation
Ambitious= real sense meanning even though you don't have a job, you are active to get one
Hard working
Capbale to communicate with his half

This aren't bad to ask for.
All the best.
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by Nayah(f): 1:14pm On Jul 30, 2012
acidtalk:

This aren't bad to ask for.
All the best.
Wish I can have it...
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by acidtalk: 2:59pm On Jul 30, 2012
Nayah:
Wish I can have it...

my son (baby_acidtalk) has all those qualities and more.
Do you want him?
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by Nayah(f): 3:00pm On Jul 30, 2012
acidtalk:

my son (baby_acidtalk) has all those qualities and more.
Do you want him?
lool you'd better ask him if he wants me grin
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by acidtalk: 3:06pm On Jul 30, 2012
Nayah:
lool you'd better ask him if he wants me grin

He likes anything in skirt.
so i know he will like you.
Do you want him?
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by Nayah(f): 3:19pm On Jul 30, 2012
acidtalk:

He likes anything in skirt.
so i know he will like you.
Do you want him?
LMAO do you think it could push me to talk with him?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What You Dislike About Yourself....come In & Share.... / What I Went Through For 2years All Because Of Raw Sex / Chinese Men Marrying African Women, A New Trend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.