Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,597 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming (20456 Views)

UNILAG Renaming Noble But Illegal, Says Abiola's Lawyer Afe Babalola / Wole Soyinka Opposes UNILAG/MAU Renaming / Sagay, Others Differ Over Renaming Of UNILAG In Honour Of Abiola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 07, 2012
Demdem:

grin grin grin. u are not serious ooo.
But honestly i would have preferred something monumental in Abuja than this for this great man. i hope this wont cause dissafection between MAULAG and MAUPOLY sha grin

Na as jonathan brain reach,na so e take make the decision.Abeg let's take the one his mind goes along with.
Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by ypzilanti: 4:45pm On Jun 07, 2012
Billyonaire: I dont believe you.

Google it. Did I ask you to believe me? Am I your saviour or your pastor? Do you even have a brain?
Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by vicade(m): 4:47pm On Jun 07, 2012
Soo_cool: eeyah!
No more unilag! Now MALU
great MALU students.............................MOOOO!
Lol

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 07, 2012
acidtalk: The story isn't complete.
They forgot to inform us how many filled ghana must go bags they received from from the executives.

Nigerians biggest problem is we don't Judge fairly. We put sentiments in every treatment and judgement we made.

99% of the people shouting MAULAG,MALU, MAU and the rest are definitely not in support of Jonathan's actions. We only feel joyed that the supposed pompous attitude of unilag students have been cut short by that name change.

This will surely make way for many more ridiculous policy change by this government.

National Monuments, Stadia, road, bridges, public holiday and even Name of States and Local governments would be changed in no time by this government.

If a school like Uniben, Ilorin or Ibadan had their names changes I believe the "entire" populace would have kicked against this clueless actions.

Nigerians! Open your ears clearly. God is already upset with this Nation. The disasters occuring in this country of late are only a warning sign.[/size][size=8pt][/size]

The earlier we start speaking the truth and treating people and situations fairly irrespective of Status, ethnic or religious background the better for all of us.

And u think if disaster happens you and your entire family members would be spared? Plz know what you wish for oooo

SEUN! SEUN!! SEUN!!! PLEASE WHERE IS THE UNLIKE BUTTON NAAAAA!!!!! [size=8pt]

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by Nicompop: 4:49pm On Jun 07, 2012
BLATANT UNPARDONABLE RUMOURS
Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by abankula: 4:53pm On Jun 07, 2012
I have, for sometimes, on the right page with those who strongly believed that honouring chief MKO was long overdue and renaming a reputable university in his name was, no doubt, a perfect decision. However, the whole process that led to the renaming was sincerely illegal. As per the students who were on the streets protesting this decision, one thing obvious is that their action was not to really challenge the process, but just mere the name as they feel this will have negative impact on the school's reputaion. In fact, this presumption was 100% wrong as no university in the world has ever been rated based on its name. while i would not want to completely put all the blames on these students as some of them were too young or possibly not born when Abiola was prepared to stay out of his enormous comfort with a view to liberating nigerians from the hands of dictators and ensuring democrazy reingned in the country. What about the university's alumni who are living testimonies to the june 12 strugle? Apparently, i would have given my loyal support to the renaming of the institution if everything was centered around the illegality of the process. Having said that, i hope mr President would learn to understand that he has indeed failed the entire citizenry hence the spontaneous reactions.
Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by beatricewebb: 5:03pm On Jun 07, 2012
all beefers of GREAT UNILAG na god go punish una,it is a pitiable dismal pismire,it is regrettable lucubrious that in a country that is so blessed with oil,in a country that is blessed with human resources because of the miss mgt because of the hi-handedness,because of the consciousless consciouslessness,because of the purposeless purposelessness an because of the planless planlessness................. Res Judicata
Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by Aksally(m): 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2012
B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G N-E-W-S
A proposal was tabled before FEC meeting yesterday to delibrate about renaming University of Ibadan after Alao Akala University (ALAKUI) and University of Maiduguri after Aliyu Yusuf (Boko founder) AYUM. A subsequent bill will be sent to the NASS for quick passage in order to avoid any likely protest that action will generate
Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by Onasa22: 5:07pm On Jun 07, 2012
They forgot to inform us how many filled ghana must go bags they received from from the executives.

Nigerians biggest problem is we don't Judge fairly. We put sentiments in every treatment and judgement we made.

99% of the people shouting MAULAG,MALU, MAU and the rest are definitely not in support of Jonathan's actions. We only feel joyed that the supposed pompous attitude of unilag students have been cut short by that name change.

This will surely make way for many more ridiculous policy change by this government.

National Monuments, Stadia, road, bridges, public holiday and even Name of States and Local governments would be changed in no time by this government.

If a school like Uniben, Ilorin or Ibadan had their names changes I believe the "entire" populace would have kicked against this clueless actions.

Nigerians! Open youe ears clearly. God is already upset with this Nation. The disasters occuring in this country of late are only a warning sign.
The earlier we start speaking the truth and treating people and situations fairly irrespective of Status, ethnic or religious background the better for all of us.

Why did you people hate MKO so much? How many of you protested when University of Ife was named after Obafemi Awolowo? Is Unilag standard of Education higher than that of Ife? or the protest was all
about Gej renaming it? Noisemakers!
Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by Akpan107(m): 5:10pm On Jun 07, 2012
amefi: Mr Jonathan's govt is tsumnamic to Nigeria and the World at large.
2015 Sai Goodluck!!!
Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by tessyade: 5:15pm On Jun 07, 2012
beatrice webb: all beefers of GREAT UNILAG na god go punish una,it is a pitiable dismal pismire,it is regrettable lucubrious that in a country that is so blessed with oil,in a country that is blessed with human resources because of the miss mgt because of the hi-handedness,because of the consciousless consciouslessness,because of the purposeless purposelessness an because of the planless planlessness................. Res Judicata
This is unnecessary.
Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by flexdee(m): 5:15pm On Jun 07, 2012

Nigerians! Open youe ears clearly. God is already upset with this Nation. The disasters occuring in this country of late are only a warning sign.

well said, infact you made my day with this comment.
Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by Frangbon: 5:20pm On Jun 07, 2012
E go better
Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by Tropilo(m): 5:21pm On Jun 07, 2012
ipasco: WE CAN NOW SEE THE EXTENT OF DECADENCE IN OUR COUNTRY, WHERE THE WISH OF THE PEOPLE DONT MATTER angry

Wish of which people? ...rioters?
Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by Akpan107(m): 5:25pm On Jun 07, 2012
ikee: Uncle GEJ must be laughing Now!
My GEJ is now becoming a man of action! Hahahahahah...!!! I love him so much. I wish him SUCCESS in Two thousand and Fifteen election.
Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by Akpan107(m): 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2012
afam4eva: I wonder what Unilag students will do next.
They will go on protest untill they get back their Unilag.
Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by Tropilo(m): 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Na as jonathan brain reach,na so e take make the decision.Abeg let's take the one his mind goes along with.

As im brain reach, baa? Atleast he remembered a great man deserved honour in just one year in office.
Shè baba get brain. He stayed for 8yrs the only thing he could think of was to add jara. Forgetting the great man he rode on his back to extra stardom.
Please, give Mr. President his deserved credit.
Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by emsquare(m): 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2012
Nyc!
Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 07, 2012
Tropilo:

As im brain reach, baa? Atleast he remembered a great man deserved honour in just one year in office.
Shè baba get brain. He stayed for 8yrs the only thing he could think of was to add jara. Forgetting the great man he rode on his back to extra stardom.
Please, give Mr. President his deserved credit.

Sure I acknowledged Jonathan for taking the decision to immortalize Abiola but I still would want june 12 to be recognized !
Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by lanrelagos: 5:40pm On Jun 07, 2012
Who is this afam guy? u r just a bloody fool..i wonder where you dropped from. And by the way all you guys talking about abiola, i would advise you to take up your history books and see whatt he did many years back.
He never was a president and will neva b..... and thats the most important thing.....
Anyways, all you fakers can advise the dumb in aso rock to send a letter or bill to national assembly to squeez his name in the list of past presidents.
monkeys!!!!!
Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by Hemanwel(m): 5:43pm On Jun 07, 2012
ipasco: WE CAN NOW SEE THE EXTENT OF DECADENCE IN OUR COUNTRY, WHERE THE WISH OF THE PEOPLE DONT MATTER angry
My frnd,evrybdy outside unilag campus wnts MAU 2 stand.So,wu r d pple u talkin?D less dan 30,000 students of d institutn wu were nt born as at 1993?
Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by Tropilo(m): 5:52pm On Jun 07, 2012
afam4eva: I wonder what Unilag students will do next.

They can shred their certificates like Boko na ram or they use tippex!
Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 07, 2012

Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by Hemanwel(m): 6:01pm On Jun 07, 2012

Nigerians! Open youe ears clearly. God is already upset with this Nation. The disasters occuring in this country of late are only a warning sign.All cos unilag waz changed to Moshood Abiola University

.Pls,moderators,we nid a 'dislike' button in dis forum.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by Akainzo(m): 6:05pm On Jun 07, 2012
Alxmyr:

House of Rep received the letter the same time senate received the letter from Mr. President.
They can take up the matter any time they wish. It still does not change the fact that the three bills will be consider together or concurrently.
As long as one of the three bill scale through, the remaining will do. Maddibo Univ. of Tech, Michael Okpara Univ. and Mosshood Abiola Uni. the bill for an acts to chage these names will run together. You cannot pass Maddibo Univ. of Tech. without passing MAULAG bill. That is where GEJ knocked out his critics.

How so much wrong can you be? The bills are separate and would be treated separately.
ok, to use your logic when GEJ send lists of Ministerial nominees to the Senate, once one has been cleared then they would clear everybody Stop thinking with the same uncultured side of the brain like GEJ.

Yes, he is trying to be smart but the NA has procedures spelt out and those procedures MUST be followed otherwise the bill cannot be amended.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by Tropilo(m): 6:09pm On Jun 07, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Sure I acknowledged Jonathan for taking the decision to immortalize Abiola but I still would want june 12 to be recognized !

MKO is the symbol of June 12, the Unilag change is ideal. Besides, Abiola worked in Unilag in the sixties.
I think they should try with some legislative "mago-mago", replace him with Shonekan as an ex-President (swear him in post-humously). Shonekan does not in anyway or manner deserve to be listed at all. (PAINS ME ITS IMPOSSIBLE!)
Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by Lakkay: 6:12pm On Jun 07, 2012
Huge conjecture!
Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 07, 2012
Onasa22:

Why did you people hate MKO so much? How many of you protested when University of Ife was named after Obafemi Awolowo? Is Unilag standard of Education higher than that of Ife? or the protest was all
about Gej renaming it? Noisemakers!
. If they want their school to be renamed,thats their business. UNILAG students know their rights and since its supposed to be a 'free' country,we have every right to reject whats not down with us.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by abioila(m): 6:17pm On Jun 07, 2012
this news is fake!!how can nairalanders be so gullible, the NASS is on recess.
Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 07, 2012
Tropilo:

you're really irritating. Pls kindly get an oxford dictionary and look up the meaning of rioting,also look up the meaning of peaceful-then protest undecided
Tropilo:

you're really irritating. Pls kindly get an oxford dictionary and look up the meaning of rioting,also look up the meaning of peaceful-then protest
Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by Beaf: 6:30pm On Jun 07, 2012
^
But they are rioters na! What do you call area boyz in action? No be rioting be dat?
Abeg, leave dat side and join me as we eat cassava bread and pop sontin. grin
Re: Senate Approves UNILAG Renaming by musiwa50: 6:33pm On Jun 07, 2012
Some of you dont know how to think. Goodluck is not a wise person. He just became unpopular. If majority say they dont want something. And you continue to say you want thing. And everybody knows we have yeye senate and house of rep... What does that make you.

Look How many people can abiola win for you. Nobody.

The student are over 20,000 and each of them have family like 200 each. 20,000 X 200 == 4,000000 vote. Not to talk of their friend who are in other universities who support them.. Which bring the total population to nearly 250,000 X 200 families = 50 million people on the side of the student..

Do you know any normal person in his brain who displease 50 million people to please Omolola Abiola-Edewor. How can that make you popular.. talking of the name edewor. sound familiar.

I think some of you need your brain examine.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2015 POLLS: Ex-militant BOYLOAF And Thug GANI ADAMS Hold Secret Meeting In Lagos / FG To Sell Discos To New Investors - Zainab Mohammed / Senator Joy Emordi Defects To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.